MazM: Jekyll And Hyde Oneshot...

By Honey_Rat197

γ€Š!~ON HIATUS~!》 {:} I made this cause I love Jekyll and Hyde so much AND because the fandom is very small and... More

[πŸ’™] Henry Jekyll [πŸ’™]
[❀️] Edward Hyde [❀️]
[πŸ’™] Henry Jekyll [πŸ’™]
[❀️️]Modern! Edward Hyde [❀️️]
[Poll]
[πŸ’œ] Henry & Edward [πŸ’œ] (p.1)
[πŸ’–] Modern! Hyde X Enfield [❀️]
[Announcement]
[πŸ’›]Modern! Gabriel Utterson [πŸ’›] (Pt.1)
[πŸ’™] Henry Jekyll [πŸ’™]
[πŸ’œ] Henry & Edward [πŸ’œ] (Pt.2)
[πŸ’”] Henry Jekyll [πŸ’™]
[πŸ’–] Enfield x Hyde [❀]
[Announcement]
[Announcement]
{πŸ’–} Modern! Enfield X Hyde {❀️}
[πŸ’›] Modern! Gabriel Utterson Pt.2 [πŸ’›]
[A/n]
[❀] Modern! Edward Hyde [❀]
[Announcement]
[πŸ’š]When they're with you[πŸ’š]
[πŸ’™] Modern! Henry Jekyll [πŸ’™]
[πŸ’”] Modern! Henry & Edward [πŸ’œ]
[🀍] Hastie Lanyon [🀍]
[πŸ’š] Valentine's Day [πŸ’š]
[🧑]Kate Holiday/Kay Seek[🧑]
[πŸ’œ] Henry & Edward [πŸ’œ] (pt.1)
[A/n]
[A/n]
[πŸ’š] Headcannons [πŸ’š]

[πŸ’›]Modern! Gabriel Utterson Pt.3[πŸ’›]

316 7 2
By Honey_Rat197

(This title is going to get longer, and longer. Also! Heads up, the character, Sarah, from the previous 2 chapters in this is renamed to Sally. I was trying to remember Sally Tucker's name from the game, and I thought it was Sarah since they're both sort of similar. Sorry!)

~~~

Where are we heading? Y/n wondered. She pressed her knees together anxiously.  Why did it have to be so awkward around Mr.Utterson? Y/n folded her hands together in her lap, not wanting her anxiousness to show. Utterson was staring out of the window silently with his leg crossed over another. Y/n couldn't help taking a glance. He looked so 'bossy' and professional, he was certainly boss material.

"Something caught your eye, Ms.L/n?" Utterson asked without looking at her. She instantly flushed, turning away quicker than lightning. "N-no, sir." Had he noticed that? Definitely. Y/n turned her mind back to where this potential place was.

The car then came to a stop. "We're here. Let us get a move on." Utterson swiftly exited the vehicle, Y/n scrambling to follow him. She then noticed the building's exterior. It wasn't a building at all, it was a staircase leading way down below the ground. She felt panic rising. This wasn't something bad, was it?

Behind them followed the driver who had been carrying two briefcases, which Y/n assumed was the work they'd be doing for today in whatever this place was. They soon reached a door at the bottom of the staircase, and a man in a black suit was standing there. Y/n saw Mr.Utterson mutter something she couldn't quite hear to him, and he then opened the door. "Come along. Ms. Y/n." He said briefly. She hurried along after him.

They were in a sort of long hallway, the lights soon becoming dimmer and dimmer the farther along you went. Y/n could hear what seemed to be muffled vibrations of music. Another man in a suit lay at the end seeming to guard the door, but instead of giving a code word, he just opened the door for them. There, she was blasted with brisk cold air, the loud sounds of music, people chatting, and the smell of smoke and alcohol. 

Wait....This place is a...a CLUB!? She could hardly believe it, but it was true. He had, in fact, taken her to a club. Was this some sort of joke?

"Sir, I don't think I understand-" Her confusion overcame her nervousness. Mr.Utterson looked at her with suprise in his eyes.

"What's there not to understand? It's a wonderful working environment, you'll see."

He strutted along, using a hand signal for her to follow. It was hard to keep focus with all the noise. How was this a good working environment?

He sat down at an empty table, it almost looked as if it were reserved for him, which it probably was. Y/n sat across from him awkwardly, her work still clutched in her hands. Mr.Utterson casually took out his paperwork and laptop like it was an everyday thing, which it probably was. Everyone around them seemed used to it as well. Y/n never felt more like an outsider before.

He began to type and write away at it, seemingly immune to the sharp scents and vibrations of music. Y/n found it hard to keep focus, her eyes kept darting back and forth from the people towards him in front of her. Mainly it was just him.

"You will grow used to it eventually," Mr.Utterson said suddenly without looking up. "The reason I come here is because of the noise. It helps you focus on the task at hand. It might not seem like it right now, but once you develop being able to block everything out and have steely focus, it becomes easier. It's a core strength to have."

He then looked up at her, lowering his glasses so she could see his gaze. Y/n felt her face instantly grow hot. She hoped the strobelights would mask her blushing.

"I struggled at first too, but now it hardly bothers me at all. You'll get there soon enough." He continued, bringing his eyes back to his laptop which slightly illuminated his face.

Y/n murmured in agreement. She supposed it did make some sort of sense, he'd always have razor sharp focus on whatever he was doing. Maybe she could too, now she was working under him.

(Timeskip)

Mr.Utterson had been kind enough to provide Y/n with lunch, seeing that they wouldn't be heading back to the office for the remainder of the work day. Luckily enough, the club did serve food, along with drinks of course.

Now, it was time to head home. They had gotten up and left the club so casually, but Y/n felt her body grow hot with shyness and embarrassment at the thought of tons of strangers looking at them as they left. Would she ever get used to it? Would she ever reach the sense of superiority that Mr.Utterson had achieved there?

Her thoughts were jumbled in her head as they silently sat in the car again. She couldn't help glancing over at the boss man once more. Would she ever get used to that?

"Where is your residence?" He suddenly asked, causing her to flinch slightly.

"Oh, you don't have to, I can just take the train-" Y/n waved a hand at him. She didn't like taking the train, but she didn't know how much longer she would last sitting here in silence in a really nice car with a really, really attractive man next to her.

"I insist, Ms.L/n. It's the least I can do after exposing you to such a confusing environment," Mr.Utterson placed a hand on his chest.

"Well...alright then." She didn't see a point in arguing anymore. "It's up in Soho."

Mr.Utterson bid her a thank you then signaled the driver, and she felt the car turn down the street.

Then, her phone buzzed. Y/n took it out to see who it was, and the group chat of her, Edward, and Sally showed in her notification bar.

S: Y/n!!! Where r you!?

Oh shit. Y/n began speedily typing back.

Y/n: I'm with Mr.Utterson still. He's driving me home.

Then Edward began to type.

E: so you mean to tell us we've been standing waiting here forever for nothing?

Y/n: sorry! I forgot to tell you guys I wasn't heading back to the office 😣

S: that's fine, we'll start heading home now.

Y/n sighed, setting her phone down, but then picked it up again when it buzzed once more.

E: ok, you said you were still with him right? Omg what is it like 👀👀😏

Y/n: dude, it's nothing like that. He's just driving me home.

E: whatever you say 😏

Y/n couldn't help feeling her face heat up upon reading the texts, and she scoffed lightly as she turned her phone off once more.

"Something the matter?" Mr.Utterson's sudden question nearly made her scream in surprise. She cringed mentally as she fumbled for an answer.

"Ah, no, it's just...friends-" It wasn't like it was an entire lie, anyway.

Mr.Utterson eyed her for a moment, then let out a low "mhm," which sounded way more attractive than it should've been. How was she ever going to survive this job if she couldn't stop thirsting over her boss?

At the sight of her apartment complex, she nearly shouted for joy. Anything to get out of this damned vehicle, and to set her mind straight, and not on Mr.Utterson. She didn't hesitate to fly the door open as soon as the car came to a stop. She paused to look back at him.

"Thank you for the ride sir, have a good evening,"

Y/n spoke rather too fast, she just wanted to get it over with. She turned around to leave before he heard his voice once more.

"Would you like me to walk you to your door?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.

"NO!" Y/n shouted immediately, causing his eyes to widen as well as hers. She then cleared her throat and repeated herself, softly this time.

"I'm sorry, no, that's alright, sir. Sorry, it's just been a long day,"

"I see, no worries, I understand. Have a good rest of your night, Ms.L/n."

Y/n miserably murmured a good night back and shut the car door, watching it drive out of view. As soon as she was back in her apartment, she shut the door and pressed her back against it with a long, heavy sigh, and slid down it to the floor.

How would she last?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Probably not what most were expecting lol. I'm a huge sucker for modern city settings, which do include clubs and bars a lot, stuff like that. I'm trying to make Mr.Utterson kind of a mysterious sort of guy, quirky in his own way. The mysterious hot type yk? Also probably just gonna continue this series here lol instead of making it its own book)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 1.8K 113
Heres my one shot book! I rly appreciate everything you all have done for meβ™‘οΈŽ Rules: No... -smut -sex -nudity -straight shipping Zander -illegal sh...
517K 18.4K 41
[THIS BOOK IS PRETTY SHIT. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION. IT IS BEING RE-WRITTEN AS π–πˆπ‹πƒπ…π‹πŽπ–π„π‘. YOU CAN FIND IT ON MY PROFILE.] "I mean it. I...
21.4K 299 23
(Y/n) (L/n) recently moves to Monster High, in search of acceptance, she is the daughter of a legendary Pterolycus winged Wolf. (Y/n) is part normie...
83.2K 2.9K 79
Pretty much what it says on the tin. There will be happy, cute, fluffy oneshots, but others will be sad and angsty. My writing is trash, but it's hi...