Mated to my Alpha's Rival

By prefeze

Elias Sage is the Beta of the Sage Moon Pack. He is loyal to his Alpha, his best friend, Silas Sage. He could... More

Authors Note
Character list
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 ✨
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 ✨
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 ✨
Chapter 12 ✨
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 ✨
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 ✨
Chapter 23 ✨
Chapter 24 ✨
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 ✨
Chapter 32
Authors note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 8

33.6K 1.2K 366
By prefeze

Ryder's POV

I fucking hate Mondays.

But I hate Tuesdays more than Monday's so at least it's not Tuesday.

Edmund - mate, it's Tuesday tomorrow though, ain't that worse.

Groaning at Edmund I begin cursing whoever created the concept of Monday's and Tuesdays.

Edmund - hey, hey buddy. At least it's lunchtime now. Edmund attempts to cheer me up. I've been in a shitty mood since Friday, the last time I was actually allowed to be near my mate. Since then all I'm able to do is watch him from a distance since he doesn't want his friends to find out we are mates.

I just want to touch him once, for fucks sake. I curse the moon goddess for giving me a mate who doesn't want to be mine in public. 

Unexpectedly, someone passes a note into my hand as I make my way to the cafeteria. I turn around to catch the back of my mates head walking away from me.

I quickly unfold the note in anticipation.

Meet in the upstairs bathroom - E

Immediately I make a u-turn practically running to the upstairs bathroom, excited to finally see my mate without having to hold myself back from attaching myself to him.

Soon enough, I'm making my way into the bathroom my mate is waiting in, locking the door behind me not wanting us to be disturbed.

I look at my mate who was standing a few feet away from me. But my mate does not look happy.

Actually, he is glaring at me.

Edmund - what the hell did you do to our mate man?

I didn't do anything!

Edmund - clearly you must've because he looks like he wants to kill you.

But I don't remember doing anything, I whine back at Edmund.

"Why the hell are your friends staring at me whenever they see me?" My angry mate asks me.

"Um," I stumble trying to come up with a reasonable lie. "I don't know," I state rather than question.

"Did you tell them?" He glares at me. I bite my lip while yelling at Edmund in my head asking him how I should respond. "Did you fucking tell them we are mates Ryder?"

Edmund - there's no point lying. He'll be madder later.

Not helpful Ed!

I slowly nod at my mate who was still glaring at me, slightly scared. "I told you I didn't want anyone knowing." Elias furiously tells me.

"I know, but Arabella guessed it the day at the diner and I couldn't lie to her. They're my best friends Elias," I admit.

"That's not fair Ryder," he tells me, grabbing his hair in frustration.

That's when I decide to put my foot down. "No, what isn't fair is you hiding me as if you're ashamed of me, we are mates. I don't care if people know Eli! I don't care if people have something to say about it or disagree with it because at the end of the day you're my mate!" I exclaim, equally frustrated.

"I know, Ryder!" He yells. "But I'm still Silas' beta whether you like it or not. I'm not just going to run into the sunset with you and abandon my pack. Especially when Silas absolutely hates you,"

I sigh angrily, "I don't care if that mop hates me or not. He needs to get over himself. If anything I should hate him, he fucking burned down my finals painting."

"After you put Nair in his shampoo! He literally went bald," he defends.

"Hey! I wouldn't have done that if he didn't put piss in my locker! You know how territorial wolves are," I exclaim, throwing my hands up.

"That would have never happened if you and your dumb friends didn't throw paint balloons at us!" He fights back. "I had to chuck out my favourite hoddie because I couldn't get the paint off," he argues.

I start laughing at the memory but immediately stop when I notice Elias death glaring me. "Okay, I'm only sorry for that one because you were involved," I calmly say trying to cheer him up. "Either way the tool needs to stop being a baby."

"Would you stop calling Silas names," Elias snaps at me.

"No I won't," I cross my arms. Elias groans in frustration at that.

"Look Ryder, either way I'm still fucking annoyed you told your friends when you know I didn't want you to," he tells me before storming towards the door, leaving me alone in the bathroom.

Edmund - that went nicely.

Shut up, I groan.

I told you, I fucking hate Mondays.

*

"What's wrong?" Arabella asks, stopping her fight with Blaze. "You've been moping ever since lunch at school today," she states, making Blaze nod in agreement.

"And don't say it's nothing," Blaze interjects, "even warriors have been giving you looks from your attitude today," he nods his head towards the warriors keeping an eye on me during our training session.

"You never lose focus during training," Arabella states.

I groan frustratedly, "it's Eli," I sigh. "He's annoyed I told you guys about us being mates."

My best friends make an 'o' face in sync. "How did he find out?" Blaze inquires.

"Maybe because you two idiots were staring at him all day," I glare at them.

Blaze gives me an awkward smile, knowingly. Arabella avoids my eye, while brushing her hair away from her face to distract herself.

I continue to glare at them, daring them to defend themselves. "I promise we weren't intentionally trying to stare at him," Blaze huffs out desperately.

"We were just curious about about our future Luna and couldn't help ourselves," Arabella says honestly, as I continue to glare. "Look," she takes a pause, "we have only known Elias as our enemy, it is only natural for us to want to know why exactly the Moon Goddess chose him as your mate."

I exhale deeply, "I don't blame you guys," I say without thinking. "Okay, I kind of blame you guys since you're the reason why Elias is currently avoiding me," I remind them, "but I don't blame you guys for being curious."

"We're sorry for getting you caught," Blaze gives me a sympathetic smile.

"You bloody better be," I groan, remembering that I still need to work out how to make things right with Elias. "Now I don't know what to do about my situation, how the hell am I meant to get him to forgive me."

"Well, technically it's not your fault that Elias doesn't want anyone knowing you guys are mates," Arabella mentions. "Besides, it was only a matter of time before we would've found out anyways." Blaze nods in agreement.

I groan again, "I know, but I think he's more scared about Silas knowing then anything else."

Blaze scrunches up his nose in distaste while Arabella scoffs, "who cares about that mutt anyways," she spits at the mention of the slug.

"He does, apparently," I roll my eyes.

"Why don't you just wait until Elias comes crawling back to you once he gets over the fact that we know," Arabella shrugs.

I shake my head, "that won't work." I know Elias enough to know that he won't be the first to crack. Besides, it's only been a few hours and I'm already missing him.

"Maybe you should ask him on a date?" Blaze suggests, making both Arabella and I look at him curiously. "I mean, you guys recently found out you're mates and haven't really gotten to know each properly yet, outside our long term feud." I nod my head at that.

I need to take Elias out on a date.

"Perfect, we got that settled then, we'll work out the rest after we finish our training session, or we'll never eat dinner tonight at this rate," Arabella states, getting up to yell at the warriors to get back to training.

————————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7M 633K 81
Book #1: The Mated Series Julian Heil, known for his intelligence and calm exterior. As the future alpha of the Black Moon Pack, he only cares about...
135K 6K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...
327K 13.9K 54
Moving is never fun, moving into your new stepdad's house because your mom decided to remarry again is even less fun, and being sent away unexpectedl...
21.7K 706 43
There are many types of mates in the werewolf world. Alpha x Alpha, Omega x Beta, Alpha x Beta, Beta x Beta, Omega x Alpha, But there has never been...