Match Me~ Drinny

Da salini_rout_15

When Draco Malfoy discovers his mother is dying and her last wish is to see him happily married with children... Altro

Prologue
Signing Up
Promises and Forever
Collide
Meeting the Eligibles
I Can't Stand it Anymore
The Bride Hunt
Shielded Hearts
Holding You
Telling All
Midnight Rendezvous
Theories Of Love
Shall We Dance?
Orphans
Meet The Parents
Romance 101
Indecision
Christmas
As Lover Goes
Feeling the Fall
Paparazzi
Nerves
Surfacing
The Wedding
Truth
Unforgiving
The Sacrifice
My Confession

You're a Boy

512 18 2
Da salini_rout_15

Ginny struggled to open her eyes, and once she did, she threw up an arm to shield the light pouring in from the window, ignoring the annoying beeping of her alarm. She groaned and pulled the covers up, trying to sleep just a little more before she had to go to work. The alarm ran again and she had a sudden urge to throw it against the wall.

She lurched and sat up in bed, one hand reaching for the clock to turn it off, but it wasn't where she normally left it. Ginny looked across the room, and there it was, out of place on her vanity table. She sighed, remembering Hermione's suggestion to Ginny's problem of sleeping in – to put her alarm clock where she couldn't simply turn it off, roll over, and continue sleeping.

It wasn't as if she would be fired for being late, but it seemed unfair that most of her employees would arrive much earlier than she ever did. It didn't hurt to set a good example, and that meant that she could get off work later.

Ginny meandered toward the bathroom. She mildly thought that it wasn't such a good idea to stay so late on a Sunday night, but she didn't regret it. Meeting Blaise was great. It was surprising when Blaise persuaded her to brew a lemon tea with him, claiming that he had heard of her fabulous culinary skills. When Draco tasted each of theirs, he couldn't tell the difference between them.

She felt a smile creep up as she reminisced, a toothbrush in her hand. Finishing up her morning routine, she went into the kitchen, loving the feel of the soft carpet under her bare feet, and poured herself a cup of coffee.

Clutching the coffee in two hands, she headed back to her room, intending to dress. However, all that she managed to do was drop her cup when she felt two arms encircle her waist. Her first thought was that it was Draco but realized that she felt differently whenever she was in his arms. She felt violated, as if she shouldn't be touched.

Ginny whirled around, not noticing that the cup had smashed. She ended up stepping on one of the pieces and grimaced as she felt it embed into her foot.

"Seamus?" She stood on one foot, wrenching out the shard.

"Ginny." He was staring at her, she noticed. Or not at her, but at her nightgown.

"Seamus, leave."

"No." He seemed transfixed by her shoulders.

Ginny sighed and wanted her wand.

Seamus finally spoke a complete sentence. "Ginny, what are you wearing?"

"Well, Seamus, I know you are dumb enough to go sleep with my bridesmaid before the wedding, but I honestly didn't think you wouldn't recognize a nightgown when you see one." she snapped, three years of worth frustration, sadness, and anger coming out with her words.

"I don't mind," he said as he attempted a sexy grin, which faded when he sneered, "You never wore something like that with me. It's for that bloody Malfoy you're shagging isn't it?"

The tension was palpable in the room. Ginny struggled to reign in her temper. "It's really none of your concern whether I'm sleeping with Draco, but you are free to leave."

"Why isn't your hair up?"

"I didn't like it."

"You did before." Seamus shot back.

"I didn't like it." Ginny repeated.

"It looks better that way. More you." Ginny's eyes narrowed, but Seamus didn't notice and rambled on. "You've changed so much, Gin. Come back to me. We'll be the same as before. We'll be happy." With that he kissed her, pulling her face forcibly toward his.

Ginny slapped him and wiped her mouth on her arm. "That was gross. Leave and don't come back." There was nothing but fury in her voice. "We'll never get together ever again, so forget about it." She stood her ground.

Seamus looked shocked, a hand on his cheek, the redness resulting from the force of the slap spreading over his face. He left, still thinking that he would get her back.

_._._._._._._._

Ginny couldn't concentrate on work that day. She had cleaned up the spilled coffee and threw away the shattered cup, but she felt like splitting apart. She had sat there, musing about Seamus. He was so different from the man she had fallen in love with years ago. And yet she still felt the sting of hurt...

Nor could she feel comfortable with Draco that night in his flat. She couldn't shake off the feeling that she wasn't telling him something. Well, I'm not telling him about Seamus, she thought. The problem was that she wasn't sure how he would react to her ex-boyfriend, no, her ex-fiancé. Just the fact that she had almost married the bastard just made everything more complicated.

"Ginevra? Are you alright?"

Ginny shook her head, and then she nodded. She shook her head again. Upon rediscovering she had a voice, she said, "No, I'm fine." She tried to smile, but even she could sense the spuriousness of the attempt.

Draco's eyes were a soft grey. He looked her over, sensed that she wasn't telling him something, and asked, "Do you want to tell me something?"

Ginny jerked her head up. "What?" She hesitated. "No, nothing." Inwardly, she cursed herself, wincing visibly at her response. Why couldn't she just spit out the words? She got up and moved toward the kitchen, avoiding his gaze.

Draco sighed. "Alright then." He couldn't help feeling betrayed that she wouldn't tell him. Maybe it isn't anything important, like she's tired of being hounded by the reporters day in and day out, he thought hopefully.

Ginny came back and Draco tugged at her until she relented and curled up on his lap. He rested his cheek against her soft hair, and she snuggled into his warmth as his arms came around her.

This is so right, she thought sleepily. Draco was encompassing her, surrounding her until all she could feel was Draco, day by day. Moments later, all her thoughts were of him, her problems forgotten.

_._._._._._._._

But they were back the next day. Her hands trembled as she shut off the alarm, almost waiting for another disruption from Seamus. She wondered why she didn't just tell Draco. That would solve a lot of her problems. Yet she went through her day, but got off work early and took the finished wedding favours to Hermione.

Hermione was again rushing around, checking this and that, but she stopped once she saw Ginny's face.

"Ginny? Are you okay?"

Ginny nodded too enthusiastically, clearly showing her distress. She blinked rapidly, as if she was trying hard not to cry. "No."

Hermione was reminded of Ginny's wedding. She had said the same thing in the same tone. Hermione had never forgotten the despair in her voice that day. "What's wrong?" she said gently.

"Seamus –"

"Gin, don't tell me that you're still, " Hermione paused, "pining over him?"

Ginny shook her head. "No."

"So what's wrong?" Hermione pressed."

"He's back." Ginny said in a rush, the words running together.

Hermione's eyes widened and she sat down abruptly. "Bloody hell."

Ginny nodded.

It was clear to Hermione what had happened. Seamus had obviously found out about Draco and came back to take Ginny, the woman who had been a mere girl when he had left her. "That bastard." she whispered.

Ginny murmured, "I don't know what to do."

"Has he done anything?" Hermione's lips were pursed in a very McGonagall-like fashion.

"Not really, but he's asked me to go back to him –"

Hermione cut her off. "You can't even be considering that."

"No, I'm not. But what about Draco? I need to tell him."

"Then do it."

"I can't. And he knows something is up. I can sense it." Ginny wailed.

"You need to tell him, Gin." Ginny tried to interrupt, but Hermione keep talking. "No have to. Before he finds out on his own."

_._._._._._._

Draco was over at Ginny's for dinner that night. He couldn't help noticing that she was extremely nervous, dropping plates and missing the pot when she poured the water in for boiling. He finally had to stop her and order something from the diner on the corner so she wouldn't hurt the dinner or herself.

They sat there, a box of take-out and a bottle of pumpkin juice between them. Ginny nibbled half-heartedly at her food, her thoughts clearly elsewhere. Draco watched her, noticing the faint redness of her eyes and the painfully alert way she was sitting, as if she expected something to jump out at her.

Draco had to excuse himself from the table, telling Ginny he had to go to the bathroom. He leaned against the counter, splashing cool water on his face. What in Merlin's name is wrong? He wondered over and over again.

Coming out of the bathroom, he faced the guestroom that he had stayed in so many months ago, that one time when he had locked himself out of his flat. He felt an urge to go in there. Perhaps everything would be clearer once he buried himself briefly in those lavender smelling sheets.

Once he entered the room, however, the first smell that wafted toward him was not the delicate lavender he remembered. Instead, it smelled faintly masculine, a sickly sweet smell that overpowered his senses.

Draco wrinkled his nose. What he saw next made him dizzy.

There on the slightly mussed sheets was a black tie. Beside it lay a coat. Not just any coat, a man's coat. He picked it up, fingering the expensive fabric.

It was like a nightmare.

He walked out, grabbing the coat and tie on the way out. He stormed toward the dinner table, where Ginny stood up upon seeing him.

"I need to talk to you." Her tone was resolute.

He held up the tie. "Damn right you do."

Ginny stared at him. "What –"

"Don't do that, Ginevra. It's just not attractive." he snapped.

"I really have no clue –" she drifted off when she finally saw the tie in Draco's hand. "What is that?"

"Well, it's a tie."

"I know. But it's not yours."

"I know it's not mine." He held up the coat. "Neither is this. I found them in the guest bedroom, on top of the bed."

Ginny's eyes widened as the significance came to her. "Shit."

_._._._._._._._

Seamus hummed to himself as he walked toward Ginny's flat. He muttered, "Malfoy must have found the tie by now, it's nearly been a week," and snickered as he thought of the fight that must have occurred.

Ginny was probably heartbroken, and who was there to pick up the pieces? He laughed out loud.

Seamus twirled the key to the flat around his finger, walking up the steps. The first thing to do, he thought, is to get us a decent flat. Of course, she would have to move to Ireland. It wouldn't do for her to stay in England while he played Quidditch for Ireland.

I still love her and she must still love me. Everything would be like it once had.

_._._._._._._._

Draco growled. "Explain."

"Listen, please, I didn't do anything!" she pleaded before she was overrun by a torrent of words.

"The hell you did! I find a room reeking of cologne and some guy's clothes on your bed and you still have the gall to lie to me. Just admit it. Was I not good enough for you? You could have just said so." He turned and left for the kitchen, too angry to face her.

Seamus, Ginny thought, it must have been him who planted those things. What a fool I was, not to have noticed it. Before she could voice the thought, the door swung open.

"Ginny?" Seamus came through the door.

"I thought I told you not to come back." Ginny said quietly, too tired and heart heavy to yell.

"Gin, my love, has that cheating bastard left you already?"

"Leave. It's none of your business."

Seamus gritted his teeth. This wasn't the way it was supposed to work. She was supposed to come crying to him, telling him what a stupid git Malfoy was, how she wanted to go back to him. The anger blinded him and words poured out of his mouth. Words he hadn't meant to say. "What do you mean; it's none of my business? I am going to get you back. It should have worked already."

Draco walked out of the kitchen. His eyes held a steely glint that Ginny had seldom seen. They swept over Seamus, and Draco's jaw clenched.

"You son of a bitch. It just wasn't enough to break Ginevra's heart, was it? You had to come here and destroy her again." And to think he nearly succeeded. If he hadn't come through the door, bragging about taking her back again, Draco would have left Ginny right then and there. Betrayal was something he couldn't take, not after ...everything.

Seamus' jaw dropped. "What are you doing here?" He was supposed to be gone.

Ginny grinned savagely. "It's over, Seamus."

Seamus realized his fatal mistake. He had arrived at the most critical time for Draco to break up with Ginny. He had put everything out into the open.

Draco wasn't finished. "You're pathetic. You left her and now you're expecting her to crawl back to you. Well, we have news for you, Finnigan." Here Draco crossed the room to Ginny's side and put an arm around her. "You aren't going to break us up. So as Ginevra here said, give up."

Seamus clenched his fist. "As if you could ever make her feel what I made her feel. You're a Malfoy. Nothing but a Malfoy. The low of the lowest. One day she's going to wake up next to you and wonder why she ever dated you." He turned to Ginny. "And you. You know why I slept with her? Because you were never any good."

Ginny's face fell. Her eyes glimmered with unshed tears. She turned to Draco and buried her face in his chest. His arms came protectively around her.

"Think about what I said. You'll regret everything." Seamus left, slamming the door behind him.

Draco stood there, holding Ginny. He took a deep breath.

"Ginevra, please don't cry. We'll talk, okay? Don't worry. Just sit tight – " he placed her on the sofa, watching helplessly as she curled up around a pillow, sobbing. "— and I'll be back before you know it."

He thought quickly once he was outside. Seamus was an idiot; he was probably walking down those steps. Draco ran toward them, thundering down them.

He caught up with Seamus in the lobby. He felt in his pocket for his wand. He cursed himself when he couldn't find it, meaning that he'd left it upstairs.

It didn't matter. "Finnigan!" he called. When Seamus turned, Draco punched him.

Seamus crashed to the floor, cradling his jaw. He got up, but Draco placed a foot on his chest, preventing any further movement.

"See here, you bastard. You're so lucky I have to get back to Ginevra. I could stay here and punch you all day. That was for Ginevra. You have no right to say that to her. You're also in luck, because you won't have to apologize, because you're never going to see her again. So give up and go crawling back to Ireland. Or better yet, go to hell."

Draco left, looking like a fallen angel as he strode toward the stairs again.

_._._._._._._

Ginny was still crying when he walked inside the flat. She didn't even know why she was crying. Maybe it was the hurt all over again, how she had been dumped so harshly at the altar. Or maybe because she was feeling insecure again. Or maybe it was because what Seamus had said was partly true.

Draco sat next to her.

She lifted her head, tears still running down her face. Then she turned away from him, unable to face his gaze. It was like he could see right through her.

"Ginevra –"

Her voice came out choked. "Tell me you cursed him with something horrible."

"No, I didn't. I punched him.

Ginny sat up, her tears drying unexpectedly. She faced him, smiling sadly. "Really?"

"Yeah. The first time I did that. We Malfoys have class, you know."

Ginny laughed softly. "You do."

Draco was reminded painfully of Seamus' words.

As if you could ever make her feel what I made her feel. You're a Malfoy. Nothing but a Malfoy. The low of the lowest. One day she's going to wake up next to you and wonder why she ever dated you.

Draco shook his head. Now was not the time to worry about that. He looked at Ginny. "Ginevra, you know I – I didn't mean to – I shouldn't have –"

Ginny shook her head. "No, it's my fault." She knew it was hard for Draco to apologize. "I was going to tell you." There was a sharp intake of breath. It was time to tell the truth, the whole truth. "He came in here about a week ago."

Draco snarled. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Ginny turned away again. Her voice was small when she answered. "I thought I could handle it on my own. Get rid of him once and for all. Forever."

Draco suddenly realized something. Even now, what damage Seamus had done was still there, no matter what he had done to soothe it. It was something she needed to come to terms with. Only she could overcome this.

He started speaking again. "Ginevra. I've told you before, and I'll tell you this forever. You're a wonderful person. You're kind, you're beautiful, and you're intelligent. There is no reason at all why anyone should leave you. He'd be a fool to let you go." The words are old but always true, Draco thought. He closed his eyes. He hated to press it now, but he needed to ask. "Did you – did you actually – did you sleep with him?"

Ginny looked up, into his deep silver eyes. Slowly, she shook her head. "No."

Draco kissed her, hard, the rush of warmth both from the woman he was kissing and the revelation that Ginny had never been with the bastard surrounding him.

He finally let her go, and she smiled at him, a genuine smile.

"Then why did he say –"

Ginny shrugged. "I guess he knew I would take it a different way. I refused to sleep with him, see? He kept asking, but I always said no."

There was more to the story, but Ginny couldn't speak because Draco had reached for her again.

_._._._._._._

It was amazing how much better Ginny felt the next day. It was unlikely that Seamus would come back to harass her. But there was just something that she needed to do...

"Grace?"

"Yes Ginny?" Grace said as she peeked through the door.

"Do you think you can just put the remaining work on my desk? I'll be back later." Ginny said.

Grace nodded. "Sure."

Ginny walked out the door, striding confidently, her manner revealing that her pulse beat faster or how she wanted to run back to work. Within minutes, she arrived at the Leaky Cauldron.

"Hi Tom," she greeted the bartender, "Do you think you can help me?"

"Of course." he said, smacking his toothless gums together. "What can I do for you, Miss Weasley?"

"I need to know which room Seamus Finnigan is staying in." Ginny figured that the only hotel-like place for wizards around this area was the Leaky Cauldron.

Tom eyed her. "Alright." He consulted a worn notebook that looked like it had seen better days. "He's in room 18. It's just upstairs and down the third hallway, to the right."

"Thank you, Tom."

She climbed the stairs, dreading what she would find at the top. Reaching room 18, she knocked on the door.

Seamus had been packing, judging by the way the suitcase was open behind him and the socks he was folding in his hands. He was surprised, but the surprise turned into a grin, which turned into a grimace when he stretched a muscle in his bruised face.

Ginny inwardly laughed at Seamus' visage. Draco really did a number on him, she thought. Serves him right. "Seamus? I just need to talk to you." She paused and added quickly, "I won't take long."

"Take all the time you need." Seamus obviously thought she had come back to him.

"I'm not coming back to you." It was blunt, but it was all for the best right now. Seamus' face fell.

"What? Then what are you doing here?"

"I'm saying goodbye." Ginny's face was calm.

"Right." Seamus' eye twitched.

"First of all, I just want to say that you're not a bad person. You just made bad choices and you're not for me."

"Who are you to come here and lecture me on –"

"Listen. But I'm happy now. I'm sorry if that angers you, but I am. I've never been happier."

"He's a bloody Malfoy! Did you forget –"

"No I didn't. I just simply saw a different side of him. He'll always be Draco Malfoy, but he's matured. I'm going to be with him."

Seamus yelled, "No, you can't. Why can't you just come back? I love you, Gin. Please." He knelt at her feet, looking up at her through those blue eyes. Those blue eyes that she had once loved.

Silver.

Not blue.

Silver.

Ginny sank unto her knees to face Seamus. She laid a hand on his cheek and clasped his hand in her other one. "I did love you. But whatever happened between us ended it. You fell in love with a girl, Seamus. I'm a woman now. And I need a man, not a boy."

She gently removed her hand from his. Looking back one last time, she saw him kneeling there, staring after her, utter defeat in his blue eyes.

Hello!

Hope you like the chapter.

Please review and vote.

Much Love,

Firefly15

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

211K 9.7K 30
A few years after the Battle Of Hogwarts and Harry is getting married. To Ginny Weasley. He hasn't dated anyone else so why would he marry anyone el...
167K 4.4K 37
Draco Malfoy has been cursed to die in a year. The only way to break the bloody curse is for his school enemy (and long time crush) Harry Potter, to...
66.9K 1.5K 24
Two people pushed together by pressure from family members creates something deeper than they could ever imagine. draco malfoy post-war fanfiction
1.9K 80 20
Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy have just agreed to the marriage of their son Draco with Astoria Greengrass. Will Draco manage to escape a marriage of convenienc...