Power Trip | NBANARDO

By igotmesomebapes

"Your love's not too kind to me." Managing his anger had never been Horace's best trait and when his issues... More

disclaimer
prolouge
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
ending questions
The Sequel

thirteen

2.4K 163 125
By igotmesomebapes

(504) 787-9032

remember when we got stuck in that shelter during that hurricane.
1:00 p.m.

that shit was crazy, miss sabrina was so worried.
2:03 p.m.

She cussed us tf out when we got back
2:10 p.m.

remember what we did to pass the time?
2:12 p.m.

You finna have me blushing
2:13 p.m.

old shit get you hard lol?
2:14 p.m.

*****

"Hey you good?" Horace asked
Kentrell, who slipped his phone into his pocket.

"Yeah, my manager was trippin' tryna to give me extra shifts with no pay." He found himself lying, the words spilling from his mouth without his permission.

"Bitch must be outta her mind."

"Fa real."He leaned into Horace, pulling him in close. "Yo phone called seemed urgent."

"I was just thinkin' we redo the meetin' with my sister again." Kentrell began to groan head falling back in his seat.

"Do that sound like a good idea to you?"

"Yeah."He gave the older a look,"Y'all both very important to me, and it matters if y'all are at least cordial."

"I'ma try."

"That's all I ask really."

******

Walking in behind Horace into the apartment Kentrell went over in his mind, how he was going to control himself in the conversation no matter which way it went.

He tood awkwardly at the threshold of Horace's kitchen hands buried into his hoodie pockets.

"Hey."

"Hi." Maia replied back to him politely, the duo not really acknowledging the other.

"Come sit down." Horace told him, the older following directions. He turned to his boyfriend's sister gesturing to her injury.

"How yo side feelin'?"

"Better,"Maia gently massaged the spot,"Thank you for askin'."

"No problem."

They sat in silence once more Horace sucking his teeth.

"The only way this shit will work if y'all put in the effort."

"Ain't really shit to say."

"How bout y'all start from when I left."He crossed his arms, "Alot of shit regardin' me was said and I wasn't there to clarify it."

"Uh, she started askin' me questions."

"Okay."

"He answered them and asked some of his own."

"Her tone wasn't shit nice." Kentrell said gruffly the memory beginning to grind on his nerves.

"I can't say yours was either."

"Now you see how fast y'all judged each other."

"I feel like she judged me more-"

"Shut up, Trell." Horace said through gritted teeth his boyfriend shrugging with nonchalance.

"Thought we was just bein' honest."

"If we bein' honest I was grillin' you, I love brother and I'm gonna always be critical of anyone who shows up in his life because I done seen what he's been through."

"That's fair I ain't tellin' you not to do that." He shrugged, "All I can say is it's a better way to do it."

"I did it the way I know how and if you ain't comfortable with that I don't know what to tell you."

"So just fuck my feelins' huh?"

"Did I say anythin' about your feelins' nigga?" She bit back Kentrell snarling at her.

"Y'all not finna argue in front of me!" Horace intervened, Kentrell huffing.

"You see how she talkin' to me and you allowin' it!"

"You not bein' respectful towards her either so what the fuck I look like-" He took a deep breath, reeling in his tone and his thought process."This is the best I'ma gonna get."

It was the only conclusion he could come too and it made him angry. Anger that he needed to control.

"You want us to hug or somethin'?"

"What's the point we ain't get nowhere." He mumbled neither party wanting to continue the conversation.

"I'll just go." Kentrell said standing up from the kitchen table, Horace following behind. 30 minutes of arguing and wasted time.

"I'll see you out."

His boyfriend leaned down expectantly and Horace moved his face away. The older sucked his teeth, pouting.

"You ain't finna kiss me?"

"I ain't pleased with you right now."

"I don't like leavin' with you mad at me."

"I don't like how you acted so I guess we both don't like things."  Kentrell sighed then holding up Horace's chin. He gazed into his eyes apologetic- not for standing his ground but for disappointing his lover.

"You know I love you."

"I know," Horace melted a bit, leaning in to give him a quick peck. "I love you too."

He sent the man on his way after that going back inside to face his sister.

"That ain't go how I wanted."

"I'm sorry it didn't,"She exhaled softly,"Horace, I'd never tell you how to live your life."

"I feel like you about too."

"No, just listen."Maia leaned into her palm,"You remember Princeton?"

Horace face scrunched up his sister's ex boyfriend flashing in his head. Their relationship could've been described in a multitude of ways, none good

"Yeah."He frowned harder, "Never liked that nigga."

"But I loved him."She shook her head, "Shit sometimes I still think I love him."

"Maia."

"I say that to say whirlwind love is dangerous, and you enterin' somethin' serious very fast."

"We been together for a couple of months now, we way past anythin' bein' fast."

"I don't know when you got with him but to me it's lookin' like the second you started going to anger mangement." He didn't feel like calculating the dates and personally thought she didn't care either, she just wanted to lecture.

"Why can't you just be happy for me?"

"Nardo, I am happy for you."She said clearly,"You just remindin' me of myself."

"The stupid version of yourself?" Maia frowned at his question, blinking.

"Was that fuckin' necessary?"

"I'm just askin' cause shit that's where the conversation feel like it's goin'."

"I'm just tryin' to let you know from my experience-" He scoffed, letting his irritation get the best of him again.

"And in your experience you've made stupid mistakes right? And this a stupid mistake?"

"Don't put words in my mouth."

"It's always someone tellin' me I need to either be careful or let myself enjoy somethin' good," He threw his hands up in the air, frustrated,"Which y'all want me to fuckin' do?"

"You do whatever is best for you."

"Seems like I can't without gettin' criticized."

"I'm goin' to bed, make sure you take medicine."

"Horace." Maia tried again but he ignored her placing the pill and a glass of water on the table.

"Goodnight."

Sitting up in his room, Horace rolled a blunt his irritation festering. He wasn't exactly mad at his sister but he wasn't happy with her.

He wasn't happy with Kentrell either because neither could put their pride to the side for him. Why was he, the youngest adult in the room trying so hard to be the mature one and why weren't they just getting with the program.

"What am I doin' wrong?" He asked himself aloud not getting an answer back.

okay thoughts?
I feel like everyone being a bit childish but thats what happens when folks refuse to listen 😭😭.

Anyway thank you so much for reading my lil book! I love you ever so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 166 62
That ^ Okay I'm done joking around now. A young agent, without the right requirements to be one, is put on a rather interesting and difficult case. H...
125K 4K 24
(BoyxBoy) Carson's snarky, rude and badboy attitude is why every teacher hates him and why he draws the negative attention of the perfect boy jocks...
34.1K 938 70
"I had nowhere else to go" What happens when the misunderstood villain shows up at the hero's doorstep bleeding and asking for help? What happens wh...
111K 5.3K 33
After George accidentally outs himself in front of the popular and homophobic guys of the school everything seems fine at first. However, that soon c...