Unexpectedly Meeting You Again

By dlynahoon

- THE UNEXPECTED SERIES : BOOK III - There's a story that Heeseung never told his friends. A story that took... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
unexpectedly falling for you
it's out.

twenty-four

7.2K 626 984
By dlynahoon

"Jung Areum," the police chief called sternly. Areum flinched as the thoughts in her mind started fading. She immediately stood up before bowing at him, "Yes, chief."

"Zoning out during work?" He asked as he narrowed his eyes at her. He knew Areum wouldn't do that, especially at work. He knew there must be something that was bothering her but she wouldn't tell them to anyone.

"Take a rest, detective. You must be tired. Good work," he said before leaving her team's office. She exhaled heavily as she held her chest nervously. Ni-ki approached her, "Are you okay? Are you sick?"

"No. It's just that I argued with Beomgyu."

The younger detective scoffed, "I'm not surprised. Remember the gun I gave you before? Feel free to use it."

She rolled her eyes and continued doing her work on the computer. He was about to go back to his seat until the office door opened, revealing their colleague with a little girl.

"Detective, this kid is searching for you. She said it's urgent."

Areum motioned for the kid to come to her. She watched as her colleague left the office.

"Who are you?" She asked the girl. The little girl flashed a happy smile, "I'm Sim Jiah!"

"How did you get to the police station, kid? Don't you have school?" Ni-ki asked as he folded his arms.

"I'm lost. I need to get back to my uncle's hospital." Jiah said, frightened as she glanced at Ni-ki continuously. Areum frowned and smacked the male detective, "You're scaring her."

"I'll take you there. Where is it?"

"The Park Specialist Hospital," the little girl answered, earning her by surprise.

Heeseung works there.

No. The little girl is lost. I should put my personal feelings aside.

"Let's go," she said before taking her coat. Jiah put out her hand, "Can I hold your hand?"

Areum smiled and held her hand before leading her out of the office. They both stepped out of the police station.

Jiah saw Sunghoon standing near the entrance, hiding his face under a black cap and sunglasses. She gave him a thumbs up and he nodded.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

╔═══════════════════╗
one hour ago.
╚═══════════════════╝

Sunghoon sipped his coffee as he watched Jiah reading a book across from him. "Don't you think something is going on with Heeseung and that detective?"

The little girl immediately closed her book, "You think so too?"

"What are your theories?" He leaned forward. "They could be rivals from their old school. Or maybe, they dated," Jiah started listing all the possibilities.

He leaned back against the couch and folded his arms, "I think they hated each other. And then, Heeseung fell for her."

"So you're saying Uncle Heeseung failed to date? Again?"

Sunghoon nodded. Jiah frowned, "But they both look so good with each other."

"You know what we're gonna do? I'm going to drive you to her workplace. And then, you're going to act like you're lost. Since she's the police, she'll drive you back here and she'll meet Heeseung!"

Jiah scoffed, "Yeah, right."

She looked at her uncle who flashed a stern look. Her eyes widened, "Oh you're serious?"

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

"You're very pretty, Ms Detective," Jiah said as she watched Areum drive her car. The said detective chuckled, "Well, you're pretty too."

They both arrived at the hospital's parking lot. Jiah took off her seatbelt, "Ms Detective, can you take me to my uncle's office?"

Areum felt an invisible arrow shoot her heart. The child was too cute to be scolded. She gave in and got out of the car before opening the door for her, "Come."

Jiah held her hand and they both stepped into the hospital, seeing busy doctors and nurses walking around. There were also patients meeting their families and friends, talking in the lobby.

"We're here!" Jiah exclaimed as they arrived on the second floor. Areum planned to get away from there immediately. She turned around and was about to run away until she saw the man she dreaded to meet the most.

He stood there in the middle of the hallway, shocked to see her too. Heeseung frowned, "Sim Jiah," his voice stern. There was no glint of softness or playfulness in it.

The little girl hid behind the detective, clenching her clothes tightly.

He rushed towards her, "I've been looking for you, Jiah." He grabbed the girl's hand before picking her up.

Areum's heart fluttered, seeing him scolding the girl as he carried her. That was the same way she imagined him as a father when they both dated.

"How did she come here with you?" The male doctor asked. Areum was snapped out of her thoughts. She cleared her throat, "Jiah just came into the police station, saying that she got lost. So I took her here."

"Lost? She was here the whole time. Where have you been?" Heeseung put the little girl down before folding his arms.

Jiah immediately ran away in fear, leaving the two adults behind. He exhaled tiredly and faced Areum, "Thank you for bringing her here."

He examined her face until his eyes reached a small cut under her eye. "The cut seems deep," he said.

She touched the area and chuckled nervously, "It's just a small knife."

Why am I being shy?

I have to hate him. Shout at him. Mock him. Call him names. Anything, Areum!

She stared at him, seeing him in his doctor's coat. Her heart started fluttering again. She swore she could see cupid flying around them.

You have a boyfriend, you piece of shit.

A thought crossed her mind. She took a deep breath and gathered her courage to ask, "Can I have my scarf back?"

"I threw it away."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.9K 7.5K 30
"𝗟ð—ē𝘁'𝘀 ð—ēð—ŧ𝗷𝗞𝘆 𝗞𝘂ð—ŋ ð—―ð—ŋð—ē𝗰ð—ķ𝗞𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗞𝘂𝘁ð—ĩ" He smiled at the girl while extending his hand to her , hoping she'll allow him to help her...
668K 57.1K 42
a shy and cry baby girl who had a crush on Yang Jungwon and confessed her feeling by sending a letter to him everyday . Everything was good until sh...
585K 30K 23
â†ģ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 ð°ðĄðĒðœðĄ, a powerful d...
71.8K 6.6K 35
"𝗊ð—ē ð—ŧð—ēð—ēð—ą 𝘁𝗞 ð—ąð—ž 𝘁ð—ĩð—ķ𝘀 ð—Ū𝘁 ð—đð—ēð—Ū𝘀𝘁 𝗞ð—ŧ𝗰ð—ē ð—ķð—ŧ ð—Ū ð—đð—ķð—ģð—ē𝘁ð—ķ𝗚ð—ē" She said while pulling him with her, running against the wind as...