The Other Side Of Paradise

By beynikaoutsold

Beyoncés taking a break from college and decided to spend the summer with her older sister In Malibu. Onikas... More

!! WARNING !!
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX

XX

1.1K 87 60
By beynikaoutsold

Onika Tanya Maraj

Onikas eyes fluttered open as she laid on her side. There was a dull pounding in her head as she attempted to sit up.

She noticed the sun shining through the windows of the room she was in. She was confused—this wasn't her room.

Memories of the previous night played in her mind as she cringed at each memory.

She noticed she was in a old dingy college sweatshirt as she got up. She was surprised at the feeling of thick fuzzy socks on her feet. She got up slowly and felt a ping in her back.

"Shiiiit.." She let out at how stiff her body was, she stood up and stretched the best she could. As she approached the window she was even more confused.

She saw sand in the distance—and the ocean.

She observed the room more closely, the room looked like it was straight out of a vacation home. It had shells everywhere, white paint with light and elegant art lining the walls—a screen door that gave her access to the backyard—which was indeed a beach.

She noticed her bandages were freshly replaced as well. She was still confused as she looked around, she knew she had to be at her father's house—she was just confused because this didn't fit his vibe at all.

She stepped back and paused at the smell of food.

Onika hadn't ate much of anything in awhile. She's not usually hungry when she's high.

She heard her stomach growl and she carefully opened the door, to reveal a natural lit hallway that was also painted a grey ish white.

She walked through toward the sound of scraping and the aroma of food is getting stronger.

She finally stepped in a new area—she turned to her right and there was a living room. A tv mounted and a L couch with 2 chairs near it. It had multiple bookshelves as well which held a lot of photos.

She turned to her left to see the back of her father's head as he made breakfast.

"Goodmorning." He said without turning around and Onika let out a light cough. "Morning." Sue said sitting at the island in the kitchen.

He pulled out a white plate and proceeded to place Onikas breakfeast on there.

He turned around and handed it to her and the girl gave a quiet thanks in response. The two sat at the island but Onika was extremely uncomfortable.

She ate slowly so she could avoid conversation with him—and she managed to stall for 30 minutes.

"Why are you here Onika?" He asked and Onika gulped nervously. She looked down at herself.

"F-For help." She said weakly. She looked back up at her farther with a pleading look on her face. "Please help me dad. I—I want to get better so bad." Onika begged and her farther sighed.

"All I need—is your help. H—how did you stop?" Onika asked.

"I would say some bullshit saying that I thought of the people that cared about me but.." He trailed off.

"It all comes down to you. Support can greatly help but it's not a guarantee you'll get better—especially if you're lying in their faces." He said taking Onikas plate and beginning to wash it for her.

"Rehab is a great Idea—but I have a feeling you'd hate it too much to even be open to it." He said and Onika spoke up.

"I—I tried it." She confessed.

"In patient care of out patient care?" He asked and Onika didn't answer—he already knew.

"Out patient care is probably the reason why you showed up half drunk, half high, crying and actually throwing up to my house." He mumbled.

"I—I just want help dad." Onika begged and the man turned towards her—he looked like he was attempting to figure her out.

"You want help? Well first of all—going cold turkey and continuing what you always do isn't gonna fix shit." He stated and Onika looked down again.

"And if you want help—from someone who's relapsed so many times It goes off my fingers—we'll have a boot camp." He stated and Onikas eyes widened.

"A—boot camp?" She asked and he nodded. "My dad did it with me—and Im about to do it with you. Rehab is a great option don't get me wrong, and you'll definitely be returning once you leave here," He said pointing at her.

"But you can't throw true addicts into a new environment and expect them to change. Especially if they're stubborn when they're high. Because that person—who's high—drunk—angry whatever the fuck—and normal you—will start to merge together." He explained.

"I—I don't want to be that. I don't want to be drunk—high—angry mess." Onika said and he looked at her.

She was serious—she wasn't bullshitting him and he knew it.

"Call ming and tell her you'll be here for a few weeks—and bring whatever you need." He said before exiting the kitchen and Onika watched him go.

She didn't know exactly how long a few weeks was, and she wasn't sure how this was going to work out for her.

.
.
.

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

Beyoncé laid in bed with a slight headache from her crying yesterday.

She wanted Onika back—the one that smiled and showed her dimples regularly. Not whoever that was last night.

She was upset that Onika was having to deal with this period—but she's even more upset because of what she said last night.

"Don't touch me."

She just wanted to comfort her but Onika wouldn't allow it. She heard a knock on her front door and struggled to get up to answer it.

She opened her bedroom door and reluctantly walked down the stairs, "Who is it?" She asked with a hoarse voice.

"Ming!" She heard on the other side and she immediately opened the door—but she didn't see her little counterpart with her.

"Onika didn't come home last night—and I called NA just to find out she never showed up to the meeting." Ming said and Beyoncés heart dropped.

"I got a call from her about an hour ago—she said she was with our farther. And—she's going to be staying there for a little while.." Ming said and Beyoncés face scrunched up.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I'm not entirely sure myself but—she said this was her way of receiving the help she needs and—just asked me to drop off her stuff." Ming mumbled.

"I wanted to ask you—if you wanted to drive with me down there. I know it's early but I also can tell you care about her—" Ming cut herself off while Beyoncé nodded immediately not caring she was in her pajamas and put her slides on.

Her and Ming drove to Roberts house—Beyoncé watched the houses pass by and noticed they were more beach houses as they went. She saw boats and some peoples backyards being just water.

They parked in front of a medium sized house, and Beyoncé could smell the salty air.

"Can you help me with her stuff?" Ming asked and Beyoncé nodded. She picked up a few bags and she admired a stuff animal she knew had to be Onikas.

She walked to the door with Ming and watched the older one of the two knocked on the door, only a few seconds later revealing a man a few inches taller than Beyoncé.

"Ming." He stated and Ming gave him a light hug, he eyed Beyoncé.

"You're Beyoncé I assume?" He asked and Beyoncé was stuck in shock. "Y-Yeah how'd you—"

"Onika rambled in a drunken state about you for about 30 minutes." He explained opening the door wider for them to come in.

Ming dropped the bags in the living room, "Where..is she?" Beyoncé asked. She noticed how the man was suspiciously eyeing her before putting this thumb behind him.

"She's in the back." He stated and Beyoncé nervously took her bear and walked away from Robert.

She opened the back door to see a figure sitting on the beach, and she knew it had to be Onika. She was nervous—speaking to her again after what transpired between them.

She walked slowly—with the sands help it took her a full 7 minutes to get near her. Onika turned around at the sound of sand being moved.

Her eyes widened when she saw Beyoncé—the taller girl just sat down next to her.

They didn't say a thing to each other for 5 minutes. Just staring out into the ocean, who's waves rippled every now and then.

"I—I'm sorry."

Beyoncé heard next to her and she turned toward Onika who was hugging her knees to her chest. "I—I haven't been a good friend to you." Onika confessed.

"I—I lied to you and Ming about being sober. And I—I'm sorry for yelling at you last night. I'm sorry for—I'm sorry for having so much shit going on that we can't even hang out like usual." Onika sobbed and Beyoncé hugged her.

"It's okay. I—I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this." Beyoncé said rubbing Onikas back.

"I—I think I'm gonna stay here. With my dad for a little while. He—he knows what it's like." Onika mumbled.

Roberts house was almost 2 hours away from Beyoncé.

"He—he's taking my phone. He said I don't need distractions—I honestly think he's gonna treat me like a prisoner." Onika said chuckling a bit through her tears

"I—I'm gonna miss you. I know why you need to do this but—I'm really gonna miss you." Beyoncé said into Onikas neck.

"You—you brought Mr. Bear?" Onika asked and Beyoncé smiled a bit through her own tears at Onika recognizing the teddy bear in her hand.

"Y-Yeah. Your—sister brought it." Beyoncé said as Onika took it from her hands. She was holding it like it's the most precious thing to her.

"I believe in you Oni I always have and always will." Beyoncé confessed and Onika listened to her talk. Her voice was smooth like honey with a hint of southern that calmed her down.

"And I—I still like you. I do. Nothing you're going through or gone through can change that." Beyoncé said confidently. She was sure that she was interested in Onika beyond friendship—

But she knew Onika was struggling—and a confession she wasn't even sure of wording would confuse the girl.

"T-Thank you so much." Onika said still hugging Beyoncé and Beyoncé gripped onto the back of her sweatshirt.

The two stayed like that for awhile. Onika buried herself into the crook of Beyonce's neck while the taller girl watched the waves. She caressed Onikas back a bit.

Robert and Ming watched the two girls from the porch. "Is she a good influence on her?" Robert asked and Ming nodded slightly after a few seconds.

"I think so." Ming stated.

"Hmph." Was all Robert said in response.

The two eventually had to bid their farewells and Beyoncé and Onika didn't want to let go of each other.

"I don't want to leave." Beyoncé whispered as she felt some tears blur her vision. "Y-You'll see me again. I promise. And when you do—we can go to that restaurant together—or watch the sunset together again." Onika said.

"Can we—watch the sunrise right now?" Beyoncé asked still holding Onika in her arms and the shorter girl nodded.

The two eventually had to say bye to each other and It was a hard sight to watch, Ming had never seen Onika cling to someone like she did Beyoncé. But she was the one who pulled away.

Ming and Onika shared a hug, Ming knew she wasn't going to stay there forever but it still hurt knowing everything's Onikas been through.

"I love you Oni." Ming said and Onika held in her sob. "I—I love you too Ming ming." Onika said pulling away from the hug.

She looked behind Ming's shoulder to see a still crying Beyoncé.

"I—I need to get better. And I really appreciate your help up till now—but—at the end of the day it's about m-me. I cant depend on you for comfort or anything or anyone for that matter." Onika stated and Beyoncé nodded in understanding.

Beyoncé was still crying a bit in the car and her and Onika shared a sad glance.

Onika watched the car go away and Beyoncé poked her head out. "I'll see you—Tomorrow?" Beyoncé asked with tears. She knew she wouldn't see her tomorrow but the farewell reminded her of all those nights.

Onika understood.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" Onika yelled waving as Beyoncé continued to stick her head out the window.

They watched each other—until the other one was out of sight.

.
.
.

"Get up."

Was all Onika heard as her eyes fluttered open to reveal a face she was beyond confused to encounter.

She sat up and looked at her farther—the man she ran to  two days ago as her last resort.

"Huh?" Onika let out and Robert crossed his arms. He looked different since Onika last saw him. He was a bit more muscular and less weak—he had a few tattoos now but a persistent cough.

"Get up. You've got a long couple of weeks ahead of you. This isn't going to be easy Onika." He stated.

"W-what are we gonna do?" Onika asked.

"Rehab Boot-camp."

.
.
.

Onika ate her breakfast and after she stood outside in a t shirt and leggings with her dad. "What are we about to do?" She asked.

"We? You. You're about to run up there and back for me." He said and Onika stared at the distance he wanted her to go. "Where exactly am I going?" She asked.

"Till you see a sign for a seafood place." He stated and Onika just stared at him. Because she couldn't see one in the distance and she knew that was going to be a long run.

Onika was already irritable, she couldn't tell if it was a mix of the withdrawal, her being awake at 4am, or having to run first thing in the morning.

"I'm not a track star dad and how is this going to help—" Robert cut her off.

"Don't question the retired drug addict, go. I've got you on a stop watch." He stated and Onika was looking at him like he was joking.

"You say retired like it was your job to snort whatever the hell you saw in sight." Onika snapped and Robert stayed neutral.

He wasn't hurt by Onikas words because he's heard it all before and he especially knows that she's dealing with withdrawal.

"I mean cmon man—How is this gonna help me—"

"Do it." He stated looking at her with a blank expression and she gulped slightly and contemplated walking away but she sighed and started jogging.

She suddenly felt a pressure in her chest—and a shortness of breath. She was confused—her chest and her body felt like they were begging her to stop moving.

She hated it—she barely made it a mile before she collapsed into the sand on her back. She was wheezing.

Her farther slowly walked toward her and all she saw was his face as the sun began to rise, "See that? See how your lungs are hanging for dear life? Yeah. That's because of that damn shit you've been putting in your body." He stated.

Onika was still wheezing.

"What the—what the fuck man?" She exclaimed.

"Drugs affect your body physically and mentally. You probably don't remember this because it wore off after awhile but you had asthma till you were 8. See how that shits coming back now?" He asked and Onika was still breathing in and out.

"I—I don't even—fucking smoke." Onika huffed and Robert shrugged.

"Who gives a fuck? Smoking isn't the only thing that can damage your lungs." He stated.

"I'm going to train your body and mind to help you get through actual rehab which you will be attending after this." He said as if it was a fact. A definite.

"Here's a bottled water. Don't it leave on the beach." He said handling it to her and she chugged it in seconds.

"There is gonna be a lot of tough love these next few weeks Onika. And if you care about laying a foundation to get better—you'll suck it up and deal with it." He said before walking back to his house.

Robert knew what he was doing—he knew Onika needed tough love because addicts are stubborn. No matter how much they want to get help—their stubborn. And he knew his daughter like the back of his hand.

She breathed heavily as she looked at the rising sun, still laid on her back in the sand.

"What the fuck have I gotten myself into?"

.
.
.

Hey y'all! How y'all like this chapter?

Beyoncé and Onika?

Thoughts on Robert?

What do you think Onikas gonna realize through her little boot camp?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.1K 2.4K 18
The life of a call girl named Onika Maraj. What happens when she falls in love with her client's daughter? •completed• [ Excuse the hideously lazy c...
200K 9.3K 49
Your love got me looking so crazy right now. G!P Onika!
5.2K 430 8
𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤. 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐱 𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲. 𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐠!𝐩.
MILF. By 4BEYGK

Fanfiction

192K 10.8K 40
"You are so beautiful. What's your name?" She looked at her friend extremely confused then back over at me. "Me?" "Yes, you." I was making direct ey...