Chapter 4 - Our Place

"Camilo?" 

Suddenly the boy's figure turned towards your direction. You put your hands over your mouth to minimize the sound of your breathing. 

"Who's there?" Camilo shouted while backing up. 

You realized there's no use in hiding at this point so you made yourself visible and walked out into the moonlight as if you just arrived. 

"Y-y/n?" He stuttered as he struggled to see you in the dark. 

"Camilo?? What are you doing here?" He finally calmed down when he saw your face. 

"Shouldn't I be asking you the same question?" He scoffed and rubbed the back of his neck. You continued to walk towards him by the river. 

"Well, I come here whenever I feel down, and, well I kinda considered this as my place, since I really didn't think anyone knew of this place... But then I saw you." 

"Oh, yeah, me too actually, I come here when I want to think over some stuff, it's kind of far from the casita, and I thought maybe here I can, you know, be... vulnerable since I'm alone and Dolores won't hear me." He confessed. 

"In that case, I think I should take my leave. I didn't know this place was taken and I'm sorry, I'll just..." 

"Wait." Camilo spoke which stopped you from moving any further away. 

"Please stay, don't leave. We can share, this can be our special place." He almost whispered the last phrase.

"Sorry? I couldn't hear the last part?" 

"Oh- I said, I wouldn't mind the company, so, y-you know, you can stay." he blushed ever so slightly as you scoffed at his response. 

"If you're sure then..."

The rest of the evening, you and Camilo just sat beside each other, talked about anything and everything, enjoying each other's company. 

"You're a funny one, Camilo Madrigal." You laughed at the joke he just told. 

"Well, what can I say, I am my Family's jokester after all." He proudly said with a smirk.

"Touché, Camilo, touché." you giggled. 

"I swear to God, there's something about the way you say my name y/n. If I hear it one more time-" Camilo thought. 

"Tell me." You spat out

"T-tell you what?" 

"What would happen if I called you by your name one more time, Camilo Madrigal." You smirked teasingly. 

Camilo was surprised at first, probably because he didn't think he really said what he said out loud, but soon, confidence took over him as his lips also formed a smirk. 

"Ah, so you really wanna play that game, Bonita?" Your eyes widen at his choice of words as you blush slightly, but you soon reassured yourself that you won't allow this Cameleon to win. 

Two can play the game. 

"Are you flirting with me?" You playfully said. 

"I don't know, am I?" 

"Aw, he's trying to make me blush." Camilo smiled proudly. 

"Sorry to burst your bubble but, you'll need a little bit more if you want that to happen." Camilo's smile faded away, but you didn't notice at first. 

"T'was a good try tho." You chuckled. 

The air was silent for a moment. 

"Ah yeah, I almost forgot..." He finally spoke.