22

Adrastos folded his legs, plopping his chin on his propped up fist, he quietly stared at his sister that had fallen asleep underneath the base of the now-familiar tree. "Noona likes going here when she's stressed out from her studies," he hummed to himself, used to talking out loud just so he wouldn't forget his own voice.

His eyes softened and a warm smile tugged on his lips. His sister was now thirteen, soon she'll be of age to have her debutante. A pang of pain and guilt reminded him that he wouldn't be able to give a single dance to his sister.

Lying down on the floor, he soon started to float around his sister, pulling on the little mana he could control to let a gentle breeze surround the slumbering princess, hoping that such an action would be enough to fence of the summer heat.

It was the intrusion of an unfamiliar mana that made the ghostly prince shot up and take a defensive position before his unaware twin. Not too soon did the stranger arrive, bearing a strong aura, Adrastos narrowed his eyes at the man with raven-black hair and dangerously glowing red eyes.

"Oh? A Psychi? And here I thought you were just a regular left-over soul."

It was with a start that the prince realized that the man could see him. At once, surprise, fear, and hope filtered in his heart at the strange phenomenon, before he quickly shook it away. Glaring at the unknown, he snarled, "who are you and how did you enter Palace Grounds?"

The man yawned.

He. Freaking. Yawned.

Confused and annoyed at the response he got, a yelp escaped his lips when the man was suddenly in front of him, a sly smirk on his lips, "boy, I've been watching you and your sister for awhile now. And I offer you a proposition."

"Why the hell will I listen to you?" He immediately demanded, a distrusting frown on his face.

With a shrug, the unknown leaned back, "you don't have a choice. I'm your best bet to keep your sister alive and well."

"Yeah? And what the heck do you want?" Adrastos grounded out, still blocking his sister from the man as much as possible.

"Nothing much, just your sister's excess mana." Another smirk, "you don't have to be too high strung, I won't hurt either of you, you're both too interesting, ya know?"

This time, before Adrastos could even answer, a soft groan made both males pause. Turning to the awakening princess, Athanasia blinked in shock and confusion at the unknown man standing in front of her.

"Who are you?"

"Good day, Princess, My name is Lucas, the magician of the Black Tower," there was an extravagant bow before he stood up once more, another smirk playing on his lips, "and by your brother's wish, I am to be your guard and teacher"