Chapter 6 - Gift Ceremony

"So, Camilo.." Your sister called.

"Yes? Señorita Cristina?" Camilo responded formally while trying his best to not make his nervousness show.

"You like my sister?"

"I.. uh- *cough* Yes."

"Since when?"

"S-since I saw her during my gift ceremony."

"You were just 5 years old then?"

"That's true, but your sister, she was the most beautiful lady there. I wanted to go and talk to her then but you guys suddenly disappeared. I never got the chance to talk to her until last night."

"But you guys didn't talk at all during dinner." Mirabel raised her eyebrows while putting both of her hands on her waist.

"Mind explaining that?" Cristina, Dolores, and even little Antonio copied Mirabel's stance which made them giggle.

"I- We just met up coincidentally and decided to enjoy each other's company. But we only just talked!! Nothing else happened, ma'ams- and sir." Camilo let out a slight laugh when he saw his little brother with crossed arms, and acting tough, copying Mirabel.

"Hmmm, What are you planning for the future then?" Cristina asked.

Camilo blushed slightly as he smiled shyly.

"Well, I want to make her a Legazpi-Madrigal in the future but we're still too young to think of that. For now, I just want to be able to call her mine... If you'll have me, Señorita Legazpi." Camilo finished, satisfied with his response.

"And if you hurt my sister?"

"Oh, you won't have to worry about that Tina..." Dolores started, cracking her knuckles.

"If that happens..." Mirabel continued, warming her neck and arms up as if she was about to fight.

"Well have Mama and Papa take care of him. Hmp-" Antonio finished

They all chuckled.

"If I do somehow hurt y/n, Señorita Legazpi, which I doubt will happen, since I won't let it happen, you, and you.." He gestured to Mirabel, Dolores, and Antonio.

"...Can give me your worst punishments, and I'll have to accept no matter what. You can swear on it. I just want y/n to be fully understood and loved, but if in order for that to happen I need to step aside, then so be it. 'Cause I know, that's what she deserves."

All girls... And Antonio looked at each other seriously before smiling.

"CAMILO LOVES Y/N!!!" Antonio shouted in joy before Camilo rushed over to cover his mouth praying y/n didn't hear him.

"Who loves who?" You asked as you walked out of your room in a fabulous yellow dress, the same shade of yellow Camilo has in his ruana.

"W-what? Oh, that- don't mind that!! You look fantastic y/n!! Are you good?? Shall we go?? I feel like we should go.." Mirabel clung onto your arm and led you outside, while Camilo was frozen. He didn't think you could look any more beautiful and perfect, but for you to match your dress color to his ruana... He blushed so much.

Cristina noticed as he approached Camilo and patted his shoulder.

"Treat her well, Future brother-in-law." she said before joining the others outside.

Camilo let go of the breath he didn't know he held and smiled warmly.

The six of you then walked to the Casita, Antonio in your arms, Mirabel, Dolores, and Cristina in front while you and Camilo walked behind. Antonio took a nap on your shoulder so you had to walk slower and Camilo just matched his pace with yours, which allowed the both of you to walk together.