flirting with fire โ‹Ÿ bucky ba...

By barnesobsessedbi

๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ . a careful ceo meets an... More

โฅ
โ™ฌโ‹†ยท
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
the end.

one.

1.4K 45 1
By barnesobsessedbi

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Striped stocking covered feet slip into black leather docs as nervous hands shove a white laptop into her oversized black leather satchel.

Dainty pale hands held her phone to her ear. "Nat, I need to do drinks tonight, Max's at 8?"

Natasha hummed into the line as she listened to her breathless friend hurry around. "I'll be there Tiny, did you wake up late again? I can here that winded breathing you're trying to hide." The older friend chuckled into the phone as the line went silent.

Letting out a huffed breath, a quiet silvery voice breathing, "no, I just enjoy rushing around before the biggest interview of my life."

Looking herself over once more she let's out a loud grunted breath, "I'm starting to think smoking may not actually be good for my soul," she sarcastically chuckled.

"I'm getting you an alarm clock for your birthday...and maybe some nicotine patches." They both laugh knowing bad habits die hard with Poppy.

"An alarm clock with no snooze." Nat added with a laugh. "But finish getting ready, Pop. This will be a good friday, I can feel it!" She smiled into the phone.

The two are about as close to sisters as friends can be, for two only children with red haired heredity and absent single parents.

"Yeah right, I have two interviews and then I'm officially giving up. Turns out, no one wants to hire a cyber security analyst that's done time for felony hacking," she deadpanned in defeat.

Tiny boot covered feet made their way towards the door as everything is shoved into the black leather bag, she pulls the gold oversized zipper and wraps her headphone around her neck.

Natasha laughed, "you'll find the right place for you, if not...you can always go back to your life of crime."

Sea green eyes rolled dramatically as she locked her door behind her. "Helpful, Nat. Love you."

She clicked the red end call button with a chuckle as she slipped her headphones over her ears and made her way to midtown for her interview at BB Records. They were looking for a security engineer and cyber analyst to revamp their entire system, a dream job. She would also get to work closely with music and production, another piece of her background before she dropped out of school.

She slid her arms from into her green leather jacket, listening to her favorite playlist to get her psyched up. She walked with a purpose, and a few dance moves, all the way to BBRecords. Dimpled cheeks tighten as she looked up at the tall sleek glass and steel building infront of her.

As she steps into the bright silver and white lobby space, scanning the board next to the elevator with the building information. She slipped her arms from the olive green leather jacket, weaving the jacket into the strap of her black bag. Her nerves heating up her body under the bright lighting. She clicked the button towards the top marked floor60.

The luminous lights in the lift were lighting her eyes to a captivating cerulean shade with a sprinkle of a emerald tones. She looked herself over in the mirrored elevator wall in the expensive building. Her black bodycon dress fell to mid thigh, accented with a cropped grey and black Joan Jett & The Blackhearts band tshirt.

She had pale white skin with light biege freckles sprinkling her nose and cheeks, her blush lipcolor making her lips pout, mascara and eyebrows accentuated with a quick swipe of color. Looking herself over she started to feel the nerves in her gut, like a knot looping into a bigger knot in her stomach as the number above her grows. She kept thinking about her last interview that week, one of many that reminded her just how her decisions will impact for forever.

"So I see your work is impressive. But we have to ask, do you think a pretty face and some talent will be enough to have people, like me, overlooking that felony of yours?" The older gentleman leaned forward on his desk, his scratchy voice seeping with condescension, echoing around her. His droopy unhappy face carrying an unsure scowl that made her feel belittled and judged.

She tilted her stare, nearly shocked at the inappropriate, unnecessary comment. Biting her lip while she contemplated what the sad old hack was worth. 'Sad sack of shit,' she thought to herself. Heeled feet stand from the chair, a cheap wooden seat so uncomfortable it's inconductive. Rude.

"Sir, I'll have you know. It was because of men like you. I hacked for a purpose, for people that needed it."

He scoffed which only sent a Fury through her, "little girl, I'm sure you feel that way. But beauty can only get you so far."

She let out a fake laugh, "you steal and take for no good reason. You, Sir, swindle people of their will to live on any given Tuesday...just for more money to line your..." she looked around his sad office, looking over the edge of his desk at his two photos. No children or partner, not even an animal.

"More money to fill a sad life. Good day sir." She opened the door and smiled at his sweet older secretary with kind brown eyes and long white hair.
Pushing her fiery curly locks behind her shoulder, Poppy smiled back towards the shocked stout middle aged man.

"Why even have me come in? Try not to put people down for no good reason. Maybe life will sprinkle you with something that resembles happiness."

She smiled at the secretary before rushing down the stairs, convinced she would never find work in the city after her unnecessary but entirely deserved outburst.

Ding the elevator opened at floor twenty, snapping her from her thoughts. She smiled up at a dirty blonde man as he walked into the elevator. She noticed he was well dressed in black fitted trousers and a grey Armani button up shirt that was rolled up close to his elbows, exposing the veins on his forearm. She shoved a coiled red hair behind her shoulder and smirked up at the handsome bearded man with ocean blue eyes, only keeping his gaze for a few moments before staring back at her feet.

"Floor 60, seeing the CEO?" He smiled down at the girl kindly, her eyes were mid chest on his tall frame, where she stood in her chunky boots. He couldn't help but be amused by her sweet look and unique style. Seemingly Unapologetic.

She smiled and looked at his hands before she nodded and locked eyes with him.

"Yes, I'm a cyber engineer. Feeling like a damn goldfish in a shark infested ocean suddenly. Hoping I dont make an utter fool of myself," she wiggled her nose knowing she is rambling and bites her lip nervously between her teeth to stop her mouth.

Her newly manicure fingers ball into a nervous fist. "I'm not great at lulls in conversation when I'm nervous. I have to apologize." Her brows pressed together adorably, he smiled and looked down at her fidgeting hands.

Her finger moving up to her chest as her eyes wander his physique. Fingers absent mindedly spin a curl around as his eyes trace her. Leaning his large frame against the wall of the elevator as he watched her nervously ramble.

"I'm not normally such a nervous ball of anxiety, but things just haven't been going my way," she bites her lips to shut herself up realizing he hasnt even said more than a few words.

He beamed as she glanced back up at him nervously biting her lip. He held a hand out, "Steve Rogers, president of Buchanan Barnes Records."

Her cheeks tinted a light pink hue as she placed her dainty hand in his large one, "pleasure to meet you, Sir. Poppy Ember."

He nodded with a warm smile, "I hear an accent, where are you from?"

She smiled shyly as the floors dinged above them, "I was born here in NYC, moved to Essex, England with Mum when I was a babe."

He nodded with a small mischievous grin playing on his lips, "and you're back here now after getting arrested for hacking over there."

Round sea green eyes widen as she stares up at him, anxiously her fingers intertwine infront of her again as her pouted lips open, jaw slack with shock. She searched for words to recover and couldn't.

Ding, kind ocean eyes look down at her as he stepped from the metal cube, "this is our floor, good luck. Don't worry, we wouldnt have had you if we weren't intrigued."

He winked and disappeared behind the black tinted opaque glass ahead. She bit her cheek, letting her nerves flow through her before making them vanish. She took a breath, looking around and locking eyes with the blonde secretary had a tight center part and a cheap cotton button up. The blonde wore a fake smile painted in the wrong shade of red for her skin tone.

Poppy mustered up the best smile she could toward her, "Poppy Ember here for a meeting with Mr. Barnes."

"He will be right out for you," the woman spoke in a flat voice. Small doc marten covered feet tapped lightly across the expensive grey tiled flooring as she looked around at the deep navy, dark grey and black tones throughout the space. It was dark modern and artistically executed. Curious eyes look around the space, admiring the photos of bands lining the wall infront of her.

Steve rushes into his best friend's corner office. "Buck, holy shit. She's here and she's so not what I expected."
Icy blue eyes look at his friend, "I'm going to get her for the interview now."
Steve chuckled, "if she even has half the talent that info said she did. Hire her."
Bucky laughed at his friend. "Duh."

She smiled as she turned on her heel and plopped into the grey and silver chair nearest the door the blonde man from the elevator disappeared behind.

After a few moments picking at her biege nail polish, the opaque black door opens quietly. A man with long raven hair walks out with a smile, his hair is messily pushed back into a bun.

She looked up at him, tattoos covering his hands and neck, with a fitted black long sleeve Henley and dark wash jeans. Poppy stood from her spot quickly, feeling confidence wash over her as soon as his eyes looked her over. His nearly crystal sapphire stare captivating her the moment it caught her.

His entire mind consumed as he saw the alluring, effervescent little doll infront of him, he was entirely enthralled with her fair fiery beauty. She was enchanting, he had never seen anyone like her before. He has no idea just how rare.

"Poppy Ember?" He asked as his eyes traced the small girl sitting in front of him. Her nervous eyes widen when she sees the icy blue stare looking her over, his large tattood hand held out for her.

"Yes, Sir." She stood quickly, taking a step forward and placing her dainty hand in his, "thank you for having me, Mr. Barnes."

He smirked at her soft sweet voice, the soft skin of her hand. Her eyes looking into his, admiring his nose piercing and studying him for a few short moments. He cleared his throat, attempting to ignore the fire she set in the pit of his stomach the moment he saw her and heard her sweet accented voice. "Please, we're excited to have you."

He motioned for her to walk with him through the door, she quickly scurried towards him with a smile playing on her lips. "Your building is impressive, quite beautiful," she looked up at him quickly. He nodded, noticing the way her curious eyes stared around the space as they walked

"Thank you, it's been an intense few years of growth. Think we may have gotten ahead of ourselves a bit. But that's why you're here."

She nodded and looked around as she walked into his office. The grey walls contrasted with silver accents and a dark wooden desk in the center of the corner office. The windows were tinted but stunning lighting in the room making for a calm feeling in the space. She let a breath go she didn't realize she was holding.

"So, Poppy, I see you are capable of some pretty impressive coding...and hacking." His voice was slow and sultry, every word with purpose. She felt his confidence radiating from his tattood skin.

Closing her eyes with nervous realization, she ran her delicate freckled hand through her coiled thick orange locks while he closed the door behind her. She took in a breath and noticed his smile as he walked past her to lean on his desk.

She smiled and nervously nodded, "code is my preferred language. Predictable, readable, precise." She looked at her lap, too nervous to meet his captivating icy stare. "Unlike people," she muttered.

He bit his lip, drinking her in, feeling fascinated by the mysterious woman before him. She's so sure of herself, yet so lost. His pink lips feather to a smile, "impressive. You've had a hand in pissing off many billionaires, I can't help but feel curious about you."

Her thin index finger twirls the stubborn curl that fell in her face, nerves flooded her rational mind as his eyes observed her entirely. She felt warmer as the moments of his staring ticked to minutes, yet she swears she felt a chill up her spine at the way he said you.

Poppy nodded, "yeah, well code tends to be easier than people. That, and," she locked eyes with him for the first time since walking in and his stare felt intoxicating. She bit her lip and looked back down at her hands, he cleared his throat, "and what?"

Her brows apprehensively lace together, "I have a history with dabbling in the art of dancing on the line of ethics. I'm truthfully not sorry because of who I hacked."

She bit her cheek, silently scolding herself for sucking at secrets and silence. She softly facepalmed on her forehead, running her hair behind her shoulders. Her eyes screwed shut and he can't stop the grin across his face at the adorable nonverbal communication of his new employee.

The moment she walked into the intimidating building, she was aware she would flub it up, that become a certainty as soon as she saw how stunning he was.

"I'm so sorry for wasting your time, Mr. Barnes." She pushed her hair from her eyes as she stood and turned on her heel.

He stood and stepped closer to her, "I want to hear more," his words were low and almost demanding. She didn't know why, but was ready to do as he said.

She smiled up at him, walking towards the seat, sitting back down as she adjusted her dress. Poppy felt his gaze warming her and she leaned on the arm of the chair avoiding eye contact as long as she could.

"So you hacked who, what made you decide it was worth the risk?" He stood infront of his desk, leaning back against it with his legs crossed.

"I read that it wasn't a selfish act and that's why you didn't serve long."

She dared lock eyes with him, his eyes immediately engulfed in her seas of green. She smirked and nodded, "not selfish. No."

She glanced at his broad frame, when she let her eyes explore his body for a moment, she pressed her legs together, feeling sex pool with warmth at the sight of him as he leaned on the desk ahead of her. He smirked down with a softened stare and rolled up his sleeves, showing off his tattoo covered forearms. She was nearly impossible for him to read, which was difficult for a man like James Barnes. She felt intrigued enough to stare, but didn't trust herself to try again.

"For one, misogynist companies being unacceptable towards woman. I'm simply too impatient for Karma."

She nodded and looked up at him quickly, realizing how captivating and inviting his gaze was. The upturn at the corner of his lips made it apparent he was interested enough for her to continue.

She looked back at her lap, "I also helped two local shelters by taking money from a corporation owned by a man that got away with a hit and run against a homeless mother and son. Lifelong injuries, paid for with interest...by the man that did it...with a push of a few buttons by me."
He leaned his head back and grinned to himself as she stared at her lap, "you're bold."

She shook her head, "I don't like bullies and now, here I am in a new country...and no one will hire the girl that hacked the men that robs people of basic rights daily. I served my time, but now I can't find work."

She nervously ran her hands through her spirals. Feeling the heavy silence she couldn't stop herself through the nerves. "I just want to do what I'm great at, I can't take one more day working for people that love to make my life hell."

He took in a deep breathe, unable to tear his gaze from the stunning redhead that sat before him, looking like a project he needed in his monotonous routine. He didn't know why, but she had to be his anything.

"That doesn't sound like an easy place to be," he agreed with a small smile.
"Okay, deciding question, three favorite songs of all time?" He smirked as he walked around his ebony desk and sat back in his black leather chair. Gold and silver records line the wall behind him, she smiled and closes her eyes for a moment.

"Def Leppard- pour some sugar on me, it's that one song I will always dance to. Joan Jett and The Blackhearts- Bad Reputation, I love powerful woman, especially when they broke a mold of their time," she side eyes James to gauge his reaction, when she noticed the smirk she nodded.

"And The Beatles-I wunna hold your hand, because my Mum loved the beatles and that song tugs at my heart," she beamed as he stared with a mouth ajar, finding himself lost in a girl he just met.

"Interesting selections," he sat back in his chair quickly. She shrugged as she kept her eyes locked on his intense stare for a moment.

"Now, hack into my system." His smile narrowed mischievously as she shook her head with brows laced together. While her mind raced with anxiety, there was a knock on the door, "come on in Steve."

Bucky tilted his smile towards her.
"Hack into my system, I'll time you."
Steve sat in the chair next to the tiny redhead with big hair, he smiled and nodded towards her.

She twirled a coil of orange, "are you sure you want me to hack it, Sir?"

Steve chuckled and leaned closer to her, "you better just humor him. He won't stop asking until he sees for himself."

She looked from the icy blue eyes behind the desk and over to the ocean eyes that stared excitedly next to her.

Steve nodded with a deep chuckle, "show us what you got, little hacker."
She rolled her eyes, smirking with a chuckle, "okay, if you're sure."

She shoved her messy coils behind her shoulder, muttering under her breath, "inviting a hacker to hack in your business...totally rational."

They chuckled as she yanked out her white alienware laptop, locking eyes with the raven haired man across from her. "Time me?" She spoke sweetly as she narrowed her eyes and giggled. He whispered, "go."

Both men rolled their sleeves as they watched her click away on her keyboard. James biting his cheek, feeling aroused as he watched her face stare focused ahead of him. She bit her lip as her dark blonde eyebrows pinched together. Steve stared at her with a half smile before realizing how his best friend gawked at her, he knew his boss and bestfriend already set sights on the intriguing girl hacking them.

She giggled, "you guys need serious help here, Barnes...aaaand, done."

She clicked enter confidently, there on her screen was their entire network within her cyber reach right in her laptop.

A pleased grin on her pouted blush painted lips. She set it down and faced it towards him, "less than three minutes, right?"

She smiled and she leaned her elbow on the desk as he stared from the laptop up at her.
"Impressive, can you start today?"

Her mouth fell open with a small airy gasp. She looked between their wide grins, noticing how stunning their white smiles were and couldn't fight the wide grin the feathered her lips, "fuck yes."

Both men narrowed their stares, Steve leaning over, "language."
She covered her mouth with her dainty hand and a small laugh, "I'm so sorry, used to working alone."

Steve stood up and put a hand out, "pleasure to meet you. Looking forward to seeing how this goes." He chuckled and shook his head, "lunch on me Barnes. Poppy you're welcome to come if you'd like." She beamed at him and nodded.

Steve walked through the door with a smile at her, and Bucky stared back at the curly head infront of him. He was filled with intrigue, she was like chaos and serenity rolled into one.

She smiled at him, "so, you're crazy enough to hire the lady that hacked your network."

He nodded, "yeah, a little crazy can be fun. You'll be recreating the network anyways. Now, lets get you legally hired so you can get to work."

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391K 12.5K 80
A Modern Bucky Barnes x OC Story **SMUTS** TW - Lots of BDSM. Sexual content. Sex Work. Death. Violence. You worked for Mr Barnes as his secretary...
33.7K 316 3
a collection of marvel character one-shots. fem!!reader!! warnings mature themes language some violent themes
9.3K 370 29
๐˜ผ๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™’๐™–๐™ก๐™ ๐™š๐™ง, ๐™ค๐™—๐™ก๐™ž๐™œ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™—๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง'๐™จ ๐˜พ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐˜ผ๐™ข๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™˜๐™– ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™, ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™œ๐™œ๐™ก๐™š๐™จ ๐™จ๐™š๐™˜๐™ง๐™š๐™ฉ๐™จ...
41.3K 714 20
[ส™แดœแด„แด‹ส ส™แด€ส€ษดแด‡๊œฑ x แดแด„] แด‡สŸษชแดขแด€ ษขแด€แด›แด‡๊œฑ แดกแด€๊œฑ แด›แด€แด‹แด‡ษด แด€ษดแด… แด‡xแด˜แด‡ส€ษชแดแด‡ษดแด›แด‡แด… แดษด ส™ส สœสแด…ส€แด€ สแด‡แด€ส€๊œฑ แด€ษขแด. ๊œฑสœแด‡ แดกแด€๊œฑ ษขษชแด แด‡ษด แด›สœแด‡ ๊œฑแดœแด˜แด‡ส€ ๊œฑแดสŸแด…ษชแด‡ส€ ๊œฑแด‡ส€แดœแด, แด€ษดแด… แดกแด€๊œฑ แดษดแด‡ แด๊œฐ แด›สœแด‡ ๊œฐแด‡แดก แด›สœแด€แด›...