The Day He Said Goodnight (Yi...

By 4qu4m4rln3

Living a dull and miserable life. That's how Wang Yibo lived his life for the past few years, after his first... More

---
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Last Chapter)

Chapter 2

549 53 2
By 4qu4m4rln3

Morning came and Yibo was still sleeping, obviously wasted because of what he did last night.

*beep

A single phone notification woke Yibo up from his slumber. "Ah," he groaned as he grabbed his phone from the table he placed beside his bed.

He sluggishly opened his eyes and read the message, it stated:

[Yibo, message me if you'll change your mind.]

Yibo lifted both of his brows as he checked who it is from and when he confirmed that it was from Xichen and not some stranger, he read the message again.

After reading it, Yibo sat properly on his bed and tried to remember what happened last night but it seems that nothing came into his mind no matter how hard he tried.

"Just what did I do yesterday for me to forget things that easily," he mumbled as he scratched his bed hair confused how he got easily drunk when he knew how high his alcohol tolerance is. Because of this matter, Yibo decided to take a shower first and then call Xichen after.

---

Minutes passed, Yibo came out from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and rubbed his hair with a little towel to dry. He immediately changed into a new set of clothes and checked the time.

"Shoot! I'm gonna be late for the dance practice!" Yibo exclaimed as he quickly grabbed the things he needed for his work. Skipping breakfast, Yibo quickly went into his garage and rode his motorbike completely forgetting the thought about calling Xichen and asking him about what happened yesterday.

---

When Yibo arrived cheers can be heard from the outside. "Yibo-laoshi is here!" one of the students rejoiced and was soon followed by others.

Yibo who pushed the door open with his usual poker face was greeted by smiling students and teachers who were worn out.

Yibo who spared them a glance became amused when he saw the teachers forcing a smile from their faces. "Did you guys give the teachers a hard time?" he asked his students as he put his bag on the locker, which was situated at the corner of the room.

The students were really happy when Yibo spoke since they rarely hear him speak these kinds of phrases or questions. Usually, Yibo uses '1 and 2 and 3,' or 'from the start' or 'again'. Yeah, he only uses the words which were necessary for dancing only and when his students ask him about his personal life then he would just say, "none of your business," in a cold matter.

"Yes," the students replied in glee as if they were doing the right thing. "Then I guess you all deserve a punishment," Yibo said with his tone serious making both the students and the teachers gulp even though they were not involved.

"Laoshi~" the students whined but Yibo spared no one from them and tired them out the whole morning.

---

Lunch break came and Yibo went out from the studio and went into the fast-food where he usually eats.

While ordering, he remembered the message Xichen sent him and how he planned to call him. He mentally slapped himself for being so forgetful at simple things. He was about to call Xichen but it was now his turn to order so he ordered first before going to the place where he usually sits and grabbed his phone from his pocket and dialled Xichen's number.

"Hello?" a sing-song voice greeted Yibo's ears. But the younger was not bothered by it nor cringed from it because he was used to this ever since he became the best friend of Xichen.

"Ge, what did you mean when you sent me a message earlier?" Yibo asked Xichen.

"You don't remember?" Xichen asked, unable to believe what he heard from the younger.

Yibo who was now more confused said, "no," in a questioning manner.

The silence was what Yibo heard from the other line. Now, this creeped him out. He knew Xichen to be the loud guy and when he turns quiet then something must have happened, a bad one.

"Ge, what happened yesterday?" Yibo asked once again, demanding an answer from the older.

Xichen was still silent but after a while, he heaved a deep breath before speaking to Yibo, "you were supposed to visit someone today," Xichen said in a low voice and Yibo was even more puzzled because of that.

'Why and who am I visiting today? I recall having no appointments with someone,' he thought.

"Ge...who am I—" Yibo was cut off by Xichen.

"Try to recall what happened yesterday since I don't want you to be pissed off by me," and with that, Xichen hanged up the call, leaving Yibo clueless and all on his own.

"Aish! Just what did I do yesterday?" Yibo asked, obviously frustrated at himself for not recalling yesterday's event.

"Here's your order sir," the waitress handed a tray down to Yibo's table gently with smoke still coming out from the food. Because of this, a part of Yibo's memories surfaced.

---

"Here is your order handsome men," the owner exclaimed as she put Xichen's newly ordered food at their table.

"Yibo, here...drink," Xichen poured Yibo a glass of liquor and handed it to him. Yibo was about to refuse Xichen's offer but he remembered the older's wishes earlier. And so, he gave up and grabbed the cup that was filled with liquor by Xichen.

As he drank it, he swore that he saw Xichen smile, not heartily but evilly and so he put the glass that was now empty gently to the table and raised his head to look at Xichen who was eating casually.

"Are you planning something, ge?" Yibo asked the older. Xichen put his chopsticks down and smiled at Yibo who was eyeing him as if he had done something cruel. "Am I that type of a person who does a bad thing to his friend?" Xichen asked Yibo who was still studying his movements.

"No, unless that person did something to you," Yibo said as he poured himself a new drink. It's too late to stop now since he already started so he just continued, his alcohol tolerance is not that low though.

"Then, did you do something to me to make me want to harm you?"

"Not that I know of," Yibo shrugged and Xichen continued eating his food while Yibo continuously poured a drink for himself until he drank 5 bottles while Xichen's still enjoying his dinner.

That night, both of them had fun. They joked about things, had some talks about people they knew and talked shit about their lives back when they were a teenager.

But their fun ended when Yibo's phone suddenly beeped. "Ge, I'll just read this~" Yibo excused himself making Xichen chuckle a bit since this is one of the few times where he can witness Yibo drunk like this.

When Yibo opened his phone, his eyes squinted at the unfamiliar number that showed on his screen with the message:

[Can you visit me tomorrow?]

Yibo was puzzled at who would possibly send this message to him.

"Can you visit me tomorrow," Yibo read loudly, enough for Xichen to hear and made him stop drinking.

"Who's that?" Xichen asked Yibo seriously and the younger looked at him with his drunk expression and shrugged like a kid.

"Aiya," Xichen sighed at his younger friend's situation.

When Yibo poured himself another drink, Xichen immediately grabbed it from him when he was about to drink it again. Yibo who noticed this complained to his gege, "my drink~" he made grabby hands towards Xichen but Xichen already drank the contents of it.

"You should stop Yibo. You're already drunk," he said but Yibo was stubborn and kept lunging to Xichen just to grab his empty glass.

"Yibo stop...just stop! Yibo I swear—" they both stopped when they heard another phone beep from Yibo's phone.

Yibo sat back in his seat as if nothing happened earlier and grabbed his phone from his pocket and read the message.

"It's the same number from earlier~," Yibo said and showed it to Xichen and when the older was about to read its message, Yibo grabbed it back.

[It's me, Zhan, Xiao Zhan]

Yibo read it and then said, "Oh? It's from ZhanZhan!" Yibo cheered as if he had just received candy from his mother.

Yibo immediately replied, "okay" and sent it.

"Sent it~" Yibo cheered and showed it to Xichen who spitted his drink from the thing that Yibo did.

"Yibo, Oh! Yibo...you're doomed," said Xichen as he rubbed his forehead, too embarrassed to look at his friend who did a thing that he'll surely regret when he sobers up.

---

Yibo finally recalled what he did yesterday night and he badly wanted to punch his drunk self because he just broke something. A promise to himself years ago that he would never do again.

---
Edited
01/25/22

Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 11.3K 41
JADE OF HEARTS AWARD 2021-- TEEN FANFICTIONS YIZHAN CATEGORY AWARD WINNER. Cover Credits : @LuvLaws after getting admitted in university, Xiao Zhan...
45.2K 3.3K 25
"Excuse me, do I know you? " A love life to be written in books, that was literally how our love life was. But life isn't always the same right? Eve...
566K 35.5K 60
{A YiZhan Mpreg story} Two people from two different world, one of them, Wang Yibo is happy and focused on his work, he is on the way of fulfilling...
286K 15.3K 34
Xiao Zhan a friendly, charming, polite, and dedicated young man. He is a softhearted person and wanted to see people happy. This made him well known...