Just Out Of Reach || doloresx...

By SirEggsalot

The Familía Madrigal is full of chaotic Columbians. One of these is the ears of the Encanto, Dolores Madrigal... More

0 -prologue
1-one
2-two
3-three
4-four
5-five
6-six
A/N
8-eight
9-nine
Dolores-1
10-ten
11-eleven
12-twelve
13-thirteen
14-fourteen
Dolores-2
15-fifteen
16-sixteen
17-seventeen
A/N 2
18-eighteen
19-nineteen
20-twenty
21-twenty-one
22-twenty-two
23-twenty-three
24-twenty-four
25-twenty-five
26-twenty-six
27-twenty-seven
28-twenty-eight
29-twenty-nine
A/N 3
30-Thirty (Boquet Ending) [YES]
30-Thirty (Symphony Ending) [NO]

7-seven

1.3K 50 8
By SirEggsalot

You slowly walk to the two sisters who just had a sisterly bonding, Luisa having opened up to her struggles with the pressure of her gift.

"Uh, Mira... Should I tell him about the magic too?" Luisa asks Mirabel, looking at her with glances making sure she got her answer.

Mirabel gives her a nod, leading to Luisa returning another nod of her own.

Luisa tightly grabs your shoulders, you feel your muscles tense up as the woman's hands were squezzing them like a vice grip.

"This is the first time i'll be telling the both of you this." Luisa looks at both of you.

"Last night, when you and Mira said the magic was fading..." Luisa lowers her head, you hear her let out a slight scoff.

"I felt... weak." She looks at both of you qith a teary look, worried about the decrease in her strength.

"Wait... What?" You were also shocked upon finding out about her powers slowly fading.

You had remembered that Dolores' hearing got slightly worse last night, could those two errors be connected somehow?  Did the others' gifts falter too?

A shout came from the outskirts of the houses, "Luisa! The donkeys!" A high but manly voice came from the reddish house.

You had looked at the man, after hearing his exclaim.

"Tío Kristan?" You call at the familiar face.

Tio Kristan was your tio from your dad's side of the family. He and your papa had moved out from their original home, to raise their own families in their own homes.

You didn't know that he was visiting you and your family all of a sudden.

"Oh, (Y/N)! Nice to see you again! Can you help Luisa with the donkeys? Your papa asked me to look after them, but I got distracted by Julieta's arepa stand." Tio Kristan rubs his head embarassingly.

"Jeez, were you even hurt?"

"No, but i was hungry. That's worse."

Both of you look at each other, in a way, feeling either first-hand or second-hand embarrassment.

"I'll help Luisa with the donkeys, you go back to the Casa." You reassure your tio, as you lift one donkey from its abdomen.

Tío Kristan nods and waves you goodbye, as you copy his actions, showing them with respect.

After the man had gone out of the scene, Mirabel throws flurries of questions at her sister.

Mirabel recalls on the sentence Luisa had told her earlier, that she felt weak.

"Wait, wait, wait." Mirabel, just like you and Luisa, were still honestly just trying to understand that the gifts started to fade strangely last night.

"What do you mean? What do you think is hurting the magic?" Mirabel adds as she throws herself infront of her sister.

"Don't know, but i heard the grown-ups once." Luisa turns to face both of you, as she wanted both of you to listen.

"Before Tío Bruno left, he had, like, some terrible vision about it." Luisa rearranges the donkeys on her shoulders to fit cleaner and easier on them.

"Tio Bruno? What was in his vision?" Mirabel fixes the glasses on her eyes, as she grew even more interested at what she expected Luisa had to say.

You already had an idea about the vision, Dolores had told, no, screamed it at you already, yesterday. You chose to keep quiet as you didn't want to alert anyone else about it, because you, and even Dolores weren't fully sure that she heard the vision right.

"Noone knows." Luisa shrugged to the disappointment of both of you. "But if something is wrong with the magic, start with Bruno's tower. Find that vision."  Luisa looked at you and Mirabel with raised eyebrows.

"How do we find a vision?" Hand scratching your head, you were confused because Luisa hadn't really told you what a vision might look like.

"If you find it you'll know." Luisa had a concerned tone, as she faced the town about to return the donkeys to your family's pen.

"But be careful. That place is off limits for a reason." Luisa had given both of you one final warning, before she started walking to your house.

You and Mirabel look at each other, using only your eyes, you both agreed to go search for the vision together.

Before you went into trouble again, you had wanted to check on your family first. You just had your uncle visit and you wanted to see how your whole family was holding up.

"Can I go to my house first, maybe we can start after lunch?" You shyly ask Mirabel, which she replied with wide open eyes, "Sure, I'll go help with the chores first." Mirabel excuses herself to make room for you to see your family first.

Mirabel briskfully walks the same way Luisa had went, heading to her home, Casíta Madrigal. Once Mirabel had been out of your sight, you look around to find the signature red paint that could easily stick your house out like a sore thumb. Once you had caught glimpse of the red paint, you started to walk around the houses to get there.

┅┅┅┅┅┅

Coming from your house was chatting and laughter. Your family had also taken great joy in seeing your Kristan again.

You knock on the door, as you slowly pull it open revealing the reminiscing family. "Am I interrupting something?" You laugh as the adults also look at you with blissful and joyful looks.

"Hey, (Y/N)! I didn't know you were so close to the Madrigals!" Kristan exclaimed as he also looked at your parents for confirmation.

"Oh, didn't you know?" Mama whispered to Kristan, tapping his arm with her elbow.

"He's dating one of them!" Your papa proudly exclaimed, full of pride and ecstasy.

You blush and look away from the crowd, even though you knew it was fake, your heart still flew in circles everytime you think about it.

"Yeah..." You quietly mutter as the shyness overtook your whole open and outgoing personailty.

"Can I guess who?" Your uncle said, his hand grasping his chin, as he looked up to his head, thinking of which Madrigal you would date.

"Sure.." you chuckle, as you let your uncle guess.

"Isabela Madrigal!" He proudly shouted as he thought he got the correct answer.

Speaking of Isabela Madrigal, you had caught news that she was set to be engaged to your close friend, Mariano Guzman.

You had known he had a crush on her for a long time, always admiring the flowery displays that she would put on in the middle of the town.

He clearly saw the beauty in each of the blooming flowers, comparing them to the likes of their creator, Isabela.

You felt honored, yet slightly disgusted, when your uncle had thought you were dating her. You felt proud that he saw you worthy of the love of the Madrigal's prodigal granddaughter, but at the same time, you had a love-hate friendship with Isabela, both of you tease each other even more so than you and Dolores.

"Nah, she's dating a musician." You chuckle as you see your uncle's pride deflate into defeat.

"(Y/N) is dating Dolores, his good friend." Your mother revealed the answer to her brother-in-law, causing him to lean back on the couch with his hands covering his mouth from the realization.

"By the way, (Y/N), Abuela had come to us to announce that you were invited as Dolores' plus-one for Isabela and Mariano's engagement!" Your papa had his arms up in the air, as he felt such joy from the thought of his child dating a Madrigal.

"Oh." You felt your joy come back as you had just been welcomed by the esteemed Madrigals to their own estate for a formal gathering.

Even though you had let out the outburst last night, with Antonio's ceremony and all, but most of the Madrigals had forgotten about that because they were overflowing with joy as they thought that the two eldest women of their generation would finally have significant others to give life to even more magical and fantastical Madrigals at some point.

"I would gladly like to join!" You exclaim proudly as your family hugs you with excitement.

┅┅┅┅┅┅

Back at the Casíta, Dolores caught word of your acceptance, while her side of the family had stood next to her to listen to your answer, through Dolores' ears.

"What did he say, sis?" Her younger brother Camilo couldn't stop tugging on her arm, waiting for the answer.

Her parents were also ecstatic and nearly as excited as Camilo to welcome you to their house.

"HE SAID YES!" Dolores shouts, as her whole family also follow throwing their hands up in the air.

Camilo was shuffling between all the people he could think to shapeshift into, like you, with your beige shirt with sleeves up to your wrist, and your red ruana that basically matched his sister's ribbon and skirt, and your (e/c) eyes that was unique, that noone in the Encanto had the same shade of, he then switched between you and Dolores, as the clothes just kept flying not being able to keep up with such a swift change of figure.

Pepa had a rainbow that had more colors, and more shades than she had had for years, the only time her rainbow was even bigger and more diverse than this was when her husband Felix proposed to her. The clouds in the sky moved out of the way to make way for the sun, being the perfect metaphor for how she feels right now.

Felix had lifted his youngest son, Antonio, up in the sky as he twirled around with his son in his hands, both overwhelming each other with their excitement. Felix brings his son closer to a warm embrace, as he slowly brings the other family members to join. These Madrigals couldn't be happier, as their eldest daughter would also follow her prima's footstep and finally step into dating.

Dolores felt happy to see her family filled with so much joy.

Their happiness was also Dolores' happiness.

She didn't know that they could feel this much joy, just because they thought Dolores had found the love of her life.

Dolores had never seen anything like this before, and this moment made her realize, the thing that makes her the happiest, the thing she would then search for for the rest of her life, her family's happiness.

It was all because of you. You, (Y/N), was the very first person to have shown her family's side to her. You were what made them happy. You were what made her happy.

Maybe truely dating you would'nt be so bad after all.

┅┅┅┅┅┅

On the other side of the house, on the other side of the family, Mirabel, Julieta and Agustin were helping each other make the family's lunch.

They were cooking one of the most delicious foods in Colombian Cuisine, the Arroz con Pollo. The Arroz con Pollo was a rice bowl, served with chicken, different diverse herbs, and yellow rice.

Agustin was just mixing the herbs because Julieta doesn't want her husband to cut off his whole hand due to his nature.

Julieta, being the head chef, was in charge for most of the work, she cooked the chicken and the rice.

Mirabel was cutting the herbs, before giving them to her father. Mirabel was still waiting for you to help her explore Bruno's tower, as you promised.

As for the other Madrigals, Luisa was still busy doing errands for the local townsfolk, and Isabela had Abuela help prepare her look and dress for later.

Mirabel couldn't stop thinking of Bruno's door, and what possibly lies behind it. Barely anyone had gone into Bruno's tower, Abuela had it closed and forbidden to enter after Bruno had supposedly ran away. Everyone had just forgotten about the room, and the owner of the room, Bruno.

"Mama." Mirabel whispers as she continued to chop the celery and the tomatoes.

"Yes, Corazon?" Julieta wipes her hands on her blue apron, she then lays her elbow on the countertop as she turns to face her daughter.

"What does Tío Bruno's room look like?" Mirabel asks, as she looks to the small hallway in the corner of the second floor.

"I don't remember much either." She shakes her head, "Although I remember that your Abuela always scolded him for spreading sand all over Pepa's beautiful yellow dress." She laughed after having a nostalgic feeling, remeniscing about her childhood and the slight scuffles that they had.

"Sand?" Mirabel said to herself, as she thought about what she thinks is inside Bruno's room.

"Here you go, mí amor, i mixed them up for you." Agustin, out of breath, slides the mortar and pestle to Julieta.

"Ay, Agustin, what happened to you?" Julieta scans her husband's hands which was as red as the tomatoes he was crushing.

"Can i have a bite...?" Agustin laughs while catching up his breath.

Julieta lightly slaps him. She takes a piece of the leftover Arepas from earlier and shoves it in her husband's mouth.

Agustin chews on the Arepa as his hands slowly started to lose its reddish tint, to the amazement of the three in the kitchen.

Mirabel and Julieta laughed as Agustin smiled after losing all the soreness from his hands.

┅┅┅┅┅┅

The sun was straight up in the sky, towering over the whole Encanto, it was noon.

You and your family were sitting around the dinner table having a simple yet fun lunch.

The adults talk to each other about their lives and things like that.

Jasmine was sitting on a highchair as she was being spoonfed by her caring mom.

"So, (Y/N).. How did you win a girl like Dolores Madrigal over?" Your uncle laughed, as your parents also follow with the laughter.

You awkwardly laugh as you thought of a reasonable answer.

You knew Dolores would be able to hear what you were about to say, so you decided to take the opportunity to joke around.

"Actually, she was the one that told me she likes me." You chuckle, as you definitely knew that would never happen in your life.

Your mom looks at your eyes with a smile, because she knew you were the one that had a crush on Dolores.

Your papa bought your story, because he was a little slow with reading feelings, but when he does, he makes sure to understand.

Since your uncle didn't know much about your relationship, he also bought it, perhaps, gullibility runs in the family.

You had finished your lunch first, because you hadn't talked much and pretty much stayed quiet unless you were personally called.

You still had Bruno's tower to take care of, so you freshen up after eating, grabbed your satchel, and prepared to meet the Madrigals once more.

"Off to do errands?" Your papa asked as your body was pretty much preparing to walk out of the house.

"Yeah, I guess." You raise your shoulders, as you still had all your attention and intention into going to the Casa Madrigal.

"But, shouldn't we prepare you for the date later?" Your mama sighed as she was very much looking forward to dressing her son up in ridiculous costumes that only she found beautiful and perfect.

"I'll be sure to be home in three hours." You nod, as you opened the front door, to find your way to the Madrigal household.

"Be safe!" Your father said and your uncle followed with the same farewell.

"Thanks!" You politely nod and wave your hand.

Baby Jasmine moves her hand on the table in a wave-like manner, probably trying to wave you goodbye.

You knelt down, and waved at her ecstaticly with a big grin on your face.

The family inside was fully in awe after they saw the exchange from the two siblings.

You stood straight up again, as you finally start to walk through the busy streets of the town.

┅┅┅┅┅┅

"Dolores, you should prepare yourself too, (Y/N) would probably dress formally too." Pepa held her daughter's shoulder as she walked with her around the Casíta that was busy preparing for Isabela and Mariano's proposal.

Dolores laughed at the thought of you wearing a suit that looked like her father's yellow suit. It was both cute and hilarious. She smiled and became even more excited for the occasion later that evening.

"Do you think we have any formal clothes?" Dolores looks up to her mom, who she knows had stored many clothes in her teen and young adult days.

"We have lots! I have this perfect red one that fits you so much!" Pepa laughed as she could see the wardrobe of her dresses in her mind.

Pepa continued talking about her dresses and her young self when she and Felix were yet to get married.

Dolores felt happy that her mom was reliving her old memories filled with so much pride.

"Oh! (Y/N) is at the door!" Dolores whispers to her mom, as they both look at the big blue door.

"Go greet your amor, Dolores." Pepa pats her daughter in the shoulders as she leans in to kiss her cheeks.

Pepa stepped back as she let Dolores walk down to the front door to open it herself.

Even Casíta was holding in the urge to open the door on her own but Casíta was also excited to see Dolores greet you.

You knock on the door, as the shingles on the roof shake upon seeing you.

The door opens, as a beautiful lady greets you as the door opens.

"Hi, (Y/N)." Dolores mutters.

"Hi.." You laugh.

Everyone else refused to make a sound that would disturb the two of you.

You look around and notice the strangely quiet family that is usually noisy.

"I am trully excited to see your beautiful face later at the dinner table." You tell her in an exquisite voice, as her whole family slowly start to crumble in joy.

Dolores laughed at your silly remark and voice, she hasn't heard anything that made her laugh as hard as you did.

"May I enter?" You politely ask the grown ups that were situated on the first floor.

"Oh, Ofcourse!" Agustin proudly accepts your request, as he held his wife Julieta close to him, both of whom were happy to see the two of you talk to each other.

"Come in!" Julieta waves her hand at you, as she moved her hand around her side, pointing to the whole house.

You bow as you step up the doorway.

Mirabel suddenly pokes out from behind her parents' back. Finally relieved to see you here.

Mirabel stumbles her way towards you who had just entered the Casíta.

"Dolores, you wouldn't mind if I borrowed (Y/N) for a while right?" Mirabel quickly says as she looked at her prima in her eyes.

Before Dolores could even react, Mirabel swiftly says "Thanks!" And pulls you making her way to the second floor.

Mirabel stops tugging on you when you stop infront of a dark narrow hallway.

The people had all gone to do their own work in the Casíta.

"Be careful." Mirabel whispers as she scouts around the hallway, looking for anyone that might be there.

Isabela and her Abuela were walking together on the other side of the walkway, talking about their hopes for the proposal.

The pair causes you and Mirabel to duck down, to avoid them seeing you.

You could still hear them talking, so you slowly snuck towards the door.

Mirabel slowly follows you as the two of you stop infront of the dim, wooden door.

"This is it." You whisper to Mirabel.

You couldn't bear to get caught now, so you hope that noone sees you.

You reach for the brass doorknob, when, to your shock, you hear a voice behind you that wasn't Mirabel's.

You remembered that you also had another member of the family helping you with solving the problem with the Miracle, so you immediately knew who had saw you when you heard the familiar whisper;

"Hm!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 480 7
Set after the events of Encanto. - Your family has just moved into the village and your first sight is a family with gifts. One of them, a girl named...
39.8K 1.5K 11
"How does being a Madrigal sound to you?" - [ ✧ ] The Madrigals are known to be a happy, helpful and caring family around the magical town of Encanto...
126K 2.9K 20
Camilo x Fem!Reader "You know...you don't always have to pretend to be someone you're not. There's nothing wrong with being who you really are." "Wh...
140K 2.3K 28
Encanto x reader one shots Requests are closed Honestly, all the characters need more screen time. All of these are headcannons, (most of them), so...