The Devils Love

By nataleet3

"Now I know why they call you the devil" "I told you I was anything but good Angel" - Two people that could h... More

Chapter One - Tattoos
Chapter Two - Angel
Authors Note
Shots - Chapter Three
New Home - Chapter Four
Kian - Chapter Five
Car Ride - Chapter Six
Tasks - Chapter Seven
'The Devil'- Chapter Eight
'Please Me' - Chapter Nine
'Good Girl' - Chapter Ten
Scratches - Chapter Eleven
Scary Thoughts - Chapter Twelve
Shooting Range - Chapter Thirteen
'The Most Dangerous Drug' - Chapter Fourteen
Sleepless Nights - Chapter Fifteen
Giovanni - Chapter Sixteen
Risqué - Chapter Seventeen
Little Blade - Chapter Eighteen
My Girl - Chapter Nineteen
Captive - Chapter Twenty
Rescue - Chapter Twenty•One
Bath - Chapter Twenty•Two
Twisted Puzzle - Chapter Twenty•Three
Foreign Country - Chapter Twenty•Five
Steaming Shower - Chapter Twenty•Six
Beach Day - Chapter Twenty•Seven
A Night Out - Chapter Twenty•Eight
Beautiful Views - Chapter Twenty•Nine

Getting Away - Chapter Twenty•Four

1.8K 61 1
By nataleet3

Matteo Romano

I seriously don't know how she did it.

I don't know how she got such a hold over me. I don't know how she was able to make her way into my life and make me care so much about her.

When I lost her to Giovanni I was scared. Fear is not an emotion I feel often, but for those days she was gone, I was terrified.

I was terrified because I didn't know what I would do if I had lost her. I know I could live without in my life, but the truth is-

I didn't want to live without her here with me.

Even when I was a child, I never thought I would be capable of feeling anything like this towards someone. Part of me wanted to say I loved her, but I've never felt any type of feeling that was even close to love so I couldn't say for sure that it was.

All I know is I would do anything for her. If she asked me to jump out of a plane I would without any hesitation.

I yearned for the feeling of her warm body wrapped around mine. Not in a sexual way, I just wanted the feeling of her holding onto me like she didn't want to lose me.

I want her to hold me for the same reasons I hold her so close at night.

"Go away with me for a few days." I broke the silence we had been sitting in so comfortably for a few minutes.

Davina removed her head from my shoulder to send me a questioning look.

"No work, no problems, no one to bother us, anywhere you want to go. Just say where and we can go." I told myself that I would make things up to her and this is my way of doing so. Getting her away from the mayhem of the city, somewhere we can relax.

"What about everything here? You have businesses to run."

I smiled at her concern for what I do, but everything would be just fine for a few days. "Kian keeps things running whenever I have to travel somewhere for meetings, he'll be fine if it's because we're going somewhere."

Her face broke into a delighted grin with the idea of just her and I going on a vacation alone together. "Take me somewhere warm that has a beach."

An image of seeing her flaunting around in a small bikini flashed through my mind and I could not be more thrilled to get away now.

"Pack a bag then. I'll get everything set up for us to leave tomorrow."

-

Kian was ready to take things over for a few days, my pilot knew our destination, and my people knew I was leaving for a few days. Only Kian knows the real reason we're leaving.

I could hear Davina shuffling around in her room all morning, rushing around trying to get all of her belongings together before our plane left at twelve pm. My bag was already waiting by the door for me to grab when we leave.

We would have to leave soon. It was a quarter till eleven and we still had to drive across the city to get to the airport in time. With the way New York City traffic can be, I didn't want to run the risk of leaving any later than eleven.

I sat in the living room waiting for Davina, staring at the view that over looks the city. I would deeply miss it for the few days I would be gone.

I was about to get up and ask Davina if she needed help when she came down the hallway with two bags in her hands.

"Are you ready?" I knew the answer was 'yes' because she wouldn't be out here if she wasn't.

"Yeah let's go."

I had a driver take us to airport so one of my cars wasn't sitting there while we were gone. The driver turned right out onto the runway where my plane was waiting.

I could tell Davina was in shock when she saw the plane we would be boarding. "We're getting on a private jet?" There was clear excitement laced through with her question.

We got out of the car but before we walked up the steps of the plane I gave her the conformation she wanted. "Why have so much money and not spend it on your own personal plane?"

I let her go up the steps before me. The pilot was already waiting on the plane along with an attendant.

Davina made her way to one of the chairs that faced into a table, I took the seat across from her. Her eyes scanned over every part of the interior, admiring every square inch of it.

Her gazing eventually stopped and she looked to me, only to find me already staring right back at her.

"My first time ever on a plane and we have it all to ourselves."

"You're twenty-three. How have you never been on a plane before?" I was only about ten the first time I got on a plane so it shocked me that this was her first time.

"Well, my family was pretty poor while I was growing up so we never could afford to go on vacations, especially ones that require you to get on a plane." I had never heard Davina mention anything about her family before now.

I've never heard even a phone call between her and any of her family members. I never really realized it until now. Perhaps it's because I avoided the topic of family as much as I could, so I didn't pay attention to hers.

"You've never mentioned your family before." I cursed at myself mentally for actually saying it out loud without thinking. For all I know she could have had a family like mine and it was a sore subject for her to speak on.

Her eyes instantly left mine. "I never had the best relationship with any of my family so I left home as soon as I graduated high school and never went back. They used to try and contact me, but it eventually stopped after a month or two."

There was definitely more to the story then she was telling me but I'm not going to push her anymore.

"How the hell could you afford to move here at eighteen? A lot of people in their forties can't even afford to live here." This would be the last question I asked about her past because I could see how uncomfortable she was already with the mention of her family.

She laughed a little and then she spoke. "I had been working actual jobs since I could get one at fourteen, and before that I would babysit. I always saved every penny I made so I could leave Jersey, so by the time I was eighteen I had enough to move to the city I loved since I was a little kid. Then I had to work my ass off to stay here."

I was going to reply to her but I was interrupted by the pilot. He said we were getting ready for take off and we needed to fasten our seat belts.

Davina and I both put on the seat belts and left our conversation where it was.

I could see Davina slightly shaking from her leg bouncing up and down, as her fingers were digging into the palm of her hands. It was blatantly obvious that she was nervous for her first flight.

I reached my hand across the table that separated us to grab ahold of hers. She was quick to interlock our fingers together. I let my thumb run back and forth across the back of her hand, soothing the skin beneath it.

"You're gonna be okay Angel." I assured her.

We were soon cleared for takeoff and before we knew it, we were in the air.

Davinas shaking had stopped and now she was transfixed on the clouds that were now under us.

The seat I had sat in started to become uncomfortable for me. By now we were able to remove our seatbelts and get up, so I unfastened mine and stood up.

I went over to the couch on the opposite side from the chairs and laid down across the entirety of it. I could have easily fallen asleep in this position but there was something missing.

Davina.

I haven't spent a single night without her in my arms. Her body against mine, radiating a delicate warmth that would spread throughout my own body.

We wouldn't be to our destination for another couple of hours and there is not much else to do on a plane besides catch up on any lost hours of sleep.

Her gaze was still fixated on the window when I broke whatever thoughts she was having.

"Come here Angel."

A smile spread over her lips as she got out of her seat and came over to me. I wouldn't sit up so she could have her own space on the couch, which left only one option for her.

She threw her legs around my waist so she was now straddling me. My arms instinctively wrapped around her small waist. Both of her hands landed on my upper chest and they slowly rubbed up and down. It caused such a soothing feeling to course throughout my body that I thought she would put me to sleep.

"So are you gonna tell me where we're going?" She asked.

I wanted the exact destination to be a surprise so I gave her the bare minimum. "Somewhere warm that has a beach, just like you wanted."

I heard a scoff first, then it was followed by more words. "Why can't you tell me where you're taking me?"

I chuckled slightly at her. "Because it's a surprise, and telling you would ruin it."

My eyes had stayed closed the whole time so I could only feel when the weight of her on top of me began to shift.

Then her chest pressed down against mine and her breath was fanning over my neck and down my shoulder.

In my mind, I thought she had given up with her attempt to find out where we were going. I should have known better though.

The warm softness of her lips came into contact with my neck, right on the spot that sent shocks through my entire being. They stayed there for a second until she moved up to my ear, leaving a trail of light kisses along the way.

She knows each and every way to get to me and she was currently using those tactics against me. Especially when she whispered so quietly into my ear with the pleading innocent voice I only hear when a situation starts to go down a sexual path.

"Please Matteo."

My eyes finally shot open. I had to use every slight ounce of self-restraint in me to keep from giving into her.

I unraveled one of my arms from her waist to cup the side of her face and turn it so she was looking at me now. The 'puppy dog' eyes I was met with could be enough to melt even the thickest of glaciers in the Arctic.

I lifted my head to bring our foreheads together so I no longer had to stare into those beautiful green eyes.

I have never been the type of man to beg for anything, but when it came to Davina, I would drop to my knees anywhere in the world for her. "Please just go to sleep before I snap and can't resist you anymore."

I could feel the wide smile on her face when she pushed her lips to mine for a light kiss. It only lasted a few seconds before she pulled away.

"Fine. But I hope you realize how tightly I have you wrapped around my finger."

Oh believe me Angel, I know, and I have no problem staying here.

A.N
I know i've been uploading a chapter at the beginning of every month recently but I have a few chapters already finished and waiting to be published so I'm going to start updating every two-three weeks until the book is finished. Thank you all and I love you.

N.T

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 20.9K 59
⚠️18+⚠️ *I added smut, heavy smut* Disclaimer-I started this when I was eleven, almost twelve so this is in need of heavy editing and definitely not...
6.1K 282 35
Who would've imagined that the Italian mafia princess had a devil waiting for her in the city of Russia? ●▬▬▬▬๑๑▬▬▬▬● 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐞 𝐋𝐮𝐜�...
2K 63 23
(Book 1 of His Mafia series) My lover, Stefano. I was so captivated by his love and lust I let the most obvious details slip through the cracks. I b...
179K 4.8K 63
"That's a good girl, Isabella," he murmurs, his words dripping with satisfaction. "Let go. Give in to me." ------- BOOK 1 in the RUSSIAN MADE MAN SER...