My Mr Bodyguard

By isawritesfanfiction

♣ what happens when a determined, stoic and arrogant man meets a kind hearted yet stubborn woman? More preci... More

Author's Note
chapter 1 : Oh My God!
Chapter-2 Meeting Parents
Chapter - 3 The Surprise!
Chapter - 4 A What??!
Chapter - 5 Doctor's Appointment
Chapter - 6 Going Home
Chapter - 7 Silence
Chapter - 8 Confused
chapter - 9 Stubborn Woman
Chapter - 10 Nightmare
Chapter - 11 The Talk
Chapter - 12 Girl Friends
Chapter - 13 Your Date
Chapter - 14 Shopping
Chapter - 15 The Ball (One)
Chapter - 16 The Ball (Two)
Chapter - 17 The Trainer
Chapter - 18 What Was That?!
Chapter - 19 Can I Buy You Dinner?
Chapter - 20 Angry Avneet
Chapter - 21 I'm Hurt
Chapter - 22 Nigam Family
Chapter - 23 Complicated Feelings
Chapter - 24 Danger?
Chapter - 25 Into The Unknown
Chapter - 26 The News
Chapter - 27 Getting Along
Chapter - 28 So Close
Chapter - 29 The Unexpected
Chapter - 30 Realisation
Chapter - 31 Determined
Chapter - 32 New Mission
Chapter - 33 Can We Talk?
Chapter - 34 Outbursts
Chapter - 35 Surreal
Chapter - 36 Mi Amor
Chapter - 37 Plan Backfired
Chapter - 38 The Apology
Chapter - 39 A Situation
Chapter - 40 The First Fight
Chapter - 41 Change Of Plans
Chapter - 42 The Village
Chapter - 43 Settling In
Chapter - 44 Meet & Greet
Chapter - 45 The Virtual Meeting
Chapter - 46 Dear God!
Chapter - 47 His Jealousy
Chapter - 48 The Walk Of Shame
Chapter - 49 Unanticipated Accident
Chapter - 50 The Relief
Chapter - 51 On Our Way Back Home
Chapter - 52 The Chaos
Chapter - 53 Sudden Arrival
Chapter - 54 Playing Challenges
Chapter - 55 Caught In The Act
Chapter - 56 Calm Before The Storm
Chapter - 57 Into Lion's Den
Chapter - 58 Trapped?
Chapter - 59 Upper Hand
Chapter - 60 Consequences
Chapter - 61 Appalled
Chapter - 63 Craving You
Chapter - 64 Revelation
Chapter - 65 Big Decisions
Chapter - 66 Wedding Bells or Not?
Chapter - 67 One Step Closer
Chapter - 68 Dreams & Surprises

Chapter - 62 Anguish

1.7K 153 63
By isawritesfanfiction

Avneet's eyes watered hearing Siddharth's words. Reality came crashing down over her. Her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach creating a hollow ache in her heart. 'T-the contract is over? How..?' she thought as sorrow settled heavily on her chest.

Her heart simply couldn’t accept the truth. The thing that had them bind together for such a long time, the contract, had ended. She couldn’t control the desolation she felt at the moment.

Yes, she didn’t want a bodyguard at first, but no one warned her about the emotional attachment that was to tie their souls. As she gazed into his saddened eyes, she wanted to run and throw herself in his arms and shut off the world around them.

She felt very lost at the moment. He was like the wall she always leaned on whenever she became overwhelmed with her emotions. He'd always hold her tightly, muttering sweet encouraging words to her.

'Who will hold me now?' she asked herself, suddenly feeling extremely lonely and vulnerable. She subconsciously wrapped the uninjured arm around herself and dropped her watery eyes at the floor.

Siddharth couldn’t do anything except watch the hurt and pained expressions taking over her beautiful face. Fear of uncertainty clouded over her heart as she wrapped her uninjured arm around herself and dropped her gaze to the ground, defeated.

As soon as his family entered the cabin, Siddharth felt dread. He didn’t show it in his face but he knew exactly what that meant.

Classified information could only be shared outside when the contract gets nullified or completed. He realised that he had only a little amount of time with his Avneet. And that was why he didn’t bother releasing her from his hold. It was just an excuse to steal more time to savour the feeling of Avneet in his arms.

His heart broke seeing the crushed look on her face. A painful knot formed in his chest when he saw the way she hugged herself, knowing she only did that whenever she felt dejected and lonely.

He wanted to rush to her, hold her and kiss her. He wanted to say 'please don't feel sad. Our contract must have ended, but my love for you is infinite.' He felt desperate to get rid of the self-conscious thoughts from her mind. But before he could utter a word, the door opened from another person's presence.

"I hope I'm not too late," a familiar voice rang out. Recognising the voice, Avneet turned around quickly. Her already tearful eyes broke the dam and she lunged herself at her dad. Seeking protection and warmth that Siddharth couldn’t provide at the moment.

Siddharth's jaw clenched. He fisted his palms tightly. He decided to hide their relationship. And he had been regretting that ever since. He wanted to reach out to her and give all the love and protection she needed and steal her away from the world.

"How are you, my princess?" Mr Nandra asked warmly holding his daughter to his chest as his worried eyes searched for discomfort on her face.

Avneet wasn’t sure how she felt at the moment. She was happy with the familiar hold of her dad but the sadness she felt overwhelmed her senses as tears kept rolling down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry for being so late, princess. I've come to take you home," he said gently kissing her forehead. Siddharth tensed immediately. He wasn’t ready. 'She couldn’t go.' he thought alarmed. His heartbeat sped up in panic. He could feel himself sweating. 

"I-it’s o-okay, dad." Avneet sniffled wiping her tears away. All the while she had forgotten the people around her. She looked at them and felt guilty seeing the awkward expression on their faces. Even Vansh was hiding behind his mother's legs, peeking at her with his big confused hazel brown eyes.

"I'm so sorry. Where are my manners. This is my dad Amandeep Singh Nandra. And dad they are–" Avneet started apologetically before Aman cut her off.

"I know who they are, princess. I have talked with Mr Abhishek Nigam this morning only." Aman said smiling politely at Abhishek who looked nervous at his presence.

"Of course, sir. And please, call me Abhishek." he rushed out nervously.

"Sure and drop the formality, Abhishek. Your brother here is almost like family to us. Isn't it right, princess?" Aman asked looking at Avneet who became awkward and gave a stiff nod.

"Namaste," Aman greeted Vibha and Vaishu with a polite smile. They also greeted back with hesitant smiles. Realising the tense atmosphere, Aman directed his attention to Siddharth. (Greetings)

"Siddharth," Aman called snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Yes, sir," he replied firmly. Aman looked at him regardfully and gave him a warm smile as he took the seat beside Siddharth's bed.

"Thank you," he started. Siddharth's eyes widened slightly at the vulnerable state of Mr Nandra. He was always emotional about his family. And Siddharth respected him for that.

"I can't thank you enough for what you did for my daughter." He said gulping harshly. Siddharth's eyes flickered to Avneet who looked about to cry herself again.

"Don’t thank me, sir. It was my duty. I signed my life and loyalty to her when I signed the contract paper," Siddharth said emphasising on the sentence praying to God that she understood the hint which had a double meaning to it.

Avneet's breathing hitched when Siddharth replied to her father while his eyes bore into hers. She knew what he meant. At that moment she realised, she was not alone in this. He felt the same too. He wanted her to know he loved her and he'd be by her side even if there was no contract between them.

Avneet gave him a faint smile and saw how Siddharth's shoulders sagged in relief. Siddharth looked back at Aman who was smiling at him.

"You have an admirable passion for what you love, my boy. And I am impressed seeing how passionate you are about your job." Aman said giving his shoulders a strong pat. He looked pleased with Siddharth's answer. Aman stood up, walking to Avneet.

"Time to go, princess," Aman said wrapping his arm gingerly around her shoulders. Avneet tensed instantly. She snapped her gaze to Siddharth who was staring at her with a sad smile.

Before she could reply, a nurse entered the room with a wheelchair and froze seeing Aman. Her eyes widened seeing the politician in front of her.

"Oh great, why does every person who sees me pales like I'm about to kill them?" Aman complained irritatedly making the tense atmosphere disappear making others laugh.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but Doctor Amir told me to prepare discharge papers for Mr Nigam. If you're ready, then he could be discharged right now. Someone from his family just has to sign the papers." the nurse said eyeing everyone especially the VIP person present there.

"Let's leave together, Mr Nandra. If you don’t have any problem of course." Vibha said wanting to ease both Avneet and Siddharth's dilemma.

Yes, she had noticed how distressed they both were. She knew what they shared was more than what they were showing to them. It was not friendship. It was something deeper than that. She just wasn’t sure if both of them were aware of each other's feelings.

"Why not? We can leave together." Aman said smiling at her politely. Avneet shuffled in her feet as her heart squeezed excruciatingly in her chest. She didn’t want to go. Her eyes blurred but she couldn’t let the tears fall.

A few minutes later, Siddharth was free from wires in his body as Abhishek helped him get off the bed to the wheelchair. A lump formed in Avneet's throat as she saw how weak he was as his right knee buckled.

Verma was a sick man. Siddharth was already shot at his left shoulder. So, Verma shot in his left thigh so that he lost his balance.

Avneet's heart broke seeing him struggling with one foot as Abhishek helped him ease into the wheelchair. Avneet swallowed hard and took the water bottle beside her and rushed to his side seeing him breathing heavily from the strain of his sore muscles.

Siddharth's eyes snapped to hers and she forwarded the bottle with trembling hands. He inhaled sharply at the expression on her face. She was trying her best not to cry for his sake.

"Thank you," Siddharth said softly as he deliberately brushed his fingers over her hand and gave her a small smile. Avneet muttered a soft 'welcome' as she shot him a hesitant smile afraid someone must've seen his actions.

Siddharth kept his eyes trained on her as she hesitantly walked back to her father who was talking with Vibha. It looked like they were already out of the awkward zone.

It didn’t take them long to exit the room. Vibha and Aman were chatting animatedly while Avneet walked beside them quietly. Vaishnavi and Vansh were walking behind them with Vansh holding his mother's fingers.

Behind them, Abhishek was pushing Siddharth's wheelchair. Siddharth kept his eyes on Avneet. The way she wrung her fingers confirmed his doubt that she was feeling anxious. She was looking down. Her hair loosened from her messy bun.

Siddharth wanted to pull her hair free from the bun and thread his fingers through them. He wanted to hug her from behind and kiss her head millions of times to remind her that he would always love her. He wasn’t going anywhere.

"Stop staring, you're looking like a creep," Abhishek whispered in his ear, voice laced in amusement. He was observing them for a while and it seemed like his brother couldn’t keep his eyes off her.

"I'm not staring," Siddharth grumbled averting his gaze making Abhishek snort with laughter. Siddharth was caught by his brother and he didn’t know how to feel about that.

"Sure," Abhishek teased chuckling but didn’t push the topic. He didn’t want to put more on his younger brother's mind. So, he casually changed the topic.

Avneet was blank till they reached the lobby. She has been walking beside her father but her mind was miles away. Her eyes widened realising they were already outside the hospital.

She quickly looked for Siddharth. When her eyes fell on him, she was surprised to see him already staring at her. His burning gaze eyed her with such intensity that she was tempted to stomp towards him and give him a breath-stopping kiss.

Abhishek rushed to the garage to bring his car. Aman also rang a call to his driver. Avneet bit her lower lip. She didn’t want to part their ways. She was habituated with him. She slowly walked near him, even though he was right beside Vansh. His mom and her dad were still chatting whereas, Vaishu was checking their stuff.

"Hey," she mumbled softly. She didn’t know what to say. She didn’t want to say goodbye.

"Hey," he said still staring at her. Imprinting her beautiful face on his heart knowing she ruled over there.

Siddharth watched her shuffling in her foot uncomfortably. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and licked her lower lip. He knew she wanted to say something and he waited patiently for her to say.

He saw her slowly parting her lips. Those alluring lips which he had been sucking on a few hours ago. Before she could utter a word, someone interrupted her.

"Avu didi," Vansh called holding two of her fingers in his fist. Avneet snapped her gaze at him and saw him looking up at her with a bright smile. She couldn’t help but return his smile and drop to her knees so she was now levelled with his small height.

"Yes, Vansh," she replied smiling and waiting for his words. He immediately held both of her hands in his tiny hands and started talking.

"Can I sit in your lap today?" he asked, looking up at her with big puppy eyes. Avneet's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"You want to sit in my lap? Now?" she asked confusedly. Vansh shook his small head very fast.

"No, when dad comes with our car, I want to sit in your lap on our way back home," he said brightly. His eyes shone in hope. Avneet's heart thudded. Home. This little guy didn’t even realise how his words affected both of the adults.

"Um, Vansh, I'm not going with you today," Avneet said clearing her throat. She was trying very hard not to cry. Vansh's smile dropped with the hope in his eyes. He looked back and forth between Avneet and Siddharth.

"Why not?" he asked with a confused frown. Avneet's grip tightened around his small hands.

"Well, you see him?" she asked pointing at her father. Vansh followed her finger and found Aman and nodded his head.

"He is my dad and he wants to take me home with him," she finished smiling slightly in the end.

"Can't you ask him to let you come with us?" Vansh asked sadly. Avneet bit her lips to stop her voice from cracking.

"Vansh," Siddharth called gently. Avneet was grateful for him to help her. Vansh looked at Siddharth.

"Her mom misses her. You know how worried your mommy gets when you're in the park for too long?" he asked, to which Vansh nodded vigorously.

"Then think about how worried her mommy must be knowing she was not home since yesterday," Siddharth finished. Vansh nodded in understanding.

"Okay, Avu didi, let me tell you how to escape your mommy's scolding," Vansh whispered, smiling at her. Avneet enthusiastically asked what it was.

"When you reach home, give your mommy a BIG hug. And she won’t be mad at you anymore!" he whispered in her ear even though both of the adults could hear him. Avneet chuckled but nodded running her fingers through his hair lovingly. She loved the kid.

"Ah, I see. So, this is why you hug me whenever I'm about to scold you," Vaishu said with playful narrowed eyes. Vansh's eyes widened.

"Oops," he muttered and ran to his grandmother making the adult chuckle.

"I'll go handle the little troublemaker," Vaishu said with a soft chuckle and excused herself.

They finally had some privacy.  Even though they were standing on the perimeter of the hospital with their family members a few feet behind them. Something is better than nothing.

But of course, fate was not on their side today. As Avneet stood up, Abhishek parked the car right beside them. Avneet sighed in defeat looking at her feet.

Siddharth had enough of this, he forwarded his hand to take her hand. He wanted to plant a parting kiss on her hand and say how much he loved her. But before he could touch her hand, Abhishek stepped behind them making him drop his hand.

"Sorry guys, they won’t let me park here for much longer," Abhishek said apologetically as looked back and forth between them. Avneet bit her lower lip and nodded.

With that, Abhishek rolled Siddharth's wheelchair to their car. Siddharth didn’t like how much he had to struggle to stand up. He felt weak. And he didn’t like feeling like this.

He was breathing heavily by the time Abhishek helped him to the back seat of the car. Avneet didn’t think much and rushed to him. Seeing the frantic eyes of her, Abhishek sneakily walked away, giving them their much needed moment.

Siddharth wasn’t even paying attention to his brother. His eyes instantly locked on hers. He wanted to say so much. But he didn’t know how to start. So, he just stared.

When her eyes stung from tears, she threw her arms around his neck without thinking about the pain she was about to feel. Her heart ached so much, it was like giving up a part of her away. She felt helpless.

Siddharth's breath knocked out of his lungs when she hugged him. He didn’t hesitate to wrap his uninjured arm around her tightly. He closed his eyes, taking in her homey scent. A painful knot formed in his throat as he felt her trembling in his hold. He knew she was trying her best not to cry.

"I'll miss you," she croaked out after a while. Siddharth fisted his palms over her dress.

"I love you," he rasped against her skin. His own voice was heavy as sincerity dripped from his voice. Avneet's eyes blurred.

"I love you," she whimpered out, barely holding back a sob as she loosened her hold on him.

Siddharth hesitated to leave her. All he wanted to do was, pick her up and run away. Avneet gave him a watery smile when she stepped away from him.

"Thank you again. For keeping me safe," she said sincerely. She had said the exact words multiple times when they stayed together.

Siddharth gave her a smile though he wanted to pull her back to his chest and kiss her.

He watched, as she slowly backed away from him. He fisted his palm over his trousers. H watched her father walk to her and wrap his arm around her shoulders and put a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Only then he realised, his family members were quiet. He tore his gaze away from her to see the reason behind that. They started chatting quickly. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion seeing his family trying their best to convince him with their pitiful acting.

His mother was twirling Vaishu's hair saying how she loved the style even though her eyes flickered to Siddharth every second.

And his brother. Oh boy. He was whistling happily looking up at the sky. A smug smirk on his lips which he couldn’t hide. While Vansh looked between them with a confused look.

Siddharth had to give it to them though. His family deserved a prize for the world's worst acting. 'So dramatic,' Siddharth thought rolling his eyes.

"Dada," Siddharth called feeling annoyed with their weird acting.

"Yes?" he replied feigning innocence.

"Are you done?" Siddharth asked looking bored. Abhishek's eyes flickered back at Avneet. He smiled softly, nudging his wife and mother.

They walked to the car as a security guard came forward and shut his door catching Avneet's attention. Siddharth quickly rolled with the window down looking right back at her. He could hear the voices of his family beside the car.

He saw her father say something to her and she gave a timid nod and he started walking away. He gulped harshly, yearning to run back to her. He didn’t want her to walk away. He saw how she looked behind her shoulder when she stood right before her car. She gave him a short sad smile and stepped inside.

Siddharth felt the car vibrate when his brother started the car. He dropped his gaze in his lap. Lots of thoughts running inside his head.

He was lost. An unusual feeling of emptiness surged inside his chest. Something inside his stomach twisted when he saw her car drive away from them. From him.

Siddharth didn’t utter a word on his way to his home. The usual warmth he felt whenever he was going to Nigam Manor was not there. He felt like something in him was missing.

Even after he was taken inside his home, the emptiness remained heavy on his chest. The most difficult part was helping him upstairs. His mother told him multiple times to stay in the guest room downstairs for the time being. But he refused.

With slow steps with his brother's help, they reached his room. He wasn’t surprised to realise that he couldn’t feel the relaxation whenever he stepped inside his room like before.

Something changed.

And he knew what changed. He couldn’t feel at home because he didn’t feel it in the walls. He felt at home with her. His Avneet. She was his home.

_______________________________________

"Oh, my Rabba!" Sonia cried out as soon as Avneet entered their home. Her mother rushed to her and pulled her into one of her bone-crushing hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay," she sobbed squeezing her tightly.

"Relax, dear, you're kinda making it hard for her to breathe," Aman tried to joke. Sonia immediately released her, scared to hurt her daughter more.

"No, it’s fine, mom. I've missed you." Avneet said with a warm smile. She wasn’t lying. She did miss her family. A lot.

"We missed you too, di," Jai said entering into their conversation with a wide grin. Avneet smiled at him as warmth filled inside her hollowed chest.

"Come in, di. Reem is here too!" Jai couldn’t help but exclaim in joy. Avneet shook her head with a small smile.

After chatting with her family and Reem, she was tired. She wasn’t feeling too good. Her thoughts were full of Siddharth. She couldn’t help but worry for him. She wanted to take care of him herself.

She excused herself when she realised she was dirty. Her clothes were borrowed, her hair was a mess. Her face was rough. She walked inside her room, taking her clothes out of her closet, she entered the washroom for a much-needed bath.

She relaxed into the bathtub, rubbing the dirt and yesterday's filthy memories out of her mind. Only if it was that easy. She could imagine the feral look in Shashank's eyes which made her shudder. She shook her head, wanting to erase the memory.

'He is going to pay for what he did anyway,' she thought feeling proud of herself. She did it. She didn’t think she had it in herself. She helped Siddharth to take him down. She couldn’t be more proud of her bodyguard.

A sad smile broke out on her lips. She was already missing him. She didn’t know what to do. What was she supposed to do? What did Siddharth want to do? She knew his job was a priority and she fully understood why he wanted to hide the relationship.

She sighed closing her eyes. She felt refreshed. She washed her hair, careful of her wounds getting wet. After feeling satisfied that she was clean enough, she stepped out of the tub and wore her comfortable clothes.

Avneet dropped on her bed as soon as she dried her hair. The lack of her sleep was catching up to her. Even though Siddharth let her sleep on him for a while, it wasn’t enough for her tired self.

She shut her mind off. She didn’t want to cry herself to sleep. She missed him. A lot. She wanted to hug him and snuggle on his chest. She loved how he would welcome her with open arms and how affectionate he was with her. He didn’t hesitate to show lower his guard around her.

Her heart throbbed as sadness wrapped its boney arms around her. Her throat clogged up. She was feeling lonely. And she didn’t like it. She clutched the comforter closer to herself, wanting to hide from the pain inside her chest.

She closed her to embrace the sleep with open eyes but she couldn’t find a comfortable position in the bed. She took her pillow, hugging it tightly trying to imagine it to be someone else. But it didn’t help.

An irritated groan left her lips. Sleep wouldn’t come. She couldn’t sleep without him. She was habituated with sleeping over his hard chest. That was why she fell asleep so easily on him in the hospital.

She was twisting and turning on her sides repeatedly, wanting to fall asleep when her phone rang. She huffed frustratedly and received the call.

"Who is this?" she asked, irritation could be heard in her voice. She wanted to get over it and try to sleep.

"Your future husband," replied a deep timbre voice, complacent laced in his tone.

Hey guys!
Here is chapter sixty-two. Hope you'll like it.

I absolutely love Nigam family, lol😂

How do you think they will be handling the new challenge in their relationship?

What will Siddharth do next?

How do you think Avneet will cope with the new situation?

What do you think will happen next?

Stay tuned to know more! 👻

Please vote, share and comment 🤗

Love ya'll

-Isa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 8.9K 38
A SIDNEET FANFIC ---------★★--------- Love, trust, feelings and relationship what are these things ?! Well for a normal p...
371K 21.7K 56
"Vivaah Sampan Hua" Siddharth Nigam, a popular bachelor business man, mafia king is tied in a sacred bond called marriage with a hot, cute girl named...
136K 8.3K 43
This is my second wattpad story on Sidneet. Siddharth Nigam a famous Superstar of bollywood and top most entrepreneur of india, is engaged with his c...
34.3K 2.5K 64
Season 1 completed Season 2 started Till then here's the description What will happen when a dentist will be substitute bride of a businessman who ha...