The Proposed Marriage

By remixthestory

/BOOK 2 - PROPOSAL SERIES/ -- Starting fresh, starting new is never easy. Not when you leave a major part of... More

❥ Copyright & Characters
❥ Prologue
❥ 1. Hiraeth
❥ 2. Smultronställe
❥ 3. Anam Cara
❥ 4. Hülya
❥ 5. Orenda
❥ 6. Scintilla
❥ 7. Komorebi
❥ 8. Anodyne
❥ 9. Minutiae
❥ 10. Marmoris
❥ 11. Serendipity
❥ 12. Phosphenes
❥ 13. Inchaote
❥ 14. Ramé
❥ 15. Immure
❥ 16. Dormiveglia
❥ 17. Puissance
❥ 18. Haimish
❥ 19. Flōrentis
❥ 20. Asawa
❥ 21. Brontide
❥ 22. Morii
❥ 23. luftmensch
❥ 24. Aporia
❥ 25. Frore
❥ 26. Parastin
❥ 27. Moed
❥ 28. Procellous
❥ 29. Hellion
❥ 30. Toska
❥ 31. Tacenda
❥ 32. Oneirodynia
❥ 33. Souris
❥ 34. Attrahent
❥ 35. Lucesco
❥ 36. Kalon
❥ 37. Boketto
❥ 38. Tyyneys
❥ 39. Mizpaho
❥ 40. Rakuyou
❥ 41. Neomemenia
❥ 42. Ominous
❥ 43. Verticordious
❥ 44. Elide
❥ 45. Zemblanity
❥ 46. Hävitys
❥ 47. Dolent
❥ 48.Còsagach
❥ 49. Ukiyo
❥ 50. Sayonee
❥ 52. Affrap
❥ 53. Kärsiä
❥ 54. Crudêl
❥ 54. Cruor
❥ 55. Brumous
❥ Epilogue

❥ 51. Juggernaut

2.8K 159 12
By remixthestory

Juggernaut (Noun)
something that is very powerful, especially something that has a bad effect; a massive inexorable force that seems to crush everything in its way

♡♡

Soft caresses woke her up, and her fingers were held by another set. Soft and gentle strokes on her under wrist made her snuggle more to the warmth. Her head lay on a soft pillow, it was warm and welcoming to her. She breathed into a spicy scent that made her giddy, the familiarity of the smell tantalizing her senses, revoking them from sleep.

It was a touch, a soft one. Almost lulling her back into the arms of sleep when she felt someone kissing her forehead, it was so light, full of love which made her smile. She pressed her head more and the hold on her waist tightened. Someone was playing with her fingers, tracing every line, crook, and edge of them. Now it was her ring that was being touched, a finger memorizing its shape and cuts, a finger rounding her gold band on moving down, running along her veins and stopping at her elbow and escalating back up. The Little game of touches kept going on until someone shifted their weight away from her. The cold air brushed her now exposed skin and she tried grabbing onto her source of warmth.

She whined as she failed. Her palms now searching for a comforter to cover her, with still sleep clouding her senses she grabbed a fist full of the warm comforter and snuggled back into it, almost losing herself to sleep when she felt the bed dip behind her. She moaned in approval as a body settled beside her and her source of warmth returned. Two small kisses lingered on her shoulders before she was pulled back closer and the light breathing touched her back.

All the movements were enough and successful to kick the sleep out of her system. She was laying still in her place, opening her eyes and blinking slowly as her pupils adjusted to the light, it was the creaks in curtains which let the sunlight in, brightening the room enough with fresh morning rays.

She sighed as the last two days of their vacation in Alibaug started coming back to her. She smiled in contentment, cuddling back to the warmth her husband provided. She felt his arm tighten around her bare skin, making blood rush to her face and neck. It's been more than 24 hours since they gave themselves to each other, Yet the shyness made her face heat.

Her fingers traced his arms leisurely, remembering how gentle he was with her, acknowledging the virtue she was ready to give him, Every step he took he made sure she was comfortable with it. He kept her above his pleasure and her heart somersaulted at the thought. Biting her inner cheeks, she tried getting out of this hold but he didn't let her go, grumbling in the crook of her neck, he revolted against her attempt to get up.

She pouted as her failed struggle, she wiggled under his hold when he pulled her back and she felt him, hard against her back, she stilled.

"It's your doing dove" he grunted in his sleep-lazed voice making her take a sharp inhale. "Now you're going to treat it."

He flipped them, bringing himself on top of him. His eyes weren't sleepy anymore, they were dark, glistening with lust and seduction. The lopsided grin on his face was enough reason for her to give up on him. He didn't have to do much, she was already putty at his touch and a single gaze of him was enough for her surrender.
He leaned near her face and she caught his shoulder, her palm covering his lips.

"No kissing. Morning breath" She stated trying to pry him away.
"See if I care?" He smirked, not waiting for her to reply, he left an ephemeral kiss on her lips, then another and another until she grew frustrated.

She pulled him down and kissed him.

What started as a slow and sensual series of touches turned into hungry, needy, and ravenous. They were fighting for control, wishing to hold and not let go. He was gentle at first but his actions turned wild with need, the craving to hold her, to make love to her was taking the front seat in his brain, making him act to its command.

Mahira felt herself blast in ecstasy as he pleasured her to the extent she felt herself at the loss of breath. He helped her climb to the highest cliff and then he pushed her down, following her to the deep valley of pleasure and love.
She was panting for breath, feeling his heart running at thousands of miles a minute her fingers caressed his hair, his face nuzzling in the crook of her neck.

"Was I rough?" He asked with concern lacing his features.

"No." She shook her head smiling, her palm caressing his sweat-covered cheeks, her flushed face getting crimson "I liked it"

His brow raised with amusement, his palm caressed her curves "You did?"
Her eyes widened feeling him twitching. "Veer, get off me" she tried pushing him away.

"Mood killer" He pouted before slowly withdrawing him from her.

"Look who's speaking?" she rolled her eyes and made him fall back on the bed. "Get ready! We have a three-hour drive back home Mr. Malik"

"Not so sure I want to leave this place, Mrs. Malik," He said looking around and then at her. His eyes had a longing in them to not leave yet.
Mahira smiled in understanding "We have made so many memories in these two days."

"And I'm not ready to let them go just yet," Veer said. "Let's spend all our life in this town?"

"Will you drop everything, Your very hard-earned work, your company, your life back there? What about your best mate Danish? He's very eager to get you back at work" She asked teasingly.

He rolled his eyes and pulled her towards him.

"Leave me Veer. I've to shower" Mahira shrieked in response, trying to swat him away.

"We'll shower together. Save water save earth dove" he said picking her up in his arms.

"Put me down. Put me down please" She protested, hitting his bare chest. "Veer!"

"Shush! Dove. You're creating Voice pollution" He chastised her, leaving her jaw drop. He placed her down on the tiled floor, making her yelp as the water hit her bare skin.

"You brute!" She slapped his bicep, shooting him a murderous glare.
His lips puckered in amusement, his hand working on the knobs and warm water turned cold.

She shrieked "Why are you doing this?!"

"Because I love you Ira" He grinned cheekily.

The shower which was to last a maximum of half an hour was stretched longer, not because the two were busy doing other stuff but because the banter between the two made them tease and argue while running water, eventually leading Mahira to stomp her way out.

She kept shooting him sharp glares till the time they left the place with packed bags and locked the house on their way, dropping the key as instructed.

Their luggage was already in the car and now the two just had to get their breakfast and get back to their home.

"Come" he pulled her wrist, leading her away from the vehicle.

"Where are we going? What about the car?" Mahira asked seeing Veer nowhere intended to take the vehicle anywhere yet.

"Breakfast, Dove." He said glancing at her "I'm not yet done with this place yet."

She nodded.

The direction of the air made her hairs flow all over, she huffed bunching up her loose traces, and tried tying them back when he removed her hands from them. She shot him an annoyed look asking What he was up to?
He gestured for her to turn and quickly braided her long silky waves loosely. He patted her hair and grinned at the impressed face.

The bells chimed, indicating their arrival in the food joint they have discovered a day before for food. Taking a table at the corner, They placed their order with the happy waitress.

"I'm going to miss this" Mira said dejectedly.

"What about we come here every two weeks or whenever we have holidays to spend? It's just a short drive from Mumbai." He suggested.

"Really? What about other commitments? Veer we can't be attached to this place. I know it holds our special memories but then we have so many places to explore." She reasoned.

"Oh!" he said faking sadness "Then my investment is going to be wasted"

"What investment?" she asked quizzically.

He smiled sheepishly "That house...I sought of met the owner and you know I liked the place and its architecture so..."

"So you did what?" she raised a brow, doubts making sense to her "You did not..."

"Well I did" he shrugged "I bought the place for us."

"What?" She gasped "Are you serious?! Why did you buy a property here?"

"You know to come here whenever we feel like" he grinned "I'll have a caretaker appointed and he'll keep the place clean and maintained. I have also set the date when we can come here and get the house officially transferred to us. It's a gift, Dove. My gift for you"

Mahira blinked, averting her eyes back to him from the table. "Veer... I...I'm speechless. Thank you" She whispered, feeling goosebumps crawling on her hands.

"How could I let that place go? We confessed our love in that place, I got to know so much about this Mahira and then I made love to you in that place. It's a special place for us Ira and I have planned that every year we are going to celebrate our anniversary there, Just the two of us and no one else." He kissed her palms. "It is going to be our happy place"

"Our happy place" she nodded, her throat clogged and a smile so trembling that if not for the place she would have rushed to him and kissed the daylights out of her husband. "Thank you so much, Veer"

"My pleasure, mi amore" He faked the accent, making her chuckle. He grinned "Now, Enjoy breakfast"

The car drive to Mumbai seemed to end faster, much to Mahira's dislike.
She glanced at him who had his eyes fixed on his phone screen as he went through his work emails in the elevator. She mentally scoffed.

"Stop making that face dove. You don't want wrinkles just yet" He commented.

Mahira rolled her eyes snorting.
"Your eyes might stuck back there, be careful." He shot again smugly.

"Can't you focus on your work? I have kept you away for two whole days, Catch up with your bae and stop telling me what to do" Mahira huffed, walking out as soon as the elevator gates parted.

He shook his head, pocketing his phone.

A hand shot and she was yanked back. Stuck between him and the wall.
"What happened?" he tipped her chin up, staring into her eyes.

"Nothing," she said averting her gaze, she pushed at his chest but she was far from making his move. 

"Ira" he called her, his eyes demanding answers.

"I didn't want our gateway to end just now. You'll get busy with your work, I'll get back into my life. We'll get just a few hours every day together. I...I am being so irrational right now but I'm feeling like nothing is going to be the same, something will change both of us. I can't ignore this feeling. It's nagging me...." She groaned in frustration "Just ignore what I said. I'm acting like a child right now, I'm not making sense." 

"Hey! Look at me" he cupped her face, bringing her close to him. "Nothing is changing us, you hear me? We'll make a lot of time for ourselves. I promise to not overwork myself and I'll definitely let you. I'm here, you're he. We're too and we'll be just the way we are today. Nothing or No-one can change us."

Mahira stared into his eyes, nodding after seconds. The annoying feeling wasn't better but she was holding onto his words.

"I trust you." She said to him, touching her forehead with his "And I love you."

"Me too. I love myself" he grinned smirking.

Mahira chuckled rolling her eyes. "Now I'm sure, you'll never change. Let's go in. Mira and my baby would be waiting for me."

"Yeah! Can't wait to see that little annoying piece of..."

Mahira elbowed him hard.

"What? I meant to say fur" He groaned in pain.

"I know all about it." She shot him a glare and rang the bell.

"It is our house" Veer announced and turned the knob to open the door. His steps halted "What are you doing here?"

Mahira peaked from behind. In the living room stood Apoorva and Mira, The duo were frozen in their place, Apoorva shot a discreet glance towards the girl who acted all so casual but the wavering smile said a different tale.

"Bhai, Mahi you're home" She greeted, taking steps forward and hugging her brother.

Veer looked down at the girl. "How are you? And what is he doing here?"

Mira smiled, almost grimacing at the question. "Why don't you come in? Mr. Presi...I mean Apoorva was just leaving. He got what he came for" Her eyes were daring him to go against her.

"Yeah, I got my thing back which your sister borrowed...No, she stole from my place." He glared at Mira before he nodded toward the couple in greeting.

"What's he talking about Mira?" Veer questioned.

"It's nothing Bhai. This man tends to drop his packages at door and leave them there then he goes on assuming that people will steal them." She gritted, her eyes narrowed in the signature Malik slits.

"I'm sure it must be a misunderstanding" Mahira piped in.

"Yeah. Miss-under-stealing" Apoorva jabbed quietly.

"Mr. Sehgal," Veer said in warning but held on to his words as Mahira gestured him to not say a word.

"Why don't we solve this with a cup of coffee?" Mahira didn't wait for anyone to protest "Mira ask Geeta to prepare some coffee for two people, Me and Veer will take tea." She requested and Mira scoffed before muttering fine. She left towards the kitchen. "Veer, can you please keep these bags back in our room? I'll get our drinks there." She gestured for him to comply and he gave in with a pointed look.

"Mr. Sehgal please have a seat," Mahira asked him.

"Apoorva please." He murmured.

"So, what happened?" She asked with a small smile.

He sighed showing her a brown paper-wrapped small package "I had this set of tapes delivered to me by my assistant this morning, He was in a hurry so he left this inside and left the door open. When I came out to check, it was nowhere. I tried searching for it everywhere and called him but it was of no use. Then I asked the building security to see the footage...."

"But he only saw the part where I'm seen with his package in the garden. He didn't replay the past 10 minutes when Jim-jam entered his door and brought the package to me as a toy for him. You know Mahi, he came barging in and started shouting at me that I stole his confidential package as if I have no better thing to do in this entire world. " Mira glared at him, her fingers wrapped tightly around the mug.

"Yeah? And about the fact that you were playing with the pack to the garden has nothing to do say here? Not once you tried to look for its owner. It is confidential Ms. Malik. I could have lost millions if this would have misplaced or worse released. I'm not insane and I go around screaming at people unnecessarily. This was important for my work." Apoorva glared at her breathing fire.

"If that's t case, go fire that lazy head assistant of yours who messed it all up. Jim-jam or I am not to be blamed for his carelessness." She was equally riled up.

"I'm not going to leave him but that doesn't erase the fact that you were all unbothered about the package, you didn't check once where your dog brought it from. You were just too happy to juggle with a new toy."

"What?! I was not...."

"Enough both of you" Veer interrupted the glaring session.

Mahira breathed a sigh seeing them shut up. She smiled in relief seeing him commanding the room.
"Mr. Sehgal, I apologize on the behalf of my sister..."

"Bhai"

"...and our dog. I understand how confidential things are to be treated, I would suggest you teach the same to your assistant. Next time he leaves you open and any mishappening takes place, I'm worried you won't get any head to blame for." He completed.

Mahira gaped seeing him in control, she bit her smile back in search of damage control. "I'm sorry Apoorva. Jim is just 3 months old, we're getting him trained."

"It's fine Ma'am. No damage done as of now. I would appreciate some people being a little careful next time" he pointed to Mira with a look.

"Why not make some amends in the constitution Mr. President?" She smiled sarcastically.

"Right. I'll work on making common sense a mandatory subject." He shot back.

"You might have to take a demo for years then, knowing that you don't have it" her reply infuriated him but he didn't let it show.

"Yeah! Wanna join me? You'll save years before they start giving you personal training. I seem to know the term but you on other hand are worst than Jim-jam in that department." He snorted leaving her thinking of a smart comeback. "I would take your leave now seeing nothing more is to be said" He nodded at Veer and Mahira. Shooting a scowling Mira a smirk he left.

Mira stomped her feet and left for her room, she slammed it hard and Mahira broke into a series of low chuckles.

"These two are annoying" Veer shook his head, the duo was irking him.

"They're cute" Mahi grinned.

"Cherry"

The call made the girl startle. Her elbow hit the table and she dropped the pile of magazines down with a bang.

"What are you doing cherry? Come down now!"

"Coming mumma" She caressed the elbow and sighed. Quickly picking up all the dropped magazines she placed them haphazardly on the study table, Her pens clanking and falling. She groaned and smashed the pile down in frustration. "Let this assignment go to hell."

Her phone rang.

"Yes Drishti" She sighed in the call, listening to her friend ranting about the new assignment they were to submit for their mid-semester, being into Fashion Designing the assignments and portfolios was a massive headache.

"I know Drish, I have got all the Fashion, Bridal, and Feature magazines from the shop. I'll check them for inspiration and sketch some designs. You can come over tomorrow and we'll finalize our final portfolio" she said massaging her temples.

"That's great. Did you get the new release from RED? Did it cover the Royal engagement and the best outfits in there? Did you get it?"

Cherry shuffled between the fallen booklets, finding it. "Yes, Got it. I'll check it once I tend to my mumma. She's screaming her guts out for the last ten minutes."

Drishti laughed "Go, Go. I'll search more about this pastel lilac sequin saree I so loved in that issue, it is ethereal."

Cherry hummed "Okay. Text me the page number as well."

"Consider it done bestie."

Cherry groaned slamming her phone on the bed and started picking up all the magazines and dropping them on her bed. Topping it with RED.

"Cherry!" Her mother yelled her name again.

She silently screamed in frustration and stomped out of her room only to bump into a figure. She jumped back at the touch. "Mamu" She gritted quietly, the hatred for the man quite visible in her unwelcoming glare.

The man took a leisurely glance at her and then at the scattered pile of magazines lying on her bed. "What happened Baccha? Sabakichu ṭhika āchē?" (Everything OK?)

"Yes. All good" Cherry smiled forcefully. "You need anything?"

The man glanced at her face and gave her his evil smile. "No. I was just here to check on my favorite Mēẏē " (Girl)

"Oh," She mumbled. "Mumma is calling me down for food. You joining?"

"Coming in two seconds" He faked a smile.

She nodded and left, glancing back warily at the man who stood outside her bedroom. She wanted to come back and lock her room but seeing the man was a leach he wouldn't budge until he had his nose in everyone's matter.

The phone chimed catching his attention, without care of privacy he entered her room and picked up her phone to check it. It said a page number and the name of the magazine.

His brows rose in curiosity and he picked the copy, opening the given page number his eyes glanced at the content.

A slow, vibrating chuckle left his lips. "I was looking out for you, Little Princess and you're busy getting showcased in magazines?" he tsked "Such a bad girl, Mishti."

His thumb caressed her face creepily, he bunched the page in a fist and tore it. He snickered shoving it in his pocket.

The phone chimed again.

"This girl needs to be rewarded," he said to himself laughing, reading the text.

Drishti: The designer is from Mumbai, an exclusive store. Check this link out.

"Mumbai?" He tasted the name of the city "You ran to Mumbai, Little girl? Too bad big bad wolves always find their prey."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 818 16
First book in Her series ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Was I raised without love? Or was I born unloveable? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Noor...
106K 1.1K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...
18.4K 916 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...
17.5K 1.2K 44
Mom, dad I'm finally back to this country. To the place that took my everything from me. I don't know how I'm gonna face all the upcoming challenges...