Silence

By ohdearenisdc

Part 1 {Silence} COMPLETED Part 2 {Noise} COMPLETED Part 3 {Continuation} ONGOING- (SEPERATE BOOK) Aspen Orin... More

{Updated} A/N and Characters
{1} Silence
{2} Quiet
{3} Peace
{4} Stillness
{5} Lull
{6} Serenity
{7} Hushed
{8} Tranquility
{9} Solitude
{10} Rest
{11} Muffled
{12} Shush
{13} Mute
{14} Unheard
{15} Inaudible
{16} Soothe
{17} Speechless
{18} Placid
{19} Gentle
{20} Lonely
{21} Unclear
{22} Low
{23} Soundless
{24} Reserved
{25} Secretive
{26} Reticent
{27} Sedate
{28} Composure
{29} Whist
{30} Incoherent
{31} Equanimity
{32} Faint
{33} Stifled
{34} Hazy
{35} Dull
{36} Feeble
{37} Vague
{38} Faltering
{39} Hesitance
{40} The Final Silence
Character Q&A
{1.2} Noise
{2.2} Loud
{3.2} Crash
{4.2} Piercing
{5.2} Ringing
{6.2} Enhanced
{7.2} Screech
{8.2} Whistle
{9.2} Echo
{10.2} Boom
{11.2} Commotion
{12.2} Unruly
{13.2} Deep
{14.2} Ruckus
{15.2} Yell
{16.2} Deafening
{17.2} Static
{18.2} Shrill
{19.2} Emphatic
{20.5} Language
{21.5} Snap
{22.2} Powerful
{23.2} Cry
{24.2} Uproarious
{25.2} Melody
{26.2} Blare
{27.2} Scream
{28.2} Thundering
{29.2} The Final Noise
{Bonus 1} Love
AUTHORS NOTE :)

Epilogue

10.2K 402 379
By ohdearenisdc

{Aspen's POV}

2 years later.

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what, darling?" Arlo asks me softly, his breath fanning my ear.

I look up from my textbook, laying on my bed, perched on my elbows at the boy laying right beside me. His gaze is soft and the corner of his lip quirks up slightly.

"Like that." I whisper.

He suddenly leans in, his lips meeting mine. My eyes flutter closed at the slow and delicate movement. He breaks the kiss though, only to give me peppering kisses all over my face making me laugh at him slightly.

"Who" kiss

"Needs" kiss

"Calculus" kiss

"Anyways?" Kiss

I pull away from the kisses, earning a frown from distracting boy beside me.

"Me and you both." I tell him, earning a groan. "One last assignment and we're done. School will be over, and we graduate."

"I know my love." He replies softly, face planting into the soft blankets of my cloud.

Just before I can look back at my textbook, my door opening catches my attention. My heart beats faster and my eyes widen.

Sorin with a deadly glare is staring right at Arlo.

I quickly shove him off the bed, making a loud thud at his contact with the ground. Arlo yelps, probably both at the shock of my action and the falling.

"H-hey Sorin." I greet him, sitting up in bed with a sheepish smile.

"Arlo." His voice booms through the room, ignoring me.

Arlo jumps to his feet, dusting his hands off. His previously soft gaze has now hardened and he's trying to put up a confident front for Sorin.

"Sorin." He replies.

"Let me explain everything wrong with what just happened." Sorin says, "Number one, the door was closed. Number two, laying together in the same bed. Number three, the five feet of space we had discussed was clearly not held. Can you give me one good reason why I should not throw you off that balcony?"

"Because my face would be ugly for graduation tomorrow?" Arlo replies.

"It's already ugly, it might just fix you up." Sorin retorts.

"Sorin." I gasp at him.

"I'm sorry Aspen but you picked a very ugly boy to love."

"Hey!" Arlo snaps, earning a glare from Sorin.

"You're asking me to shoot you again, boy."

"No, not again." Arlo rushes out, "Look, Sorin I'm sorry. We're just doing work." Arlo picks up the textbook, showing it to Sorin. "Nothing more."

"You." Sorin points at Arlo, "Sit at the desk." Arlo nods and walks over to my rolley chair, sitting down without looking away from Sorin. "This door will stay open and if I come back and anything is different, I'm going to kick him out, off the balcony."

"Understood." I nod my head at Sorin's words.

With one final glare at Arlo, Sorin walks away, leaving the door wide open. I look back at Arlo with a sheepish smile and he looks at me, slightly panicked.

"Your brothers are crazy." Arlo shakes his head.

"What else is new?" I look down at my textbook, making a few final adjustments to my paper.

"I know your family has something planned for you tomorrow night, after grad. But I want to take you somewhere before you go." He says, making me look up at him.

"Where?" I ask.

"That's a surprise darling." He replies with a smirk.

Sh*t, it's finally happening.

I've been suspecting this for weeks. The strange questions from not only Arlo, but from my brothers as well.

Where's my favorite spot?

What things am I hoping for in the future?

How old would you like to be when you get engaged?

Do you really love this boy or can I actually kill him yet?

I knew it.

I f*cking knew it.

Good thing I planned for this.

Unbeknownst to Arlo, my brothers and any other friends, I have a ring tucked away under my bed. It's hidden in a cut I made in the mattress.

It's the final round.

And I'm not losing at this game.

"Are you alright, my love?" Arlo asks, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Just dandy Mr. Wing." I tell him with a smile. "Just finished my paper."

"What a coincidence, I did too." He says with a grin.

I give him a knowing look.

"Did you actually, or are you just saying that so I finally give you attention?"

His grin drops and he mumbles something under his breath. He turns the rolley chair and starts doing work. I smile at the back of his head.

I really love this boy.

"I'm going to grab something to eat. Would you like something?" I ask, getting off my cloud.

"Whatever you get." He replies, glancing back at me.

I nod at him and make my way of of my room. 

I walk down the hall but find myself stalling at a certain empty room. Every time I see it, it's a reminder he's gone. A reminder a part of our family is gone. But every damn time I walk past it I have to look inside. It's habit at this point, a habit that breaks me more and more every time.

I place my hand over the knob and twist it gently, opening the door. 

The dark theme is the most prominent thing that sticks out. The bed is neatly made, almost taunting me. Reminding me constantly that it's unused. There's honestly nothing very special about the room even. There's a bookshelf to the side and a desk that used to always be filled with paperwork. The dark wooden tones of everything match.

But it's all empty now. 

For probably the first month of our return, I slept in that bed every single night. It still smelled like him. It made me feel like maybe he wasn't really gone.

And I guess I was honestly hoping I would catch him sneaking in the room to get something he may have forgotten.

But that didn't happen.

I hear something down the hall so I take a step back, closing the door softly. I turn to the noise and watch as Jasper's door opens, revealing.. Hudson?

"...see you again soon?" Hudson asks through the door. his back is turned to me.

I hear mumbling from inside the room and Hudson nods his head, looking around and finally spotting me. His eyes widen and he looks caught. He turns back to the door and his face turns to anger suddenly.

"And never speak to me again b*tch." 

Hudson slams the door closed and looks towards me. 

"Hey Aspen. Bored of that boytoy of yours?" He asks teasingly. I laugh at him slightly and continue my journey for a snack.

If Hudson doesn't want to talk about what's going on with him and Jasper, I'm not going to push. It wouldn't be right if I did.

"He's doing some work and I'm getting us something to eat." I inform him.

He joins me and we walk side by side down the hall.

"Nervous for graduation tomorrow?" He asks.

"Not necessarily." I tell him truthfully. "All I have to do is walk up and take a paper and sit back down."

"True, but high school will be over. It's going to be a whole new chapter of life." He says, waving his hands around in the air for dramatic effect.

"Yeah." I agree softly. "It will be."

I wonder if Hudson knows about the proposal. I'm pretty sure all my brothers would. They would probably murder Arlo if he didn't ask their permission first. I mean, Sorin shot Arlo when he told me he loved me without telling my brothers first. Like he literally shot him. 

How is Arlo still with me?

Hudson and I make it to the kitchen and I go straight to the snack cupboard. Looking through our options, I decide on a pack of Oreos. As I turn back around though, Hudson holds a disapproving look at my choice. I look back and pick up and orange and wave it around, making him nod.

Balance I guess.

With my Oreos and orange, I walk out of the kitchen, glancing back just before I leave.

"See you tomorrow, Huds?" I ask hopefully.

"See you tomorrow, Aspen." He nods with a soft smile.

I make my way back upstairs and walk back to my room where my love is waiting. I walk in since the door is still open and see him sprawled out on my cloud like a starfish. I pause, looking at him with a smile.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" I ask him, making him look at me.

"I see why you call this bed your cloud." He replies, "And I just finished my paper. I think I deserve a reward."

"Is that so.." I draw out, walking towards him and placing the food on the bedside table.

I lean over the bed to give him a kiss, but pull away before it gets to deep. He frowns at me but I smile at him.

Arlo and I have not had sex yet.

A big factor in that is me. I wasn't ready for a long time, and Arlo has been incredibly respectful and understanding. We have clear boundaries and have had many conversations about how far we could go.

Before we ever have sex, I want to be married. 

I need it to be permanent before I do it again. I need stability in a relationship and someone who I trust more than anything.

And the fact that Arlo agreed without any protests made my heart melt. And it made me love him all that much more.

I also have a slight suspicion that may be a reason he wants to propose right after graduation. But I'm not complaining.

I want to marry this man.

"HEY!"

Someone at the door shouts, making me flinch. Thankfully I'm standing to the side of the bed, a safe distance away from Arlo who is still laying on the bed.

I don't have to turn around to know that Sorin is standing in the doorway, his expression probably fuming.

Arlo flips himself off the bed on the side opposite to me. I turn to see Sorin walking in with angry strides and I widen my eyes in fear for my boyfriend.

Arlo rolls under the bed from what I can see. Just as Sorin reaches the opposite side of the bed, Arlo rolls out on my side and jumps to his feet. He looks back at Sorin who looks like he could kill. Arlo turns to me with wide eyes and gives me a quick peck on the cheek.

"See you tomorrow darling." He says to me softly before running out of my room.

"The f*ck you will!" Sorin chases after him. 

I smile at the sight of Quest chasing them out as well. He doesn't only stay by me now, He's grown a surprising attachment to Jasper and Sorin. I am still his number one, but he wanders around the house as he pleases now, which I'm very okay with. He deserves all the love he can get.

As they all leave me in my room, I have to trust Sorin wont injure him to bad. I just hope he'll be in one piece for when I propose tomorrow.

Speaking of that, I close my door and lock the useless lock. I turn around and lift up my mattress, feeling underneath for where I cut. I find it easily and pull out the small box, dropping the mattress back down in the process. 

I climb onto my bed, taking the Oreos with me. I cradle the black, velvet box in my hand and open it, revealing the life changing piece of metal. I take it out of the box and look at the simple silver ring. 

I find my nerves growing now. I open the box of Oreos and eat with one hand, and fiddle with the ring in the other.

I never expected life to turn out this way. 

I was hopeless until my brothers. They introduced me to a life of love and care. They brought me joy and made me laugh.

But just as Caspian said, they each let me down, made me cry or unhappy in some way. And that's why I had to make sure I was happy with myself before telling Arlo I was ready to get married.

I turned 18 a while ago and I know Arlo has waited to propose. But only recently did I tell him I would be ready when he did. 

Through these years I've learned to not depend on others. But, to be confident and happy with myself. It's been a long and hard journey, but I'm proud to say I finally made it. 

I place the ring back into the box and place it safely into the drawer of my bedside table. I place the now almost empty pack of Oreos right beside it and close the drawer gently.

Leaning back in my cloud, I close my eyes, anxious for tomorrows events.

And I don't even know why, but the only thought plaguing my mind is if Caspian will see my Graduation.

{}{}{}

A sudden weight slamming down on me shocks me awake. I let out a little screech and open my eyes quickly. 

"Get off of me you oaf." I demand.

"Hey Aspen." He Kohen whispers to me.

"What?" I ask, trying to breath with the weight of him laying on me.

"You're graduating today." He whispers.

"Oh thanks for that shocking news. Now get the f*ck up." I tell him.

"So rude on such a special day." He says, stretching his body so his weight distributes more and it feels more heavy.

"Kohen." I say warningly, coughing slightly at not really being able to breathe.

"Fineeee." He draws out, taking his time getting up. "But it's almost time to go." 

"Okay, let me get ready then." I tell him, sitting up in bed and rubbing the tiredness out of my eyes.

"Be down in a half hour. Breakfast for a Queen is in the making" He says with a grin, closing the door behind him on his way out.

Suddenly thinking about all that is to come today, I cant fight the excited squeal I let out. I get out of bed and rush to my bathroom. I take in my disheveled appearance and start by brushing my teeth, then my hair.  I wash my face before putting on more natural looking makeup. 

it takes me about 20 minutes in the bathroom, then I go to my closet for the dress. I decided on an all black dress that has a deep V-neck line. It's strapless and cinches at the waist making the bottom half flow down beautifully. It also has a slit on the leg that my brothers almost sh*t themselves at but I managed to convince them to let me wear it.

I take a minute to strap a gun to my unexposed thigh. My paranoia is still very much there.

I look in my mirror and nearly don't recognize myself. Maybe I went a bit overboard, but I brush that thought off. I deserve this and I look hot.

I take a quick picture and send it to Arlo and Fay. Both of them quickly send a reply back.

My Elegant Chicken Wing 
You've left me speechless, my love. Absolutely breathtaking, I cant wait to see you in person.

Fay <3
DAMN SEXY, TELL YOUR MAN YOU'RE MINE. 

Safe to say, I think I look pretty good. 

I leave my closet with one more look in the mirror. I smile at myself and walk to my bedside table. I open the drawer and take the little black box and put it into a little clutch. I find myself growing more and more nervous as each second passes.

"Aspen it's-"

I look at my door where Ambrose stands. He has an all black tux on and he looks insanely powerful. His mouth is agape and his eyes widen slightly. 

"Breakfast." He says simply, as if his voice is caught in his throat. "Downstairs."

"I'm ready." I tell him with a confident nod, walking towards the door.

"Aspen, you're beautiful." He says genuinely.

"Thank you Ambrose." I grin at him.

"Let's go, everyone is ready." He says, making room for me to leave the room.

Holding my clutch close to my body, I walk side by side with Ambrose to the kitchen. I see all my brothers gathered around the island that has cookies, pastries, fruit and I don't even know what else displayed on it. Each of them are wearing a variation of a very expensive and lavish suit. They look handsome.

They turn to us as we walk in, each with a reaction similar to Ambrose's. I smile at them.

"Aspen, you look amazing." Balor says with a smile. 

"Stunning." Kohen agrees with a grin.

"Are we not making her change?" Sorin gives Balor a look.

"Sorin." I say warningly.

"I'm kidding Aspen. You look wonderful." 

I nod approvingly. 

"Decent." Jasper nods his head.

"Right back at you." I grin at him, making him shake his head with a chuckle.

"Eat." Ambrose pushes me forward gently. "We leave in 10 minutes."

I walk up to the insane breakfast spread and try to decide what to take first.

"The croissants are my own recipe, Arbre." I look up at Raini who suddenly walks in. She smiles at me in her classic motherly fashion. "You have to try them."

I smile at her as well as I take a croissant.

My brothers and I talk for a while as I eat. It's in moments like this when you can see there is a clear void in the room. A missing person. But we still have to go on.

"Alright." Ambrose says. "Time to go."

We all leave the house in a slight hurry. I think we overestimated how much time we have so when we all get in the car, Ambrose speeds like a maniac.

We make it to the school in an astounding 10 minutes, just before the ceremony starts. We all rush out of the car and they find their seats. I go to the back where all the graduates have to meet up.

"Nice for you to finally join us Miss, Karieo." The rude cooking teacher snaps at me. She's never gotten over what Jasper did and I've just taken the fall for that now.

"Okay, cry about it." I snap at her.

I'm done with her sh*t.

"Darling." A certain someone gets my attention.

I turn to the voice and smile at Arlo. He's dressed handsomely in a navy blue tux that fits him just perfectly. What I would do to just-

"Well if it isn't Mrs. and Mr. Dolores." I turn my head to look at Buttface. He has that classic irritating smirk of his plastered on his face.

"And if it isn't the most cocky, narcissistic jerk I've ever met." I retort.

He feigns being hurt by butting his hand on his heart.

"You hurt me Mrs. Dolores."

"Whatever."

I don't correct him.

"Students." A random teacher calls out. "Follow the principal out to the garden. There are reserved seats for you. We've been through all of this before so let's make sure it goes smoothly now. Congratulations everyone."

At the teacher's words, everyone starts moving outside. There are probably over a hundred family members seated in the chairs behind our reserved ones. We're all facing a stage where the principal goes up to. He says his introductions, the band plays a song that makes my eardrums bleed and somewhere in between all of it, Arlo's hand finds mine and he holds on to it.

Names start to get called and now and at this moment I'm suddenly nervous. I was fine all of yesterday but I have to go and get nervous now. Arlo gives my hand a squeeze and I savor his touch. It does help me to relax.

"Mina Jorden." 

That means I'm next.

Oh sh*t why do the butterflies have to come now?

All I have to do is stand up, walk to the front without tripping, take the paper, shake a hand, take a picture and sit back down without tripping.

Why does this all sound so much harder than it did last night?

"Aspen Karieo."

I let go of Arlo's hand and give him a quick smile as I stand up. I walk carefully to the front and climb the steps. I try to be graceful as I walk across the stage and approach the principal but I feel like I've suddenly forgot to walk. I walk right up to the man with my diploma and he reaches out for a handshake.

"Congratulations."

"Thank you." I smile as I reply.

We don't let go of the handshake as he hands me my diploma. We both look at the photographer as they snap a picture. 

As I give an exaggerated smile, something catches the corner of my eye making me look away from the camera. At the very back of the yard, standing and separated from everybody-

No-

It's not possible.

My knees grow weak and my grip suddenly drops on the paper, making my diploma fall to the ground. Everything suddenly stops as I make eye contact with the man I haven't seen in 2 years. The man that was responsible for the majority of my tears these past years. The man who I've wished to see again since the minute he left.

Caspian.

"Aspen." The principal catches my attention with concern. 

I reluctantly look away from my eldest brother and look back at the old man.

"Are you alright, dear?" He asks.

I nod my head, bending down to pick up my diploma. I cant will myself to speak right now.

As I stand back up to walk off the stage, my eyes look for him again. They search every corner of the yard but I cant find him.

Caspian's gone.

Again.

And he hadn't even returned.

I walk off the stage shakily and make my way back to my seat. I make eye contact with Ambrose who's on the literal edge of his seat and give him a nod, letting him know I'm okay. His face is clearly not convinced, but he stays in his seat nonetheless.

I make it to my chair and sit next to Arlo who immediately grabs my hand, silently asking me what happened.

"He was here Arlo." I tell him hoarsely, feeling my eyes water. "Caspian was here."

{}{}{}

The graduation ended nearly an hour ago. I'm in Arlo's car and he's driving to the surprise destination.

When my brothers came up to me after the ceremony, I couldn't tell them the truth. I didn't tell them because it would only cause them unnecessary pain. And I'm sure Caspian isn't returning by the way he disappeared right away.  

It hurt that he was there just as much as it warmed my heart.

"My love." Arlo gets my attention.

"Hm?" I hum in response, looking at him.

"We have arrived." He says with a grin.

I was so caught up in thought, I didn't even notice we stopped.

"Are you sure you're up for this?" He asks softly.

"Absolutely chicky." I tell him, opening my door and getting out of the car.

Arlo follows my actions and I look at our surroundings. 

There's nothing here but forest. 

Plush green trees and shrubbery all around. Everything is bright green and growing in with the spring season. My heart melts at the thought Arlo put into this.

He walks around the car and stands tall, much taller than me. He reaches his hand out and I place mine in his. 

The game begins.

He takes us to a little path that leads through the trees. I look all around at the familiarity of the greenery. The fresh air brings me a feeling of serenity. Birds chirp and random things move in the grass. 

Arlo and I talk about anything and everything as we walk down the beautiful path.

With growing nerves and a desire to win, it's time I put my plan into place.

"One second." I tug on his hand, making him stop and look back at me. "There's a rock in my shoe."

I bend down and pretend to fiddle with the running shoe. I look up at Arlo who keeps his eyes trained on me. 

"My love," I pretend to see something in the distance and point to nothing. "It's that flower I was telling you about."

As he turns to look, I look down to take the black box out of my clutch and look back up.

But what I see fills me with dread.

Arlo is kneeling in front of me with his silver box already opened. I stare wide eyed as he grins at me victoriously. An elegant diamond sits on top if a simple ring. It's literally perfect, nothing too big but not too small either.

"My love," He starts. "I believe I won."

-----------------------------------------------------

MY LOVES, WE MADE IT.

THIS THING IS LITERALLY 4000 WORDS.

And I couldn't be happier with the final product.

The intro to Caspian has been uploaded, so you can check that out. I'm hoping to post chapter one tomorrow. 

As sad I am to end this story, I'm so excited to start on new things. I can almost guarantee I'm going to come back to write bonus chapters every time I miss it. I already have a lot of ideas for those.

But for now, my focus will be starting up Caspian. 

I love you all so much, thank you for being so nice it literally brings tears to my eyes. 

I hope this epilogue brought you some of the closure you needed. I couldn't stop smiling as I wrote it. I'm so happy with the way it came out.

And I'm so happy for Aspen and Arlo.

Until next time ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 63 10
Here's some Chris, Kevin, Thor x Reader one-shot Fanfictions you might like which I randomly made myself with my own imagination. Don't judge, it's...
396K 12.2K 39
[DISCONTINUED] "ˢᵒᵐᵉ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ˡᵉᶠᵗ ᵘⁿᵗᵒˡᵈ." → various tbhk x reader ← ┏━━━━°⌜⚝ ◊ ⚝⌟°━━━━┓ ᵈⁱᶠᶠᵉʳᵉⁿᵗ ᵇᵘᵗ ˢᵒᵐᵉʰᵒʷ,ᵒⁿᵉ ┗━━━━°⌜ ⚝ ◊ ⚝⌟°━...
21.7K 669 22
A young man born to a wealthy family unaware of the incredible power dwelling inside of him, Now that young man is about to begin walking down the ro...
6.5K 335 9
glad I gotchu babygirl ..