โฅ โ„›โ„ฏ๐’ธ๐“€๐“โ„ฏ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ ๐“โ„ด๐“‹โ„ฏ โฅ...

By lazylifeofme

โ ๐€๐Œ๐˜๐๐„๐‹๐‹๐€, or Bella for short, moves to Avonlea, a rather remote place. Narrow-minded and old-fash... More

โ€ข โ„๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“‡โ„ด๐’น๐“Š๐’ธ๐“‰๐’พโ„ด๐“ƒ โ€ข
โ€ข๐’ช๐“ƒโ„ฏโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฏ๐“Œโ„ดโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐“‡โ„ฏโ„ฏโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ปโ„ด๐“Š๐“‡โ€ข
โ€ข๐’ป๐’พ๐“‹โ„ฏโ€ข
โ€ข ๐’œ๐’ž๐’ฏ || โ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฎ๐’พ๐“โ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฎโ„ฏ๐“‹โ„ฏ๐“ƒโ€ข
โ€ขโ„ฐ๐’พ๐‘”๐’ฝ๐“‰โ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฉ๐’พ๐“ƒโ„ฏโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฏโ„ฏ๐“ƒโ€ข
โ€ขโ„ฐ๐“โ„ฏ๐“‹โ„ฏ๐“ƒโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฏ๐“Œโ„ฏ๐“๐“‹โ„ฏโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“‡๐“‰โ„ฏโ„ฏ๐“ƒโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ปโ„ด๐“Š๐“‡๐“‰โ„ฏโ„ฏ๐“ƒโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ป๐’พ๐’ป๐“‰โ„ฏโ„ฏ๐“ƒโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฎ๐’พ๐“๐“‰โ„ฏโ„ฏ๐“ƒโ€ข
โ€ข ๐’œ๐’ž๐’ฏ ||| โ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฎโ„ฏ๐“‹โ„ฏ๐“ƒ๐“‰โ„ฏโ„ฏ๐“ƒโ€ข
โ€ขโ„ฐ๐’พ๐‘”๐’ฝ๐“‰โ„ฏโ„ฏ๐“ƒโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฉ๐’พ๐“ƒโ„ฏ๐“‰โ„ฏโ„ฏ๐“ƒโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฏ๐“Œโ„ฏ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“Žโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฏ๐“Œโ„ฏ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“Ž-โ„ด๐“ƒโ„ฏโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฏ๐“Œโ„ฏ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’พโ„ฏ-๐“‰๐“Œโ„ดโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฏ๐“Œโ„ฏ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“Ž-๐“‰๐’ฝ๐“‡โ„ฏโ„ฏโ€ข
โ€ข๐’ฏ๐“Œโ„ฏ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“Ž-๐’ป๐’พ๐“‹โ„ฏโ€ข
โ€ขโ„ฐ๐“…๐’พ๐“โ„ด๐‘”๐“Šโ„ฏโ€ข

โ€ข๐’ฏ๐“Œโ„ฏ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“Ž-๐’ปโ„ด๐“Š๐“‡โ€ข

1.7K 82 32
By lazylifeofme

BELLA SAT SILENTLY NEXT TO ANNE and watched Ka'kwet's parents.

"They deserve the world and yet they live under such injustice." She said, catching Anne's gaze.

"I know.. how can someone be so.. horrible?" she got upset, then sighed.

"What about you and Gilbert?" she then asked. Bella shrugged her shoulders.

"We had a good time, now life goes on for everyone and he will marry his perfect Winnifred." She looked stubbornly straight ahead of her. Bella was surprised at herself that these words passed her lips so easily.

"But that's not what you want is it?" Anne asked. Bella looked at her and then looked forward again.

"What's the point of holding on to him, he's going to drop me after all." She lay down, on her side, so that her back was turned to Anne.

„You love him." Anne suddenly said.

„What?" Bella asked.

„You love him, that's why you should hold onto him. And he loves you too." the redhead said.

„If he loved me he wouldn't marry another woman." Bella said and felt her heart aching.

"If he wouldn't love you, he wouldn't have come to you earlier. He wanted to tell you something. I think he doesn't want to marry Winnifred." Anne said and waited for Bella's reaction. Bella pretended to be asleep, a tear running down her cheek.

"There's been a misunderstanding, sister. Ka'kwet.. Her parents don't want her here. That's why we came to bring Ka'kwet home!" Matthew explained their situation to the nun.

There was something about her that bothered Amybella. Her gaze was stern, her posture stiff and her eyes cold. She looked at all three of them before answering.

"That won't be possible. Sir." She then said and they stared at her in shock.

"What is going on here? This is a school, not a prison," Anne said. Bella looked at the nun.
She had seen how distraught Ka'kwet was. She had seen the damage she bore from the time she had spend here in this place.
This was not a school.

"This is preposterous. I insist! You bring their child out! At once. Or.. we'll fetch the authorities." The nun's gaze became hard.
She opened the door as if they could enter, but instead two armed men stepped outside. Bella gasped, as did Anne and they recoiled.

"Get out!" one of them shouted and Matthew stepped in front of the girls.

"Let's just.. you watch yourself now.."
He said, but was also shooed back.

"Or what? Old man. I said go!" the nun stood behind him. Bella looked at her.

"And you dare to wear a cross on your belt? You don't deserve to have the Christian cross hanging on your wall at all, this is inhuman!" Bella shouted at her, but she had the feeling, she was talking to a wall.

„Didn't God create all humans to be equal?" she yelled but got pushed back by the man.

"Do what's right and we will!" Matthew continued boldly.

"Get out of my face," said the guy.

"You hand over their child right now." Matthew's voice became dangerously low, I'd never heard him like this before.

"That little savage is right where she needs to be!" The other man now spoke up.

"Then why don't you go to hell? That's where you belongs!" Bella shouted. Tears began to run down her cheeks. This situation made her so incredibly angry.

"Ka'kwet!" shouted Oquatnuk and Anne started looking for her too. Bella ran towards them.

"Ka'kwet!" She heard a knock on the window and a shout. She ran towards the noise.

"Ka'kwet we'll get you out of there!" Bella yelled and saw the small figure of Ka'kwet sobbing.

"SHUT YOUR FOOL FACE OR I WILL SHUT IT FOR YA!" The man screamed and Bella was pushed away from the window and to the ground.

"AMYBELLA!" Anne shrieked as the man stood in front of her.

"Leave her alone!" Matthew stood in front of his daughter, but was pushed to the ground too.

"Matthew!" Anne ran towards him. Bella was grabbed by the shoulder and yanked up.

"LET ME GO!" She screamed and tried to free herself by kicking the man.

Aluk stepped forward, his hand inside his pocket as he pulled out some money.

„Please. We can trade! You take this.. we take our daughter!" he said.

"Everyone, everyone please! Calm down." The nun stepped in and Bella was let go. She immediately ran to Anne, terrified and crying.

"You misunderstand me, let me explain. Unfortunately, I do not have the authorization to release any children. You need to discuss this with Father Beck. Unfortunately, he will be absent for 14 days. Come back at a later date and clear things up with him." She and the men went back inside.

"We can bring them back in two weeks. When the priest is here," Matthew said. Bella shook her head.

"He won't help us either. They won't let Ka'kwet go." She started to cry.

"I'm so sorry Aluk, Oquanuk." Said Anne. Bella sank to her knees, devastated. Oquanuk hurried towards the girl and talked to her.
Bella didn't understand what she was saying, but she still felt comforted. She took the girl in her arms.

"This is so unfair. It's so unfair." She sobbed.

"We'll find a way Bella. We will." Anne had now knelt down next to them and put her hand on Bella's shoulder.

"Thank you for everything you've done for us. We'll stay here until the priest comes." They nodded and Amybella went back home with Matthew and Anne.
She sat on the carriage, next to Anne as they drove off. Bella looked back at Oquatnuk and Aluk as they looked after them and waved.

When we arrived, Amybella went to her house. Sighing, she opened the door and Gilbert got up from the table. He walked silently towards the girl as she started crying again. It was all the exhaustion and devastation from the last days that were built up inside of her, that made her break down. She ran into Gilbert's arms sobbed and the boy catches her. His one hand went around her waist and the other one into her hair. She got tears all over his shirt as he carried her in his arms.

Author's note:
If you've seen the show, you know that's the last episode you see Ka'kwet. I was also one of those people who waited for season 4, thinking they'd find a way somehow to save her.

But no. Then I did some research.

Ka'kwet doesn't get a happy ending. She stays in that school. In retrospect, a lot of people reported how bad the schools were. The Miqmaq people have adapted to society and as far as I know, they hardly exist today, if at all.

It makes me so angry! Having a cross hanging on the wall, abusing and beating children in "God's name". They are not Christians in my eyes. No matter how many times a day they prayed. They are no more than religious. There is no way and I tell you NO WAY of reading the Bible and saying oh I'm gonna murder and beat some children now to make them "proper christians". It is disgusting.

I am a Christian. I follow Jesus Christ, but not religion. Out of exactly these reasons and anyone who does not honor the children of heaven has no place there either. No matter where they come from.
It makes me so angry! No country should praise itself for such a terrible deed in which it participated. In general, no country has the right to have a national holiday and simply repress and forget its bad deeds in history.

#StopCanadaDay.

Stories like this haven't stopped though. If you read up on MMIW, you will learn like very few others that indigenous people are still disappearing out of nowhere today. Indigenous people, especially women and girls.

MMIW

-MISSING-MURDERED-INDIGENOUS-WOMEN-

Search up the movement, I also made a little post like I already said, in my postboard.

And text me for questions/more information.

It's a serious issue where I really ask you to inform yourselves, talk about it, make it a topic. It needs so much more attention and is being kept quiet.

Nobody is free until everybody is.

-Vivi

1392 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167 3 11
A girl moves into Avonlea after her house burned down. She has to change schools, and leave old friends. Her and Gilbert find themselves becoming goo...
40.8K 1.1K 83
Gilbert Blythe was back in Avonlea and with him was bringing all the adventures he had experienced in the last few months. Now he wanted toget back...
639K 10.3K 55
A Gilbert Blythe x oc fanfic๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช โš ๏ธSmut Warningโš ๏ธ #1 Gilbert Blythe #1 Anne With An E #1 Gilbert Blythe X Reader
1.6K 92 15
After a fire that left behind broken hearts, Evelyn leaves Avonlea to free herself from the pain she felt because of losing her sister. However, thre...