Is It Too Late Now To Say Sor...

By floatontheboat999

After an ordinary prank from the marauders, Severus attempts suicide (The attempt isn't shown). word gets out... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 5

1.5K 52 15
By floatontheboat999

A/N Made it right on time before James' birthday ended

Sirius couldn't sleep.  He woke up at 4:00 am thinking about the beauty of Severus Snape. The hook nose boy who he use to behave towards as if he was lower than the dirt under his shoe was now a trending topic on his brain. In a few hours, he was going to be sitting down to eat with him. Not as a dog but as a human. He wondered what Severus was doing. Probably asleep or something. 

James woke up to see his friend pacing around. James' desire for sleep was overpowered by his need to see what Sirius was doing. "Why are you up so early?" James' voice came out groggy.

"Why are you still sleeping. We're taking Severus Snape on a date." Sirius was looking for something he could wear that looked nice enough to make a good impression on Severus but not too fancy that it make Severus self-conscious.

James forced himself off the bed and followed Sirius into the closet. "It's not a date. Just wear a button-down shirt." James pulled out his choice of clothes to wear and suddenly he didn't feel confident in this outfit.

Sirius didn't listen to James as he continued to search through the closet.

After around an hour, the two finally settled on outfits to wear and three more hours getting ready.

Sirius outfit

James outfit.

"You know your dinner with Snape doesn't start in several hours." Remus reminded the troublesome duo.

James thought for a minute. "How about we just go eat breakfast and then lunch before we meet him. It'll give us more time to focus on Severus."

Sirius nodded and grabbed his and James' coats. The boys strutted out in style.

***
Severus forgot about his dinner until his dog came to him with the baskets of clothes James brought him. Severus took out what he liked out of all the clothes he only liked a few. One was a black skin-tight shirt that featured a green heart. He slipped on boots that reached a few inches over his ankle with green laces, and a nice black cloak that was a big improvement over his others. The best part about the clothes is the fact they fit. Lastly, he wore special black bandages over the wounded part of hit face. 

It was almost time for Severus' dinner. "I'll put locks on the door. Spell wise of course." Raven immediately started barking upset. He couldn't take him to the restaurant, animals may not be allowed and he didn't want to drag the dog somewhere he may not be accepted.

He settled on bringing the dog to Lily but wasn't sure how she'd feel after he rejected her kiss. "Do you wanna stay with Regulus?" Severus suggested.

The dog sat on the floor refusing to go. It was almost as if he sensed something dangerous towards him.

"I don't know where else to take you..." Severus thought for a moment. "I'll have to ask... I'll have to ask Lupin if he'll watch you while I'm gone." The dog barked in approval while Severus reluctantly searched for the other scarred boy. Before he knew it Raven was dragging him to the library.

Remus was just exiting. When he saw Severus and Raven he gave an irritated look. "I'm not going to beg. I'm only requesting if you could watch over Raven." Severus didn't fully trust Remus, but he trusted the fact Raven trusted him.

To his surprise Remus accepted. "I'll take him. I hope you don't mind if I take him to the magizoologist to get him checked?"

At that moment Severus realized he has never gotten Raven an appointment. He nodded in agreement with Remus' request. He made a mental note to get Raven a new chew toy.

"Thank you." Severus usually wasn't one to say please and thank you unironically, but anyone who cared for the most important thing in his life earned his respect. 

Remus just smiled at Severus. Severus didn't know why this made him blush. It was refreshing not to have someone pitying him or try hard to make amends. 

Raven snarled which got Severus' attention. Severus got down on his knees and said his goodbyes. "Be a good boy for Remus. When daddy comes back he'll bring you some bones to eat." He gave the dog a gentle rub on the head. It wasn't anything new for him to part with the dog, heck the dog often left on his own accord but this was the first time Severus left him with someone.

Severus reluctantly walked away from his beloved pet. It was strange this was the first time Severus walked down the hall without his dog and felt kinda comfortable. He guessed the threats James and Sirius made helped. It didn't completely stop the stares but people were more discreet. Severus scolded himself for almost being grateful. They were the reason this all started. 

In an attempt to make sure nothing funny went on Severus made sure to get there ten minutes before James and Sirius to avoid any funny business.  He checked the waiters and staff to see if there could be any way James and Sirius could get to his food. It was different at Hogwarts. They were in detention all the time so them tampering with the food before it's served wouldn't shock him.

After checking with the staff Severus sat down in a booth that was out of the way. Severus noticed James and Sirius were rather late when they walked in. 

"Hey, Snape how's it going?" James smiled as he sat down right in front of Severus and Sirius followed along with him.  

"Wonderful until I heard your horrible small talk." Severus didn't even try looking up from the menu. Too many witnesses and the bruise to James' and Sirius' reputation was too fresh so Severus wasn't worried about them attacking him.

"Harsh Snape. Sounds like someone skipped breakfast."

Snape wanted so badly to laugh at James' corny joke.

"No, I'm just upset over all the lessons I'm missing."

"We have notes you can use back at the dorm." By notes, Sirius meant Remus', notes. 

Severus almost felt like an idiot that he felt grateful. It was the very least they could do. He couldn't forget he was just here to eat not fall under their charm. 

"Order whatever you want." James reminded the boy. He seemed pretty underweight and from what Sirius told him he doesn't eat much at home and he's scared to eat at school unless Raven brings his food.

"I'll have lamb chops and butterbeer you too Sirius?" James asked. Sirius of courses agreed.

Severus planned to order something small but just to screw with James he made a much larger order, "Waiter I'd like frog leg soup, turkey leg, a slice Of cake, and water."

Sirius and James were awestruck by the amount Severus ordered, "Are you sure you're going to eat all that?" James felt bad as soon as he said it. Eating would make him healthier and that's all he should matter.

"Maybe ask for the portions to be small?" Sirius suggested. He didn't want to see Severus get himself sick. 

Severus chose not to answer that, "Haven't you been taught to not worry about others and pay attention to your own plate."

"No my mother used to be critical of everything I ate and now I wanna die because I sound just like her. I'm sorry mate." Sirius could hear it now 'Don't eat like a dog' 'The food isn't going to run away from you.' All of that combined with every other passive-aggressive remark from his parents drove Sirius to run away.  

Severus snickered. The thought of big bad Sirius being told off by his mummy was amusing, "Don't feel bad. My dad said I better do anything Lily wants because I was too much of an ugly freak for anyone else to love me." Severus smiled as more of a nervous coping mechanism rather than it being a joke.

Severus turned to James. "Do you have any traumatic words from your parents to share?"

James tried to look deep in his mind. "Nothing that was a big deal, my parents were pretty great. They let me eat what I want as and only say something if my health is of concern and they never insulted," James felt guilty about all Sirius and Severus went through while he had a great childhood and still managed to be a bully.

Sirius put an arm around his best friend, "Hey prongs don't feel bad about having a good childhood. Nobody deserves a bad one."

James leaned into his touch. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Severus squinted his eyes as if what he was seeing would change. He had his suspicions about James and Sirius. The two practically gazing into each other eyes didn't help. 

Severus faked coughed in hopes he wouldn't have to watch them snog while he ate his food. Thankfully that brought them apart. 

Once the food came Severus' senses were flooded. He hadn't felt like this since his early days at Hogwarts. Before all those cruel pranks. Severus immediately dug in, he of course didn't forget to use table manners.

"Is it me or is this the cutest thing ever?" James whispered to Sirius.

"As cute is like the time I made the soup for you when you were sick."

James rolled his eyes. "I was never cute. Sexy, handsome, or gorgeous, but not cute."

"What's wrong with being cute?"

"Being cute is for ladies, pets, and little kids."

Sirius couldn't argue said something similar that Lily said Rextist or whatever word that was. 

Severus noticed all the whispering between the friends. "What are you talking about?" Severus needed to make sure they weren't conspiring against him. 

"Sorry Snape," James tried not to smile at the fact Snape had cake on the none injured part of his face.

For the rest of the meal, James and Sirius tried to be quiet so Severus could focus on eating. The two didn't talk until Severus was finished eating. "I guess it's time to go." Sirius went ahead and paid. 

"Here," James picked up a napkin to wipe Severus' mouth. The panic Severus felt was real. He prayed they wouldn't notice the blush on his face. He convinced himself he only blushed because he wasn't touched often. "Ready to go now?"

Severus got up along with them. He wasn't going to walk home alone. It's not like they were going to kill or hurt him. They'd be the prime suspects. "I need to go back to your dorm. Remus may have my dog back from his check-up." 

The three walked back to their dorm unbothered by staff due to Severus's accident and students, they wouldn't screw with James or Sirius separately let alone faced the duo together. 

Once they walked into the room Severus went straight to Remus', "Is Raven here?" he said with urgency in his voice.

"Relax his health is fine but he wanted to go play. He should be back when he feels like it." 

Severus felt relieved. "I guess I'll go back to my room." he was going back to bed alone. Alone for the first time since he had his dog. His dog leaving while he was sleeping was one thing but not having warmth in his arms when he drifted to sleep was enough to make him shake.

James stepped in front of the door blocking Severus' exit, "I don't want to be sticking my nose in your business but are you sure you want to be alone right now?"

"Well-"

"I can get you blankets. It'll be like one of those old-fashioned childhood sleepovers." Sirius smiled. This would be the first time he slept with Severus in his dorm.

Remus came over to a heavy breathing Severus. "Don't listen to them. I can walk you to your dorm or you can stay here all your choice. If you'd like you can sleep in my bed while I sleep at my desk. All your decision."

Severus seemed calmer. "That sounds nice but I wouldn't want you to kick you out of your own bed. You're welcome to join if you that's what you'd like I very much don't care."

When Severus climbed into bed so did Remus. 

After they fell asleep James and Sirius lie in bed together. "Do you think Remus is trying to steal- I mean date, Severus?" James stared at the cuddling pair like a jealous boyfriend.

"I don't know but I don't like it. We have to talk to him in the morning." Surely Remus couldn't be doing this to stop Sirius and James' attempt to get close to him. 

"We'll settle this tomorrow. At least he's safe." James put his glasses on the nightstand as he wrapped his arms around Sirius, who rest on his chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

618K 12.5K 46
These are a collection of all kinds of fanfiction I've written for the dear marauder over a long period of time. Hope you enjoy!
44.6K 1.8K 29
When James wakes up, his head his pounding. He can't remember drinking anything, but supposes he must have because it feels like he's been hit square...
15.1K 231 22
James Potter finds out that he is in-love with Severus Snape, a half-blood he has been bullying for years. As James falls in love more and more with...
2.7M 103K 133
in which hollis rosier falls asleep in the wrong compartment or the right one, depending on who you ask ✧──────✧ part one of two editing closed, logg...