When Shadows Intertwine with...

By buddy025

It seemed to be another ordinary day at U.A. But then Mr. Aizawa gave an announcement to the class saying tha... More

Ch 1: The New Girl
Ch 2: A Girl & Her Shadow
Ch 3: Lunch Date
Ch 4: A Strange Feeling
Ch 5: Starting Over
Ch 6: Costume Design
Ch 7: Getting Advice
Ch 8: Beauty in the Shadows
Ch 9: Surprise Me
Ch 10: Another Bumpy Encounter
Ch 11: Pairings
Ch 12: Training
Ch 13: The Next Match Has Been Made
Ch 14: Suppressing a Dark Power
Ch 15: Don't Provoke Me
Ch 16: Help This Bird Fly
Ch 17: A Little Shove
Ch 18: Requests
Ch 19: Distances & Apologies
Ch 20: Lost In The Song
Ch 21: A Rager?!
Ch 22: Meeting The Group
Ch 23: The Mall
Ch 24: Shopping
Ch 25: Old Friends, Old Enemies
😋Authors Note😋
Ch 26: Stand Your Ground
Ch 27: Party Time
Ch 28: Drunken Mistakes
Ch 29: Awkward
Ch 30: It's a Long Story
One-Shot: Happy Birthday
Ch 31: A Moment Of Weakness
❤️Authors Note🖤
💜Authors Note, again🖤
Ch 32: To Be? Or Not To Be?
One-Shot: Monthly
Ch 33: Are They Together Now?
💗Authors Note💚
One-Shot: ☁️Nightmares☁️
Ch 35: Swift Shadows
One-Shot: ☁️Comfort☁️
Ch 36: An Accident
Ch 37: Stalking
Ch 38: My Darling
One-Shot: 🍋A Good Workout🍋
Ch 39: A Terrible Reminder
Ch 40: First Date
❤️Authors Note🧡
Ch 41: Almost Caught
Ch 42: A Big Question & A Big Answer
Help our gofund.me!

Ch 34: Take Things Slow

94 1 5
By buddy025

~Recap~

Aika: "I wasn't lying about what I said. I really do like you. And I really did enjoy spending time with you. That's why.... I want us to do more things together."

N: They both became quite Tokoyami felt flattered and nervous about how to respond to her. He had already come up with an answer but the movie was still playing and the sound of girl screaming startled them. Aika and Tokoyami both jumped up and Aika held onto his arm tight as she closed her eyes and turned her head towards Tokoyami. Tokoyami's cheeks turned red and he looked at the t.v and got the remote and lowered the volume. Aika opened her eye and slowly picked her head up, Tokoyami looked at her as he slowly put the remote down. Aika's face turned pink and she let his arm go and backed away.

Aika: "S-Sorry."

N: She looked down as he began scratching his cheek thinking about what he was about to say. Aika just shook her head and threw back the blanket and got up from the couch.

Aika: "Never mind! Forget it. Forget everything!" She told him clenching her fists as she walked away.

Tokoyami: "W-Wait. Amari!"

Aika: "Forget it, it was just a joke! It's not like you would've taken it seriously if it was true anyways! So forget it."

N: Tokoyami watched her walk away and he just sighed as he covered his face with his hand out of shame. Aika went to her room and leaned against the door and closed her eyes as she groaned.

Aika: "What was I thinking?"

...

Ruki: "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!!"

Aika: ...

Ruki: "I mean seriously! Aika, you're smarter than this!"

Akari: "Aika you've only known Tokoyami three days or so, and you mean to tell us that you kissed him, told him personal things about yourself, and last night you said you would like to do more things together?"

Aika: "It's not ideal. But, yes I did." She said looking down.

Yuri: "But guy's Aika hasn't had feelings for a guy in so long. Shouldn't we be supporting this?"

Ruki: "Yuri. They. Don't. Know each other!"

Yuri: "Yet."

Ruki: "Ughh!"

Lea: "Aika you know we all love you like crazy. And you know that we'll always be with you through thick and thin. So if you want to form a relationship with this guy that's fine. Just take it slow, okay?"

Ruki: "What the hell are you doing?!"

Lea: "Well! Oh come on guy's, let's be realistic here. Aika's been going through enough hardships right now and I think it's about time she gets someone else other than us to spend time with. Not trying to sound mean though. You know what I mean someone else who'll make her feel safe, and wanted but even more. And besides we hung out with Tokoyami the other day, and he was really respectful and nice especially to Aika."

Akari: "I agree Lea but you need to be realistic too. They barely know anything about each other, and you really think they should be rushing into a relationship so foolishly?"

Aika: "Okay, I am sitting right here! And just for the record I'm still debating on what I want."

Fuji: "Well what do you want?"

Aika: "I just said I'm still debating."

Ruki: "Aika let me ask you something before you think about your decision. If you do consider going out with this guy, where do you see this going? Do you see this becoming a real relationship and is he really the kind of guy you think he is, or could you just be reflecting your own feelings and wishes of the perfect guy for you onto Tokoyami?"

N: Aika stared at Ruki a few more moments till she looked down and let her shoulders drop in defeat.

Lea: "Okay that's enough guy's, we came here to help not lecture. Aika I'm on your side, no matter what. If you want to go out with him I'll support you through it." She said placing her hand on her shoulder with a genuine smile.

Yuri: "Me too! You deserve better Aika, and if you think that Tokoyami's the one then I got your back one hundred percent!"

Fuji: "Well I like the guy, and I think we should give 'em a chance. Count me in."

N: Aika smiled at them and put her hand over Lea's. They looked at Ruki and Akari with smile's.

Ruki: "Wha-I-I am not the bad guy here! I'm just looking out for her like a responsible friend would. Aika I love you for seeing the good in others but not everyone can turn out the way you want them to. I'm sorry but I'm just trying to protect you, I stand by what I said." He said crossing his arms.

Akari: ... "Aika, I care a great deal about you just like Ruki does. But he's right. I hope you'll understand that we just don't want to see you get hurt anymore. We're only looking out for you. I'm sorry but I have to disagree." She said shaking her head.

Aika: ... "Well it's your choices guy's. And I'll respect them both."

Fuji: "Dude, you're the only one who didn't say anything about this. Now put the book down, and clear this up. Who's side are you on?"

N: Everyone looked at Ankoku who was sitting in the corner resting his head in the palm of his hand as he read his book.

Aika: "Ankoku?"

Ankoku: .... "This is out of my hands, and has nothing to do with me." He said plainly with his eyes still locked on his book.

Fuji: "Well that's helpful."

Yuri: "Oh come on Koku! Just give us a straight answer!"

Ankoku: "I did. And I believe I've told you several times not to call me Koku."

Yuri: "Well too bad Koku, now pick a side!"

Aika: "Ankoku you can be honest. I'll respect your decision too."

N: He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye. And he closed the book and sighed, he stood up and walked towards her then took a knee down in front of her.

Ankoku: "Aika. ...I'm sorry but I have to side with Akari and Ruki."

Yuri: "WHAT THE HELL ANKOKU?!"

Aika: "Yuri it's fine he said what he felt was right. That's what I appreciate most, that he was honest with me."

Yuri: "Yeah okay. But I'm not!"

Aika: "At least hear his reason before you get mad at him."

Yuri: ... "Fine. We're all ears mouse." She said putting her hand on her waist.

N: Ankoku looked back at Aika, she sat up straight and gave him a little smile and nod.

Ankoku: "Aika you said it yourself you don't know what you want. And quite frankly I agree with that statement, you don't know what you want. You told us everything that's happened with you two lately and you have let your guard down and let him into your life just barely I can see that. But, each time he got closer to knowing you, the real you, you made your walls higher for him to climb. And I don't think that's right. You want change, love, respect, someone to call you their other half and I know it's because you didn't get that the first time. But right now it just seems like you're getting him and yourself confused by what you think you want or by what you're afraid of wanting. You feel like there's something there, but another part of you is saying that it's not true. So you keep drawing him in, only to push him away."

...

Fuji: "Damn dude. That was...deep but harsh. Ow! What?" He asked after Lea elbowed his arm.

Aika: .....

N: Ankoku felt disappointed with himself for speaking to her so rudely. He thought that he should've held back a little since she looked sad. He stood up and balled his hand into a fist.

Ankoku: "And you all wonder why I stay in the back and stay quiet."

Aika: "It's fine. You said what was honest and I'm glad you did. We may all agree and disagree with each other but we'll respect one another's opinions. Thanks for the help guy's."

....

Lea: "Anytime Aika."

Fuji: "Yeah don't sweat it. Besides, who's gonna give you better relationship advice than me?"

Ruki: "Careful Fuji, you might dislocate your arm patting yourself on the back."

Fuji: "Ha ha. So funny."

Aika: "Okay, okay. I have to start getting ready."

Lea: "Kay. We'll see you later Aika."

Yuri: "See ya shadow queen." She said giving her a hug.

Aika: "Bye."

N: They all put their hands on each other's shoulders and Ankoku teleported them out of her room. Aika smiled as she shook her head she went over to her closet to get her uniform, she put it on and looked over at her sisters picture. She picked it up and rubbed her thumb over the frame.

Aika: "Lizzie...I could really use your help. No one made things make sense like you did Liz."

N: She held the picture against her chest and closed her eyes.

Kaminari: "Guy's I'm really nervous for today's class. Mr. Aizawa's been trying to cram all kinds of stuff in my brain that I'm not ready for."

Sero: "It's just a couple questions about your grammar and math, you're fine."

Kaminari: "No it's not! He keeps strangling me with his scarf when I'm wrong or not paying attention."

Yaoyorozu: "Honestly Kaminari what did you expect? Mr. Aizawa is just trying to help you get your grades up."

Kaminari: "More like get my heart rate up till I pass out."

N: Tokoyami opened the door and walked into the classroom not even taking a look at the class.

Mina: "Well?!"

N: He looked up at everyone and the girls were all smiling.

Hagakure: "Come on tell us! How'd it go?"

Tokoyami: "And you're referring to what exactly?" He asked still not making eye contact as he walked to his desk.

Mina: "You and Amari dummy! So tell us what happened!"

Tokoyami: "Nothing."

Everyone: "What?!"

Tokoyami: "That's what I said. Nothing happened."

Yaoyorozu: "What do you mean nothing happened? Didn't you two stay up late last night?"

Mina: "Yeah. We thought you two were gonna watch a movie together?"

Tokoyami: "We did. Then she got tired and went to bed. And that's the end of it."

Kaminari: "Wait, are you serious?!"

Kirishima: "Sorry man. But don't worry you can try again next time." He said giving him a playful punch on the shoulder.

Tokoyami: "I don't believe there will be a next time my friend."

Kirishima: "What?"

Deku: "What're you talking about Tokoyami?"

Tokoyami: "I'm afraid the chances of me and Amari being anything more than classmates are...unlikely."

Urarraka: "You don't know that."

Tokoyami: "Believe me I do. She's made things very clearly."

Sero: "But you're still gonna be friends though right?"

Tokoyami: "I'm not sure. But whether we are or not is her decision. And I certainly won't force her to choose."

Mineta: "So that's it?! You're giving up?!"

Shoji: "That's not what he said."

Yaoyorozu: "You can't give up Tokoyami! If this were a rescue, and Amari needed your help would you help her, or look the other way and let someone else step in?"

N: He just folded his arms and closed his eyes. Everyone gave sad expressions and took their seats before Mr. Aizawa arrived. Tokoyami opened his eyes slightly and gave a quiet sigh. The door opened revealing Aika with a small smile as she held her school bag over her shoulder.

Hagakure: "Morning Amari!"

Aika: "Morning Hagakure."

Ojiro: "You look happy today."

Aika: "Maybe a little. Aizawa's not here yet?"

Kaminari: "Nope, but ya better hurry to your seat. He'll be here any minute."

Aika: "Thanks for the heads up."

N: She walked pass them and looked up at Tokoyami then she stopped smiling, he didn't even open his eyes to acknowledge her presence. Aika looked at her seat then sat down and began scrolling through her phone. It felt like everyone noticed them, they all gave each other worried and sad looks.

Aizawa: "Alright, everyone in your seats-oh. Alright then. Today you're all going to take notes on rescue procedures and hostage situations. Because when you all become real heroes you're going to be in a lot of these situations. But it's nothing compared to the people who are actually in danger, so I want all of you to pay attention and memorize the best tactics and strategies of handling these situations."

Aika: 'The way Mr. Aizawa explained things in his tired voice didn't really make me interested in the assignment. But he was right, these are the kind of problems we'll be facing soon. I wonder what kind of strategies are good enough for these kinds of rescues.'

N: Aika began writing down the tactics on the board behind Mr. Aizawa along with everyone else. But as she did she kept looking at Tokoyami from time to time and blushing each time she looked at him. Tokoyami was mainly focusing on taking notes but his thoughts weren't entirely pure.

Tokoyami: 'Hmm.'

Aika: "I wasn't lying about what I said. I really do like you."

Tokoyami: 'Like me? In what way?'

Aika: "That's why.... I want us to do more things together."

Tokoyami: 'What does she truly want?'

N: He closed his eyes and looked slightly over his shoulder to see Aika writing down the notes. He began watching her for a bit longer as she wrote. She sat up for a second and flipped her hair back then continued writing, he turned around and put his hand over his beak and started blushing.

Tokoyami: 'Mmm!' He groaned in his head.

N: Aika looked up to copy more notes but looked at Tokoyami and blushed a little then she started to smile. She went back to writing but looked at him again and blushed and smiled more.

(Hey everyone, I'm sry for not updating lately, if you've read my other book you would've seen my latest chapter and what I had to say. My mom had just died a few days ago to cancer. So I might have a little trouble with writing, but I know my mom would want me to do what makes me happy so I'm gonna try and keep writing as much as I can. Thank you for being patient and I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, see ya in the shadows)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 5.8K 22
⚠️WARNING: DO NOT REPORT OR DELETE THIS BOOK IN THE SAKE OF OUR READERS!!🥺 THIS MAY CONTAIN LANGUAGE OR LEWD, IDK. IT'S A FANFICTION AFTER ALL. BUT...
2.2K 82 28
WARNING: Smut (alittle bit) THIS IS A REWRITE! (this was originally the first book I wrote too) Female reader is Lily (aka Y/n) Lily wants to become...
464K 23K 70
"No matter what, I'm a brother first. And a proud one at that." Bakugou M/n is a wise boy and an even greater hero-to-be. however, he's got one loud...
303 30 30
A vigilante Hero was out one night and saw a person fighting a whole group of Villains all by themselves, but the problem is that they're badly injur...