The Chameleon's Light (Camilo...

By Ms_riddleee

Y/n Legazpi and her sister moved to Encanto at a very young age. With both of their parents gone, the sibling... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - The Invitation
Chapter 2 - First Dinner
Chapter 3 - Madrigals and Legazpis
Chapter 4 - Our Place
Chapter 5 - Sailing Ships
Chapter 6 - Gift Ceremony
Chapter 7 - Lover
CHAPTER 9 - Breaking

Chapter 8 - Reunited

80 2 1
By Ms_riddleee

"M-mama?"

"Oh, my baby you grew up beautifully-" The lady suddenly hugged you, as if they've missed you forever.

"It's okay, it's alright, Mama's here now..." She stroked your hair.

You broke the hug and looked at your "mom" suspiciously.

"Are you really my- But you died!! You- you were in the house when it caught in flames- How?" You thought.

"Oh, y/n, it's true, I am your mom. I got out just before it blasted."

"How did you-"

"Where do you think your gifts came from??" Your mom smirked.

"Y-you can read minds?' You asked.

"That and see fragments of the future."

Your eyes widened.

"You have more than one talent!?!"

"What? Of course!! Your sister didn't tell you?"

You looked down and furrowed your eyebrows as you started to recall your memories.

"Oh y/n, amore, I have so much more to teach you. Just- come home with me... Okay?" Dia cupped your cheeks.

Your eyebrows furrowed even more and you broke out of her touch when you realized something was not adding up.

"Excuse me?! We thought you were dead for what, 10 years!! and now you decide to show up now, all well and good saying you got out of the house before it exploded?!? W-why now? Why not some other time!?!? Why didn't you hear Papa's calls for you when he returned to the blazing house just to get you?!? And you said you can see the future and read minds, right? couldn't you have foreseen that event?!?! Couldn't you at least have warned us so that WE could get out, that way, WE all could've survived?!?!" You were starting to get really angry and didn't realize your eyes were starting to lose color, slowly becoming completely white. The candles that illuminated the room, and the house also started to flicker.

Your mother noticed this, a slight hint of fear evident.

"Breathe, y/n... Breathe.. Calm down mi hija, please..."

You did... eventually, and your eyes went back to their natural color.

"P-papa could've been here still... We could've been a complete family." You whisper before you burst into tears. Your mom quietly sat beside you and hugged you, rubbing a comforting hand on your back.

"Shhh, Cariño... It'll be alright now... Mama's here."

You stay like that until you calmed down. You looked up at her and she wiped your tears.

"We'll start over. Me, you, and your sister. We can do it, mi hija, I know we can."

You smiled at her.

"I missed you... Mama."

"I missed you too, baby."

She kissed your forehead.

Suddenly, you heard the door to the room you're in being kicked open. When they finally succeeded, the culprits are revealed to be Dolores, Cristina, and Camilo.

"Y/n!! Are you alright? I've searched everywhere..." Camilo rushed to your side, holding your elbow and scanning you for injuries.

"I'm alright, Camilo... " You reassured him.

"Maybe even better than I've ever been!" You grabbed your mom's hand and placed it on Cristina's.

"M-mami?" She asked, with tears in her eyes.

"Cristina, my firstborn! I missed you so much!!" She also teared up while they hugged.

Suddenly, you felt someone grab your hand, it was your sister, and she also pulled you into their hug.

Finally, the Legazpis were reunited.

The next day, y/n woke up to a blinding ray of sunlight, directly aimed at her eyes. The temptation to dim it and go back to sleep was hard for y/n, but she decided to better start the morning then and there.

It's a good thing they have an extra room in their household, that's where their mom, Dia slept for the night, and as both y/n and Cristina hoped, for the rest of their time there.

The two ladies were so glad their mom was back, they spent the entire evening, the night before catching up, and let's just say, they really did not want that night to end.

"Good Morning Legazpis!!~" Y/n brightly greeted the two women that were currently in their dining room eating breakfast prepared by their mother.

"Good morning y/n!!~ Pancakes?" Dia offered.

"Yes, please!!- Y-you okay?" Y/n suddenly noticed her sister looking very agitated.

"Y-yeah... no, I'm fine..." She displayed a pretty forced smile.

"Are you sure 'cuz..."

"Don't worry about her, y/n, she's just probably tired from last night, right, Tina?" Your mom cut you off.

"Y-yeah... I'm gonna- go back to my room... and Y/n..."

"Yes?"

"You should really go see Camilo, he was really worried about you last night." You blushed.

"Oh, but, I actually planned something for the three of us today... You know, some bonding time?" Dia said.

"A-aw, if that's the case then..." You looked over to your sister and saw her shaking her head as if telling you to say no, but to what exactly, you didn't know.

"In that case... let's have some bonding time first! I trust Camilo will be busy anyway..."

Your mom clapped her hands and your sister's expression remained the same.

"Yay!! Okay, then you better finish your breakfast, quick!" Dia said with such a big smile.

You started eating your pancakes, and about halfway through, you heard knocks on your door.

"I got it!" You said as you stood up to open the door.

"Mirabel?-"

"Y/n!! I need your help!!" Mirabel accidentally cut you off while panting.

"Wha-why? What's wrong, Mira?? I couldn't see you at all last night! I was looking for you!!"

"Exactly that! I saw the miracle in danger, y/n!! They don't believe me, but I know what I saw, the doors were flickering, the tiles on the casita were falling, there were cracks everywhere oh- AND THE CANDLE ALMOST WENT OUT!!" You took Mirabel's arm and sat her on an outside bench.

"No one believed me, and at this point, I really don't care anymore. I want to save the miracle, and I will... But I need your help, y/n!!" Mirabel met your eyes and you saw tears in them, but also a sense of need.

"Mirabel, I-"

"Y/n, honey, who is it??" Dia came out of the house and saw you and Mirabel.

"Oh, Mom, this is Mirabel, my best friend. Mirabel, this is Dia... My mother." You introduced them.

"But I thought she was..."

"We did too, Mirabel, but turns out, we were incorrect...Mama, I'll be right inside, I just need to talk to Mirabel for a while..."

"Okay, mi hija..." Dia smiled at y/n but glared at Mirabel before she went inside.

"Look, Mirabel, I believe you. I want to help, and I am going to. Just, c-could you maybe give me a couple of days? You can have some pre-helping-save-the-miracle things done without me, but the big ones, I wanna be there, and I will be...I promise. I'm sorry Mirabel, just- a few days, give me a few days.. Please?" You looked at her eyes, sincerely.

She took a deep breath.

"Okay, y/n. You just got your mom back, so, it's okay... I understand. I'll uhh...I'll go and talk to Dolores first. I'll be back in a few days to catch you up on my findings... I'm happy for you, y/n... And thank you for believing." She smiled, sadly.

"No problem... Hey, we'll save your miracle.I know it." Mirabel gave you one last smile before walking away.

The whole day, The Legazpis went around town and would generally spend some bonding time together. Cristina seemed distant but still, it was one of the best days for y/n.

"Y/n... I'd like you to meet Daniel Reyes. The youngest son of the Reyes'. They were our neighbors in our last house." Dia introduced you to a tall, neatly-groomed, shy-looking gentleman.

"H-hey y/n... Do you remember me?" The boy asked.

"Of course, I do, Niel!! We played almost like, every day, then!!" You hugged the boy out of excitement, as he smiled and hugged you back.

"Aw.. look at them... They'd be perfect for each other!!" Daniel's mother said.

"I know, the marriage will be perfect!"

"W-wait, sorry, what?!?" You exclaimed.

MEANWHILE AT THE CASITA

"Camilo! Dress nicely tonight!!" Abuela said.

"What? Why? What's wrong with what I'm wearing, Abuela?" Camilo asked

"Just, put on something more presentable, and Dios Mio, comb your hair!!"

Camilo wanted to protest, but he knew he couldn't so he just did what his Abuela said.

The time for dinner came and everybody was already at the table. Everybody and two strangers. One older, like the lady's mom, and a kind-looking, sweet-smiling lady that seemed like she was 1 or 2 years younger than Camilo.

"What a lovely dinner, thank you for accepting our invitation, Mrs. Dicario..." Abuela starts the conversation.

"The pleasure is all ours, Abuela." The 'mother' smiled at Alma, and then Camilo.

"Camilo, this is Jessa Dicario, such a lovely lady, don't you think?" Abuela asked.

"Not as lovely as my y/n but... I'm pretty sure Abuela wouldn't appreciate it if I said anything rude." He thought.

"I- uh.. Sure." He replied.

"Lovely! Now, I expect you to spend more time with her, starting now, okay?" Abuela continued.

"Wait, why?" Camilo asked.

"Cause she may or may not become your future wife."

"Oh, oka- WAIT WHAT!?!"

- - - 

Quick Author's note

This is my first time leaving one at the end of a chapter so uh, yeaaaa, excuse me, I'll make this fast. I'll try and upload a chapter every other day but this might change depending on my schedule. But since I got my first few votes from a reader, you get a chapter today XD. I appreciate every single read and vote and it'll make my day to read some of your comments. Aaand yes, that's it for me. Thank you, and Enjoy the story, loves!! <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 5.8K 102
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
246K 7.2K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
137K 15.7K 22
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
548K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...