Love Arrows

By Internationald4

When I tell you that Cupid's exist you probably imagine little babies with wings that shoot arrows at people... More

Sand Monsters
Carelly High
Matchmakers explained
The Love Guru's Theory
Locker stalker
Like Fire and Ice
Aliens in Antartica
Date Haze
Frankenstein's Bride
Chocolate Therapy
Sour Gummy Worms
Victim NΒ°1
First Strike
Banana Sushi
Sleep Deprived Heartbreaker Contemplations
If Today Was Your Last Day
The Plot Thickens
Lena's Voice
Going Crazy
Make A Wish
The Ice Breaks
Sleepless Nights
Another Species
Meet Kim
Quadruple Date
Easter Bunny
Failed Revenge
Women or Men?
Drowning in Your Love
Broken Arrow
Love Kills
Giving up
Being Numb or Feeling Pain?
A new level of bipolarity
Saving the Lost
Emotional Overload
You'll be the princess and I'll be the prince
Back Again
A Cupid Ending

Closed Heart

37.1K 550 111
By Internationald4

            Chapter 4 : Closed Heart

Even before the person entered the room I could feel power emanating from the door's direction. The Biology teacher just shouted,

« ENTER! » and turned her attention back to the black board, where she was drawing worm like figures.

A woman in her early thirties came in. She had long red hair that arrived until her waist, and which contrasted well with her milky white skin. She was what most people would call beautiful, although I always thought beauty was objective.

It seemed as if the whole class was frozen at the sight of the woman, except the teacher who was still busy explaining something about heat shocks.

Every student in the class was waiting for her to say something, and when she did finally open her natural red colored mouth a gentle melodic voice said,

« Hello. Is Will Daron in this class? »

Although she asked it as a question, you could hear in her voice that she knew the answer and I felt deep down that she knew I was Will.

The Biology teacher finally chose that moment to turn around. 

« Will? Yes, I think we have Will here. »

She looked around for a while trying to remember which of her students was called Will, but after a few desperate glances around the room she just decided to find me the easy way.

 « Will Daron? Could you stand up please? »

I stood up dreading what was coming next, but all the red haired woman said was;

« Do you mind if I steal him for a while? It's for an important reason. » 

The Biology teacher couldn't really say no, so instead she nodded her head and turned back to the board.

I had no other choice then to stand up and go out to the hallway with the woman.

The moment I stepped out of the classroom, the woman started walking through the hallway. I figured that I had to follow her so I walked behind her while million scenes passed through my head. I wanted her to just tell me why she was here, but she seemed to like the suspense. She finally skidded to a halt and I almost smashed into her, but luckily my reflexes were fast enough to stop me.

She turned around and looked at me with a dazzling smile. Her blue eyes twinkled with joy, but I could also see worry in them, which then made me anxious.

After a few awkward seconds she said, « Well you're not bad looking. »

From all the things she could have said, that was the last thing I was expecting. I just stood there with my mouth slightly open wondering where the hell she was going with this.

 « I'm Apriline by the way. Do you know what I am? »

« You're an Elder. » 

I was incredibly surprised at my words. They didn't make sense, but deep down I knew they were true.

She nodded her head and smiled at me.

« You're probably wondering why I'm here. Elders rarely come and visit their cupids on earth, but we felt as if you deserved a warning. »

That snapped me out of my daze. Warning? Why would I need a warning?

She quickly clarified when she saw how confused I looked.

« You've probably noticed how in this school there are barely any couples, right? Well... how can I say this... ehm... The work of cupids is hard here.”

I still didn't understand what she was trying to tell me, but I didn't dare tell her. Instead she continued, « A very strong heart breaker is here in this school, and whatever cupid we send here, the heart breaker always gets his way and is able to break all the couples he made. »

« So... they die? » 

« Yes, sadly. We don't know who he is, but he is very resourceful and clever. We have tried to identify him numerous times but he's too sneaky. » 

« How many cupids have you sent out to work here? » I asked. 

« 6 cupids. »

I gulped. I wasn't ready for this. Hell! I could barely even make set up a couple! I didn't have enough experience!

The Elder saw my alarmed expression and tried to calm me down by saying:

« They weren't informed about the strength of the heart breaker. You are! All chances are on you're side! »

« Why me? » I managed to squeeze out. 

« We sense in you a lot of potential and we have seen you at work. You may not have a lot of experience, but the little work you did was good. Plus we need someone who is of high school age, because the heart breaker is probably a student, and that's the easiest way to find him. » 

I didn't say anything, but inside my head a ballet of problems and questions were dancing. I had so many questions, but I couldn't say a word.

She waited for me to say something but when not a single word crossed my lips, she sighed and said, « Since you don't seem to have any questions, I'll let you get back to class. »

Her body started becoming transparent as if she was fading and then I heard a,« Good luck, Will. » and she was gone.

I stayed in the same position for a minute or two and when my brain finally registered what had just happened to me I snapped out of it.

I looked around to see where I was and muttered, « How do I get back to class? »

---

I did finally find my way back, after getting lost several times.

My butt barely touched my seat when the bell rang. Instead of sitting down I got up and grabbed my bag. Nicole and Lena followed me out of class and Nicole curiously asked:

« What was that all about? » 

I was expecting that question, but I hadn't prepared myself to answer it. I was an incredibly bad liar, and before I could open my mouth to say something stupid, Lena jumped and said, « Nicole! Did you notice how Mark was looking at you during class? »

 Nicole immediately forgot about me and turned her attention to Lena.

« Really? What do you mean with looking? Did he seem disgusted or doe eyed? »

Nicole kept on bombarding Lena with questions and Lena answered them calmly with a hint of a smile on her lips.

I knew very well that Mark hadn't been looking at her, even though I didn't know who he was, because when I had scanned everyone no one was interested or compatible.

Which meant that Lena had noticed that I didn't want to answer the question, and so distracted Nicole on purpose. I owed her.

While they were talking I scanned Lena to see her personality. What I saw took my breath away. Her soul was beautiful. She was a generous and caring person who loved to help people around her. Her only flaws were that she was insecure and she didn't trust easily.

I then went on to look at her heart, and to my surprise I noticed that her heart was at the point of closing. I couldn't let that happen, because a closed heart was the second worst thing after a broken heart. If she closed her heart, the chances of opening it in time to find her soul mate were slim.

I had to play my cards well, because one little event could slam the door shut.

I wondered what had made her so closed up to love, and why she was so mistrusting. Something scaring must have happened in her life for her to feel like this. I had to change that because a beautiful soul like her deserves it. I immediately made Lena my priority, putting Nicole and the sad eyed boy on hold.

There was just one problem that made me nervous, what about the heart breaker? Who is it? Will he ruin my chances in helping her and other people? Will... Will he kill me?

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice the pole in front of me, until I smacked right into it.

Next thing I know is I'm on my back on the floor and a pair of sea green dots were looking down at me. I blink a couple of times so that I can focus on what's happening around me. When I finally do come to my senses I realize that the green dots are eyes. Lena's eyes.

Her eyes were filled with concern and she was gnawing on her lip.

« Are you okay? »

Instead of answering I stated with disbelief, « I walked into a pole. »

She smiled at that and the worry in her eyes left.

« Way to go Sherlock Holmes. »

As she said that she stuck out her hand so that she could help me get up. I took it gratefully and got up. I looked around in the hallway and whispered,

« Did anyone else see that? »

« Nope, just me, and don't worry you're secret is safe with me. »

She winked at me and started walking. For a moment I stood still, but I quickly snapped out of it and ran after Lena.

When I caught up to her I asked, « Where's Nicole? »

« She doesn't have the same class as we do so she went her own way. »

I couldn't remember telling either of them what class I had now so I wondered how she knew. I didn't even know what class I had! I took my timetable out of my bag and saw that I had art.

« How did you know I had art? » I asked.

« While you left class, Nicole took your timetable out of your bag to compare you're schedule to ours. »

« Oh »

I should probably have been annoyed that they went through my bag, but I wasn't; just surprised.

I followed Lena into a room. I quickly realized it was the art room, because of all the paint splatters on the floor.

A man with brown hair was walking around the class with paint pots stacked in his arm. I could see those pots tumbling down at any moment, but the man seemed to be used to carrying all that paint.

Lena sat down at a table in the back and I followed suit by sitting at the table right next to hers. On the white board in the front of the class there was written in big letters: Dream project, express you're dreams with the medium you want. Anything goes.

I have to admit that I am not an artist, although I appreciate art. Let's just say that pencils never obey me, and seem to have a mind of their own.

Since I had no idea what to do, I got some paper from the front of the class and I started drawing random lines here and there. I drifted off while 'drawing' and started thinking about a guy that could open Lena's heart.

She needed someone kind and caring, but not boring. Lena needed some adventure in her life. That's also probably why she was such good friend with Nicole, probably the most out going girl in this school. The guy also needed to have brains, because even in the short time I knew Lena, I had figured out that she was smart, and she liked to be challenged mentally.

To really be able to find the perfect man for her, I would need to get to know her better. I decided to ask Nicole, Lance and Lena to show me around town a bit. Like that I could hit two birds with one stone.

I glanced up at the clock and noticed that there were only a few minute left before class ended. I quickly went over to Lena's table when the teacher wasn't looking and asked her, « Hey, I was wondering if you, Lance and Nicole could show me around town today. I would really appreciate it. »

I smiled at her hoping she would say yes. She considered it for a moment and then answered, « Well, I'm free, but I can't speak for Nicole or Lance. »

« Oh, I'll ask them then. »

Lena looked at me curiously and asked, « Why exactly Nicole and Lance? »

« And you. » I added.

She kept on looking at me as if she was waiting for me to confess to murder.

Her accusatory look worked and made me blurt out, « I just think they would go well together. »

Her eyes widened with surprise and then her mouth widened into a smile.

« You're pretty observant! I like that. You know what? I'll show you around town without Lance and Nicole, and then we can find a way to get them together. »

I agreed to her proposition and we planned to meet in front of the school after the last class of the day. The bell rang and she started packing away her painting hurriedly, but not fast enough. Just before she shoved her canvas into the art closet, I could see what she had made.

A girl and a guy were sitting on a rock staring out at the ocean, holding hands. The stars and moon were shining as if there was no tomorrow, and the ocean was peaceful.

Maybe there was hope left after all.

 ------ 

Hi !!!! I hope you liked this chapter, because I worked quite a few hours on it !

Anyways I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Adina who lend me her computer so that I could write this, and I would like to tell Vanessa that I AM SO HAPPY FOR HER !

Srsly u guys are awesome just like this weekend !! I would also like to give a shout out to FANTA who is my skype therapist and who we really miss ;) u know what I mean…

Okay… So… read, comment, vote if you think its worth it !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 16 45
{Completed} ==================================== "I'm scared Will." She whispered while looking up at the stars. "Of what?" I asked and turned to loo...
122K 5.1K 44
i have arrows in my eyes that pierce the hearts of nonbelievers. [ finished ]
772 24 27
Aila Seymour, my life and my death. Touching her gives me life but she stares at me with her eyes brimming with tears. Her look of innocence will be...
166 0 37
"𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆 π’•π’‰π’†π’š π’ˆπ’Šπ’—π’† π’„π’“π’†π’…π’Šπ’• π’˜π’‰π’†π’“π’† π’„π’“π’†π’…π’Šπ’• π’Šπ’” 𝒅𝒖𝒆 𝒕𝒐 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’” π’π’Šπ’•π’•π’π’† π’Žπ’‚π’•π’„π’‰π’Žπ’‚π’Œπ’†π’“. π‘ͺ𝒂𝒍𝒍 π’Žπ’† "π‘ͺπ’–π’‘π’Š...