𝗗𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗗

By thinkaboutmina

ON GOING two sides rival against each other, but things get complicated when something gets in between them... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8 ft dvt
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38

1

10.7K 222 32
By thinkaboutmina

.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

“SCATTER!”

Someone yelled, barreling through my thoughts. I perked up and turned to see a mob of people scattering. I shoved the last of my sandwich into my mouth and jumped off the bench, landing on my skateboard. Those thugs were at it again, I should've known it was that time of the day.

I rode off, out of the park and towards the main streets. The park was dangerous, thugs everywhere, needles on the ground, white powder on the playground, barbed wire taped on the slide....Real kid friendly.

The main city was almost worst. The alleyways normally catered to bad guys, waiting to snatch someone from the sidewalk. That's why I rise a skateboard, so no one can snatch me quickly. At least, I can make them run for a litte.

Being 19, I was a target for most. Rapists, murderers, and the insane targeted girls like me. It sickened me, but I couldn't do anything about it.

Such was life.

Another thing that was interesting: quirks. Most had them, and good luck if you didn't. Unless you were really high up of the food chain, if your quick made you look different from the normal human then you were treated differently. Treated like an animal and basically stripped of all your human rights.

No one accepted mutants.

Most parents would abandon their children with different appearance, just so they would be targets. Pathetic.

I was one of the.

My quirk? Bat. Silly I know, but it did have its perks. I had large F/C bat ears that could help me detect sound from a mile or two away. I could also close mu eyes and use echolocation, great for the dark. I always wore a hoodie, hiding my mutation.

It really bothered me, but, such was life.

I rode down the street and stopped at an old apartment building. It was broken down and the paint was peeling. I picked up my skateboard and walked in. I dashed up the stairs and speed walked to the room I was looking for. I gave a sigh as i unlocked the door with my key and waltzed in.

"Home." I called out. I dropped my skateboard near the entrance and walked to the kitchen. In retrospect, this apartment looked far better than the others, but that's only because I was somewhat of a neat freak. I glance in the kitchen and saw a fluffy head of deep purple hair leaning on the kitchen counter. He looked up from his phone, his stormy grey eyes making contact with my green ones.

"Hey bat bitch, how's it going?" he gave a grin as he read through a newspaper, firmly grasped in his hands.

I gave a heave sigh. "It's going good. Didn't get rape, so there's a plus." I strolled over to the fridge and took out a cupcake. I turned and looked over my best friend's shoulder. He was reading some news article about something.

Introducing my dumbass best friend, Kim Taehyung or also known as V. He had deep purple hair with stormy grey eyes and light skin. His quirk, um, quirks, were actually really powerful and useful. His main quirk is Phase walk. He could turn invisible and walk around undetected for a short period of time, maybe a minute or three? The only sign of him using his quirk, was the fact that he left behind a clone. Thag clone was untouchable and would disappear once his phase walk period was over. He would be tired afterwards though.

His second quirk was called Shadow Whip. He can create a huge shadow whip from his arms and slash apart foes. His arms would be sore after awhile and caked in black powder.

It's like, his parents got together just to make the biggest emo in the universe.

"These gang wars are still going on. When will they learn that you simple can't have a teamwork when one side of the team is going to snort all the drugs." he tutted as he folded the newspaper in half and threw it on the coffee table. He wore a purple vest over a black and white flannel with black and jeans and red sneakers.

He quickly pulled my hoodie of my head, making my bat ears spring up. I rubbed my ears as they uncurled themselves. My f/c ears were soft and had tuffs of my brown hair sticking out. I gave a sigh.

"Thanks. It's always so uncomfortable." I gave a huff as I smoothed out my hair while V flicked my ears repeatedly. I grew irritated as he continuously flicked my ears.

"Anytime. You know how I love to annoy you~" he gave a cheeky grin. I huffed as I walked away and turned on the T.V. I slumped on the couch. The news was ecstatic with new drug lords taking over parts of town and multiple murders occuring. I frowned at the screen.

So much blood over nothing. What's even the point.

I felt a weight drop itself on my lap. I looked down to see V spread out on the couch and me, focused on the T.V. I shifted and got into a more comfortable position, knowing he wouldn't be leaving anytime soon.

"The world's completely gone to hell. Y'know, I really wish we could do something about it. Like start a revolution or some shit." he muttered, his lips also tugged into a frown. I gave a sigh as I tussled his fluffy purple locks.

"Me too. But you know, being a hero is basically against the law." i replied sourly. He threw his arms up with a long groan.

"Its fucking sucks being scared and useless! I want things to go back to the way they were." he pouted as he folded his arms over his chest. I frown, remembering the exact day he was talking about.

-ˏ͛

The school day was ordinary: boring and long. The soft scribbles of pencil on paper was the only thing that helped me to keep my sanity. The bell for home time was due soon, just a mere ten minutes. I flinched as a loud earthquake rung out, making the ground tremble. I struggled it off and continued my work determined to write these last few lines down before the end of class.

That's when it happen.

The world outside the glass went up in explosions. We all stayed still and watched out the window in horror as a skyscraper collapsed. Then another, and another. Some of the girls started to cry as loud banging on our door was heard. I stood up and walked to the door, ignoring the shouts of my classmates telling me to get under my desk.

Someone had to grow a pair, and this substitute teacher sure as hell wasn't going to.

My ears flicked up as I used my echolocation. The figure stood outside the door at an outstanding height, completely making me look like an ant. There was one feature about it though, one feature that I would never forget.

Bullets riddled the door as I dove across the room and out of the line of fire. The teacher hadn't been so lucky as she stood behind me. So when i fell to the ground, so did she. Every one screamed as the door was kicked open, revealing the giant man. A few of the boys tried to defeat him using their quirks, but it was no use.

You should never bring fists to a gun fight.

I turned to my side to see V sleeping on the desk. I gaped for a moment at his sleeping figure. He could literally sleep through the end of the world. I suddenly heard a muffled yell through the gun fire. I turned back to see the large villain brought to his knees by a pure black appendage wrapped around his neck. The gun scattered across the floor as the villain fell down, giving a kiss to the floor.

All the students dashed out the doorway, clinging to the will to escape this hell. I stood frozen as I heard more gunfire. I felt a hand grasp my shoulder. I look back go see V with a determined look. I tightened my fists by my side.

We needed to survive.

-ˏ͛

I gave another sigh as I leaned my head back, sinking into the couch pillow. I felt like crying, but i couldn't. I was never one to cry, and I needed to be strong. Crying would never get me anywhere. I needed to stay strong, for the both of us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 784 13
They're a one peculiar group but these peculiars are set to save the world from danger. [Twice x Female Reader]
4.3K 351 7
A TWICE FANFIC. The existence of these unknown creatures slowly appears, and that's when you decide to know better. With a forming group, of course. ...
13.7K 385 22
Sapphic imagines for each twice member! Slow updates because this is just a lil hobby of mine. Each member will have their own individual book when I...