Back To You

Af ShortandSweet01

#144 in Teen Fiction 4/8/16 Ten year old Natalia Johnson was the shy girl who usually kept to herself. The on... Mere

Old Town, New School
More Than A Memory
Lost My Appetite
Not the Only New Kid
New Neighbors
Little miss popular
So, You're A Whore?
Oh Fudge
Friendzoned
Playing Cupid
BAD Things Come To Those Who Wait
Time For Revenge
Keeping Secrets
Jealousy Isn't Always Ugly
You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me
So Close Yet So Far
Making Amends
Night of Surprises
Night of Surprises: Part Two
Memory Lane
Author's Note
Vacation For A Day
Left In The Dark
Lucky
Catch Your Breath
Much To Learn
Game plan
Return of the Beast
No Social Ladder
Frenemies
Movie Night
Unmasked
Finally
Home For The Holidays

Blast From The Past

13.8K 421 166
Af ShortandSweet01

I sat on my bed staring at my bedroom door in anxiety.

I shouldn't be standing here, I thought. Cole will be here any minute.

Monday morning finally came and I was stalling. I should've been downstairs ten minutes ago.

What should have been a great day was being ruined by my anxiety. I had been talking to Andrew on the phone all night and we agreed to make our relationship official. Of course, I couldn't focus on that because of the thought of my impending doom.

I was being ridiculous, really. I was just terrified by the thought of facing Rebecca. I mean, she could just walk up and claw my eyes out. I knew she wasn't going to just leave me alone, I shaved her eyebrows off.

I shaved her eyebrows off.

I was going to die.

"Nat?" I heard from outside my door.

"Ah, crap." I muttered before it swung open

"Are you okay? I knocked but no one answered." Cole said.

"Yeah, I'm good." I told him.

I gave me a weird look. "Well then, what's the hold up?"

"Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not feeling too well. I think I'm going to stay in today." I said placing my hand to my forehead.

He raised an eyebrow before nodding. "Okay Nat. If that's what you want."

"I really wish I could go, but I would hate to infect everyone else." I said faking a cough.

He nodded again. "Can I just see your phone really quick?"

"Why?" I asked in confusion but he walked over and grabbed it from my desk. "What are you doing?"

He unlocked the screen since he knew my password. Pretty much everyone knew my password, it was 4321. Not that it mattered, I have nothing to hide, but still. He began scrolling through something but backed away when I tried to see what he was doing.

"Cole. What are you doing?" I asked again, kind of frustrated.

He held up his finger to me like a diva and held my phone to his ear.

"Hey, it's Cole." He said, "you were right."

What?

"She says she's too sick to go today." He spoke again.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked trying to come closer but he backed away again.

"What should I do?" He asked the person. "Okay, cool."

He hung up my phone and handed it back to me. I grabbed my phone back with caution before quickly going to recent calls. I gasped.

"You called Andrew?"

He shrugged. "He said to tell him if you tried getting out of school."

"You traitor!" I yelled.

He laughed as a figure came and stood in my doorway.

"You know, I should really start locking my front door. You guys could have been murderers and my parents are still sleeping the day away in their bedroom."

"You don't look sick to me, Tally." Andrew said with a fake disapproving look.

"It's the eyeliner." I said gesturing to my face. "It does wonders. I'm actually dying on the inside."

He rolled his eyes before looking at the traitor in the corner of the room.

"Thanks for the heads up Cole. I'll get her to school." Andrew told him.

Cole nodded before throwing a smirk my way.

"See you at school, Nat." He teased.

"Go suck a toe, Cole." I called after him. I could hear his laugh from down the hallway.

"Alright." Andrew said and I turned my attention back to him. "We can do this the easy way, or the hard way."

"I don't think you understand the level of the situation." I told him. "There is no way I'm going to school."

He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow. "Looks like it's the hard way."

He shot forward and I let out a scream before scrambling to get away from him. I hopped over my bed and lunged for my closet to lock myself in it. I reached for the door handle when an arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me back. My breath caught as my back hit my bed. He hovered over me.

I stared up at him with wide eyes.

"Are you going to cooperate now?" He asked in a whisper.

I blinked trying to find my thoughts when I remembered why I was refusing to go.

I sighed. "Do I have to go?"

His eyes softened as he stared down at me.

"I know you're scared, but hiding isn't going to help." Andrew said brushing a piece of hair out of my face. He was holding himself up with one arm.

I bit my lip. "I know, I just," I trailed off.

"Baby, I won't let anything happen to you." He assured me. My heart melted.

"You won't always be there, Andrew." I said quietly.

His eyes hardened, looking determined. "Yes I will."

I looked into the grey orbs staring back at me. My lips lifted into a small smile.

"Okay." I said finally.

He grinned back at me before leaning down and pecking my lips and my smile widened.

"Let's go Tally, we'll be late." Andrew grabbed my hand and pulled me off of the bed.

He walked over and picked up my back pack before dragging me out of my room and out to his car.

I would be lying if I said the school looked any different. There wasn't a dark cloud hovering over it, or lighting striking in the background. In fact the sky was clear, and other than the early morning chill the day was beautiful.

I took that as a good sign and decided that maybe I wouldn't die today.

"You ready?" Andrew asked me after putting his back pack over his shoulder.

I took a deep breath before nodding and giving him a smile of reassurance.

He laced his fingers through mine and gave them a squeeze before we walked into the school. My eyes were wide and alert looking out for Rebecca. I was so focused on avoiding the brunette that I almost missed the stares.

I blinked and looked around. More than a few kids were staring at me, or rather, mine and Andrew's interlocked hands. I suddenly remembered that Andrew was very high up in this school when it came to social statuses. The highest up, actually.

I bit my lip and looked down, self conscious suddenly.

"What's wrong?" Andrew asked. I looked up at him and he was giving me a concerned look.

"Do they always do that?" I asked him.

"Does who do what?" He asked in confusion.

I nodded to the other students. "Do they always stare like that?"

He furrowed his eyebrows before looking around. The girls caught gawking blushed and turned away quickly. He turned back to me and shrugged.

"I guess. I've never noticed before." He said.

I laughed. "How could you possibly not notice?"

He grinned. "Maybe I was too busy noticing you."

I rolled my eyes at his cheesiness but my heart beat a little faster.

"Omg, cutest school power couple coming through." I heard Zander say. I looked over at him and blushed at his words.

"I don't know, Trent and Robyn are pretty cute." I gestured to them standing next to the rest of the group with amused looks.

"Oh please, Tally. I am way cuter than Trent." Andrew scoffed.

"As if, I am so much cuter." Trent flipped his imaginary hair over his shoulder.

"Alright ladies, let's not fight about it." Chase cut in. "I think we all know I'm the cutest."

The little argument continued until the bell rang and we all went off to class. I parted with Andrew and Robyn and I made our way to first period.

"Have you seen Rebecca yet?" I asked her and she shook her head looking sad.

"Unfortunately, no. She's probably hiding. Waiting until her eyebrows grow back." Robyn answered.

I breathed out a sigh of relief. Maybe she wasn't even in school.

The first few periods went by uneventfully and it was lunch. The anxiety came back since I always saw Rebecca in the cafeteria. There was no hiding. If she was here, she would find me. I took deep, calming breaths as I made my way to the table.

"Breathe Nat, you look about ready to pass out." Zander told me.

I smiled sheepishly.

"Would you calm down? She can't do anything to you with all of us right here. Besides, I don't even think she came to school today." Chrissy said.

Someone sat next to me and I felt my body relax when I felt the warmth radiating off of them. I looked at him.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked me.

I nodded with a smile. "Yeah, I'm good."

"Have you guys seen the new girl? Totally hot." Was the first thing Chase said when he sat down.

We all looked at him in confusion.

"New girl?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah. Her name's Brianna. I almost got her number." Chase said grinning.

"Only almost?" Katelyn said with a smirk.

Chase pouted. "Yeah, she's kind of a bitch. I wouldn't date her but she'd be quite the hook-up."

John, Trent, and Andrew laughed.

"Ugh, you are such a guy." Chrissy said with a look of disgust.

"Hey! What's wrong with being a guy?" Trent asked pretending to be offended.

"Not you guys." She gestured to Trent and Andrew. "Relationships made you less disgusting."

"What about John? John's not in a relationship." Robyn said.

John, Zander, and I exchanged a glance. Chrissy looked stumped for a minute.

"Actually-" everyone turned there attention to John when he spoke and mine and Zander's eyes widened.

"John is in a relationship." He said in third person.

It was quiet for a minute. I looked at Zander to find him completely in shock.

"What do you mean? When did you get a girlfriend?" Trent asked him.

"I didn't." John said making Trent confused. He looked around the table with a nervous look before gulping. "I have a boyfriend."

My jaw was on the floor. I could not believe he was actually confessing it.

"Wha- what do, wait. What?" Andrew kind of stuttered.

John nodded, looking slightly more sure of himself. "I'm gay."

I smiled widely and leaned over the table and hugged him tightly. He seemed surprised but I didn't care.

"You did it!" I said when I pulled back and I clapped my hands a little.

"Is this for real?" Chase asked, still dumbfounded.

John nodded.

"Well, who's your boyfriend?" Robyn asked.

Everyone looked to him for the answer and he cleared his throat quickly glancing at Zander before lowering his eyes. He opened his mouth to speak when Chrissy gasped.

"Oh my god. It's Zander isn't it?" She said.

John's eyes widened and eventually he nodded. Everyone's jaws dropped more, if that was even possible.

"No fucking way!" Katelyn exclaimed.

"That's so cool!" Robyn said.

"I always wondered why you didn't get with Roxanne last year at her birthday party. Now I know." Chase said with a laugh.

"So, are you guys cool with this?" He asked timidly.

"Of course, man!" Trent said.

"Why wouldn't we be?" Andrew asked.

"Yeah just as long as you know my sexy ass is off limits." Chase added.

John gave a look of disgust. "You guys are practically family. That'd be like incest. Not my style."

The girls and I laughed.

"But be with who you want, we don't care." Andrew said reassuringly.

"We're not here to judge, Johnny." Trent teased.

"Do not call me Johnny." He said sternly but I could tell he wanted to smile.

I looked over at Zander who looked both relieved and excited.

"That went better than I expected." Zander said.

John nodded in agreement.

"Oh, this isn't over yet. Why the hell did you not tell me!" Chrissy said angrily to Zander.

"I didn't know how." Zander said quietly, looking guilty.

"Zanny, you can tell me anything." She said to him.

"I know. But it wasn't just my secret, it was John's too." He explained and Chrissy nodded in understanding.

"Then how did Nat know?" Katelyn spoke up.

My eyes widened. "What do you mean, Kate?" I asked.

"Oh, don't play dumb, I could tell you knew." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

I bit my lip. "Well, if we're being honest." I paused and I could see John's cheeks reddening. "I may have walked in on something that I shouldn't have at that last party we were at."

"Holy shit!" Chrissy exclaimed.

"No, no, calm down! It wasn't anything above pg 13." I told them and everyone seemed to relax a little more.

The conversation went on with mostly questions about Zander and John's relationship.

"You guys!" Chase said suddenly. "There's the new girl!"

We all looked to where he was pointing. I gasped.

Rebecca walked into the cafeteria. She had cut some front bangs for herself long enough to cover her lack of eyebrows and was wearing a cute little hat. She wasn't why I gasped though. She was standing next to a tall, slim, gorgeous red head. The 'new girl' was wearing dark skinny jeans and mint green lacy shirt that brought out her intense green eyes.

Her presence caused images to flash through my mind.

"Come on, we need another girl to play to make it even."

I squeezed my eyes shut trying to block out the images.

"What the hell was that Natalia? You said you knew how to swim!" I looked up to find Brianna staring at me with hard, angry eyes.

I reached up and rubbed my temples.

"Tally?" I heard from beside me. I felt Andrew's hands on my waist, turning me to face him. "Baby, are you okay? What's wrong?"

I lowered my hands and opened my eyes to look at him. He looked at me
with confusion and worry as he waited for an explanation.

I shook my head. "I'm fine. I just got a little headache. It's gone now."

He looked unconvinced but didn't get a chance to reply.

"Natalie! What a surprise." The cold memory of her voice sent a shiver down my spine.

"Brianna." I said turning to her. "It's Natalia, by the way. Not sure why that's so hard for the two of you to remember." I said to her and Rebecca.

The table was giving me a confused look and Rebecca was glaring at me from under her bangs.

"I was wondering why you stopped coming to school." Brianna said. "Not that I missed seeing your split ends and oily skin, but I was still curious."

I stayed quiet and she seemed satisfied so she looked around the table before her eyes landed on Andrew.

"Oh, hello." She leaned forward and place her hands on the table in front of him. "I'm Brianna."

He stared at her in confusion before leaning back in his seat. "Is there something I can help you with?" He asked her, sounding bored.

Her mouth popped open in surprise and she stood up straight.

Rebecca took the chance to step in. She looked completely livid. My eyes widened at the look of determination in hers.

"I'm not here to play games. I know it was you, Natalia. And I don't care how many people you have at this trashy table." She stepped in front of Brianna and stared at me with dangerous brown eyes full of hate. "I will end you."

Robyn stood up suddenly, causing Rebecca to take a step back.

"Okay, I don't know who you are." She said pointing at Brianna, "and I don't know who you think you are," she pointed at Rebecca, "but if you talk to her like that again, you'll wish the only thing I did was shave your eyebrows off." Robyn's voice was low and cold. I had never heard her sound so dangerous.

Brianna narrowed her eyes. "Oh Sweetie, I don't think you realize who you're messing with."

"And I don't really think she cares, I know I don't." Chrissy said.

"Maybe you should go." Zander said, giving them a look of caution.

Brianna raised an eyebrow. "Fine." She turned to me. "But don't think this will last, Natty. You remember what happened last time you tried to make friends. It didn't end well, did it?"

Anger and hurt built up in my chest.

"It only ended badly because you're a lying, heartless bitch! You were the one who made everything so much harder for me!" I said angrily.

She seemed surprised then amused by my accusation, which only made me more mad.

"It's not entirely my fault. It's so easy to get bored of you. It's only a matter of time before your little army feels the same way. Don't say I didn't warn you." She smirked before grabbing Rebecca's arm and walking out of the cafeteria.

I lowered my head and stared at my lap. My eyes burned but I refused to cry.

"Okay, what the hell was that Nat? How do you know her?" Robyn asked me.

I shook my my head and pressed my lips together, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

"Tally?" I heard from beside me. "What's going on? Who is she?"

I took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling.

"Oh, that was just Brianna." I rubbed my temples again when I felt another headache coming on. "The girl who single-handedly ruined my life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heey guys!

I was really excited to get this chapter up! I have not had the time to write lately!

Well here is the chapter :)

I have a very important announcement! Since the last chapter went up this book got to 100, 000 reads!!!!!!

You guys are amazing!!!

Some big surprises:
John is officially 'out' and Natalia's past coming back to haunt her.

Questions to ask:
What will happen with Brianna and Rebecca as a team?
How will the new arrival affect Nat and Andrew's blossoming relationship?
Will Rebecca's eyebrows ever grow back?

I want to hear what you guys think so COMMENT and VOTE!!

Thanks to everyone who have commenting and voting on previous chapters, you do not go unnoticed.

Anyway, to the side is the infamous Brianna.

Until Next Time...

~Lori~

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

771 28 32
Maddie and Amber are best friends that have known each other since 5th grade. They have gone through thick and thin together, causing one another tro...
3.2K 210 24
Highest Rankings: #12 in Teenmother (11th May 2018) #60 in Teen Fiction #59 in Chicklit😘(23rd July 2018) Meeting you was fate, becoming your frien...
173K 7.4K 82
Every high schooler says that high school is hell, but for an eighteen-year-old, Isla, it really is. For someone who is so sweet and pure she doesn'...
3.8K 173 25
Your life is a lie. It's scary to imagine and Kelly, just like any other student and teenager, faces her own set of small adolescent problems. So lif...