33

***warning: might have some gruesome scenes ahead***

"Sir, another corpse."

Pulling back his hood, a ragged sigh escaped the young knight's lips. Felix Robane turned sad grey eyes towards the young child's corpse that had been found by his men once more.

For once in eight years, Felix had been tasked to leave the palace grounds, leave his Highness and the young Imperial twins to oversee a mission at the outskirts of Obelia, near the foreign borders of Arlanta, specifically, the small kingdom of Atlantis.

Usually, Felix would have been glad for the change of pace.

But not on a mission like this.

"Bring her to the others," he commanded softly to his men who nodded solemnly, and left just as quietly.

Turning his gaze to the silent houses that surrounded him, he placed a hand against the ash-covered structure. 'What could have caused this genocide?'

Dead bodies from every household, all seemingly to have been caught unaware as if an intruder went to each home at the same time, killing everyone simultaneously.

"Sir! I found something..." hearing the hesitation in the soldier's voice, the right hand man of Claude frowned.

"Show me"

Arriving at the most outer part of the town, the knights that neared the location grimaced at the pungent decaying smell that is familiar with their line of work

Arriving at the most outer part of the town, the knights that neared the location grimaced at the pungent decaying smell that is familiar with their line of work. Felix's eyes darkened as he approached the lone home at the outskirts, separated from the other buildings. The small home was a two-story house that seemed to be cozy at first glance.

Passing by a small gardening patch of land, he could immediately tell that the family had provided well for themselves. Following his soldier that had called him, he was about to question the man when he had abruptly stopped, but his voice faltered at the sight before him.

"I guess this was a fighting ground"

"More like the feasting ground for monsters."

Ignoring his mumbling troop members. The head of the knights trudged forwards with heavy steps, as heavy as his pounding heart. His eyes ransacked the carnage, hand wrapped around his sword's hilt for preparation— maybe even comfort for his hammering heart.