Mystique || Louis Tomlinson

By LiveLoveDance913

Mystique - a fascinating aura of mystery, awe, and power surrounding someone or something My name is Ariana S... More

Chapter 1 - Age 5
Chapter 2 - Age 8-10
Chapter 3 - Age 13
Chapter 4 - Record Deal
Chapter 5 - Age 17
Chapter 6 - Age 20
Chapter 7 - Chasing Cars
Chapter 8 - Domestic Chaos
Chapter 9 - A Blast From the Past
Chapter 10 - The Hunt (Part 1)
Chapter 11 - The Grammys
Chapter 12 - Blackmail
Author's Note
Chapter 13 - Conquering Fears
Chapter 14 - People Watching
Chapter 15 - Adventures in Europe
Chapter 16 - There's No Place Like Home

Chapter 10 - The Hunt (Part 2)

62 4 1
By LiveLoveDance913

Hey Guys! I'm so sorry that it has taken me so long to update. My life has been super crazy. Between school and other problems going on in my life I haven't had much time to even think about Wattpad. I'm going to try my best to be better about updating but it probably won't be regular until summer.

We continued walking until we saw a Payless shoe store. "How are we going to get a shoebox without actually buying any shoes?" I asked both Louis and Eleanor.

"How would I know? You're the one that managed to get the toy." Louis replied.

"You're right. I did get the toy." I said with a smirk.

"Exactly, so go do your thing again." Louis urged, but I had a better idea.

"Not exactly what I was thinking. Since I got the toy, it's your turn now. Have fun!" I told him, while giving him a playful shove towards the register.

"It's just a shoebox. This will be easy for the mighty Boobear!" And with that, he confidently walked up to the person behind the register. It was in that moment that I realized Eleanor hadn't been saying much today, or at least not to me. I turned my head to look at her, but instantly turned back to watch Lou and the register because she was giving me a nasty glare. Yikes! What did I do this time?

I didn't have time to think it over very much before noticing that Louis wasn't having very much luck with his "easy" mission. From little bits I could hear of their conversation, it seemed like the worker was just saying "no" to everything Louis said. After much pestering, a deflated Louis finally walked back. "Wow. That really was easy. What did you tell him?"

"I thought I would be simple, and skip to the point so I just asked him if he would give it to me. When he said "no," I had to get clever and come up with something, but he already seemed to have his mind made up."

"Oh Lou. Really? You just asked?" I paused to chuckle before continuing, "Well we still need one, so follow me."

I lead them to a back corner that the person working her couldn't see. I quickly removed a pair of shoes from its box, and slipped the box into our bag. Luckily our bag was big enough that you couldn't tell what was in it. "And you blamed me of stealing." Louis muttered from next to me.

"Hey! This is not stealing. I'm just taking the box, not the actual shoes."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Ari." Louis told me while we stared at each other in some sort of stare down. We kept the eye contact, afraid we would loose if we broke it based off of the nonexistent rules. It went on like this, until a not so happy looking Eleanor interrupted us. She continued giving me a death glare, as she showed us the clearance sticker she had found. We put it in with the shoebox before we decided it would be best to leave the store. The more time we spent in the store, the more time there was for the worker to realize we were trying to smuggle out not only a cardboard box, but also a sticker. We're so bad!

On the way to the clothing store, our next stop, I realized we still need a stranger's signature. I spotted an unsuspecting businessman a few yards away. While I approached the person, I prepared myself by getting into character. "OMG! Is it really you!" I squealed.

"Uh...That depends, who do you think I am?" He replied, looking slightly scared.

"I am such a big fan of yours!!!!"

"Uhhh...." By this point he looked like he was going to try to run away from me.

"Can I pleeaase have your signature!"

"No. Who are you? Leave me alone."

"I promise I'll leave if you give me a signature. Here I even have a napkin for you to write in on. Pretty Please!!!!" I batted my eyelashes up at him, waiting for him to hopefully sign it. Finally he took the napkin from me, and grabbed a pen from his brief case. He signed the napkin, and then quickly walked as far away from me as possible. I ran back to Louis and Eleanor, smiling like a Cheshire cat. On my way back to them, I noticed an elderly couple staring, and muttering to each other most likely about my actions. I just laughed harder, as I reunited with my teammates.

As we walked into Macy's, Eleanor leaned over and whispered to us, "Is it illegal to rip off a price tag?"

"I'm not sure, but even if it isn't we should probably try to be discrete." I told her as I looked around. I felt like I was a spy or robber as I took in my surroundings. There were cameras stationed in each corner, as well as randomly throughout the rest of the store. Finally I found a small isle that wouldn't be seen by any cameras. Eleanor and I went over to it, while Louis went to talk with the person behind the desk.

"Where are you going?" I loudly whispered.

"I'll distract her." Louis said while motioning to the worker with his head, "Just do that quickly."

El quickly found a price tag that was easy to remove, and ripped it off like a band-aid. When we turned around, Louis was still talking to the lady about some unknown topic. Suddenly Eleanor pulled me farther along the isle, and turned to me. "What is your problem? Louis is taken!" She told me angrily.

"What are you talking about?" I was really confused, and had no idea what she was going on about.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. I know you like Louis, but he is my boyfriend."

"That is not true! I would never steal someone else's boyfriend. We're just really close friends. I've known him since I was 5-years-old." I tried to defend myself, but she didn't seem to buy it. Whether she believed me or not, I knew it was true. I am not that type of person. Plus, I only see Louis as a friend and vice versa. People think we are dating a lot because of how we mess around together so much, but that's just having fun.

"You..." Before Eleanor could finish, Louis ran up, interrupting our conversation.

"Hey guys! Look what I got." Louis held up a paper as he talked.

"That's great Lou, but what is it?" Eleanor voiced what was going through both of our minds.

"What is it?!" He scofted, "It's an employee application form of course."

"Right. Of course. Why didn't I think of that?" I replied with sarcasm.

"Why would you want a job here of all places. You're rich." Eleanor added.

"I'm not going to actually use it. It's one of the items for the scavenger hunt." Louis told us, and both El and my faces changed as we remembered that.

"We have almost everything! What next?" I asked, but suddenly realized we hadn't checked the time in awhile. "Wait, what time is it?"

Louis looked at his phone, and suddenly started panic. He began to run, before even giving me an answer. I assumed that meant time was either already up, or really close. I started running after him, trying to catch up. I looked back to see if Eleanor was behind me, when suddenly I was staring at the sky. "What just happened?" I managed to get out as I rolled onto my stomach. I took the hand Louis offered me after he stood up as he explained.

"Sorry that was my fault. I bent down to pick up a penny, it's on the list, and you weren't looking and hit me. So really it's your fault."

"No it wasn't! It was definitely your fault!!!" I said, getting defensive.

"It was both of your faults. Now lets go! We don't have much time!!!" Eleanor yelled while running past us. We both caught up to her, and somehow made it to the fountain just in time. Liam's group got there just before us, and Harry's group came less than a minute after us. We weren't last!

"So now what do we do?" Zayn asked.

"Now we go through all of our stuff and see who won. If there is a tie, we will go by who got here first. Also, don't forget there's bonus points for the team that got the most trash." I told them.

"Okay. Should we start with the trash bonus?" Perrie asked.

"Sure. Everyone count the trash you picked up. Individual items only. That means no ripping things into smaller pieces." I told everyone. After some silence while each group counted, we all finished up and shared our numbers. Our group had 8 pieces, while Liam's group had 15, and Niall's had a grand total of 2.

"Well I think it's pretty obvious that our group won." Niall said jokingly.

"In your dreams. How much extra is it?" Liam asked.

"It's an extra point plus the fact that you had any trash at all is a point too."

"What?! That's not very much! Do you know how long I spent chasing this stuff around!" Zayn said, or should I say yelled.

"You'll get over it pretty boy." Louis sassed, while Zayn continued to pout with an amused Perrie standing next to him.

"Can we go first for counting items now?" Jade asked, with adorable puppy eyes.

"Of course. Let's see what you got." I couldn't say no to those eyes.

After a long time of sorting through the many items, we finally came to the conclusion that my group had won by a single point. Turns out that despite getting the bonus points, Liam's group still came in third, most likely because they spent so much time chasing trash.

Louis was so happy when it was confirmed that we won that he wrapped Eleanor in a giant hug, and then did the same to me. While Louis was hugging me, I could see Eleanor giving me a death glare from over his shoulder.

Thanks for reading! I hope you liked it. Please let me know what you thought in the comments section. I will try to update again as soon as possible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

962 95 23
It's too late to go back now. I would be lying if I said I'm not scared out of my mind, and I would be lying if I said I'm not going to do it...
6.4K 370 21
Is it wrong? One direction are on a 4 week break until their tour 'WHERE WE ARE" starts to promote their new album 'Midnight Memories'... The boys o...
35.1K 2.1K 70
One Night. One Guy. One Mystery. What she thought was going to be an ordinary night out at work ended up being the complete opposite. What he thought...
59.5K 2.3K 68
Life is Freedom. You make your own choices, good or bad. You choose the people you surround yourself with, whether they bring out the best in you or...