When They See Us (Book 1.0)

Por SMMarie11

READ FIRST - BOOK 0.0 WHEN SHE SEES ME ❤️ "If you choose death because life is too damn hard, I'll join you a... Mais

Copyright © 2021 S.M.Marie
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty- Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Thirteen

3.3K 201 12
Por SMMarie11

After leaving Macy's house, I texted my parents that I was coming home instead of staying at Gina. Not like my best friend will be home anyways. She left me to go get her freak on with Amber. My plan is to tell Mom and Dad everything that happened, in the hopes that they will understand why I butted in.

"YOU DID WHAT?" Mom shouts angrily across the living room.

Alright, never mind, they don't understand. Abort! Abort mission now!

I hang my head low, knowing now that they disapprove of me telling Macy she can stay here without their permission first. Dad is sitting on the sofa, swaying her head side to side.

It's now five in the morning, and I still haven't been to sleep. Dad woke up as soon as I texted her. They were both sitting in the living room sipping on a cup of coffee as if they had had the best sleep in their life.

"Addy, Sweet pea, what were you thinking?" Mom is usually on my side, but she's not today, and Dad is getting a kick out of it. I see the grin rising on her face as her elbows rest on her knees and her chin in her palms.

"Mommy, I just wanted to help her. You're mad at me, but Dad knew about this and didn't try to help her." I try to transfer the blame to her, and Dad puts her hands up in defense.

"Actually Princess, I have tried to help her, but there are things in the way. If I let the authorities know, she will be sent back into the system. She gets free tuition to any college in Florida because she was adopted from the system. College is her only way out of that house where Daniel gives her the drugs to feed her addiction. Well... it was the only way... you just gave her another way out."

"Alex?" Mom yells at her wife.

"What baby? It's actually a smart idea. As long as the authorities don't find out she lives here, and Daniel lets her leave, then we're good. Plus, it's a faster way to... you know... get them to..." She puts her fingers into the shape of two scissors and taps the centers together. Is she saying what I think she's saying?

"Alexandria, that's not what I meant by 'finding their way back to each other!'" Dad shrugs her shoulders and sinks further into the couch, knowing she'll get an earful about her comment later. "And you missy do not ever, and I mean ever approach delinquents or strangers trying to play the hero. That is how you get hurt. I applaud your bravery, but that was dangerous."

"She's right, next time, call me. I will always answer. You know that already."

I lower my head and nod. "I'm sorry."

"Forgiven."

I look up to mommy to give me the same pardon. She sucks her teeth and blows into her mug of coffee.

"You're forgiven. Back to this unconsented permission, you have given for someone to move into our house. Adelaide, what will your brother and sister think about her living here? What happens when doctors show up to help her, and she starts to go through withdrawal?"

"I don't know. Camden's old enough to know what's going on. As far as Ray, well... we can just tell her Macy's just sick, and that she needs to stay with us for a bit... she comprehends a lot at her age. She'll understand." I groan into my hands, frustrated. "Mommy, please. She needs help." I know she sees the desperation on my pouty face.

They both stare at me, then glance at one another as if having a private conversation in their minds. Mom sighs heavily and nods to my father.

"Fine. But she sleeps in the guest room, you hear me?"

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much. You are the best parents in the entire world." I grin and nod vigorously, running to give her a hug.

"Mhmm, go get her room set up." I smile and run away before she changes her mind.

As I'm grabbing blankets and making sure the room is nice for her, my dad walks in and sits on the bed. She pats the spot next to her for me to sit, and I comply. I fidget with my fingers and gaze at the floor.

"I saw her getting a little bag of cocaine from someone at the back-to-school party. I wanted to talk to you then, but I didn't want her to get into any trouble... why didn't you tell me she was suffering? That she was an addict? And that she was getting worse?"

"Princess, it wasn't my place to tell you. You are stubborn and didn't see her when she needed you. That was your best friend baby girl, and if you think that the baggy of cocaine was the only problem that girl has in her life, you are sadly mistaken." I look up at her confused. "If this is what you really want to do, help her, then you need to actually commit to it. Stop caring about what everyone else around you thinks in that school Adelaide. Show her you care."

"But I really do care, Dad."

"I know. Your mother and I have always known. Why do you think I asked you to walk with her? You just needed a little push," she says, shoving my shoulder. I chuckle and push her back.

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me yet. Getting her here is just the beginning love. Her withdrawal will be much worse." I sigh and nod my head, confident that I will stick by her side. "Alright, get ready and take the car to get her."

I huff and fall back against the mattress, "But I haven't even slept yet. I just got home."

"Who's fault is that for staying out all night partying. Where is Gina anyways?"

"She ditched me for Amber."

"The cheerleader?"

"Mhmm." I hum through my yawning.

"Yup, saw that coming."

"Did she come to talk to you about it?"

She makes a zipping motion against her lips and walks away. I roll my eyes, annoyed that she can't tell me anything that happens during office hours. I walk to my room, take off the angel costume, and take a shower. It's not a short one either. I want to let Macy sleep off the high as much as she can before I get there. The thought of me getting there and her shutting the door in my face scares me. That isn't the only thing bothering me though.

While I'm getting ready, my mind races, and my thoughts consume me.

What if I can't let what others think to go?

Can I even help her through this?

What if she pushes me away and gets worse?

I was overthinking everything and terrified that if I couldn't change and help to save her from this nasty disease, it would all be for nothing.

After a long and hot shower and getting dressed in some sweatpants, I get into the car and drive to Macy's house. I don't usually wear stuff like this outside of the house, but in this moment, I'm so tired I could be wearing a black trash bag, and it wouldn't ruffle my feathers. As long as at the end of this car ride, she is standing there on her doorstep with her bags packed waiting for me.

I turn down her street, and a smile forms on my face seeing exactly that. I try to hide my excitement that she made the right choice. My smile falls when I notice her and Daniel wiping away their tears and hugging.

Daniel helps bring her suitcases to the trunk, and I pop it open, getting out of the car to help. When I meet them back there, I can tell that both of them have been crying. Daniel turns to me.

"Just take care of her, please?" His voice is raspy and low. "I'm sorry that I'm not strong enough. Please get her the help she needs, and I promise to make sure they don't find out she left so she can go to college." I nod at him, and he turns to Macy. "And I promise to stay away Mays. I will try to get the right help this time." He hugs her with tears streaming down his face. His words dawn on me, and I realize that he is an addict as well. As long as they are together, they won't get the help they need, they only feed off each other's drug dependence. It makes me wonder what happened to make them both like this. They break from their hug, and Macy gets into the passenger side of the car. Looking out the window as we drive away from Daniel.

"Hi," I say, smiling at her. She doesn't answer and instead turns back to the window; I thought we were on good terms after last night. I mean, she decided to come live with us. I guess I was wrong to assume.

She begins to chew on her sleeve. It's a nervous habit that I hate, but I think it's cute too because she does it a lot around me. Which means I make her nervous. Right?

I reach to take her sleeve out of her mouth, but she pulls it out herself. "Don't... touch me."

"What is it with you and not liking people touching you?"

"None of your business."

"Whatever, just stop chewing on your sleeve. You've had that same habit since you were ten."

That earns a chuckle out of her. "Yeah? Because you remember what I was like when I was ten?"

"Actually, I do. I remember how we'd play at the park, and your mother would push you on the swing." She tenses up at the subject of her mother, and her amused smile goes away. It bugs me that I don't know the full story behind what happened to her mother. She returns her gaze to the window to watch the road.

We arrive at my place after what seems like an eternity of driving due to the awkward silence. I help her in bringing her belongings into the house, and she looks around in amazement. She, however, remains silent on the subject. She simply enters the room I show her to and locks herself in. The subject of her mother may have struck a nerve, so I'll let her be alone until she's ready to come out.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

266K 10.3K 32
It's hard to be a mother. Especially a single mother. It's been almost ten years now that Alex is struggling to raise her kids alone and be true to...
141K 7.5K 61
READ FIRST - BOOK 0.0 WHEN SHE SEES ME ❤️ - BOOK 1.5 SOMEBODY TO HOLD "If only they could see how brilliant you are...
192K 4.8K 65
"What your telling me I'm not good enough for you?" I said and she looked at me in the eyes. "Anna we are complete opposites. It's as if the only thi...
925K 28.8K 39
Elise's parents know the fact that she's lesbian.They accept her as long as she's happy.But Elise still not find her partner ever since the accident...