GHOST CABIN ☆ EARTHMIX AU

By scorpiostarlight

Legend says that ghosts can be brought back to life if they find someone who will truly love them. But who wo... More

author's intro
starring
Prologue: the late summer night 1965
Part one: forever
Part two: serial killers & ghosts
Part three: ghost cabin
Part four: worth the death
Part five: promise for life
Part six: diary
Part seven: change of mind
Part eight: butterfly effect
Part nine: lake time
Part ten: punch a ghost
Part eleven: nature, philosophy, and animals
Part twelve: a blur of life
Part thirteen: nightmare
Part fourteen: ...ever again
Part fifteen: what's my age again?
Part sixteen: wild imagination
Part seventeen: old times
Part eighteen: the crossroads
Part nineteen: ...everything has changed
Part twenty: duty calls
Part twenty-one: watching you sleep
Part twenty-two: my hope
Part twenty-three: almost I love you
Part twenty-four: friendly chat with the bear
Part twenty-five: i want to
Part twenty-six: lonely wolf
Part twenty-seven: a second chance
Part twenty-eight: too much to handle
Part twenty-nine: free fall
Part thirty: a touch of a feather
Part thirty-one: everything was blurry
Part thirty-two: thank you
Part thirty-three: mission snowmen
Part thirty-four: warmth
Part thirty-five: the blushing game
Part thirty-six: there's a ghost in the cabin
Part thirty-seven: wedding, wedding, wedding...
Part thirty-eight: i can't leave him
Part thirty-nine: we might have a little problem
Part forty: experiment called love
Part forty-one: what's that floating thing in the air?
Part forty-two: the better part
Part forty-three: illusion
Part forty-four: a dream so beautiful...
Part forty-five: burning
Part forty-six: always
Part forty-seven: the necklace
Part forty-eight: fool in love
Part forty-nine: problem on the rise
Part fifty: the earthquake
Part fifty-one: tear of a heart
part fifty-two: the betrayal
part fifty-three: everything crumbles down
part fifty-four: hopeless
Part fifty-five: the goodbye pain
part fifty-six: the blood - over a half a century old
part fifty-seven: beating heart
part fifty-eight: the chicken emergency
part fifty-nine: the evil queen is not invited
Part sixty: the new year's kiss
Part sixty-one: his personal world
Part sixty-two: the rest of our lives
Part sixty-three: that someone

Epilogue: promise kept

1.2K 90 38
By scorpiostarlight

"Beauty is the promise of happiness."

- Edmund Burke

One month later

It was the beginning of February and the couple was once again waiting for sheriff LeBlanc to come, but this time it was to pick them up.

All their belongings lay packed in their bags, sitting on the floor next to the sofa, ready to be thrown into the trunk. Mix wrapped the painting he got from Earth into their fluffy blanket, making the painting safe and saving space in the bag he would use if he folded the blanket in it.

"Do we have everything?" Mix asked as he saw Earth coming downstairs.

"Yes, I checked everything at least three times—everything's packed."

"Hmmm," Mix slightly ducked his head—a sudden nostalgia fell upon him.

And Earth being Earth of course noticed that something was wrong. He skipped the last few steps towards Mix and hugged him tightly. "What's bothering my angel?"

Mix wrapped his hands around Earth's waist and bored his head into Earth's chest, taking in the scent that always calmed him down. "I'm just a little bit sad—I'm going to miss it here."

"We could stay here, I told you it doesn't matter to me where I am as long as I am with you," Earth pressed a kiss on the crown of Mix's head, brushing his fingers through Mix's silky hair.

"You weren't just flirting?" Mix giggled.

"You know I weren't."

.....

Two weeks ago Earth started a topic he was for some reason putting away for days: were they going to stay in the cabin or were they going to move?

It didn't matter to Earth but he had to ask Mix. Earth didn't want Mix to keep living in the cabin if that wasn't what Mix wanted. For Earth, living in the middle of nowhere surrounded by gorgeous calming nature but without working mobile service and other inconvenient things wasn't that bad, but he knew he couldn't expect the same from Mix. So he asked.

Mix was thinking about it way longer than Earth had expected but once he said what he had on his mind, Earth didn't mind the wait.

The plan was easy—at the beginning of February, they would leave the Ghost Cabin and go travel the world for a few months—Mix said it was to create happy memories and let Earth enjoy the world to the fullest in the way he couldn't when he was a ghost. They would travel all over the world, making sure that they will be somewhere nice and pretty during Earth's birthday. And once they get tired of travelling they would go back to Thailand, probably buying their own place and settling in. As for the Ghost Cabin, they will keep it, going there a few times a year to recharge and travel back in time with all the memories, remembering how their story had started.

It was a nice plan and Earth loved it so much. He only had one wish before they leave Canada—to visit Praewas grave.

.....

"Hello, Mix? Earth? I'm here!" the knocking of sheriff LeBlanc brought the couple back to reality.

Earth released Mix from his embrace, looking around himself one last time, "so, are you ready?"

Mix smiled, grabbing some of the bags, "yes, it's time to travel."

In the car, the sheriff looked at the back seat where both Earth and Mix sat, their hands interlocked, "so, boys, where to now? Bus station?"

"Actually, sheriff," Earth looked at Mix and then back at the sheriff, "I want to visit Praewa before we leave."

Sheriff LeBlanc nodded, turned back in his seat and started the engine, "cemetery it is, then."

.....

It was a small cemetery at the edge of the town, secluded by bushes and trees. It looked peaceful, it was quiet. Praewa's grave like all of the others was covered in a thick blanket of snow. Earth stepped closer, laying his palm on the snow, melting it under his warm touch. His other hand was still holding Mix, for some reason he couldn't let go—not when they were there, visiting his best friend, the woman who always wanted the best for him.

"Prae, how have you been? Surprised to see me here?" Earth felt Mix squeezing his hand, giving him the strength he really needed. Seeing Praewa's grave shook him more than he thought it would.

"I miss you, Prae. I hope you miss me too. But that's not why I'm here today. Let's turn the page to something happier, alright?" Earth looked at Mix and pulled him closer, "it worked, Prae. You kept your promise. I'm alive, because of you—because of your grandson." The first tear started rolling down Earth's face, dropping on the snow-covered grave of his best friend.

"Thank you for everything you've done for me. Without you, I wouldn't be able to hold the most important person in my arms. Thank you for never giving up. Thank you for teaching me to have hope. Rest well, Prae, for you deserve it more than anyone else."

Earth felt Mix's arms pulling him into a hug, rubbing soothing circles on his back. He let Mix hold him there, while he let out the tears he held in himself for so long. It was over, Praewa could finally rest without wondering if there was something else she could do for Earth.

"Shhh, it's okay, you are okay. I love you," Mix was whispering soothing words to Earth, trying to calm his tears.

Earth wiped his tears away, letting go of Mix, he tried to smile, "Yes, I'm alright. We are alright."

"Would you be okay if I say something or do you want to wait in the car?"

"It's okay, go on. I'll be fine," Earth said.

"Alright," Mix nodded, turning towards his grandmother's grave. "Hi, granny," he smiled, "as you can see, I did listen to your words and yeah okay—ghosts do exist. I just...thank you. Thank you for insisting on me coming here, thank you for giving me the chance to meet Earth. I love him, granny, I really do. I never thought that I will be as happy as I am now. You made all of this possible, so I think you deserve the grandmother of the century award, am I right?" Mix could hear Earth's soft chuckle behind him, making him smile too. "We have to go, granny. But I promise we'll come back to see you. Until then, don't miss us too much."

With that Mix turned around, grabbed Earth's hand and started walking away, "that was more emotional than I was expecting."

"Good," Earth nodded, "I think we both needed it."

"Yeah. But now no more tears. I wanna see that beautiful smile of yours."

Earth smiled at Mix, "this one?"

"Uhmm," Mix smiled too. "So, boyfriend, where is our first destination?"

Earth stopped and kissed Mix right in front of the sheriff's car, "wherever as long as it's with you."

The End

P.S. GHOST CABIN IS OFFICIALLY OVER! 🥳😭

wow, another journey is over. Mix successfully brought Earth back to life and I successfully wrote a happy ending for an AU that has a ghost as the main character—Yaaaaay for me!🤣

But the biggest thank you belongs to all of you who stuck around and cheered me up with your comments and votes. 🤎❤🥺I hope you have enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. It was way different from Midnight Race so at first, it took me a minute to adjust to a different genre while I was writing.

But for those who miss the Midnight Race vibe, I have good news—the first two chapters of my 3rd EarthMix AU—Burning Pleasure are already out! 🥳And the vibe of it is definitely closer to Midnight Race than to Ghost Cabin. So, if you are interested I'll be happy if you check it out.

Anyway, enough rambling, Luci! Once again, thank you so so sooo much for reading Ghost Cabin and remember I LOVE YOU.😘

!!!!!
Hello sweethearts. A little update regarding Ghost Cabin...I'll start posting Ghost Cabin drabbles on my twitter (the link is in my bio). Many of my amazing readers asked me for Ghost Cabin book 2 but as I said I'll be really busy soon so I can't do that but what I can do is to give you drabbles once or twice a week. It'll be continuation of Ghost Cabin so basically EM's adventures after they left Canada. So if you want to have some more of fluffy EM from Ghost Cabin then come to say Hi on twitter.

Love, Luci ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244 7 13
Kevin and his friend from elementary school, along with his other friends are just finishing up their sophomore year of high school. Relationships ar...
1.7K 53 2
"Ye best start believing in ghost stories, Evie. Yer in one." Dark story. (HarryxEvie)
528 32 2
Two ghosts with no memory of their time as living humans suddenly appear outside a rich man's house. Fate may have played a dirty trick in bringing t...
60.6K 1.2K 9
Believing for someone who doesn't exist never bothered the mind. The only thing that bothers are the crazy people outside Why does everybody seems t...