When They See Us (Book 1.0)

By SMMarie11

READ FIRST - BOOK 0.0 WHEN SHE SEES ME ❤️ "If you choose death because life is too damn hard, I'll join you a... More

Copyright © 2021 S.M.Marie
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty- Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Ten

3.2K 208 3
By SMMarie11

After what happened on Monday, I stopped walking with Macy. I didn't glance her way or even waste another second thinking about her. Glad to know that's what she thinks about me. She is a lost cause, and I begin to question why I ever liked her in the first place.

Tuesday came, and she sat next to me in the first period. We had a lab to do together, and basically, we did what was supposed to be a team lab, individually. I could feel her eyes on me, but I never returned the glance. Wednesday and Thursday had the same routine. I uttered maybe a total of three words to her for the rest of the week.

By Friday, she ceased to appear in any of her classes. My parents and Gina continued to ask me what happened between us, but there was no point in explaining. I was done with Macy Tanner. The crush I had for six years had magically vanished.

My emotions didn't stop me from having a good time though. I lined my eyes and blushed my cheek before putting on a shimmering red mini dress and heading to a labor day hotel party. Gi and I are riding in her car in silence with only the radio on.

"So... are we going to talk about this Macy situation... or are you going to continue to keep me in the dark?" She says, turning the music lower.

"Nothing is in the dark. Quite frankly, everything has come to light... so there isn't anything to talk about."

"Okay. I guess." She says, turning right at the light. "Sugarplum, you know I love you right?"

I smile and poke her deep dimple. "Love you too."

She parks in front of the hotel and shuts off the engine. "Okay well, let's put whatever this funky mood is behind us and have a great night."

"Yup. Already in the past." I grin and clap my hands in excitement. We head up to the penthouse of the hotel. When the door opens, we see tons of decorations around the place. Twirling streamers hang from the ceiling. It's like a person full of patriotism threw up all over the place, coating the walls full of red, white, and blue. Gina smirks at me, and I do the same, following her in.

The night goes smoothly as we play beer pong and dance under strobe lights. I'm surprised nobody has called the cops for how loud the music is. Brooklyn weaseled her way to me on the dance floor and began to sway against me. At this point, my mind is only focused on having a good time and forgetting the words said to me Monday morning. I turn around and wrap my arms around Brook's shoulders, matching her rhythm.

"I thought I'd never see the day Adelaide Reed shared a dance with me." I thought the same thing.

"Well, the day is here, so enjoy it while it lasts."

She giggles, and for some reason, the annoying sound that comes out of her mouth irritates me. I continue to dance with her until she stops and says she's hungry. I let her go and stood there for a minute, searching the crowd for Gina. I don't find my best friend, but my eyes do land on someone else I haven't laid eyes on in the past week.

Her big brown eyes stare back at me as the strobe lights illuminate each dark freckle along her nose. I blink a few times, and she turns away from me, sipping from the beer bottle in hand. She stands in front of the drinks table, and all of a sudden, I become thirsty. My feet began to drift her way no matter how much my mind told them to stop and turn back around. Without realizing I am now by her side, staring at the liquor on the table. I swallow, and my throat becomes dry again, so I hurry to crack a can open and down it swiftly.

"How's it going, Pillow Princess?" She asks, fracturing the speechlessness between us.

I sigh deeply, allowing the nickname to get to me once again.

"For someone who's highly unpopular, you seem to be at every party. What, your dopeman meets you here or something?"

She digs one hand in her pockets and shrugs. "Or something." I side-eye her as she brings the glass rim to her lips and gazes back at me.

I don't say anything. Instead, I abandon my drink on the table and meet up with Brooklyn in the middle of the crowd.

"Back for seconds Addypoo?" She smirks, and I roll my eyes before telling her to shut up and clash my lips against hers. I feel her lips twist up into a smile before she grabs the back of my neck and deepens it. We eventually come up for air, and the whole party is gawking at us and cheering. The football team boo's from their corner, but it's not enough to end the crowd's excitement.

"That was nice," Brooklyn says, and I turn to see Macy still standing in the same spot I left her. She looks down at the ground before walking out the front door.

"Adelaide, bitch did you just come out as a lesbian in front of the whole school?" Gina says, hooking her arm around mine and dragging me away from Brooklyn. I'll thank Gina later because I know Brook will talk my ear off about it. If only she knew I was just using her to get back at Macy. Let's just hope she never finds out.

"Welcome to the land of baby gays. The world isn't as rich or full of color as our closets are... but it'll do." We burst out laughing and continue to dance with only each other.

Gina and I finish the night off getting drunk and having to call my dad for a lift home. We wait outside at three in the morning in our thin layer of clothes, teeth chattering in the cold. "Night Adelaide!" A bunch of juniors yell from across the parking lot. I struggle to wave back, and we all giggle at how messed up we are. Many groups of friends had assigned designated drives amongst themselves. While others called their personal drivers to come to get them. My lovely personal chauffeur is my father, and right on que, she rolls up in front of us.

She gives us that disappointed look as her window rolls down, and Gi and I continue to giggle. I yank the handle and almost break a nail from pulling on a locked door.

My dad shakes her head laughing at us, and finally unlocks the door. We shuffle into the back seat and lean against each other as the car begins to move again.

"Seatbelt Sweet Pea." I hear another voice and force my tired eyes open.

"Oh shit, Mommy Reed, is that you?" Gi asks, leaning forward. She gets shoved back into her seat.

"Yes Gina, it's me."

"Hi, Mommmyyyy" I scoot up and hug her from behind.

"Hi, baby. Seat belt please."

"Yes ma'am," I say in my cutest, don't be mad at me for getting a drunk voice.

"This is your doing, Alexandria."

"What? How is this my fault?"

"Because you allow her to go to all these parties."

"Noooo. We collectively agreed to let her go."

"True. But she gets all this partying shit from you."

"What? No? How?"

"Al, don't lie. I know this was how you were in high school."

"You're right. You're right." Dad says, laughing as she turns down another street. I try to focus on the seat in front of me to not get nauseous. "At least she was responsible enough to call us instead of them getting behind the wheel intoxicated."

"Yup.... yup... we'reeee smartttt." I wag my finger and grin with my eyes closed, seeing nothing but darkness behind them.

"How was the party, girls?"

"Grreeaaatttt. Your daughter came out as a lesbian in front of the whole school."

"No... not the whole school," I say, poking her in the temple.

"Liessss." Gi giggles and falls over.

"Well yeah, most of the school. They all liked it, except for Chase and his bobble-headed homophobic goons."

"Was Macy there?" My dad asks.

"Ew noooo. Don't make me barf from hearing her disgusting name."

"Ohhh?" I hear Mom hum, and I look out at the lights floating in the air along the roadside. "What happened between you two?" I try to count the dancing street bulbs but continue to lose count.

"She is... a bitch." I whine, crossing my arms. "She said I was self-centered... and an ego... tistical... jerk." Pouting, I draw circles on the window. "Said I was a coward... I'm not... a coward. Well, maybe I am... but she didn't have to say it... like that. She hurt my feelings."

The car is silent, and I look at Gina snoring next to me. The car comes to a stop, and I shove her shoulder. "Wake up Babycakes! We're home!" I yell, and Mom and Dad shush me.

They each open a door and help us out. I stumble into Dad's arms. "You lied to me."

"About?" She says, unlocking the front door and dragging me to my room.

"Macy." She doesn't answer me and sits me on my bed next to Gina. They each take our shoes off and lay us down on my bed. "Just remember she's not a lost cause Princess." Dad kisses my forehead and rubs the area, and pulls the blanket over us. "We can talk about this when you sober up." I groan, and Mommy moves past her to kiss my cheek.

"You two aren't mad at me right?" I pout with my bottom lip sticking out.

I hear them chuckling, "No baby, we're not mad at you."

I whine and roll over, extending my pinkie towards them. "Promise?"

My parent's both wrap their pinkies around mine at the same time. "We, promise." They say simultaneously.

"Okay, good."

They walk towards the door, "We're not mad, however, you are grounded. You might not remember me saying this, but we'll be sure to remind you when you wake up."

All I see is their bright smiles before the lights go out. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 10.3K 32
It's hard to be a mother. Especially a single mother. It's been almost ten years now that Alex is struggling to raise her kids alone and be true to...
312K 10.7K 52
"I need you to stop bullying Reese." Oh, so it was because of her friend. "I-I will do anything, just make it stop." Her eyes softened along with her...
94.7K 2.2K 12
MILLIE HART Quiet. Shy. Nerd. Prude. That's what everyone calls me while turning up their noses at me. Even if it's true, I don't care. I have a pla...
219K 7.1K 20
When queen bee of the school, Kaylee, is forced to be lab partners with the queen of the freaks, Cameron, things get complicated. The two are total o...