The Quintessential quintuplet...

By shadowmonarch325

I am including Kiyo x Quints here. He will tutor them and slowly they will fall in love with him Kiyo will be... More

Prologue
1. Advanced Nurturing High School
2. The Quintuplets
2.2 Tutor
2.3 S- system
3.1 New life
3.2 Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for waiting
3.3 Swimming race
3.4 Sisters
4.1 Class of defectives
4.2 Preparations
4.3 Victim of Pride and Envy
4.4 TWO-FACED ANGEL MEETS THE DEVIL
4.5 What it means to be a human
5.1 Midterms (PREPARATIONS)
5.2 Midterms (TEST PAPERS)
5.3 Midterms ( THE AFTERMATH)
5.4 Victory Celebration
VOLUME 1 SS: THE BIRTHDAY
6.1 Sudden invitation
6.2 First Love
6.3 Horrible Human being
7.1 Summer Vacation On A Cruise!?
7.2 A sudden announcement
7.3 Special Exam! Part 1
7.4 SPECIAL EXAM! PART 2
7.5 Special Exam! Part 3
8.1 Failures of Yamauchi Haruki
8.2 Class-C's Strategy
8.4 Dismay
Spoilers
Spoilers 2
Spoilers 3
Spoilers 4 Kiyokei wholesome
8.5 The devil's Soliloquy
8.6 The Curtain Rises
8.7 The masterplan
9.1 Another Exam?
New story
Spoilers for yr 2 vol 7
9.2 Nino joins the Exam
Yr 2 vol 7 illustrations 1
Yr 2 vol 7 illustrations 2
Yr 2 vol 7 illustrations part 3
Yr 2 vol 7 illustrations 4
9.3 Rules of the Exam
9.4 A deal

8.3 Rivals

3K 156 54
By shadowmonarch325

Ayanokouji POV

"Well, should we go meet Class-B," Itsuki asked us. We nodded

In order to make effective use of the extra time on our hands, we decided to check out how Classes A and B were doing. We went deeper into the forest, past the roots of the big, broken tree, just as Kanzaki had instructed. When I thought on it now, though, the tree looked as though the school had broken it intentionally, to use as a landmark. It hinted that there was a spot just further ahead.

The moment we set foot in the deep forest, I noticed a slight change. Quite a few students' tracks stood out on this path, which made it easier to walk. If we simply followed the path, we'd probably arrive at Class B's campsite. That might be why Kanzaki hadn't provided a detailed explanation. So far, of all the ordeals on this island, the blood-sucking mosquitoes that went for our arms and legs were the most irritating. Soon, we arrived at Class B's base camp.

Well, I suppose it's just what we'd expect from Class B... Their way of living was entirely different from ours. Their class had made practical use of their spot, with many trees surrounding a well. They didn't have enough space to spread out three or four tents, so they'd made good use of the space by putting up hammocks. Despite starting in much the same way, our class had chosen completely different items. I was rather curious about some unfamiliar equipment near the well, but what surprised me the most was the atmosphere.

"Huh? Horikita-san, Itsuki-chan? And Ayanokouji-kun?" Someone called to us, almost as if she'd sensed the arrival of sudden visitors. 

Ichinose was trying to tie a string around a tree to put up a hammock. She wore a jersey, which really suited her, and appeared lively. Kanzaki sat a little further away from her. 

"Your class seems to be functioning well, despite obstacles." 

"Haha, yeah. It was really difficult at first! But we tried a bunch of different things, and it worked out. Though the list of chores just keeps on increasing. There's still a ton of work left," said Ichinose with a big smile.

"You're doing well, Honami-san. You are really a good leader." 

"You're overestimating me, Itsuki-chan." 

As I thought, these two are good friends.

"I'm sorry if we're getting in the way." 

"Oh, I'm sorry. That probably sounded like I was trying to drive you guys away. I think it's all right if you hang around for a while. You probably came here to ask me something, right?" 

Ichinose welcomed us without any hint of protest. She invited us to sit on the hammock, but Horikita declined the offer, so Ichinose and Itsuki sat instead.

She sighed while Itsuki is talking with Ichinose jovially. It's expected because we're currently at a war. We can't give our secrets nor mingle with the enemy.

Itsuki needs to improve. She is still naive. 

'I guess, I need to act now.'

"Hey, Ichinose. Did someone come from Class-C?" I asked. 

It wasn't announced that someone from Class-C dropped out. After noticing Katsuragi from Class- A, he wouldn't accept deadweight, and Ryuuen doesn't accept traitors. It's unlikely he'd go to Class- A. It is possible that Class-B is sheltering him.

"Uh, yes. We have Kaneda-kun from Class-C. Why?" Ichinose asked.

"Nothing. We just went to Class- C's camp. Ryuuen said he'd thrown out two people in this exam due to their non-cooperation. We have Ibuki, so I was wondering whether you'd taken this Kaneda."

"Really? I think I will speak to Ryuuen-kun after this exam. He needs to change his ways."

She is more naive than I'd thought. Ryuuen wouldn't throw his pawns away unless he needs them to spy on other people.

"Yes, Honami-san. He is too vulgar." Itsuki followed Ichinose.

"Well, Ichinose-san. Can I ask you about Class-A's location?" Horikita questioned

"Just after you cut through this area, there's an opening. Turn right and go straight until you see a cave. That's probably where the Class A base camp is. I went there myself to investigate, but I don't know for sure. It's because they're so thoroughly defensive...or rather, secretive." 

I glanced at Horikita. I told her what happened at Class- A  base yesterday. Seems like she's gotten my message

"Uh... I think we should leave now. Come Horikita, Itsuki." 

"Bye, Honami-san." Itsuki said her byes to Ichinose.

"Before I go, Ichinose. I will tell you something, dragons are vicious creatures. They always have the desire to rise above all circumstances." I hinted to her about Ryuuen.

"What do you mean, Ayanokouji-kun?" Ichinose tilted her head in a cute way, placing her hand at her chin.

"Nothing, I just wanted to say it. And, in the end, dragons are just overgrown lizards with wings. No matter how many times you cut its tail or limbs, they will rise. You need to severe its head."

"It's still confusing." I thought she was smart enough to understand my words. But, her mind is subconsciously rejecting Kaneda being a spy.

I'll stop it now.

"I just read it in a book, Ichinose. I'd thought it would be best to convey this quote to everyone."

"O-oh, well then, bye."

***

After leaving the forest. Horikita clutched my arm and asked me "You believe that Kaneda-kun, and Ibuki-san to be spies?"

Itsuki's eyes widened in realization. To be honest, I'm disappointed with Itsuki now. She didn't even notice the hints.

"It's just a probability. Keep your mouth shut about this matter. Just be cautious around Ibuki." I said. They both nodded their heads.

"Now, let's move to Class-A,"

***

We saw a cave opening that looked like it cut deep into the mountainside, like a demon's mouth. There were two temporary toilets and one shower room near the entrance. 

"I can't really see the inside from here...

Trying to confirm what was in the cave while keeping our distance was probably next to impossible. Neither Horikita nor I knew anyone in Class A. Itsuki may know though. Even though we intended to sneak around, stay hidden, and gather information, we wouldn't get anywhere. I stepped over them and headed up the road to the cave. 

"W-wait, Kiyotaka-kun." 

"Let's go. I mean, it's Class A, so of course, we're going to be scared. There's nothing we can do about that." 

Horikita, Itsuki, and I both headed toward the base camp. 

"What are you planning? We gain nothing by carelessly exposing ourselves." 

"And what do we gain by trying to peek from our hiding spot? We can barely see, and there's no one around. There's not much we can see unless we enter the cave." 

"You're awfully calm, aren't you? Did you have something in mind?" Horikita asked. 

"I haven't thought of anything. Come on, don't worry." 

"Ugh, what an unintelligible, half-assed answer." 

She glared at me with cold and frightening eyes, but I pretended not to notice. Naturally, some Class A students hanging around the cave's entrance discovered us. I thought I could salvage the situation so long as I could see the cave's interior. However, inside the cave were several vinyl sheets joined together into one giant tarp, which blocked my view. I couldn't see inside at all. 

"Who are you guys? What class are you from?" This guy was definitely one of the two guys who'd found the cave quickly on the first day. Yahiko. 

The other guy, the sharp-witted Katsuragi, appeared to be absent.

"Ah, it's you. The girl who took away my points." He pointed his finger at Itsuki.

"It's your fault to act so cockily." She retorted.

"Tch, why are you here?"

"We came to snoop. You have a problem?" Horikita responded, in an imposing manner. It was like a daring switch had been flipped in her brain. She continued, 

"I mean, I would've thought that since you're in Class A you'd be clever, but..."

She looked at the vinyl covering the cave's entrance, and let out a rather forced sigh.

"Well, rather than clever, I'd say you're underhanded. What cowardly methods."

"What?"

It was plain to see her provoking him. But, Yahiko couldn't understand it and got aggro.

'His intelligence is the same as Yamauchi, except this guy is somewhat loyal and cooperative. '

"W-wait! Hey! Wait, I said! Don't just do whatever you please!" Yahiko moved in front of Horikita to block her, but Horikita's words cut him off. 

"We're just going to look inside. That itself isn't a violation of the rules, right?" 

"Stop screwing around. Class A occupies this spot. Class D doesn't have permission to use it!" 

As she was arguing with him, I whispered to Itsuki about my plan.

"If Katsuragi comes, say 'How does it feel to survey your enemies,  pretending to cooperate with them, and waiting for the time to backstab them. Also, ask them why are protecting this area when he signifies our camp is better '  when I signaled you".

"Why?" She asked

"I'll tell you later. Just do it."

Suddenly, a tall boy came out of nowhere. He was behind me.

"What are you doing? I don't recall giving you permission to invite guests."

"Katsuragi-san! These two came to snoop around our camp! They're a bunch of filthy losers!" 

"You're exaggerating. It's just vinyl. Show me around a little." Horikita, turning to confront the two boys, didn't seem scared in the slightest.

"Well then, it should be fine for you to look inside. However, prepare yourself. The moment you touch anything, I will notify the school and report your actions as obstruction toward another class. I can't guarantee what will happen to Class D as a result."

 Katsuragi was probably bluffing. There was a very low chance that we'd be disqualified for touching vinyl. And yet, there seemed to be some genuine danger hidden in his words. 

"You're forcefully monopolizing control of the spot. The rules don't protect such actions."

"You're right about that. I cannot argue the point. However, it's something of an unspoken rule. You in Class D have a spot by the river. Class B has a well. You live in and surround the occupied space, so it's halfway monopolized. Have you taken any forceful measures in dealing with trespassers to your area?"

Katsuragi's calm words stopped Horikita in her tracks.

I glanced at Itsuki

"But, Katsuragi-kun, if you are so obsessed with our base, why did you specifically choose the cave? Ah, it's because it is the commanding tower, isn't it? You shouldn't confuse us with security, you know." Itsuki said in a jolly tone. Her chaff tone is the same as Ichika's

Katsuragi and the students who are with him deadpanned.

"What nonsense—"

"It isn't nonsense. How does it feel to survey your enemies, pretending to cooperate with them and waiting for the time to backstab them?" 

As Katsuragi was trying to retort Itsuki interrupted him and made his face pale.

"I think we are wasting our time here. Let's go Ayanokouji-kun, Horikita-san." She added

"A-ah yes." Said Horikita who was dumbfounded.

'Now, there is only more step to finish preparing the stage.'

***

On our fourth day, we reached a turning point. The shouting and complaining died down and were replaced by the sound of laughter. Along with the corn we'd found, Ike and the others had caught some fish. There was no more resistance about drinking the river water, either. Thanks to the fruit our classmates had found, we'd saved more points than anticipated, and we're making it through this test.

Let's see, we have currently used 100 points including Koenji's retirement—

"Good morning Kiyotaka-kun/Kiyotaka-san." I heard 2 voices greeting me

"Morning, Ichika, Yotsuba."

"I have something to ask," I added.

They looked at each other and Yotsuba took the initiative. "What is it about?"

"Tell me about the schism in class-A."

Then Ichika and Yotsuba proceeded to tell me everything they knew from their friends. They are certainly useful.

A/N: I'm gonna skip it because it's too boring. And all Class-C students retired. I'm skipping it

I see. According to Nakano, Sakayanagi is just letting Katsuragi roam free for a while. They really are close to her, huh? 

I've already known this Yahiko guy is the leader from Class-A

Chihiro Shiranami is Class- B's leader.

Now, I need to let Ryuuen fiddle with us. He—

"Hey, boys wake up." Yelled Shinohara.

'What now?' I internally sighed.

————————————————————————————————————

CHAPTER 8.3 ENDS HERE.

I'M RECOVERED, BUT SORRY IF THE CHAPTER IS SMALL

I CHANGED THE SCRIPT AND ADDED SOME OF MY OWN SPICES TO IMPROVE MY STORY.

I'VE ALREADY FINISHED WRITING HALF OF MY ORIGINAL STORY WHICH I WAS ABOUT TO PUBLISH IN TAPAS.

HOW'S THE NAME 'SILVER LINING' SOUND?

MAN, MAPPA'S DONE A GREAT JOB FOR AOT S4 PART 2. SCREW ME BUT, THIS SEASON'S ANIMATION AND SCREENPLAY IS BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS ONES

FOR ME

S4 P2> S2> S4 P1> S3 P2> S3 P1> S1.

IS THE CHAPTER GOOD? 

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT

PLEASE VOTE

PUBLISHED ON-JAN 31 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 535 4
Yep, this is a reaction to my own fic "Ayanokoji X Himeno". And why not? In any case, it's unlikely to be interesting or anything like that. I'm only...
27K 624 10
As the name says, this fic only contains oneshots. In this fic, I'll write the oneshots completely based on readers' requests. You guys name it in th...
90.1K 2.7K 10
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's life hasn't been easy. After being placed in the white room for an experiment by his father during most of his childhood, he ev...
19.3K 577 8
This is A story about Kiyotaka Ayanokoji in Classroom of the Elite In where he is place in Class B instead of Class D and also he somewhat does not h...