The Hero Prince (MHA x Fate)

By AnastasiusFinch

Perhaps fate's cruel and dark design will forever curse the existence of Izuku Yagi. As one of the only diffe... More

Characters' Bio [1]
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Gilgamesh's Morning
Chapter 2 - The Reject's Heroism: 10 Years Later
Chapter 3 - The Reject's Heroism: All Might
Chapter 4 - The Reject's Heroism: Gilgamesh
Chapter 5 - One for All
Chapter 6 - Izuku's Decision
Chapter 7 - Home of the Kings
Chapter 8 - The Neglection: The Plan
Chapter 9 - The Neglection: Revelation
Chapter 10 - 6 Months' Progress
Chapter 11 - Retirement Party & Arrival: Holy Grail War
Chapter 12 - Retirement Party & Arrival: All For One
Chapter 13 - Retirement Party & Arrival: Clash
Characters' Bio [2]
Chapter 14 - Entrance Exam: Unaware Reunion
Chapter 16 - Confrontation
Chapter 17 - First Day & Meeting
Chapter 18 - Liberation & Settling in
Anastasia SS: How She Came to Be
Chapter 19 - Battle Trial: Lover's Ferocity
Chapter 20 - Battle Trial: Consecutive Bouts
Chapter 21 - Battle Trial: Denouement
Chapter 22 - Media Breach
Chapter 23 - USJ: Start of the Raid
Chapter 24 - USJ: Unforeseen Support

Chapter 15 - Entrance Exam: Practical Portion

9.5K 170 68
By AnastasiusFinch

【♕ ❖✧❖✧❖ ♔】

(Izuku's POV)

Izuku: "The Wandering Tales of Shana-oh, Act four... Dan-No-Ura Eight-boat Leap!"

Seven identical clones of me appeared behind me in a brief flash of light and disappeared just as quickly as I felt power run through me and my jumping power increased greatly. I got into a stance and jumped right in the middle of the group of robots. In an instant, I cut down 4 of them, leaving 10 more robots.

I jumped onto the side of a building to gather momentum and lunged at a Three-Pointer and slashed it to pieces. I kept repeating this process until every robot in the area had been destroyed and cut to pieces. The entire process only took me 10 seconds as the nearby buildings had cracks on them from the force of my jumps. Not losing any focus, I ran to find more robots.

Izuku: 'That makes 37 points within the first minute. Goodness, I felt like Levi from that old anime, but without the Omni-directional mobility gear.'

As I was running, I heard the sound of someone cursing. I immediately went to the source of the sound as I landed on a tall building and saw two examinees surrounded by a group of 4 Three-Pointers and 3 Two-Pointers. I looked at the scene with the Wandering Tales of Shana-oh on my left hip with my hand clutching it tightly while it was in its unique sheath.

Izuku: 'It seems like they got too overconfident and got ambushed. *sighs* It's what happens when one recklessly charges at the enemy without having the strength to show for it.'

Examinee 1: "S-SOMEONE, HELP US!"

Izuku: *chuckles* "The Wandering Tales of Shana-oh, Act one... Eye of Shiva: Detecting the Six Secret Teachings!"

In an instant, the two previously trapped examinees got forcibly teleported right in front of me with their terrified expressions still on their faces. After a few seconds, one of the two seemed to understand what happened while the first examinee was still frozen in shock. An amused smirk unconsciously made its way on my face as one of them started speaking.

Examinee 2: "U-Um... Thank you for helping us out, but could you help get us down?"

Izuku: "Unfortunately, an exam is still ongoing so I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request."

Examinee 1: "Uh... Disinclined to... Agh! What the hell does that mean?!"

Izuku: "It means no."

Running to the edge of the building, I jumped from the top while my eyes were set on the group of seven robots that had ambushed the two examinees. While I was still in the air, I activated the Gate of Babylon and tore each of them apart within a few seconds using low-class arms. Once I landed on the ground safely, I couldn't hear the sounds of robots from anywhere nearby.

Izuku: 'That makes 55 points... It seems that the robots in the area have been eradicated. I should head to the tallest building and use the Gate of Babylon alongside Failnaught for long-range attacks.'

Making up my mind, I once again used the Wandering Tales of Shana-oh to relocate myself to the tallest building in the city Practice Center from what I could see from the ground. Once I made it to the building, I put the Japanese katana back in my treasury and took out a pearl-white, harp-like bow with golden designs from my treasury.

I looked at the ground below and saw multiple examinees fighting robots. I started strumming the strings on Failnaught, causing various robots to be cut down or torn apart by nigh invisible blue vacuum arrows as the examinees were questioning who was the one causing the robots to be destroyed. Taking extra care so I don't accidentally chop an examinee to pieces, I kept strumming Failnaught as I activated the Gate of Babylon above my head and synchronized my attacks.

Izuku: '...The combination of Failnaught and the Gate of Babylon certainly is potent. Good to know.'

Present Mic: "SIX MINUTES, TWO SECONDS LEFT!"

∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆

(3rd person's POV)

A dark monitoring room had all of the teachers of U.A. high school looking at the examinees with great interest. Some familiar faces were there like Aizawa, Nezu, Toshinori, and Inko. They were all happy with how talented this year's batch was. As the screen showed various examinees, a teacher, Midnight, who was wearing her Hero Costume spoke after Nezu finished his monologue.

Midnight: "This year's batch looks very promising."

Inko: "They are, especially Izumi, I'm sure."

Nezu: "Izumi's not the only promising examinee. There are still three minutes left and two examinees have already broken All Might's record of 107 Villain points and both of them are close to breaking your rescue point record of 72 points."

Toshinori: "What?! Two students have already broken my Villain point record?!"

Aizawa: "Who are they, Nezu?"

Nezu: "They seem to be siblings. Mordred and Izuku Pendragon."

Cementoss: "Pendragon? Like Artoria Pendragon?"

Inko: "...Izuku?"

Toshinori: "I met young Izuku Pendragon during Artoria's retirement party. I didn't see young Mordred, though."

Nezu: "I'm sure that Mordred had a reason for not going. On the other hand, three examinees are not that far behind the Pendragon siblings in terms of points. With the three being my niece Izumi, Astolfo, and Anastasia Fujiwara"

He said as Inko realized that this may not be her son, however, she still had her doubts. The screen showed Mordred kicking a Two-pointer at a group of other robots and throwing her sword at them before the robots exploded because of Clarent's Crimson Lightning. Another window showed Izuku running along Practice Center B's rooftops while strumming Failnaught and using his Gate of Babylon to save other examinees and destroy robots. Astolfo was also seen on the screen using his La Black Luna to annihilate a group of robots while Anastasia was using her Mana Burst to move around quickly and slash all the robots in her path while she was saving other examinees whenever she can. A window showed Izumi using her Quirk to forcefully tear apart all the robots in her way while flying.

Vlad: "Can you give us more information about the top two?"

Nezu: "Well..."

Nezu said as he got Izuku's and Mordred's applications.

Nezu: *clears throat* "Both of them are the children of Artoria Pendragon, the former No.3 Hero, Mordred is her biological daughter. However, Izuku Pendragon was adopted it says here his former name is Izuku... Yagi?"

As soon as he said that, Inko's doubts were confirmed and everybody in the room, who knew what was going on, had their jaws dropped and expressions of disbelief. Even Nezu himself did not expect Izuku to change to such a huge degree, to the point where he surpassed the No.1 Hero's seemingly unbeatable record. After a few seconds of heavy silence, Toshinori broke it with a tone unbefitting of the Symbol of Peace and a worried and anxious expression.

Toshinori: "N-No way... N-Nezu, if he is my son, then why does he have a Quirk?"

Toshinori: 'I don't want to believe it but, he might have gone to All for One.'

Inko: "Is that... m-my son?"

Nezu: "Now, now. I know what you're thinking, Toshinori. Although it's a possibility, let's not jump to conclusions lest you alienate him again. As for your question Inko, he is indeed Izuku Yagi, or rather, was Izuku Yagi. It seems that he was adopted by the Pendragons four months ago."

Inko: "H-How could that be?! We're his parents!"

Toshinori: *frowns* '...Why would Artoria be the one to adopt him?'

Aizawa: "No you're not, Inko, legally or otherwise. Both of your rights as his parents were taken away after Tsukauchi completed his investigation. Therefore, he was up for adoption. Anyway, Nezu, I'd like to ask if we could meet him once the practical exam is over."

Nezu: "Very well, I would also like to talk to him once the practical exam is over. Speaking of, the examinees' real quality will be tested now!"

Pressing a red button labeled "Motivation Switch", Nezu smiled sadistically as the Zero-Pointers were finally emerging in all of the city Practice Centers.

∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆

(Izuku's POV)

*RUMBLE*

After I finished off another One-Pointer, I heard a loud rumble and felt a vibration from very far behind me. I looked at the source of the clamorous noise and saw a huge cloud of dust. Focusing my eyes, I could see a figure in the cloud of dust. Once it emerged, it was easy to identify that it was the Zero-Pointer. It punched the ground using its gigantic metal arm, resulting in another dust cloud. I decided to head over to the Zero-Pointer to see if any other examinees were still there.

Izuku: 'How odd... The people who designed the Zero-Pointer must have known its lack of mobility, yet they still made it unnecessarily large. Nobody would get anything by fighting that robot... It's as if it's a challenge. Did they make it that large because of the intimidation it causes?'

Present Mic: "TWO MORE MINUTES LEFT!"

Once I arrived in front of the Zero-Pointer, all the other examinees were running away, including Iida. However, I saw a girl trapped in the debris of the building that the Zero-Pointer crushed. Reacting quickly, I rushed to her side and pulled the debris off her, and picked her up with a bridal carry. I got out of there as fast as I could with a calm expression before the Zero-Pointer attacked again.

Izuku: 'I see... So this is to emulate the spirit of self-sacrifice.'

Izuku: "Girl, can you walk?"

???: "H-Huh? Yeah, I can."

Izuku: "Good."

I then proceeded to set her down once I put enough distance between us and the Zero-Pointer. The girl thought that I would come with her to run away, however, I simply turned back and walked to the Zero-Pointer.

???: "W-Wait a minute, you're not going to run away?! No one can beat that thing alone!"

Izuku: "That's right, nobody can beat it alone here... At least, nobody but me."

???: "What?! Please, you'll get hurt! We should be running away!"

Izuku: "I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."

???: "What does that even-"

Taking the opportunity, I immediately ran towards the Zero-Pointer as I heard her yelling at me to stop. I merely looked back at her with a cocky smirk as the distance between me and the Zero-Pointer was decreasing.

Izuku: *smirks* 'Works every time.'

Once I reached the perfect distance between me and the Zero-Pointer, which was about 100 meters, I summoned a gate by my right hand and took out a crimson red spear. I then got on into a crouching position with my left hand on the ground and my right hand tightly gripping my spear. Taking a deep breath and adopting a serious expression, I accelerated and dashed fifty meters before taking to the skies. I arch my back as if drawing a bow and once I finished accumulating magical energy, I hurled it towards the Zero-Pointer with all my might.

Izuku: "Resign yourself, and receive my blow! Gáe Bolg!"

Upon impact, Gáe Bolg created a huge explosion in carpet bombing fashion that caused massive destruction. The sheer wind pressure from the attack was enough to blow away all the dust in the area and eradicate the streets of the city Practice Center as the buildings that surrounded the Zero-Pointer also got caught in the attack. Once the dust settled, the Zero-Pointer was nowhere to be found. The only thing that was left behind the robot was its feet, which had smoke coming from it.

Present Mic: "THE EXAM IS OVER!"

Izuku: *exhales* "Well, that was a very good learning experience for combat against multiple enemies."

As I was walking back to the entrance of the Practice Center, I saw Recovery Girl healing a few examinees. I didn't stop and kept walking.

Izuku: *sighs* "I pray that I surpassed Mordred-nee in points, and I hope that-"

Present Mic: "ALSO, WOULD IZUKU PENDRAGON, IZUMI YAGI, SHOTO TODOROKI, AND SHOKA TODOROKI PLEASE COME TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE!"

Izuku: *groans* 'Perhaps I made too much of a spectacle of myself to elicit Uncle Nezu to check my application during the test. They must know who I was by now.'

After getting off the bus and having a conversation with Iida, I walked to the main building of U.A. high school as the clear blue sky and pure white clouds were above my head. While I was walking, a very familiar voice called out to me.

Mordred: "Oi Izuku! Wait!"

Izuku: "Mordred-nee!"

I looked back at her with a genuine smile adorning my face as she caught up to me. She then started to look at me closely while circling me. The people around us were confused by Mordred-nee's actions, as was I. Confused, I asked her about it.

Izuku: "Mordred-nee, what are you doing?"

Mordred: "Hm? Isn't it obvious? I'm looking for any possible injuries. Thankfully, there seems to be none."

Izuku: "Goodness, you're overprotective."

Mordred: *shrugs* "Whatever, I can't help it."

Izuku: "Anyway, where's Anastasia and Astolfo?"

Mordred: "Dunno, I haven't seen them yet. By the way, why did Present Mic say that they needed you at the Principal's Office?"

Izuku: "Well, they figured out who I am and are probably going to ask me about my powers."

Mordred: "Sounds like a hassle... Want me to come with?"

I immediately accepted her offer since it would be good to show my former parents that I am more than happy with my new life, just in case they try to do something absurd like trying to take me back. After I texted Anastasia and Astolfo that they should head home without Mordred-nee and I, we arrived in front of the Principal's Office. Judging by the noise inside, everybody else seems to be there already. I took a deep breath as I knocked on the door. Hearing Uncle Nezu's "Enter", I opened the door.

The sight that greeted me was my former parents sitting with Izumi on the couch to the right while the Todoroki twins were on the other couch, surprisingly, they were sitting with the Bakugo twins, who weren't called here. I could see Uncle Nezu standing menacingly on his desk while Uncle Shota was right beside him. As I stepped into the room, I started speaking in a haughty tone with a smirk on my face.

Izuku: *chuckles* "Well, well, well. To what do I owe the pleasure of being invited to the Principal's Office on the day of the entrance exams."

Nezu: "You could say that it was because was your stellar performance or your identity."

My smirk did not fade from Uncle Nezu's words as a smirk also crept on his face. From my peripheral vision, I could see my former parents, who were in their Hero Costumes, look impatient and were constantly looking at me and Uncle Nezu.

Izuku: "So this confirms it. You've read my application, have you?"

Nezu: "Yes, I have. It says here that your former name is Izuku Yagi. My question is, are you, Izuku Yagi? Because neither of you has any similarities in terms of appearance, personality, and power."

Izuku: *chuckles* "To answer your question, Uncle Nezu, I was Izuku Yagi."

【♕ ❖✧❖✧❖ ♔】

A/N: Please understand that this story's cliffhangers aren't as bad as Demon Slayer's. Even though I'm a manga reader, I'm annoyed by the cliffhangers in the anime.

Words: 2567

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.3K 660 11
my first story In a world were 80% of the population are born with powers called quirks the other 20% are powerless or quirkless. Our main character...
16K 464 9
Izuku Yagi only ever wanted to be a hero despite being Quirkless but it seemed the whole world was against him, his parents unknowingly ignored him...
14.4K 369 20
The Fates and their mother Ananke are cruel mistresses. They had given Izuku a cruel and unfortunate fate. Even as a young child his life was nothing...
55K 978 57
This is the story of a neglected Izuku Yagi the son of Toshinori Yagi (All Might) and Inko Yagi (Psistorm) who is the brother of Izuma Yagi. Falsely...