UNKNOWN | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 4)

ixfixite_ által

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNTOLD) UNRAVEL book 4: When darkness envelopes Aine Estoileon's eyes, she sees throug... Több

[ 01 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 33 ]
[ 34 ]
[ 35 ]
[ 36 ]
[ 37 ]
[ 38 ]
[ 39 ]
[ 40 ]
[ 41 ]
[ 42 ]
[ 43 ]
[ 44 ]
[ 45 ]
[ 46 ]
[ 47 ]
[ 48 ]

[ 02 ]

36 3 1
ixfixite_ által

The next day came in a flash as soon as Aine fell onto her bed after packing, her eyes naturally fluttered close and morning came in a split second. Gentle sunlight welcomed her back to reality much to her displeasure since she was never a morning person, groaning she threw her pillow over her face to block out the glare only to hear a familiar squawk. Aine exhaled softly as she drags her body up awake, turning to the bird on the window, "Good morning, Hestia..." she greeted with her eyes closed. Then, there was another chirp and Aine peeks open one eye to see another bird next to hers, an eagle owl with orange-red eyes and pure white feathers. "Good morning to you too," Aine welcomed the other bird, she turns to her black owl and asked, "Is that your friend, Hestia?" 

"Hoot." 

"Hm... Whose owl do you think it belonged to?" she questions again and the snow-white owl screeched, tapping its talons on the frame of the window and Aine looks to the little note tied to its feet. She raised a brow before reaching for the letter, ignoring the panicked owl's shrieks. Hestia opens her eyes and with one wing, she smacks the other owl's face and screeches at it, immediately shutting up her friend's screams. 

"Hestia, play nicely," Aine said, unwrapping the message on the owl's claws. Her eyes widened awake as soon as she saw the owner of the bird's name. She scans through the letter that was written in cursive, it was a handwriting that she had recognised.

'Dearest Aine,

I hope this letter finds you well. How are you and your family? I hope Mr Estoileon and Aion are doing great. I'm doing well and have been rather busy lately assisting my father with some dark artefacts matter. I'm writing this letter to you because I'm just so excited to see you later, so is my mother. She was delighted to hear that you will be staying with us and has been talking non-stop about your arrival, I'm sure she is as eager as I am in seeing you again. I can't wait to show you what I have found in the stars. Please do take your time and I'll see you later in the evening, milady. 

P.S. The owl is a little shy and may bite. 

With warmest regards,
Draco Malfoy.'

A small smile crept onto Aine's face after she read and finished the letter, she took some owl treats and offered them to Draco's owl who was reluctant to take them until Hestia urges the bird to go on. She even took a small bite of one of the treats that her master had offered to the other owl. She extended her hand for the owl to familiarize her scent before it rubs its cheeks onto Aine's palms, softly hooting as its eyes crinkled into a blink.

Later that evening, Aine brought down her small trunk to the living room along with the bouquet of blue roses she had made for the Malfoys. Elliot and Aion stood in front of the fireplace with Aine who wore a sulk even though she was thrilled. Her brother chuckle at the sight of his little sister before engulfing her in a hug, he patted her head, "I'll make sure to send your regards to Celeste, Lianna. Don't worry and go enjoy yourself there!" he reassures and the girl scoffs, it didn't change the fact that she was unable to meet with the older Delacour sister. 

She softly jabs at Aion before smirking, "Please tease him for me, Dad." 

"I will, sweetheart," Elliot promises before hugging her, he looks down to her neck where she had worn the pendant her mother had left behind before smiling and meeting her eyes, "Be careful over there okay? Take care of yourself and remember the words I've told you yesterday." 

Aine nodded, giving him a thumbs-up, "No smooching, or doing any sort of stuff but feel free to use my wand and magic if the situation calls for it," she stated. 

Aion immediately choked at her words, snapping to his father who shrugs, "Yes, that's right. You got your wand, right?"

She patted the side of her cardigan where her wand resides in the inner pocket, "It's here," she tells him and he nodded. 

"Stay safe, sweetheart." With one last look, she brings her baggage into the fireplace and steps inside it, clutching her trunk with one hand and holding the bouquet near to her body, she grabs a handful of Floo Powder before bidding her family. 

"See you in two days, gentlemen. Don't fight when I'm not here. Hestia is going to be watching you on my behalf!"

"Hoot!"

"We got it, Mademoiselle," winks Aion.

"Enjoy your time, Aine," bids Elliot with a genuine smile.

The girl bobbed her head before muttering, "Malfoy Manor." She threw the Floo Powder as she said her destination and watches herself being enveloped with warm green flames. The sight of her living room slowly warped away and she closes her lids, feeling the ticklish fire surrounding her. It made her stomach churn a little as she felt herself being lifted off her feet before they touch the ground again, and when she opened her eyes, her vibrant house was no more.

Replaced was the scene of a dark sitting room with pale marbled walls and perfectly polished ebony floors. A massive crystal chandelier greeted Aine's eyes when she reopened them, along with the grand pipe organ at the end of the room. Everything was elegant, dark, mysterious and extremely beautiful. It was completely different from her home which had lots of natural light, even at night.

Her golden eyes scanned around before she met grey ones, the younger Malfoy smiled at her before extending his hand for her to take. He quickly pulls her baggage out and muttered a small 'hi' as Aine greeted him. Draco lightly dusted the remaining Floo Powder off her cardigan before helping her out of the marble fireplace. 

"Thanks," Aine said to him and he smiles at her again.

As soon as she stepped out of the fireplace, she met the presence of Draco's parents— Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa Malfoy, one frowning and one smiling. She didn't know where to look first but quickly greeted them both, "Good evening Mr Malfoy, Mrs Malfoy."

Narcissa Malfoy beamed at her greeting, clasping her hands as she strutted over with light steps. She takes Aine's hand and squeezed it, "It's so good to see you again, Aine!" she welcomes and Aine smiles at her. 

"It's wonderful to see you too, Mrs Malfoy."

There came a 'tsk' and the two ladies turned to Lucius Malfoy who clicked his tongue, formally showing his displeasure at Aine's arrival. He couldn't understand why she had to come and the fact why his wife was being so overly welcoming to her— A blood traitor. He darted at the girl who politely smiled at him before glaring at her from head to toe, "How impudent," he commented under his breath. 

Narcissa's eyes went large at her husband's words before seething at him, "Lucius."

Lucius Malfoy rolled his eyes and they trailed to the bouquet of flowers that were in the girl's hand and raised a brow. When Aine met where he was looking, she lightly gasped and handed the gift over to Narcissa. "These were blooming at my place so I thought you might like them... It's nothing much but I hope they brighten your home," Aine remarked and Draco grins at her.

"My, my! Lucius, look at them! They're beautiful, aren't they?" Draco's mother gave a radiant gasp, taking the flowers from Aine's arms as she admires each and every single rose.

"They are my favourite flowers, it's the blue rose which is also called the Moon rose since they bloom during—"

"We know what it is," Lucius interrupted, eyeing Aine who purses her lips. 

"Right, of course," she replies shortly.

Draco gave his father a look before turning to Aine, "Thank you for them, I'm sure they make our home a little more inviting," he said to her and she nodded with a smile, gazing into Draco's eyes directly. It was something Draco hadn't expected but it definitely made his stomach flutter when he locked eyes with her. 

Without knowing, Narcissa smiled at the two of them before speaking, "I shall go put them in a vase!" she excuses herself, stepping away with bubbly steps to decorate the flowers.

Lucius frowns, clearing his throat and Aine's attention drifted to him, "Well then, I would be in my study. Please be careful with the artefacts around my house and do not touch them, as tempting as they are to admire or steal," he said sharply and Aine narrowed her eyes at his allegations.  

"Of course, Mr Malfoy. I'm sure they are very valuable to you."

"They are," he chimes, "And they are also filled with dark matter and curses so do take caution. Though I wouldn't stop you if you want yourself to be cursed!" he added gleefully and Aine simpers.

"See her around well, son!" Lucius ordered before giving his guest one last nod before turning his heels, his long blonde locks swishing around, "Oh. And while your stay here, Miss Estoileon... Do not disturb me," he warns before disappearing up the stairs. 

"I apologize for my father's rude behaviour. He's not particularly fond of people visiting our home..." Draco excuses, feeling a little apologetic to her. 

Aine shook her head and waved her hands, "Oh no! Not at all. Don't worry about it." 

Narcissa quickly interfered,  "Yes! Never mind my husband! He's just awkward around youngsters!" she lets out a half-giggle before her eyes drift to Draco who was frozen and still, her lips curled, like father like son.

"Right... Um— Thank you, Mrs Malfoy," Aine thanked and the lady nodded her head. 

"Draco? Why don't you show Aine around our home? Dinner might take some time to prepare so please keep our guest company until then," she suggested and the younger Malfoy grins. 

"I will, mother," he replies. Draco turns to Aine and takes her baggage before offering his hand to her. Aine glances between his hand and Narcissa who was giving her an encouraging smile. 

"Go on, my dear."

"Shall we?" he asks her and Aine nodded as her lips curled.

"I'd like that," she replies, taking his arm.

The two of them began heading upstairs, Draco was introducing Aine to the various floors of his home. He first brought her to her room so that she could put down her baggage before they start exploring the manor. Taking the flight of stairs up, Aine noticed that his home was surprisingly similar to Hogwarts in some ways— the walls were mostly stoned with columns and beams, there were moving portraits almost everywhere although mostly were motionless whenever she walks past them. There was little light in the manor and was cold and quiet, almost as if no one had lived there. 

Aine stole a peek at Draco who was explaining the history of his home and how it was passed down from his ancestors to the head of the household. His voice grew monotonous the more he spoke of its background, "It was given to father by grandfather when he was of age, and since I am the only son... It would be me who inherits it when I come of age."

"You sound as if you dislike it," Aine implied. 

Draco's lips curled sadly as he looks ahead, "To be honest? Yeah, a little."

"May I ask why?" she questions, being careful not to offend him in any way. She thought that his home was beautiful, fascinating even but somehow she felt a sense of loneliness and coldness to it. Like it was built to encase someone in it, shackling someone within these walls, perhaps that was why he didn't like it.

Draco looks over to her, "I think you already know the answer to that, my lady," he replies and Aine's eyes went wide. 

She narrows at him, "Are you reading my mind?" she asks suspiciously and he chuckles. 

"Not at all! I just had a feeling." 

Aine scoffs at his answer and he continued, "It's a big house for a small family and we rarely get any visitors too. Not to mention it's quite bothersome travelling around the building..." He tells her, something that she agrees with. His expression darkened for a moment and his grin disappears, "When my parents are away, it's just me in this huge manor so it's not quite a pleasant feeling being all by yourself." 

"I get that," Aine replies, it was something she could sympathize with after all. Loneliness. She once went through that before when she was younger. Though she had lived in a smaller home compared to him, she understood the solitary life since her father often had to travel away for his business, leaving her alone at home. She once felt the same loneliness but not anymore now that her brother was home with her, yet it was different for Draco. He was always alone in this enormous castle, then and now. 

"If you like... You're welcome to come to visit my home whenever you're alone at home," she said to him and Draco whipped his head to her, taken aback by her words. No one has ever told him he could come to visit before even though he had his Slytherin friends, they never asked him such a question before in his life. 

"Really..?" Draco asks her, genuinely confused but thankful.  

Aine nodded, "Mmhm. At least that way, you won't be so lonely and neither am I! You know, for tea or just to hang out," she says cheerfully and his face heated up and he quickly turns away to hide his flushed cheeks. However, his ears couldn't conceal his feelings as Aine noticed how red they were, it was then she realized what she just said that she became flustered. 

"Here's your room," he said, stopping in front of the darkened oak door. "My room is just next door, so if you need anything just knock on it," he added.

"Alright..." 

Draco pushes the door open, revealing the most extravagant bedroom Aine has ever seen. Her jaw dropped when she saw the interior of the room. The walls were in a shade of dark navy blue and in the corner of the room laid a four-poster bed with a sheer grey canopy over the top of it. The sheets were neatly folded and decorated with plush velvet cushions and satin pillows along with a painting of a star-filled sky on the wall, behind the bed. A crystal chandelier with tiny stars and crescents dangled from it, gracing the room from the ceiling and spreading the warm glow across the room. 

There was a study table opposite the bed with a couple of parchment and a quill on it in case Aine needed to write anything. She stepped into her room and a gasp escaped her as she looks around the stunning room. Draco places her baggage by the wardrobe and watches her admire the little paintings around the room, he smiles as he watches her trail her fingers across the harp, and a soft melodious sound echoed around the room. 

She beams and twirled to him, "It's beautiful!" she compliments and Draco gave a light chuckle.

"Mother decorated it for you."

"Oh, she didn't have to!" she gasped, mentally noting that she should thank his mother later when she sees her again. 

"She thought you may like it..." 

"It's very impressive, I really love it!"

"I'm glad you do," Draco replied, leaning against the table as she looks out of the balcony. His gaze was full of affection, holding for the girl.

"Can we go outside?" Aine asks politely, pointing out of the terrace doors as her eyes twinkle with excitement. She was like a little excited child in Draco's eyes. He held back a chuckle.

"Of course, Aine. This is your room now, so go ahead!" he gestures to her and she pulls the golden brass handles, stepping out into the evening breeze. She gazes over the balustrades at the breath-taking view the manor boasts of, the beautiful intricate garden greeting her as the trees rustle with the wind and the leaves that dance along. 

"Wow..." she mutters, drawing in the fresh air into her lungs. Draco walks up to her from behind and leans onto the railings next to her, "Do you like it?"

"I do! It's incredible how well-maintained the garden is kept," Aine tells him and he laughs. 

"We have a greenhouse too that mother owns, there are some plants and flowers there that may interest you. Would you like to take a look afterwards?" Draco offered and Aine nodded her head enthusiastically. 

"Can we do that?" she asks, delighted.

"Definitely!" he replies, chuckling at her excitement. Draco places his hand onto hers giving it a light squeeze and startling Aine briefly. She slowly loosens up and flips her hand, letting his hand fall into her palms as she held it before Draco laces his fingers through hers. She could feel her heart skipping a beat before the corners of her lips twitched up, it was oddly satisfying to her, the natural skinship between them. 

This is nice... She said to herself in her thoughts, not minding the fact that they were holding hands. In fact, she actually liked it.

"Come on, let's go!" Draco exclaims and Aine gave a soft giggle before skipping out of her room with him to explore the other parts of his home. He could feel an inkling of happiness bubbling inside of himself when he looked over at her. Her joyful giggle was so infectious that he even found himself laughing along like a silly boy, truly for the first time in so long. It was then he realized— that he adored being around her and how he was warmed by her brightness and presence.

Draco Malfoy was slowly falling for her.

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

Guess who just watched Secrets of Dumbledore? I did! It was absolutely insane and amazing so do give it a watch! Mads is just *chefs kiss*! The chemistry between Jude and Mads was incredible and awesome and I really like the addition of Lally into the gang! Everything was just blowing my mind and I highly reckon you guys to watch it! 

If there was a word that you could describe the film, what would it be? For me, I think it'll be bittersweet. If you know, you know! *winks* Leave a comment! I like to hear your thoughts! No spoilers though! ^^

- Zeneria

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.1K 90 34
*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNVEIL) UNRAVEL book 3: Now, as things have started to change, the challenges Aine had faced in her second year at Hogwarts we...
1.6K 101 32
We follow the story of a young witch named Y/N, who arrives at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry under the guise of a muggle-born student. L...
28.4K 659 44
Emily Potter is Harry Potter's twin sister. They have always been together in everything. Until their letter came in the mail. They got to Hagwarts a...
174K 6.4K 47
~ Year four ~ Warning: This is the fourth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read...