student council || chubby rea...

By hoblivious

The adventures of Y/n and Jungkook, members of the art club, who learn to become friends in a high school rul... More

Student Council
01 | the art club
02 | loner wolf
03 | the caring big brother
04 | friends... not
05 | budget raise
06 | the treasurer
07 | card games are fun
08 | the fat girl
09 | what happened to professor kim?
10 | dear friend
11 | solange wants to join the art club!
12 | the secretary
13 | group chat (kwon's mistake)
14 | double (and half) date (and Jimin's first Otome game!)
15 | role model
17 | haneul
18 | date afternoon
19 | study group
20 | family dinner
16 | the brothers' mother
21 | summer break
22 | gift hunting
23 | high schoolers x ARTS contest
25 the occult club
26 | posing for jungkook
27 | who the f*ck are you
28 | birthday party
29 | breakup or make up?
30 | official contestant
31 | the vice-president pt.1
32 | the vice-president pt.2 / the talk
33 | silent life (memories)
34 | him again?
35 | pair work
36 | pair work at home
37 | jungkook and y/n
38 | january's bad news
39 | to grow up
40 | bad day
41 | five things I like about myself
42 | festivities
43 | goodbye maya
44 | preparing the haunted classroom
45 | bangtan high's spring festival
46 | finally
47 | the president's house party pt.1
48 | the president's house party pt.2
49 | go away
50 | changes
epilogue

24 | the awkward walk home

381 37 8
By hoblivious

J U N G K O O K

Although he looked fine from afar, Haneul wasn't that handsome from up close. He was nowhere near Taehyung nor Seokjin's level of beauty. To be fairly honest, he didn't deserve Y/n in terms of looks.

How should I describe him?

An average guy with round glasses and dark brown eyes. He had black messy hair which his girlfriend seemed to die over. She kept ruffling it whenever she saw him, and he always had the exact same reaction: he'd chuckle and tickle her. So childish. Anyway, he was just a random student who managed to seduce a younger girl.

"Kookie!" I flinched, abruptly being brought back to reality. That's when I noticed Y/n's hand pulling my arm like a child demanding an adult's attention. "Haneul asked you a question."

Immediately, I turned to the older guy. When our eyes met, he adressed me a warm smile. Ugh, he seemed so nice! With no other choice but to cooperate for the sake of (Y/n) and I's friendship, I smiled back.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked in the kindest way possible

The boy shrugged while that stupid smile remained plastered on his face. "It's fine, no worries. I just wanted to know more about your arts."

The (h/c)-haired added, "I told Haneul you were super talented!", with a proud smile on.

"I'm not bad." I shrugged, averting my eyes from the too excited female between us "But yeah, I love drawing. Thus, the art club. Y/n on the other hand..."

To that, Haneul let out a loud chuckle.

"She told me how she joined the club. She's lucky you guys were kind enough to give her a chance!"

I rolled my eyes, recalling the infamous day. Despite the fact that she made a fool out of me in the eyes of my fellow members, she managed to impress me. After all, she had the audicatiy to join a club where she clearly belong in the first place.

"She should thank president Sarutobi for that." I mumbled

The (h/c)-haired nudged me in the stomach, causing me to groan in pain. She seemed content with my reaction.

"What about you?" I ignored her "Do you have any hobbies?"

The boy nodded shyly, scratching the back of his neck as his girlfriend grabbed his arm as if he was about to fly away if she'd release her grip. He didn't seem to mind though.

"I'm into poetry." he shyly admitted

I couldn't help but glance at him as I thought how I'd never guess it. Although I wasn't interested in poetry at all, I had to say it was pretty impressive for an eighteen years old male to enjoy it.

I tilted my head on the side. "Can you write?" I curious asked

He nodded vigorously, obviously proud of himself. "Not to brag, but I've won a few contests though I like it better when I write for myself."

I had to agree with him on that one. "I get it, just do your thing and enjoy it to the fullest."

Haneul grinned widely, sharing my opinion. "Just like Y/n!"

This time, I frowned. "What about her?" I lowered my gaze, fixing it on her sheepish face

She didn't answer, letting her boyfriend continue. "Well, she writes for herself. She doesn't want me to read it, not even a glance!" he pinched her cheeks, making her giggle—disgusting

I, on the other hand, couldn't believe my ears. "You write?" I asked the girl

She turned to me, allowing me to notice the blush on her squishy cheeks. My smile dropped off as I realized Haneul knew more about her than I ever did. Why didn't I know she liked writing?

"How come you never said it?"

Y/n frowned a bit, shrugging. "It's kind of a secret. Well, was." she said, turning back to her boyfriend who raised his hands in defense

For the rest of the walk, I didn't utter another word. The lovers kept quarreling, not even paying attention to me anymore. I was fine with that, too busy processing what I had just learned. It was odd, wasn't I Y/n's friend? Why would she keep that from me yet managed to let Haneul know?

I felt betrayed.

"Jungkook?" A few minutes later, I heard my 'friend' call my name. That's when I realized it was my cue to leave since we had to part ways.

"Uh, good evening." I mumbled

"Good evening, Kookie!" the girl waved, mimicked by her boyfriend

After that, I went home, unable to think of anything but the girl's unexpected passion for writing.

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

The next day, I wanted to confront Y/n regarding the secret she kept from me. I'd spent a lot of time thinking, trying to process the fact that my friend choose not to share her passion with me, her friend, whereas her boyfriend knew right away. I get that one cannot put a friend and a boy or girlfriend on the same level, but still. I felt like I meant nothing to her.

However, when the (h/c)-haired girl jumped in my direction during lunch time with a cheerful smile plastered on her round face, I couldn't simply give her the cold shoulder. Still, I needed to understand why she'd hide such a random information.

Taking a seat right across from me, she placed a food tray on the table. "Miria and Jieun are eating with our classmates. I don't feel like socializing right now."

I nodded. "Thus you eat with someone else."

She rolled her eyes. "I never mind talking with you." her words made my heart flutter, which I ignored as much as I could "What's with you anyway?"

"What'd you mean?" Averting my eyes from her face, I kept glancing at my food.

"You're acting weird. Are you sulking?"

Lips pursed, I had to look her in the eye now. "Why would I be?"

Y/n frowned, tilting her head on the side as she stared back. "Come on, Kookie. You know I know you."

Of course she does. Since I wanted to talk about it anyway, might as well do it now, I told myself.

Sighing in relief at the thought of finally opening up about the writing issue, I placed my chopsticks on the tray then pushed it aside, yielding full attention to Y/n. "I'm just curious—yesterday, Haneul said you can write, and I don't know, I kind of took it badly."

She blinked twice, obviously bewildered. "But why?" before I could answer, she muttered "I knew it was about him..."

"No, it's not about him!" I said quickly "It's about you. I thought you trusted me enough to confide in me."

Out of the blue, a chuckle escaped her lips. She ignored the glare I sent her, rolling up the sleeves of her white blouse. "Jungkook, of course I trust you. But this—writing—I'm not confident enough to say it. It's a hobby, something I really enjoy. Really not that big of a deal."

"You know I like to draw."

"Everybody knows. Also, you're talented."

"I'm sure you are too!"

"That's not the point." she sighed "Listen, I don't feel comfortable admitting it."

"Still, why would you hide it from me? I thought we were friends?"

A flash of surprise crossed her (e/c) eyes, but it vanished as soon as it came. Her eyes bored into mine, but no words came out. She sized me up, creating an uneasy atmosphere. After what seemed like hours—but were only a few seconds—the girl made up her mind to break the heavy silence.

"We are friends, and the fact that you know lifted a weight off my shoulders." her eyes squinted as the corners of her mouth moved up "To be honest, I didn't plan on telling Haneul at first, but his passion for poetry left me no choice."

I nodded, listening quietly.

"I'm sorry for not telling you first, but I get to share something with my boyfriend, and it makes me happy."

Gaze stuck on the familiar figure; I bit my lip to prevent any petty comment to come out my mouth. Now was not the time to anger Y/n.

"You really don't need to be jealous."

"W—what?" I scoffed, letting my hands fall on my thighs. "I'm not jealous!"

"Sure." she smirked "Done sulking?"

I rolled my eyes. Indeed, I felt better. Seconds later, we had completely changed the subject. Y/n mentioned the registration for the art contest, curious to know how I was doing. To be frank, I still had no idea. 

"I'll draw something, but I want a small text to accompany the drawing." I paused, noticing how her brows furrowed at the mention of a text "Thus, I have a request. I want you to write it."

Y/n stared in awe, trying to process what I just said. Lips slightly parted, she didn't seem to believe it.

"Please." I insisted "I want this to be our work."

With a heavy and loud sigh, she stuck her tongue out, licking the corner of her lips. "I'm not even good at it..."

"Even Haneul, a poet—an amateur, but still," Y/n shot me a glare "even he agreed you were!"

"Yeah, well Haneul likes me, so there's no objectivity to his view if you want my opinion." she mumbled

I ignored the comment, devouring the food in my plate. This caused Y/n to chuckle as she lifted her hand to her mouth, pointing at the right side of her soft-looking lips.

"Careful, you've sauce right there."

Scrunching my nose in a vain attempt to witness the damage, I thanked her. I cleaned it off with a tissue as the girl across from me kept smiling.

Instantly, an equally soft smile crept up my face. "So, what'd you say?"

She sighed. "Fine, I'll do it for you. But!" she shot me a warning look "No more being jealous over Haneul."

I held back an eyeroll. Easy for you to say.

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 565 22
What happens when the author gets into the story written by them? Y/n, a popular author in Wattpad with the name ' minsuck_.' travels back or should...
300K 12.5K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ đĸ'𝐝 đĢ𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞đĢ 𝐧𝐨𝐭 đĨ𝐨đŦ𝐞 đĻ𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛đĨ𝐞 𝐚đŦ 𝐚 đĢ𝐞đŦ𝐮đĨ𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩đĸđŦđŦđĸ𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭đĸđĻ𝐞-𝐛...
2K 455 25
"It's hard to believe that all I felt for you were nothing but shreds of a fake reality." :: :: KSJ | ©__chososimp 2021√
183K 4.7K 20
"You know I don't care about age all I care about is you Kim y/n! I'm obsessed with you." Yoongi careful touch's y/n face. "Please give me a chance."