Chapter 8 - Reunited

"M-mama?"

"Oh, my baby you grew up beautifully-" The lady suddenly hugged you, as if they've missed you forever.

"It's okay, it's alright, Mama's here now..." She stroked your hair.

You broke the hug and looked at your "mom" suspiciously.

"Are you really my- But you died!! You- you were in the house when it caught in flames- How?" You thought.

"Oh, y/n, it's true, I am your mom. I got out just before it blasted."

"How did you-"

"Where do you think your gifts came from??" Your mom smirked.

"Y-you can read minds?' You asked.

"That and see fragments of the future."

Your eyes widened.

"You have more than one talent!?!"

"What? Of course!! Your sister didn't tell you?"

You looked down and furrowed your eyebrows as you started to recall your memories.

"Oh y/n, amore, I have so much more to teach you. Just- come home with me... Okay?" Dia cupped your cheeks.

Your eyebrows furrowed even more and you broke out of her touch when you realized something was not adding up.

"Excuse me?! We thought you were dead for what, 10 years!! and now you decide to show up now, all well and good saying you got out of the house before it exploded?!? W-why now? Why not some other time!?!? Why didn't you hear Papa's calls for you when he returned to the blazing house just to get you?!? And you said you can see the future and read minds, right? couldn't you have foreseen that event?!?! Couldn't you at least have warned us so that WE could get out, that way, WE all could've survived?!?!" You were starting to get really angry and didn't realize your eyes were starting to lose color, slowly becoming completely white. The candles that illuminated the room, and the house also started to flicker.

Your mother noticed this, a slight hint of fear evident.

"Breathe, y/n... Breathe.. Calm down mi hija, please..."

You did... eventually, and your eyes went back to their natural color.

"P-papa could've been here still... We could've been a complete family." You whisper before you burst into tears. Your mom quietly sat beside you and hugged you, rubbing a comforting hand on your back.

"Shhh, Cariño... It'll be alright now... Mama's here."

You stay like that until you calmed down. You looked up at her and she wiped your tears.

"We'll start over. Me, you, and your sister. We can do it, mi hija, I know we can."

You smiled at her.

"I missed you... Mama."

"I missed you too, baby."

She kissed your forehead.

Suddenly, you heard the door to the room you're in being kicked open. When they finally succeeded, the culprits are revealed to be Dolores, Cristina, and Camilo.

"Y/n!! Are you alright? I've searched everywhere..." Camilo rushed to your side, holding your elbow and scanning you for injuries.

"I'm alright, Camilo... " You reassured him.

"Maybe even better than I've ever been!" You grabbed your mom's hand and placed it on Cristina's.

"M-mami?" She asked, with tears in her eyes.