•ℰ𝓁ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓃•

IT WAS A FEW DAYS BEFORE Christmas when Amybella and her friends were busy preparing their Christmas-Pantomime from town

Christmas when Amybella and her friends were busy preparing their Christmas-Pantomime from town. The blonde girl helped Gilbert backstage as she watched the girls from her school complimenting Cole, doing the painting of the stage. 

"You're so talented Cole!" Said Jane grinning up to him.

"I love that bird so much." Amybella rolled her eyes in annoyance at the girls' giggles. Cole seemed equally annoyed by this, however he focused on his work.

"You're so talented Cole." Bella mimicked the girls and put one of the boxes down behind the curtains. Gilbert chuckled at her behavior.
The girl put her hand to her forehead dramatically and grinned at the brunette boy.

"What's there to grin about?" Gilbert asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm in the Christmas spirit. I mean you, Christmas, Bash." She replied and the brunette boy now returned her smile.

"Let's enjoy the good times." Said Gilbert and Amybella's grin disappeared as uncertainty spread across her face.

"What do you mean?" she asked, confused and slightly anxious.

"Nothing at all. You just never know what the future holds. So let's enjoy the here and now." he stood in front of the girl and Amybella looked at him.
His flawless face. The smell of dust behind the stage. She scanned his eyes, which clung to hers and couldn't help but smile at him. She internalized the moment in her mind, feeling so comfortable and safe in this environment, like she didn't since a long time.
She concentrated on her sensations and wished that they would last forever. That this one perfect moment would never end.

The two of them jerked their heads apart when they heard a crash and several screams. Amybella quickly ran out from the back of the stage and saw Cole lying on the floor. The others of those preparing for the play had gathered around the blond boy.

"COLE!" Amybella yelled in shock and knelt beside him. Cole whimpered in pain as he held his wrist convulsively. His eyes were squeezed tightly shut and his teeth clenched tightly.

"Stay still. Don't move," Gilbert said, looking at the boy's arm. Amybella placed a hand on Cole's shoulder, hoping to ease his pain.

"Is he alright?!" Rachel asked in alarm as she frantically approached the scene and then knelt down as well.

"His wrist is definitely broken, I don't know what else." Gilbert replied. Amybella placed her hand over her mouth as she gently stroked the suffering boy's upper arm.

"It was an accident. I swear!" Shouted Billy Andrews defensively, raising his hands innocently.

"For heaven's sake!" Rachel murmured hysterically.

Gilbert was right. Cole's wrist was broken, so he couldn't paint the mill.
Amybella came back to the stage to pick up a few of her utensils when she saw the blond boy standing in the middle of the room, in front of the stage.