His Bride

By Nayakhicoshi

Thieves in Law Series ††† Everiss desperately crashed her ex-boyfriend's wed... More

Disclaimer
Prologue 1
Prologue 2
1| Version 2.0
2| Toothpaste Model
3| A day in a Vet
4| Bride candidate
5| Mufasa
6| Night Visit
7| Orchids
8| Numb
9| Missing Person
10| Make it Worse
11| Jorville Mansion
12| Russians
13| Whine
14| Desparate Criminal
15| Desperate Criminal II
16| Katarina
17| Hood
18| Silence
19| Meatballs
21|Cuffs
22| Bodyguards

20| Engagement

971 50 3
By Nayakhicoshi

CHAPTER TWENTY

"You have to keep your head held high. Show no fear or else everyone would see you as an unfit wife for a Vor."

"My neck hurts."

"The neck brace was ready after this event, Mrs. Rozanov. Just hang in for a moment — breathe deeper."

"I-I can't!"

Halos malagutan na ako nang hininga kaka-breathe deeper. Katrina pulled the string corset from behind me, and I lurched forward as she yanked the strings tighter and tighter, compressing my ribs and breasts.

"Oh, God!" I gasped as I felt the corset securely fastened and wrapped around me.

"Done! Now's the dress!" Tumatalbog si Katarina na nagtungo sa kama at maingat na kinuha ang nakalatag na dress.

Huminga ako ng malalim at pinagmamasdan ang sarili sa harapan ng salamin, ngumiwi nang makita na ipit na ipit at litaw na litaw ang mga buns ko. The corset transformed me into a woman though, and I was certain I was going to pass out later.

"Why do I need to wear a corset by the way?" Humarap ako kay Katarina.

Lumapit siya sa akin at maingat na sinuot ang kulay ginto na gown na pinili ni Kazmus. Kailangan pa niyang tumuntong sa bangkito para maabot ako. Hanggang sa ilong ko lang ang taas niya.

"For proper posture, Mrs. Rozanov. You're soon to marry a high-ranking Bratva, who was also a powerful one, and his strength and wealth should be seen by his bride. Every woman will attempt to take Lord Kazmus from you, and you must show the power to make them back off."

"I don't think I can do this." My throat tightened as if the corset was set around my neck.

"You can't back out now, Mrs. Rozanov. Well, if you insist, then I'm afraid I have to bury you myself because the Bratva would kill you. And I haven't buried anyone before, but I dug a grave for myself when my former mistress warned me she'd kill me one day; I think the burial was still in Eritrea."

Napanganga ako, natulala at namutla. Tears stung my eyes as dread punched me deep in my core. Katarina was oblivious to this as she went on about burying me in Eritrea herself. Her voice was encouraging and innocent, but the substance of her words brought me nightmares.

"Are you still going to back out, Mrs. Rozanov?" She batted her eyelashes at me, so innocently.

Umiling ako. Mabilis. Marami.

Nakahinga siya ng maluwag, hindi ko alam kung dahil hindi niya ako ililibing o dahil hindi ako uurong.

"Lord Kazmus made a good choice in choosing the dress for you. Done!"

Muli akong humarap sa salamin, ang mga kamay ay maingat na plinantiya ang gintong skirt. The beaded sweetheart bodice dress has a fairy ombre of gold and shiny glitter with a puffy draping skirt. The skirt flutters and catches everyone's attention as it follows my every move.

Tama si Katarina, Kazmus made a good choice choosing it for me.

Katarina soon tied the headpiece around my forehead. The headpiece was beaded, with several jewels to highlight the champagne ostrich feather that glimmers under the lights. It complimented my finger wave hairstyle and the dark glitter eyeshadow that tease when I blink my eyes.

"You're so magnificent, Mrs. Rozanov," agaw ni Katarina sa atensyon ko. "This is going to be the epic engagement party of all time."

Ngumiti ako sakanya mula sa salamin sa harapan ko, pero agad nagsulubong ang mga kilay ko nang mapansin na namamasa ang mga mata niya.

"Okay ka lang?"

Suminghot siya at dinampihan ng panyo ang mga luha niya. "I'm alright. These are tears of happiness. I'm just happy you're my mistress, Mrs. Rozanov. This young lady was blessed to be by your side." Bahagya itong yumukod upang magpakita ng galang at itago ang pagragasa ng emosyon niya.

"Katarina." Without her, I'd probably be lonely. Katarina was a ball of sunshine amongst this darkness. She guided me through everything and sometimes took the responsibility of scolding me like Nana. I was grateful to meet her.

A knock interrupted us. I glanced at the door when it swung open, revealing a nicely dressed Kazmus in a black three-piece tuxedo and wingtip collar with a bow. His cufflinks matched the color of my dress. Gold and luxury. And his hair was brushed down, with his bangs partially covering his eyes, allowing everyone to see his golds while yet concealing them to pique curiosity.

Our eyes met. Lingered. Lost by each other.

"You looked like the first sunray in the morning."

"The annoying light that disturbs you at sleep?"

He chuckled. Hindi ko namalayan na nasa harapan ko na ito at maingat na kinuha ang isang kamay ko.

"The first light that reminds me to keep living," he answered, staring deep into my eyes.

I gasped when he slipped a ring on my finger. I stared at him with wide eyes as I examined the ring which had two small pears meeting in the middle. Kazmus brought my hand to his lips, kissing the ring. His softness was lingering on my skin.

"It's an engagement ring. I want everyone to see that you belong to me."

I grinned, shaking my head.

"It's beautiful."

"I'm glad you liked it. Are you ready?"

"No, she isn't yet, Lord Kazmus," Katarina chimed in, pulling me away from Kazmus and bringing me back in front of the full-length mirror. "We need five minutes to gather her confidence."

Nakangiwi akong nagkibit-balikat kay Kazmus. He pursed his lips, his eyes lingering on my face.

"Alright. I'll see you at the entrance."

Tumango ako. Nagtagal muna ang tingin niya sa akin bago siya umatras ng isang beses bago tuluyang tumalikod at lumabas ng kwarto. I let out a breath when the door closed behind him.

"Katarina, I think I'm going to faint."

Umangat ang tingin ni Katarina na siyang binu-brush ng kung anong brush ang skirt ko.

"I know, Mrs. Rozanov. Lord Kazmus knew his way to a woman's heart. So keep him and keep the other women away from your future husband."

Hindi niya ako kailangang paalalahanan dahil nakahanda akong sumabak sa gyera ng mga Amazona para kay Kazmus.

→→→

Kazmus men were stationed in every corner of the house, dressed in black tuxedos and armed behind their coats, alert and stoic. Their eyes mauled everyone who came into their view as if their eyes were an x-ray and they could see what was hidden inside the confines of the people's clothing. 

Sinalubong ako ni Kazmus sa balcony kung saan sabay kaming bababa sa engrandeng hagdanan at magpapakita sa daang-daang bisita ngayong gabi. I could hear the women's giggles, the men's boisterous laughter, and the clicking of wine glasses from the second floor where I was. The best orchestra hired for tonight was playing the soft, melodious song.

Dumungaw ako mula sa balcony. The grand ballroom is gilded to perfection. I could see everything in its most luxurious and glamorous details from above. Elements of gold, feathers, fringe, and sequins. The onyx eight-pointed star floor design mirrored the crystal chandeliers that hung overhead. The incredible feathered centerpieces, candle floating martini glasses, overflowing champagne towers, and absinthe bar were the highlights.

Shimmied across the floor are men in their three-piece suits, canes, hats, and accessories, and women are wrapped in luxuries, from their flapper dresses, headbands, furs, and jewelry. Wealth and power radiate from them, screaming danger when you fool them. These people are not ordinary citizens. The Bratva and Mafioso joined together, tossing cocktail glasses like long-lost brothers.

"Don't look at them," sabi ni Kazmus at maingat akong hinila mula sa pagkakadungaw at kinuha ang atensyon ko.

"I'm scared," I admit, biting my lower lip.

Kazmus gently drew me towards him and placed his hand on my cheek, his thumb pulling my bottom lip away from my upper teeth. Inangat niya ang malamlam na tingin sa akin, nangangako ang mga ito. His thumb clung to my bottom lip, gently caressing it and feeling the rim on his pad.

"I know. Just hold onto me and remember everything I've said. Everything will be fine."

Tumango ako at humugot ng malalim na hininga para ikalma ang sarili. Kazmus signaled to his men to be ready as well. The party would begin the moment the spotlight was centered on us.

Be confident, I chant to myself. It's one of the things Kazmus told me during my two days of introduction slash training to be Bratva's wife. Kazmus, Dashiel, and Katarina had taught me enough not to be intimidated by the people I might meet tonight.

Kazmus offered his arm and I wrapped mine around him, not only because it was necessary, but also because I needed his support at the moment.

"I only asked to pack cocaine. Hindi ko aakalain na magtatawag ka na ng engagement organizer at ilang oras lang kalat na sa buong Arrow City ang engagement natin. And two days from that, here I am, standing anxiously to be introduced to the underground world as your bride."

Kazmus grinned, flashing me an 'I know right' look as the night's host introduced us over the microphone.

"That's how it works, Everiss. Cocaine is very intimate in our world and the moment you asked that question to me, you already agreed to be bound to me," he explained as the people roared and applauded.

I know.

"Lord Kazmus Rozanov a Vory v Zakone of Zolotoykol'tskaya Bratva with his bride, Everiss Valentine of Crestfallen Valley!"

My future was sealed the moment the spotlight centered on us, momentarily blinding me. I blinked my eyes, my ears were pounding from the overwhelming clasps and cheers, as well as the mixture of my heartbeats.

Naramdaman ko ang pagsulyap sa akin ni Kazmus bago ako mahinang hinila pababa sa gold carpeted na hagdanan. Arms around each other, Kazmus remained emotionless as I flashed my mastered smile. Nakita ko kasi mula sa gilid si Katarina na sinesenyasan akong ibinat ang mga labi. She clapped with the guests, smiling brightly. She was only an angel amongst these devils.

Pagkababa sa hagdanan ay sinalubong kami ng mga bisita na tila mga Santo kami at nanghihingi sila ng basbas; nakipag-kamayan, naki-beso at naki-pagkilala. Kazmus was in all of the games, but every now and then I'd catch him clenching his jaw and gently pressing my hand to express his displeasure with the crowd. If there was one thing I learned from this handsome Vor, it was that he detested socializing. Very much. I watched him complaining yesterday when Dashiel announced that we would have 300 visitors tonight.

Kazmus remain Kazmus, while I need to pretend I enjoy meeting people.

For the sake of the family name to which I now belong.

Many high-ranking Italian Mafia, Russian Bratva, Dons, and Captains with their wives were introduced to me. Ang ilang mga walang asawa ay walanghiya kung pasadaan ako ng tingin mula ulo hanggang paa. This doesn't go unnoticed by Kazmus kaya sa bawat oras na magdaan ay pahigpit nang pahigpit ang hawak niya sa akin. I winced, attempting to untangle his arm, which was now wrapped around my waist.

"Kaz..."

Sumulyap siya sa akin. Nang makita ang nakangiwi kong mukha ay naintindihan niya kaagad ang gusto kong ipahiwatig. Dahan-dahan niyang niluwagan ang hawak sa akin pero hindi niya ako binitawan.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He leaned in to whisper, but in everyone's eyes, Kazmus kissed the side of my head.

I heard cooing from the people near us.

Tumango ako at ngumiti sakanya. Nangangawit na ang mga labi ko sa kakangiti at pakiramdam ko na-stuck na sila sa ganoon. Kazmus chuckled, realizing my smiles are not in good shape anymore.

"Just a little more," he promised, this time kissing my temple.

May tumikhim kaya sabay kaming lumingon sa pinanggalingan nito. A short and round man, dressed in a red tweed three-piece suit with a cap. A tall and slender woman in a red glittering gown with matching furs around her shoulder was wrapped in his arm. She is wearing an ostrich feather headband with a red tint in the tips, which flutters when she moves. 

"Lord Rozanov," the man said, his Russian accent thick.

The flapper by his side smirked and palmed her partner's chest, flashing the massive diamond ring on her finger that glistened beneath the chandeliers.

"Imre Ivankov," Kazmus acknowledged, gently stirring me to face them.

They exchanged a man's handshake, in which they gripped each other's forearms. Nakita ko kaagad ang eight-pointed star tattoo ni Imre Ivankov sa likod ng palapulsuhan sa kamay. It's peeking from the cufflinks of his shirt, enough to identify who he is.

"And this is the bride," he said, his wicked eyes daring me, a knowing grin curling up on the corner of his mouth as his gaze traveled to my exposed cleavage. "Kakaya schastlivaya pizda." What a lucky cúnt.

Humigpit ang kapit ni Kazmus sa bewang ko. Nag-aalala ko itong sinulyapan at napansin ang pagtatagis ng bagang niya.

"I heard she was impaled when they met her, sitting on a wheelchair because she can hardly move," the woman said, batting her eyelashes at Kazmus before giving me a smirk. "It piqued my interest in how Lord Kazmus fucked. Does he do it rough? "

Pahigpit nang pahigpit muli ang hawak ni Kazmus na tila babaliin na rin ako kapag hindi siya kumalma. What made them think I was fucked? I was harmed by the Mafioso who kidnapped Candice!

I didn't let this outburst known. I cleared my throat, clasping my hands in front of me, masking a calm indifference.

I felt the stares of everyone who had heard of the question. Women, whether single, married, or men, were all eager to hear the answer.

"I'm embarrassed the Hood had to see me in that condition; it was an unannounced visit, and," Pinatong ko ang kamay na may singsing sa malapad na dibdib ni Kazmus. Hindi nakaligtas sa paningin ko ang pagsunod ng tingin ng babae sa daliri ko na may suot na mas matingkad pa sa araw. Kazmus stiffen as his heartbeat pounded against his chest as if wanting to meet my touch. I smile, batting my eyelashes at him.

"Even if I knew they were coming, I wouldn't stop my Lord; after all, a healthy man with the appetite of a bull starved for months shouldn't be denied food when you have it." Kazmus dark hooded eyes stared down at me. My gaze was drawn to his slightly parted lips as images of him kissing me flashed through my mind. "A woman cannot be impaled if her lover is as futile as a dog; fortunately for me, my Lord is not a dog."

Kazmus' jaw twitched, and his grip on my waist tightened. He seemed to be about to drag me out of here, slam me into his bed, and devour me like a rabid dog in heat.

Women were giggling all around us. Ang mga may asawa ay matalim na tinignan ang mga partner kaya natahimik sila pero matapang pa rin na pinasadaan ng nagnanasang tingin si Kazmus. Curiosity was written all over their faces.

Imre Ivankov's partner's eyes became irritated, envious, and lustful. She rolled her tongue over her lips and gave me a firm smile.

"You're very lucky," she said, shamelessly displaying her lust for my groom. "I'm sure he's big, isn't he?"

Imre growled and glared at her for her audacity. Nagtatagis ang bagang ng Russian pero tila hindi takot dito ang kasama.

I gritted my teeth, feeling the irritation rousing within me. I was tempted to give this woman a taste of hell. Composing myself, I smiled sweetly at her.

"Maybe you just have to be me to see that."

The flapper, whose name I don't have any interest in knowing anymore, ground her teeth, but she still managed to give me a forced smile.

"Excuse us, Lord Rozanov," Imre grumbled. The smile on the flapper's face vanished and was replaced by a pained expression as Imre grabbed her arm and dragged her out of our sight.

"Kaz."

"Come on. She deserves it."

Kazmus stirred me around. We smiled at everyone who congratulated us on our upcoming marriage. While the men were still angry about their partners' shameless lust for my groom, they still gave us nods and words.

"A bull's appetite, huh?" Bumaba ang tingin sa akin ni Kazmus nang matapos naming pakisamahan ang grupo ng mga Italians.

"Dapat ba sa aso nalang kita kinumpara?"

Kazmus clenched his teeth, and when no one was paying attention to us, snaked his arms around my waist and pressed me hard against him. My breasts were pushed together, making them well noticeable. His darkened eyes feast over my exposed cleavage, a deep breath he inhales.

"Don't ever tease me, moya solnishka. This Lord is very hungry. Don't provoke me." My little sun.

The grin on my lips stretches even wider. Maybe it was the cocktail that I'd had that was taking control of me now. I don't care.

"Am I starving you, Lord Kazmus?" I purred, batting my eyelashes at him. Napansin ko kanina ang paghugot niya ng hininga kapag ginagawa ko iyon.

His eyes became even darker. He lowered his head and hovered above my face until our lips were inches apart. I could smell the mint in his breath, which went well with the spirits he had consumed. And his overpowering agarwood and vanilla scent, which has something to do with my tipsy mind.

He opened his mouth to speak, but he was cut off by a loud commotion. People drew back, forming a circle in the center.

Lumuwag ang hawak ni Kazmus sa akin at sabay kaming lumapit sa pinagkakaguluhan. Ang mga tauhan ni Kazmus ay alerto pero mukhang walang balak makialam.

The crowd parted for us, like what Moses did to the sea. Suminghap ako nang makita ang isang lalaki, sakal-sakal ang isang waitress at walang ano-anong tinapon sa sahig ang babae. Men and women snickered at the woman, who trembled in fear as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Never touch me again, whore! Go to hell where you can fuck Satan!" The man spat in Russian.

I moved to help the woman, but Kazmus stopped me by holding my hand. Umiling siya sa akin bago bumaling sa lalaki.

"Sergei."

The man turned to Kazmus, and the scowl on his face faded to reveal a bright smile. He thrust his arms into the air and zoomed in on us, completely ignoring the woman as if he had never touched her violently. He was dressed in a three-piece grey suit. The sides of his dark hair were pushed back, and the eight-pointed star tattoo peeked out from under his shirt collar. A Vor. And I could tell he was Satan's best friend by the dangerous and hateful glint in his eyes.

Katarina emerged from the crowd and collected the crying woman with the help of Dashiel, who nodded at me with tight lips.

"My, my brother! Look at you!" Sergei sang, a sly grin on his handsome face.

Ang mga tao ay nagtuloy na sa kanya-kanya nilang kasiyahan na tila walang nangyari.

Kazmus clenched his teeth, "Stop making a scene at my party."

"I can't help myself; women are bitches, whores, and downright disgusting."

"So were men like you," I snarled, flaring my nose at him. "And perhaps you are the worst of them all."

Kazmus gave me a warning tone and said, "Everiss." I chose to ignore him. I can't just stand beside him like a fucking puppet while his brother insults women as if he was never carried in a womb by a woman.

I knew I hated him the moment my gaze fell on him.

Sergei blinked at me as if he'd just realized I existed. Hindi nito tinago ang nakakauyam na tingin nang pasadaan ako mula ulo hanggang paa. A thing that I get to use.

"And who is this bitch?" The corner of his mouth curled up in disgust.

Kazmus growled, "Watch your language, Sergei. She's my bride."

"Bride, I heard you had found a cunt to fuck and burn after you use her, so I came here," Sergei sneered. "I was wondering if I could trade her ass for a coin—if you've already fucked her asshole—"

Mabilis ang mga pangyayari. Sergei was only speaking when he was thrown to the ground, flat on his stomach, as Kazmus kneeled behind his neck, a knife pointing to Sergei's stuck tongue.

My ears were filled with a series of gasps. The music had come to a halt as if to acknowledge the tension in the room.

"I said, watch your language when speaking to my bride. Brother or not, I wouldn't hesitate to castrate your mouth and burn your body next and add it to my pile of dirt." Kazmus' nose flared, his chin raised as he bared his teeth to his brother.

Palakpak galing sa isang tao ang pumutol sa tensyon.

Hinanap ito kaagad ng mga mata ko, hindi na ako nahirapan nang makita ang isang lalaking matangkad at halos wala nang makita na balat dahil sa mga tattoo na bumalot dito. His handsome face was inked in rune symbols, his left eye was blank — no, the cornea of his eye was coated with greyish white color — glassy and opaque. No pupil.

But it wasn't his eyes that sent a shiver down my spine.

It was the leash he was holding, which was attached to a black collar wrapped around a woman's neck. The man tugged on the leash, making the woman flinch.

Slave.

"Lord Lazàr."

Another Vor.

I have a feeling my night is just getting started.

***
Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 85.5K 84
Highest Rank #1 in Adventure Alam ni Charm kung gaano kadelikado ang mahika. Kaya naman nang mapilitan syang magtransfer sa isang magic school sa isa...
709K 25.9K 70
EDITED "Usually, people think that I'm a strong person. But behind my strong aura they just don't know how much im in pain and almost damn broken."...
90.4K 5.6K 64
Akala ko noong una,puro emahinasyon lang o gawa gawa ng tao pag naririnig ko iyong mga kwentong bayan,.. Minsan iniisip ko ,nako panakot lang y...
14.3K 2.4K 60
Isang retiradong sundalo na nais mag bago, Gamit ang larong babago sa buhay na kanyang nakasanayan. (Chapter 1-4 Training) (Chapter 5-28 Member Story...