Lovely Twins

By KaeNawa

The beautiful Athanasia was killed at the hands of her own biological father, Claude de Alger Obelia, the col... More

Adrastos and Athanasia
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
OMAKE
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

33

4.2K 194 13
By KaeNawa

***warning: might have some gruesome scenes ahead***

"Sir, another corpse."

Pulling back his hood, a ragged sigh escaped the young knight's lips. Felix Robane turned sad grey eyes towards the young child's corpse that had been found by his men once more.

For once in eight years, Felix had been tasked to leave the palace grounds, leave his Highness and the young Imperial twins to oversee a mission at the outskirts of Obelia, near the foreign borders of Arlanta, specifically, the small kingdom of Atlantis.

Usually, Felix would have been glad for the change of pace.

But not on a mission like this.

"Bring her to the others," he commanded softly to his men who nodded solemnly, and left just as quietly.

Turning his gaze to the silent houses that surrounded him, he placed a hand against the ash-covered structure. 'What could have caused this genocide?'

Dead bodies from every household, all seemingly to have been caught unaware as if an intruder went to each home at the same time, killing everyone simultaneously.

"Sir! I found something..." hearing the hesitation in the soldier's voice, the right hand man of Claude frowned.

"Show me"

Arriving at the most outer part of the town, the knights that neared the location grimaced at the pungent decaying smell that is familiar with their line of work. Felix's eyes darkened as he approached the lone home at the outskirts, separated from the other buildings. The small home was a two-story house that seemed to be cozy at first glance.

Passing by a small gardening patch of land, he could immediately tell that the family had provided well for themselves. Following his soldier that had called him, he was about to question the man when he had abruptly stopped, but his voice faltered at the sight before him.

"I guess this was a fighting ground"

"More like the feasting ground for monsters."

Ignoring his mumbling troop members. The head of the knights trudged forwards with heavy steps, as heavy as his pounding heart. His eyes ransacked the carnage, hand wrapped around his sword's hilt for preparation— maybe even comfort for his hammering heart.

Nearing the carnage, a grimace plastered on the Knight's face.

Blood, dried blood painted the floors, unrecognizable bodies— seeming to be more skeleton-like rather than humanoid, lain carelessly within the pool of blood, arms stretched out as if trying to run away. A giant fissure on the ground was in the center of the pool, the darkness of the pit seemingly convincing Felix that it led to the Underworld itself.

In the center of the mess was the remains of a singular old-looking man based on the remaining structure, skin barely hanging from his bones—crucified with a pillar of black stone pierced from his back, straight out of his chest. Felix eyed the mess indifferently as he took note of the man's slacked jaw, opened for a silent scream with dead eyes blared open to the heavens.

"It seems like a sick ritual to me, sir"

Side glancing at Jasper, his second in command that had turned several shades paler than his usual tanned face, Felix hummed out in thought. 'A ritual? Could all these be the work from a cult?'

"Sir!"

At the frantic call of his soldier, the redhead approached immediately, freezing as he took note of the scene. There, a foot away from the surrounding forests, away from all the carnage of the massacred town, laid two young female teen's body. The only bodies that seemed untouched, as if they were just sleeping.

"Over here, sir" 

Confused at the paper handed to him. It was more fabric than paper, seeming as if it was ripped from a person's attire. There in the middle of it, his eyes were drawn at the singularity that was etched.

A symbol.

His grey eyes shot up to his right-hand man, an urgent look plastered on his face.

"Jasper, call your squad to stay and search for more clues." Eyes darkening as Felix immediately turned around, preparing to leave, his cloak flanking behind him with his sudden movement. "Team Alpha, with me. We're reporting this to His Majesty immediately."

"Yes, sir!"

-♕33♕-

"Take care of yourself, princess, okay?" Warm golden eyes smiled down at her, and Athy couldn't help but wipe away the tears pricking her eyes. "I will try to visit when I can. Make sure to protect your brother and father, heaven knows they need a feminine touch."

Giggling at the wink, the princess nodded, "Of course, Sister Meli," grinning vibrantly at the duchess, Athanasia smiled as much as she could despite feeling sad.

Unfortunately, the Duchess and her husband's time was up and they had to return back to their kingdom. For the past few weeks that the duchess had been present, Athy was ecstatic to have another woman with her. Much more so that she had viewed the physically older girl as someone akin to an older sister she never had. 

"Your Highness, I will remain in touch for any progress from my end." The woman bowed to her father, and Athy bit her lip in thought, wondering what had been the pressing issue that had bothered the duchess and her father the past week.

"I'll appreciate that," the stoic man nodded, jeweled eyes glancing at her and her silent brother who remained at her side, before meeting the woman's eyes once more. "Keeping touch even for trivial reasons may be fine, too"

Athy grinned, glad that the man who she had once feared allowed for her relationship with the woman to continue. Nudging her twin with her elbow, she watched amusedly when the boy refused to lift his head, stubbornly keeping it down, and gaze away from the leaving couple.

'He's sulking!' She giggled childishly within her mind, very very amused of how her baby brother could act so childishly.

"You'll regret not saying goodbye~" she whispered in a singsong voice, eyes sparkling in joy when the boy flinched.

"Come now, prince," the Duchess called out, her own golden eyes sparkling with mischief, "I'm not asking for a hug"

"Who said I'll hug you even if you ask?" Ardy finally grounded out, head lifting just a little bit.

But it was enough to showcase the glistened jewel eyes that were bright with unshed tears.

'Aw! My heart!' The reincarnated princess gushed. 'Why is my brother so adorable?!'

"I had a fun time training with you, Your Highness," the duchess calmly replied, warmly smiling, "the next time I visit, I will bring you more sparring partners if you wish?"

"Hn," Ardy huffed, looking away with flushed cheeks, "do what you want."

Chuckling, lord Nine bended down, holding out his arm to showcase something wrapped with fine fabric. "This is a gift for you, prince Adrastos"

Seeing her baby brother surprised, Athy nudged him once more to let him accept the gift. Peering over his shoulder, a gasp escaped her lips to see the black-hilted dagger that was wrapped within.

"Your gift is still in preparation, princess," the blue haired man smiled reassuringly, "we shall send it as soon as it is finished"

"Thank you lord Nine, Duchess Podebrat," Ardy softly spoke out, and Athy's heart warmed seeing his sincere smile directed towards the couple.

"Thank you!" She added, appreciative of the efforts that they had provided for both her and her brother.

With a heartfelt goodbye, Athanasia watched as the carriage was drawn away. Waiting until she could no longer see it, she wasn't surprised when the last one to leave the Garnet palace's entrance was her lonesome self.

Sighing at the fact that neither her brother nor father exchanged words once more, she huffed. "What will it take for two stubborn men to make up to each other?"

"What, did your brother and dad fight or something?"

"Lucas!" Surprised at the sudden voice, she met the familiar red eyes of the wizard who showed up out of nowhere, leaning against the nearby tree.

"Yes?"

"Where did you come from?" she wondered, walking towards the magician who simply shrugged.

"What? my job's to watch over you, innit?" poking her forehead, Athy blinked at the sudden lightness that she felt whenever he did his mana maintenance, as so he had called it. " 'nuf about that, what was that up about your bro-bro and dad?"

"Ah," Mumbling, Athy sighed as she move to stand beside the boy, "a few days ago, Ardy asked if he could attend Arlanta Academy"

Hearing a whistle, she glanced at the magician beside her. "He finally asked, huh?"

"You knew?" Athy asked, surprised at his comment

"I had an inkling," Lucas shrugged, mischievously smiling, "so, your dad said no?"

"That's the thing," she frowned as her mind wandered back to what happened that day.

Athy was so surprised at the question that the teacup within her hands slipped. Before she knew it, the loud crash came from below her, and the milk she was happily drinking was now spilled all over the floor.

"Noona!"

The worried cry of her brother made her snap back from the sight of the spilled drink. Looking up, she was met with the worried stare of her brother and the surprised look of her father.

"Felix, call for someone to clean this up. Then call on the doctor."

"Yes sir!"

Shaking her head at her father's immediate instructions, Athy tried to dissuade the man. "Papa, I'm okay! I was just surprised!"

But the man didn't listen. Before long, the doctor had arrived, affirmed that nothing was wrong, and left as soon as he came. Her father had left with instructions that both she and her brother were to rest, then had left the two alone for another emergency council meeting.

Days had passed without any tea parties, and today was the first time they had gathered together since that tea party.

"Daddy never said anything." She finally admitted, sighing heavily. "Ardy never complains or comments, but it's obvious that he's waiting for Papa to bring it up again."

"But knowing both your brother and father, none of them would bring it up," Lucas concluded, grabbing her hand before snapping.

She wasn't surprised to find herself within her room, changed out of her day clothes and into a more comfortable dress. Smiling appreciatively at the gesture, she nodded as she flopped to her lounge chaise. 

"Yep," she muttered, "and I wanna do something, I just dunno what"

"Well," the boy hummed, "do you want your brother to study abroad?"

"I don't. Being separated with Ardy somehow brings me this anxiety I can't explain." Athy admitted, her hand reaching up to clasp her chest, "but, I want Ardy to be happy, and if he wants to go to Arlanta, then I'm fine with it."

"Then tell him that"

She lifted her head, mouth open and ready to argue— but once more, surprised about their close proximity, felt embarrassed and yelped: "Too close!"

Shoving the warlock away, her eyes shut, the resounding thud that followed after made her open her eyes. Meeting the red glare of the boy sprawled in the ground— Athy giggled, before squawking when Lucas threw a pillow on her face.

Reaching out to grab her own weapon of fluffiness, thoughts that bothered her was thrown away with the sudden pillow fight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 16.2K 51
Why does Jennette get all the love while Athanasia is overshadowed by her? Claude ignores his own daughter only to dot on his niece. Life is truly un...
52.4K 1.4K 23
Set in lovely princess What if athanasia escape her execution with Lucas and started a family together 20 years later the obelian empire started to...
87K 2.9K 14
[ wattpad had deleted book 2 and 3 of my princess series. however i am still in debate whether or not to continue. i will post my decision in this bo...
182K 8.2K 73
Athanasia is an heiress to the company "Obelia". She is blessed with beauty, great leadership, and also intelligence. But she felt something was miss...