The Royal Scandal | Prince Wi...

By Antoinette_II

The only royal role she would get to play would be Aurora in Sleeping Beauty. The future King of England had... More

The Royal Scandal
Act I ~ The Pawn
Part I: Send Off
Letters
Let's Celebrate 18
Shy First Encounter
You Again!?!
How Was Your Date?
I'm Fine
Tis the Season... But It's September
Delicate Forces
The Prophesied Fall
Royal Movies
Circa Regna Tonat
Down to the Wire
Finding Home
Here We Go Again
Good Morning
The Chase
The Start of Disaster
Unimpressed With Her
Hold Me Till Dawn
Late Night Calls
Unravelling the Web
The Prince and the Girl
She's Here With You
Can The World Crush Her?
Opening Night
The Fall
If You Love Her
The Flame
Ready For More
We Are Strong
She Is Power
Dance In Your Blood
American Royalty
Tonight We Can Dream
Our Star Crossed Love
Family Matters
Someone Unexpected
The Conversation
The Return
Part II: Homecoming
Welcome to Podunk Illinois
Miracles
The Lesson
Missing You
The Royal Screw Up
Wedding Bells
Oh... It's You
The Calm
The Storm
Give It Time
Enough
Big Change... Is Coming
Pride
Around and Around We Go
Are You a Winner?
Remembering Passion
Testing
Interlude 2007-2009
ACT II ~ The Rook
Part III: Never a Bride
Space to Think
What We Do For Love
Sins of the Father
The Waiting Game
Easy With You
Play the Game
Sugar Plums and Wedding Bells
This Time Next Year
What Makes a Slyph
The Long Goodbye
The Introduction
Goodbye Jaclyn Webber
All That We've Come From
Here Comes the Bride
Like the Sun Has the Moon
The Duke and Duchess
Part IV: Next Chapter
Big News
Second Guessing
Broken Bodies, Broken Hearts
Flowers Help Heal
Important Questions
Pretty Pretty Girl
What's in Your Head?
You Misunderstand Me
It's That Time of Year
Not the Time for Christmas Cheer
Oh Baby
An Heir for an Heir
Guilt
Getting Back To Normal
Shock Factor
A Princess is Named
Act III ~ The Knight
Interlude 2013-2016
Part V: Commander Cambridge
Cause to Celebrate
Doing Good
Indomitable
Careful Where You Tread
Whispers in Corners
Milestones Pass By
Me? Plotting?
It's Like A Sport
Eyes on Me
Pretty Things
Snow Fall in Summer
Part VI: Old Wounds Leave Scars
New Addition
The Root of All Problems
Be Warned
I Have Thorns Too
Bruises That Don't Disappear
This Distance Between Us
Double Trouble
So It Begins
Stained Red
Is This My Legacy?
When Duty Calls
Leave Us In Ruins
Curtain Call
I Bleed Red
Rise From Your Ashes
Rose Colored
The World is Too Much
Old Memories
Turning Tables

Fallout

5.9K 227 39
By Antoinette_II

July 1, 2007

It could have been the day, the reason for the very concert, the memories, or even the sleep deprivation, but William's anxiety lurched the second he realized Jaclyn was late. His Jaclyn who considered thirty minutes early to be on time. It was Harry's assurance that they were probably giving Caleb extra time to rest that got William to start the sound check with the crew.

It only took ten minutes for him to lose it, and send his personal security to go find them. After that he pushed through twenty more minutes of prepping, checking his watch every chance his mind told him to, and focusing more on the entrances than on the actual task.

No one realized it, but Jaclyn was his safety, the precaution put in place to tame him in all ways possible.

"Your Royal Highness..." He turned to face the stuttering voice, one of the assistants that helped backstage for the concert. "There's been an accident-"

But he didn't need to hear more.

At that moment his world fell away, and he was fifteen again trailing behind his mother's casket. A place he never wanted to be, but was forced to be because the public would think him heartless otherwise. The only comfort that day had been his grandfather beside him. Now he was alone, helpless as the Webber's came in.

His vision turned red. Michelle and Brad trying to comfort a screaming and sobbing Caleb who covered his eyes painfully. They kept glancing behind them, clearly worried for their daughter, but held back by Caleb's hands and the wave of security guards surrounding her. Jaclyn was shuffling along, supported by people on both sides as she wobbled on her scabbed, bruised, and bloody legs. Her eyes couldn't seem to focus, and her head lulled from side to side as if she might just pass out. A gash spread from her hairline to right above her eyebrow, blood falling freely across the side of her face, and she didn't seem to notice.

William ran to her, close enough to inspect everything. Her glazed and bleary eyes told him everything. The paparazzi did this.

"Your Royal Highness, she needs medical help, and I would suggest her family get checked as well. The youngest especially seems to have a light sensitivity problem." William nodded to the man, who handed Jaclyn off to him carefully, and everyone stepped back as the Webber's followed him. They all knew what was to come once the prince was sure Jaclyn would be alright.

"Jac," he whispered softly aware that her ears could still be pounding. His hand caressed her cheek watching as she relaxed into his touch, eyes drooping tiredly. "I'm fine," she whispered voice fragile. She was glass under his touch, her thick skin worn to tatters over the situation. A situation he was still partly in the dark about.

The big question was on the tip of his tongue, and more than that he wanted to scream and curse every last person that hurt them. When he turned to face Brad, who looked faint and dazed himself, the man simply glanced at the gathering people. This was not the right place.

In the private box that overlooked the stadium, Michelle finally collapsed in a chair, and with the noise evaporating around them slowly Caleb was calming down in her lap. Even Brad, who hardly ever shed his tough guy act, sank into a chair beside his wife and rubbed at his head.

William had to guide Jaclyn to sit down or she would have stayed pressed to him. He himself probably would've preferred that, but someone needed to get her cleaned up. It was the gash above her forehead he was worried about. It must not have been too bad because she was still walking, but he didn't want to take a chance when it was still profusely bleeding. Her bloodied knees didn't seem awful, but he winced to think of how she would manage to dance tomorrow knowing everything would bruise.

Thankfully the stadium had a nurse on hand at all times to handle minor injuries, and while the woman got to work William paced. Hand grasping his chin as he did, sending weary looks back at Jaclyn. Her eyes were focusing, and her knees were bandaged, but blood was still seeping from her head, drying to crust over skin and tainting her once luminous hair. His fist down at his side clenched, and he continued pacing.

William was not one for speculation, but in his heart he knew that one day she would be his duchess, his princess, his queen.

God help the fools who dared hurt his queen.

"What happened?" He asked before his heart got too far ahead of his mind. Jaclyn watched him move with lidded eyes, but sat upright one hand holding an ice pack to her head while the other sat calmly in her lap.

"We were walking to the stadium, and before you scold me, I know it was foolish." She snaps, her glare, while not as sharp as usual, was enough to make him rethink for a moment. "I wanted to show my parents some of the city. Besides the press have been leaving me alone mostly, and it was early enough I didn't think they'd be out."

"You're not telling me what happened."

"You have to promise to keep calm," she whispered. As the minutes passed slowly she was becoming more alert. Aware that her parents were trying to console Caleb while inconspicuously listening in. More importantly she could see the anger he tampered down, slowly it was coming out, washing over him limb by limb until his body was tension ridden and shaking.

"Jac, look what they did to you." William tried not to shout, aware of how their heads must still be pounding, but he wanted her to feel his desperation. To clutch his fear in her hands, and understand why he was so shaken and worried.

"I'm fine-"

"This time," he stopped her, turning his pacing so they could truly look each other in the eyes. "What about next time? What about when they're bold enough to chase your car into a wall? What happens when they're the cause of your death?"

Michelle gasped, no longer trying to hide her eavesdropping. Jaclyn's spun between the occupants in the room, her raging boyfriend, ghostly pale mother, and oddly silent father.

"We will not have this conversation here," she hissed, jumping up too quickly, teetering on her raw legs. Instinctually, he lunged to hold her up, but she stood upright before he could do more.

"Your parents deserve to know the dangers."

"They know," she snapped, blue eyes flickering in their direction in worry before she sank back down into the chair. Hands massaging at her temple.

"What happened?"

Silence again, Caleb's sniffled talking quieting to white noise as Jaclyn shifted her gaze back up. Blue eyes heavy in her head. She was thinking ahead, aware of the backlash that would rain down on them if he snapped. "You have to promise to not act brashly. I don't want you to do something you'll regret."

By tomorrow, maybe even in a few hours, he would appreciate her caution. Right now he was close to marching outside the stadium and strangling the first photographer he saw.

"Trust me, whatever I do end up doing I won't regret. Not when they did this to you." She didn't believe him, but she stayed silent, focused on her parents who were trying just as hard to decipher her calculative mind. Internally it made him smile.

"They jumped us." Jaclyn looked down, mussed hair hiding her shame. William wanted to take her hand, but he didn't trust himself. He could squeeze it too tight, unleash his anger on the wrong person. "Caleb got scared by the ones behind us and ran off. I went after him, but we were caught by more and split from our parents. They trapped us in a circle, and I couldn't get out no matter how much I tried. It was only when the security got there that we were able to get out."

She looked up, anticipating his reaction, and bracing for it. He had no doubt she was ready to hold him back if he tried to make a run for the door, but he stayed. Holding her stare until his head stopped playing tricks on him. We're his hand shaking? Could they all see?

"They've gone too far this time."

"Will-"

"No!"

His chest pounded with ragged fearful breaths as he whirled around with her. His expression was twisted and his gaze was erratic, but how could she be so calm? So naive as to think this would be the worst of it, that it wouldn't go further.

"I'm sorry, but you don't get to reason with me on this. These people killed my mother. I know I don't show it, but it eats at me everyday knowing she's missed out on my life, knowing she'll never meet you. I couldn't do anything back then, but I'll never forgive myself if I let this go and then the same thing happens to you."

"It won't." She stood again, grasping his hand for support before stumbling once more. Her other hand cusped his cheek, turning his head down so he was once again forced to see how sure she was.

"You don't know that. I won't let them take you from me." His larger hand covered hers. She's right in front of you, his mind soothed, she's not going anywhere, she's safe.

"Hey," and even bloodied and dazed her little smile charmed his heart, "I'm scared too, and I think something should be done, but not today. Don't let those people take away from this concert, and your mother and her legacy."

"What do you propose we do?"

She smiled again, eyes turning up in thought. "I think you should go back to sound check, and I'll take my seat with my family in the audience. Be as unbothered by the situation as we can, and not give them power over us."

-----

This section is heavily inspired by the Kate Grahn song "Loves Me Not" listen to that if you haven't it's absolutely beautiful

The concert started relatively on time considering how the morning started. With William and Harry backstage, Chelsy was Jaclyn's unofficial bodyguard with her parents and brother always close behind. Kate and Charlie surveying the crowd and bringing up the rear.

Olivia scoffed under her breath, rolling eyes landing right on the back of the blonde girls head. Olivia wasn't permitted a spot in the VIP section, no doubt thanks to American girl herself, instead she had to stand just behind the roped off section. Close enough to still socialize, but separate enough for people who saw pictures to know the truth.

Olivia wasn't the only one shamelessly staring at Jaclyn, some even were gaping, but surely that was the effect she wanted with her beaten up knees and cut head on full display. Any proper lady would've covered them up, but Jaclyn would always be a performer first. The world was her stage and life a show.

People were eating it up just as they did when she danced. Friends of the family, from school, socialites... Anyone who would've turned their nose up at Jaclyn just the day before was suddenly elbowing their way in front of Olivia to offer their apologies. The story broke almost instantly online, and the different news stations were even using live footage, so everyone knew the exact details.

Jaclyn for her part played the role of demure darling perfectly. Humble and kind and sweet beyond belief as she talked to each person.

"He'll love you forever now," Olivia huffed the second the last person left. Jaclyn spun around, her eyes already setting Olivia with a daring look, practically goading her to continue when it should have been the other way around.

Jaclyn eyed the pathetic attempt at a barrier that was between them, with weary eyes, before her unbothered stare returned. "I'm sorry what are you on about?" She spoke with a dazed quality, as if her mind was still grappling with the events of the morning.

"You're not that dense," Olivia snapped, but her cherry lips remained sweetly upturned.

Jaclyn bristled, her quirked lips the only sign that she tensed. "If you're suggesting I trapped him-"

"I'm not saying that," and she really wasn't, but Olivia knew how William thought. Jaclyn would hold his heart for the rest of her life now. Not to mention the hearts of the English people. No one could truly hate a woman who, during an unsolicited attack, threw herself over her younger brother to protect him risking her own life. The things that people hated about her would become adorable quirks that people fawned over. She would forever be a martyr now, a symbol of strength and dedication.

"No one will stand in your way now. For every person that will speak illy of you in the future, ten more will come forward and cite this mornings situation as your winning virtue." Olivia rested her hands on the divider leaning ever so slightly forward, and smiling when Jaclyn refused to move.

"I didn't ask for that," she whispered, "And if I could I would go and take it back. Even if doing so was detrimental to my relationship. I would put Caleb's wellbeing over the approval of you posh people."

They stilled, neither one ready to relent, but Olivia found herself sucking in sharply. "I don't believe that..."

But you do, her mind tisked.

Still her mouth kept moving, "You're the new Diana, anyone would kill to be you."

Jaclyn leaned back, studying her with a wide almost innocent stare like she was solving a complicated puzzle. Finally she exhaled, but Olivia only tensed, and her shoulders sagged as her head shook.

"That's the difference between you and me. I don't think what happened to me this morning was an opportunity, I think it was a nightmare. I was scared out of my mind, I still am, and I will be for a long time." She took a long shuddering breath, fingers lacing through her hair as she seemed to rile up more.

"This isn't a game, Olivia!" She hissed softly, "Diana died because she was the most photographed woman in the world, she paid for her fame with her life. You can't possibly think I find that enticing? I can't believe you find it enticing."

Olivia felt her lip quiver, her resolve falling away with each word the blonde said, and gone were her sharp and hurtful words. The words she planned to throw blindly with no real intent because she knew deep down she had no reason to hate Jaclyn Webber.

Jaclyn stepped back, but kept her gaze on Olivia, a look of pity falling over her. "Where's Oliver?" She asked.

"We broke up."

Another contemplative pause. "You can't blame him. No one wants to spend their life playing second fiddle."

Olivia wanted gape, stomp her feet, and scream about nothing being fair. Here was Jaclyn, after everything, still poised, still caring even if cold, and clearly perfect for her future. How she got to waltz into their life and manage it all, when Olivia had prepared her whole life, she would never understand.

Before either could say more William and Harry leapt into the VIP section, and immediately the taller prince was looking over his girlfriend with gentle touches and whispered questions while she assured him she was fine.

They fit together perfectly, and her heart shattered seeing it. She was unable to turn away as the couple huddled together, blind to everything else, even to her.

Olivia Richards was doomed to spend her life in love with a man who thought only of her as a college fling. When all she wanted flwas for William to look at her like she was Jaclyn Webber. No matter how much it pained her she could not deny that he was hopelessly in love, and it was not with her.

She finally looked away, facing the stage hoping to ease the wobbling in her lip before a tear escaped. As much as she hated it, they made each other complete. Jaclyn was undeniably perfect for the prince, making him complete. Olivia wanted to hate her for that, wanted to spew lies and claims about the girl being a seductress, but...

She couldn't, not when it clearly wasn't true.

-----

Williams arms were wound around her waist the second they were back together, and all the built up stress eased away, rolling down her back.

"I've missed you," he mumbled into her temple quickly.

"It's been less than an hour," Jaclyn laughed. She was aware of everyone around them, and of the limited space between Will and her, but after everything she didn't care. Her sigh was content as she leaned further into him. "It's been a day."

He mumbled his agreement, turning her around so her back pressed into his chest as the concert continued. They lingered only a few more seconds before reluctantly separating. Their hands stayed pressed together, a touch someone would have to squint to see.

As the night progressed her toe tapped and her head bobbed in time, but nothing more than that. She wasn't about to embarrass herself and dance about like some many others. The music was a great lift to her spirit and the secret whisperers William shared with her, and the occasional lock of their fingers was enough to keep her smiling.

It only faltered when a flash went off, completely on the other side of the stadium, but she still jumped. Will's hand the anchor that kept her from thrashing as her head shot to the side where the press were huddled. For the first time since arriving she felt self conscious.

She knew her knees looked beat up, and her head was still cut open. Perhaps, it would've been smart to cover them up as Kate had suggested before they had all come out, but angrily she didn't want to. Will had his lapse in judgement, and she acted as his voice of reason, but in the end she suffered through the trauma. Bent over her little brother scared for her life.

Let them see what they did to me, she thought bitterly side eyeing the photographers that were fenced into one section of the arena.

"Don't let them ruin this day," he said. Her earlier words enough to snap her head back to him.

"I'm okay." She didn't need to say, but she almost had to hear it. An affirmation for just as much a reminder for him.

He nodded, "Of course you are."

The English National Ballet took their spots, and above them a video started to play. Clips of rehearsals and performances, and shots of Diana herself talking with the performers; and it made everything more real.

"The marvelous thing about Diana was her knowledge, she knew very much about the art form. She knew very, very mush a put ballet. I mean, she knew what the steps were called, how hard it was for the dancers to do certain things, she had a great understanding of classical ballet having been trained herself." Derek Deane, the artistic director, said, clearly passionate about the woman.

If she were younger she would've cried, upset and lost over the fact that they were both winds rushing by. Never destined to meet, and share their passion. But it was comforting to know they both would have gotten on. To even think there was still a part of Diana that existed on the stage.

The company did their dance dedicated to the princess, and Jaclyn clapped louder than anyone else when it was done. Swan Lake often had that effect on her though.

Elton John returned to the stage as the sky darkened and the night was drawing to a close, and the familiar tune from the night before trickled up from the piano to the stands. She gasped as the lyrics of Tiny Dancer started, and Will took her hand and spun her around.

Her heart jolted happily, and her hands rested on his shoulders as they swayed. "I hope you know you're my tiny dancer," he then hummed along to the song, "You'll marry a music man."

Jaclyn smirked, fingers twisting up to briefly play with his hair before relaxing. "Do you consider yourself a music man?"

"Do you?"

The world's eyes were on them, or she would've kissed him, but she nodded her agreement nonetheless.

-----

F

inally! One more chapter, and it's the Balmoral one! I'm also almost done with school so hopefully my inspiration picks up. I don't know what it is, but the last two weeks every time I sat down to write I just got stressed that I wasn't working on homework or projects.

All that aside can we just talk about how the Will and Jac are both acknowledging that they're going to get married now? Ugh I love them so much ❤️❤️❤️

Let me know what you guys think, I love hearing what you have to say!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7K 676 23
in which a young queen is in the prime of her life without the love of her life tom holland [3] (all plots and characters of my creations are...
154K 2.3K 26
Imagine if Prince Charles and Princess Diana had a daughter. Now 23 years later, Princess Gwendoline deals with paparazzi, life and love. Everyone st...
56.9K 544 47
' 𝘪'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘫𝘶𝘮𝘱 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰' when nicholas and may get married, they embark on a new journey together. but wh...
1.4K 21 24
Aurora is a simple country girl whom on her birthday took a day trip to the castle. On her eighteenth birthday a series of unaccountable events happe...