Forever To Be Loved

By _TaLeyahLOVE

When Sah'nai Huntley was diagnosed, the doctor said she had six months left to live. Sah'nai had one wish tha... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twent Two
Pick the Story That You Want To Read Next
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Fifteen

1K 35 5
By _TaLeyahLOVE

Sorry it's short.

Rhianan went back to Robert once we were done talking. Some best friend she was. But it was okay because I supported their relationship as long as they didn’t do anything in front of me.

            So to spend the time until dinner I helped my Dad make dinner like we always used to do before I got sick. I began working on preparing the salad while he seasoned and cook the steak.

“So how have you and Aiden been?” my Dad asked and I looked over my shoulder at him, but he wasn’t looking at me, instead he was focused on the stove.

“Why does everybody keep asking me about Aiden today? Do you guys know something that I don’t?”

“No. I’m just curious. You’re my baby girl and he’s your first boyfriend I want to know how your relationship is going.”

“We broke up about two weeks ago,” I say slicing a cucumber on the cutting board.

“What?”

“Mom didn’t tell you?” I asked looking over my shoulder again.

My Dad looked at me frowning. “She might have mentioned it, but I wanted to hear it from you. You used to tell me things before you told your Mom. I don’t like not knowing things that’s going on in my daughter’s life. I’m your father.”

“I’m sorry Daddy,” I say feeling sorry because my Dad and I did used to be really close.

“So what happened?”

“He wasn’t being honest with me.”

“You shouldn’t be with someone who isn’t honest with you. What type of relationship do you think you would have if he can’t tell you things? If he’s keeping secrets from you he isn’t the right guy for you because he’s not going to be an honest person.”

“Dad,” I drawl rolling my eyes. “He told me his secret today and I can see why he didn’t tell me. I know everything about him now.” I explained evasively.

“So what’s his secret?”

“Dad what makes you think I will tell you if he didn’t even tell me at first?”

“Because I’m your Father and I can forbid you from seeing him.”

“But you wouldn’t do that Daddy,” I say kissing his cheek as I set the salad on the counter and covered it with a lid.

“Nope, I couldn’t take it if you stopped talking to me so I’ll let you keep seeing Caiden.”

“It’s Aiden Dad and you know it,” I say smiling as I began walking out of the kitchen.

“Set the table before you tell everyone dinner is ready!” he called out after me.

“Okay Dad.” I say turning back around to get the plates and silverware that we eat with out of the cabinets.

            I walk into the dinning room and began to set the table for six since Rhianan was staying for dinner, and once I was done I walked up the stairs to my parents room to get my mom.

            I found her sitting on their king sized bed holding a picture album in her hand.

“Hey Mom, dinner’s ready,” I say knocking on the door softly.

“Okay,” she says wistfully.

“What are you looking at?” I asked moving closer to the bed, peering over her shoulder.

            She was looking at an old photo album. There were three photos that she was looking at in particular and I smiled as I saw them also. The photo at the top was of Robert when he was about three months old. He had a head full of shockingly dark hair, bright green eyes and a chubby face. He was so cute. The next photo was of me, and I had to admit that I was pretty cute too with my light brown curly hair and my green eyes. Last was Jasmine and I thought that she was the prettiest baby out of us all. She had wavy black hair, big and round hazel eyes and at only about two months old she was smiling at the camera, with her eyes shining and her dimples in her cheeks. She was absolutely beautiful.

“You three were the most beautiful and healthy babies. Each time we brought you guy’s home, I couldn’t help but feel happy that God had blessed us with three perfect kids who were healthy, had both parents growing up, and a happy childhood. I didn’t think that anything could go wrong, but then we found out you had cancer,” my Mom began crying. “As a parent I felt like I did something wrong because you were always a happy baby, always smiling. I wanted to know where I went wrong in my duties as a parent because I couldn’t prevent this happening.”

“Oh, Mommy it’s okay,” I say sinking down onto the bed with her and I wrapped my arms around her. “No matter what I just want you to know that you were always the best parent that I could ever have because you did love me and you cared. I can’t imagine what it is like for Rhianan because her mom isn’t here for her anymore. You couldn’t stop cancer no matter what you did, but you’re doing your best. The best that any mother could do in a hard time like this, and I appreciate you so much for being there for me and supporting me. I love you.”

My Mom turned her body to the right some more so that she could hug me properly. “I love you too Sah’nai, so much.”

            After a few more sentimental moments with my Mother I rounded everybody up for dinner while she went downstairs to help Dad fix plates.

            The seating arrangements were a little different today seeing as Rhianan was staying over. Mom and Dad sat at the heads of the table, while Jasmine and I sat on one side and Robert and Rhianan sat on the other end opposite us.

            At first the conversation at the table was a little awkward, but then everybody got into how their days were and everyone began to talk affably. I clearly didn’t want to talk about how my day went and they respected that, so I just sat there eating my food while listening to their stories politely.

“Robert and Rhianan you two seem to be getting closer,” Mom mentioned looking at Dad.

“Yeah,” Robert said quietly his cheeks turning a light pink.

“Don’t get too close though,” Dad said with a stern voice. “Especially under this roof,” he added for good measure.

            Rhianan was red now and choking on her food while Robert patted her back, and I squirmed in my seat uncomfortably.

“That is so weird Dad, even to me. She was my best friend first,” I mumble curling my upper lip as I stabbed at pieces of lettuce with my fork.

“Well, it had to be said. Robert knows the rules.”

“Yeah I get it Dad,” Robert said through clenched teeth.

            I looked at Rhianan and frowned.

“Now what’s going on between you and Jared, Jasmine,” Dad asked looking into her hazel eyes and she glared at him, but eventually told him that Jared and her relationship was going good after a little guilt trip from him and Mom. She even mentioned that they were going to be celebrating their two month anniversary soon.

“What about you and Aiden Sah’nai? Your Dad filled me in on a little bit that’s going on. What happened?”

“What? Why are we being grilled about our relationships?” I asked confused. I’d talked about mine and Aiden’s relationship a total of three times today and that’s not even including Aiden and I conversation at the beach earlier.

“We just want to know what is going on in our children’s life. We’re only acting as concerned parents.”

“Oh. Well, long story short we broke up over a little misunderstanding and now we’re back together.” I say evasively telling the truth because I did misunderstand the lies Aiden were telling me.

“Well that’s good to hear.”

            An hour later I said goodbye to Rhianan, and another hour later the house was silent as everyone had showered and was asleep. I was the only person up and I couldn’t sleep; the downside of taking a nap in the middle of the day.

            I tried everything from making myself dizzy, to drinking warm milk. I even tried counting sheep, and I realized that counting sheep only worked in cartoons. Frustrated I got out of bed and moved to my bookshelf to find a new book to read until I finally fell asleep.

            Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin? Nope. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr? Nope. I’ve read that series one too many times. The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski? Perfect.

            I walked back to my bed and got comfortable under the covers, fixing my pillow so that my back was propped up against my headboard in a comfortable position, before I opened the book and began reading.

            After about twenty pages I heard a tapping sound against my window and I almost screamed when I saw Aiden’s face staring at me. I quickly got out of bed and went to my window, opening it so that he could slip through.

“What the heck are you doing here this late?” I whispered looking out my window before shutting it, happy that my window wasn’t one that faced the street because I was absolutely positive that one of my neighbors would have called my parents.

“I had to see you,” he said looking at me from head to toe and back up again. “And I’m glad that I did,” Aiden said with a smile.

            I self consciously crossed my arms over my chest when I realized that I had changed into a sky blue tank top and white shorts for bed and walked over to sit down on my bed.

“How did you know if I was up or not?” I asked criss crossing my legs so that he could join me on the bed.

“Remember I can feel you Sah’nai. I know when you’re up, when you’re sleep, when you’re mad, when you’re dis-”

I hold my hand up, effectively silencing him. “I get it; you can feel what I’m feeling.”

“Yeah,” he reached forward and fingered a stray curl that fell from out of the bun I put in my hair for bed.

            I lean my head into his hand.

“You don’t sleep?” I ask.

“No. That’s another thing that Twilight books have gotten correct. No matter how hard I try, my body cannot get any sleep.”

“So what do you do at night?”

“When the world is quiet, is the best time of day. It can become too loud during the day, and it’s not as peaceful as it is now. For example, I know your entire family is sleeping but it’s peaceful. Except for your Father who is snoring exceptionally loud right now,” Aiden says laughing and I laugh along with him because it was true, my Dad did snore extra loud.

“I can understand that point right there.” I say with a grin.

“So why are you up so late?”

“I took a nap when I got back earlier, and now I can’t sleep,” I explained.

“I can help you go to sleep,” Aiden says stretching his long body out on my bed, and opened his arms for me.

“No thank you. I planned on reading until I fell asleep,” I tell him holding my book up.

“What are you reading?” Aiden asked taking the book out of my hand and flipped through the pages quickly. “It seems okay. Not the type of book I’ll read though.”

“What types of books do you like?” I asked putting the book on my nightstand before lying down on my side, my head propped up on my hand.

“Mostly books fromnineteen twenty five. The books that are being written now do not particularly pique my interest.”

“I couldn’t picture myself reading books from that era, though The Great Gatsby is a good one,” I said quietly.

“That’s my favorite book. Along with An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser.”

“I think I’ve heard of that one, but I never read it.”

“It’s a really good book. It’s about a young man by the name of Clyde Griffiths, who is essentially poor, and goes to work in his rich uncle’s factory. He gets a girl who works at the factory with him pregnant, but then when a rich young woman turns up, he feels trapped with Roberta, the girl he’d gotten pregnant. So with the intentions of getting rid of her, he takes her canoeing on a lake, and plan on pushing her into the water. But he changes his mind and she ends up falling and drowning. He was automatically found guilty of murder.”

“It sounds good,”

“It is. It was made into a movie in the nineteen fifties. It starred Elizabeth Taylor.”

“Hmm,” I mumbled noncommittally.

“Are you getting tired Sah’nai?” Aiden asked pulling me into his arms.

“Yes,” I whisper, my voice soft with oncoming sleep, as I snuggle closer into Aiden’s arms.

“Well go to sleep. I’m here with you. I won’t leave you, ever.”

            And with that promise from the boy I love, my mate, I fall into a deep and peaceful sleep, dreaming happy dreams, with thoughts of love and romance on my mind.

A/N: I have a bit of a dilemma here. I have made up a cast for everyone, but the only person I need help deciding with is Aiden. I don't know who could fit the role as him. So I need you guy's to give me some idea and i'll decide who the better Aiden is.

Other than that, I have made up a website for this story and the link is..... 

http://forevertbeloved.weebly.com

Sorry I was going to fast and forgot to add one little letter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 681 23
Mallory finds herself brokenhearted when she loses the love of her life in a tragic accident. She's left to pick up the pieces of her life with the h...
2.2M 50.5K 26
They used to hate each other, then she moved away for three years. Now she's back for senior year and everything is different.He is arrogant and cock...
REMINISCENT By

Teen Fiction

572 2 38
CHAPTERS EDITED☑️ "Do i remember?" I stare back confused "Do you remember..." she starts then looks down contemplating whether she should continue or...
2.2K 1.3K 55
What happens when you fall for someone you know you're not supposed to fall in love with? ''It's cool to have insecurities Jasmine, but controlling i...