Lovely & Deadly [Jujutsu Kais...

By nanaosaki3940

"Satoru, I have an offer for you." the woman spoke up and the white-haired boy looked up through his sunglass... More

Chapter 1: Ryomen Sukuna
Character Intro
Nana Osaki's Powers & Abilities
CONTENTS
Chapter 2: Girl Of Steel
Chapter 3: Megumi & Nana VS Sukuna
Chapter 4: Revival Of Yuji Itadori
Chapter 5: A Woman Like Her
Chapter 6: A New Friend
Chapter 7: To You, Junpei, Someday...
Chapter 8: Enemy Attack At The Goodwill Event!
Juju Stroll: What kind of person is your type?
Chapter 9: It's Megumi's Time To Shine!
Juju Stroll: Gojo Sensei Gets Rejected!
Juju Stroll: What is Satoru Gojo to you?
Chapter 10: Revelations & Confessions
Chapter 11: Madness In Shibuya Begins!!
Chapter 12: The Love Of A Dead Father
Chapter 13: Geto's Declaration Of The New World
Chapter 15: Kinji Hakari & His Fever!
Chapter 16: Tokyo No.1: Nana & Megumi VS Reggie Star
Chapter 17: The Warmth Of A Cruel Beauty
Chapter 18: His Rival
Chapter 19: Gojo Sensei & Hokkaido
A New Tokyo Revengers Fanfic
Chapter 20: A Shattered Heart
Chapter 21: His Belief In Fate
Note From The Author
New Fanfic Published!!

Chapter 14: Yuta Okkotsu Returns & The Culling Game Begins!

1K 22 0
By nanaosaki3940

Nana's POV (A few hours later after confronting Geto)

After our confrontation with fake Suguru Geto, everyone was really frustrated with the outcome of it, that Geto managed to escape away with both Gojo sensei and the prison realm and since then, everyone had scattered around to track down Geto again in order to retrieve Gojo sensei, but unfortunately, nobody was able to find him anywhere.

Right now, Yuji and I were sitting on some staircase in an abandoned shopping mall, thinking about what we should or shouldn't do next when at that moment Choso appeared on the scene with a concerned look on his face.

"Yuji, how are your injuries?" Choso asked, walking down the stairs from the upper floor and standing on the steps behind us.

"Thanks to Nana's reverse cursed technique, I'm good somehow, despite being hit by black flash. I think that's because of Sukuna. I can tell that his strength is growing." Yuji responded back in a quiet worried tone, staring down at his intertwined hands.

"Yuji, don't worry about me. You can return to Jujutsu High. I have to collect the remains of Shoso and the others anyway." Choso stated in a reassuring tone.

"I'm not worried about you. The problem isn't whether I want to return or not. Sukuna is plotting something involving Fushiguro. Besides, I killed too many people. I can no longer stay with everyone." Yuji stated with his voice laced with guilt, regret, and sadness while clenching his intertwined hands together. "Are you fine with it, Choso? I also killed your little brothers."

"It's fine. That was a misunderstanding. If Eso and Kechizu were in my place... They would say the same thing. It isn't about forgiving or not forgiving. Brothers are just like that." Choso sighed, slowly shaking his head.

And right on cue, my cell phone started to vibrate inside the pocket of my jacket, indicating that I had received a text message from someone, causing me to pull out the device to see who it was. It was Yuta senpai and the text message looked quite long.

Nana,

I came back to Japan a while ago and went straight to the Jujutsu Headquarters. They had announced a notice and I think you need to see this.

Notice from Jujustu headquarters:

1. Suguru Geto's survival has been confirmed and he has been sentenced to death again.

2. Satoru Gojo has been deemed an accomplice in the Shibuya incident and is thus permanently exiled from the Jujutsu world. Furthermore removing his seal will be considered a criminal act.

3. Masamichi Yaga shall receive the death penalty for inciting Satoru Gojo and Suguru Geto and causing the Shibuya incident.

4. The suspension of Yuji Itadori's death sentence is revoked and the execution is to be carried out immediately.

5. Special-grade sorcerer Yuta Okkotsu is appointed Yuji Itadori's executioner.

I'll be coming after Yuji, so be prepared.

-Yuta

I tightened my grip around my phone, clenching it with pure anger and frustration for what I had read just now. Furrowing my eyebrows and gritting my jaw, I stared down at the ground for a moment, thinking of what we should do now. From what I had got from this text, Yuji's death would be staged for the second time again because there was no way Yuta senpai would kill Yuji, and for making it look believable for the Jujutsu higher-ups, Yuta senpai probably would enter a binding vow to execute Yuji. Releasing a heavy breath, I stood up and shoved the phone back into my pocket.

"Let's go." I finally spoke up in a firm tone, causing the boys to look over at me. "Right now we have to take care of as many cursed spirits as possible."

They both immediately agreed to my words without a protest before the three of us walked out of the mall and made our way back to the streets.

Time passed by as Yuji, Choso, and I kept on working together as a team, killing off curse spirits one after another without any sort of complication. Right now, standing alone on a bridge, Yuji clapped his hands together multiple times to draw out several cursed spirits where he led them down into an underpass where Choso and I appeared from a different directions, startling the curses before killing most of them with a single Piercing Blood-shot and blue Hellflames respectively while the remaining cursed spirits were crushed against the wall by Yuji himself.

"Good job, Yuji." I complimented him with a warm smile gracing my features after killing off all the cursed spirits.

"Thanks, Nana, You too." Yuji smiled back at me while Choso walked over and stood beside the pink-haired boy.

"As impressive as ever, little brother..." Choso stated and Yuji gave him a deadpan look.

"Are you still calling me that?" Yuji asked awkwardly, sweat-dropping.

"I'll keep calling you that over and over." Choso responded back before his facial expression became quite serious. "Try to recollect, Yuji... After all your father had stitches on his forehead, didn't he?"

Both Yuji and I gave him a confused look, wondering what he was talking about. As far as I remembered, Yuji once told me that he never knew his mother and his memory of his father was all unclear and blurry. The only family member he could remember and know was his own paternal grandfather who passed away months ago.

"I don't see Megumi. Am I the only one here? Is that possible? Is he that slow?"

All of a sudden, a familiar masculine voice spoke up from behind us, causing me to go rigid on my spot in surprise and concern before I slowly turned around to face the man who was now standing on top of the railing of a bridge over us.

What the hell is he doing here right now?!

"Naoya-san?" I called out in a confused yet careful tone, not so sure about the intentions of this Zenin man.

"Who's he?" Yuji asked as he and Choso looked back and forth between me and Naoya in confusion.

"Naoya Zenin. Maki senpai and Mai-san's cousin." I replied, furrowing my eyebrows at the Zenin man.

"It's great to see you again, Nana." Naoya smirked at me before giving us a confused look. "By the way, what are you three doing? You totally stand out. Don't you want to run?"

"Run?" Yuji questioned again, raising an eyebrow.

"Huh? Don't you know? Your death sentence is back on since Satoru's support is gone." Naoya replied.

"Huh?" Choso asked, frowning at the older man in pure anger.

"My business is with Megumi, so I honestly don't care if you live or die. But I can't have you scampering around, so I'll start by breaking your legs." Naoya stated smugly and that was when I became quite defensive.

"What do you want with Megumi?" I asked in a demanding tone.

"I think I'll have him die. But it would help if he wrote a little something first." Naoya smirked and my eyes darkened at his words in fury.

"Die? What do you mean by dying?!" I snapped, clenching my fists.

"Haven't you heard? Megumi is the new head of the Zenin clan." Naoya responded back boredly and my eyes went wide open in surprise.

"What?! Really?!" Yuji gasped out in shock, before looking back at me for some explanation.

"But that would only happen if your father passes away... Did Naobito-san die?" I asked and suddenly Naoya's facial expression went dark and furious as I noticed him clenching his fists.

"Yes, he did. And he made Megumi the next head of the clan." Naoya replied through his gritted teeth in frustration.

"That's because your father made a contract with Toji Fushiguro-san years back... If Gojo sensei dies or becomes mentally incapacitated for any reason, Megumi will assume the role of the 27th head of the Zenin family after your father's death and will also inherit all the assets, including the cursed tools store in the Tokyo Prefectural Jujutsu High school and the Zenin family cursed warehouses." I stated, causing Naoya to furrow his eyebrows at me.

"Looks like you know a lot about this." he noted out.

"Gojo sensei told me this secret just a few days ago. And by the looks of it, you don't seem happy at all." I pointed out, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Should I be happy though? Megumi snatched my birthright away from me. Only I have the right to become the next head of the Zenin clan." Naoya snapped as he glared down at me.

"It's good that Megumi snatched it away from you. Someone who's this arrogant and disrespectful, you're not worthy of becoming the head of your clan, Naoya Zenin." I scoffed in response and this snapped Naoya.

At that instant, Naoya leaped down from the bridge in order to fight us and although we recognized his speed, Yuji was unable to avoid the strike to his face. Before we could land a hit of our own, Naoya quickly jumped away from us and the three of us realized that it must be his cursed technique.

"You two are tougher than I thought..." Naoya commented with a smirk, looking between me and Yuji, narrowing his eyes at us. "To be honest, I didn't expect much. Shall I try upping my speed?"

Just then, all of a sudden, we felt an overwhelming presence coming from somewhere around that area, halting our fight for a moment before my eyes widened a bit in realization.

He's here!!

"Hm? You're not alone." Another familiar masculine voice spoke up.

We all looked up at the bridge and noticed the one and only Yuta Okkotsu senpai with all his glory standing on the railing with his infamous katana scabbard in his hands, looking to be all ready to fight. Yuta senpai then unsheathed his katana and jumped from the railing of the bridge above, destroying a portion of the wall on his way down in the process, leaving Yuji and Choso dumbfounded at what just happened.

"Yuta senpai, welcome back." I greeted him politely, bowing my head a bit.

"Great to see you again, Nana." Yuta Senpai greeted me back before looking over at the three men beside me. "So, who's with Itadori?"

"So you are Yuji's executioner... Yuta Okkotsu..." Choso pointed out.

"Wait! Just a second! I'm on your side!" Naoya quickly stated out while holding his hands up in a surrender position, moving away from us and I rolled my eyes at him in complete annoyance.

"Who are you?" Yuta senpai asked in confusion, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm Naoya Zenin, Maki's cousin." Naoya introduced himself. "I'm also here to kill Itadori. Don't worry, I won't interfere. But in return..."

I tuned out Naoya's annoying voice and focused my attention on Yuji and Choso.

"You got to run, Yuji." I stated in a whispered tone and Yuji gave me a confused look.

"Huh?" he asked and Choso leaned a bit closer to him.

"Naoya is a speed type, but there's a hidden trick to it. Playing chess with him could be bad, so I'll take him." Choso whispered in response.

"Will you be alright?" Yuji asked Choso in concern.

"Yeah, I will. But the one they want is you, Yuji. Just think about getting away from Yuta Okkotsu. I'm guessing he's the same type as Satoru Gojo. If you fight him, you'll die." Choso warned him.

I didn't say anything to those two boys at that moment and remained completely silent. I knew Yuta Senpai won't kill or even think about hurting Yuji given that he was once Gojo sensei's pupil and also had to go through these same issues a year ago which Yuji was going through.

"Even if you kill Itadori, will you refrain from telling your superiors for a while? He's bait for someone I want to meet." Naoya went on and I furrowed my eyebrows at him in anger and annoyance.

"And that someone is Megumi... Senpai, Naoya Zenin is planning on killing Megumi to take over the Zenin clan head's position." I scoffed in response, causing Naoya to look back at me with complete hatred, watching him glaring daggers my way.

Yuta furrowed his eyebrows at this as he looked back and forth between me and Naoya for a moment before glancing back at the Zenin man one last time.

"I'll deal with you later, Naoya Zenin, but first..." Yuta senpai trailed off before suddenly everyone made their move, with Yuta senpai sprinting past me and Choso towards Yuji while Choso tried to slow him down with a Piercing Bloodshot but Naoya interrupted the attack.

Yuji sprinted away from Yuta senpai and Choso looked over at me.

"Osaki! Go after them!" Choso instructed and in response, I simply nodded my head at him and dashed after Yuji and Yuta senpai, chasing them.

Away from the underpass, Yuji sprinted toward a car resting on its side and leaped over it, and Yuta Senpai quickly ran to the other side with his katana ready. However, Yuji grabbed onto the car and reversed direction, just barely dodging Senpai's strike, leaving the older boy stunned.

"You're like Maki." Yuta Senpai commented.

Just then, Yuji suddenly punched the car toward Yuta Senpai and began running toward the nearby buildings. However, the car was thrown above Yuji's head by Senpai which stopped the pink-haired boy in his tracks. Yuji looked back at Yuta senpai as the older boy slowly made his way toward the younger one.

"Surprised? I don't look like the power type. I'm actually on the weak side." Yuta stated, getting into a fighting stance.

Despite not having much power, Yuta Senpai had an immense amount of cursed energy. He always compensated for his lack of power with cursed energy reinforcement. Everyone did that, but Yuta Senpai's case was kind of different. The flow of energy for an elite sorcerer was always difficult to read but for different reasons. Elite fighters had greater accuracy in controlling cursed energy, making it difficult to predict an attack until the moment it was executed. But Yuta Senpai's whole body including his katana was constantly surging with cursed energy at that moment. For Yuji, the problem wasn't about reading Senpai's moves, because his every attack could be decisive but he could restrict all damage to a minimum.

"You're the exact opposite of me." Yuji pointed out, furrowing his eyebrows a bit.

"You noticed, huh? I have got more cursed energy than Gojo sensei." Yuta senpai revealed and Yuji's eyes went wide open in shock.

"Huh?!" Yuji asked.

"But sensei has the six eyes, so the energy that's lost when he activates a cursed technique is infinitesimally close to zero. Of course, sensei is the best. After all, I can run out of cursed energy, but he doesn't. Now I'm done talking." Yuta senpai stated, getting into a fighting stance again.

And with that, senpai immediately sprinted toward Yuji, who was quite overwhelmed by his speed. Yuta senpai finally made contact with Yuji's face with the butt of his katana, causing Yuji to slide back away from senpai and as Yuji began to recover from the strike, he looked up and flashed out a determined look at Yuta senpai.

"Sorry, but I can't die just yet." Yuji stated, getting into a fighting stance once again.

The fight between them continued as Yuta senpai stayed on the offensive with his katana, and although Yuji dodged most of his strikes, one of them grazed his cheek and opened up a cut. After that, Yuji dashed toward a large SUV and jumped inside the open window where he spotted a knife on the seat and quickly picked it up before jumping out through the opposite window. Yuta Senpai leaped over the hood and attacked with his katana, but Yuji used the survival knife to block the strike. Yuta senpai was taken aback at first but quickly recovered from it as Yuji lunged forward, thinking of closing the gap after imbuing the knife with cursed energy. As the two clashed, Yuta Senpai spoke up again.

"You're too focused on my katana." Senpai pointed out, before suddenly raising it above his head and kicking Yuji in the stomach.

Yuji couldn't believe the power of his kick, but even though he quickly recovered from it, Yuta senpai's next strike broke Yuji's knife and cut his midsection. However, as Yuta Senpai's katana was lodged in the ground, Yuji pinned it down and broke the blade with his foot before Senpai slid back away from the pink-haired boy.

"This was never going to be easy." Yuta senpai stated, looking at his now broken katana.

Although Yuji's wound was deep, it seemed his vitals were intact and both of the boys were unarmed now. But as Yuji was about to move forward to strike senpai, a large creature suddenly appeared behind him which looked like a cursed spirit, and put both its hands around his head. My eyes went wide open at the frightening sight.

Wait a minute... Is that Rika?!

"What's going on here?" the cursed spirit asked while Yuji went completely rigid on his spot in fear.

"We're just playing, Rika. Hold him for me." Yuta senpai stated calmly and before Yuji could even react to anything, senpai went forward and stabbed him in the chest with the broken katana.

As blood dripped from Yuji's mouth, Yuta senpai looked him in the eyes and softened his gaze a bit.

"Sorry, Itadori." He mumbled and with that, Yuji went completely unconscious.

Cursed spirit Rika immediately disappeared after this and Yuji's unconscious body collapsed on the ground. After witnessing everything from afar, I finally walked into the scene and stood beside Yuji's unconscious body.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" I asked, kneeling beside Yuji before looking over at Yuta senpai.

"I'm giving you an address of a secret hideout. You can take Itadori to that place and keep him safe and hidden. Maki, Yuki-san, and Megumi are all there as well." Yuta senpai replied as he walked over to me and I nodded my head at him in response with a determined look in my eyes.

"Okay... Leave it all to me, senpai..."

Time skip (An hour later; in a basement of an abandoned building)

Leaving Yuji's body safely in the basement next to a fire to keep him all warm and cozy, I went to the upper floor to meet up with Megumi and the others. I walked into a room to see Maki senpai sitting idly on a couch with Megumi standing right in front of her with his arms crossed over his chest. I noticed the left side of Maki Senpai's face and her body was covered in third-degree burns and her hair had also been cut shorter. She was now wearing a jacket and a belt over her student uniform and was wearing pants instead of a skirt.

"Megumi, Maki senpai..." I called out softly, making them aware of my presence.

Both the Zenins snapped their heads around to face me and I flashed out a warm smile at them.

"Hi, guys." I greeted them, waving my hand.

"Yo." Maki senpai greeted me back with a smirk while Megumi rushed over and pulled me into a tight warm hug.

Burying his face into my raven locks, Megumi wrapped his arms around my petite figure, tightening his grip on me even more. I couldn't help but hug him back as well. After all, it had been hours since I last saw him, and didn't even think of returning back to him all well and alive. Megumi's hug was so warm, cozy, and wholesome that it felt as if I was finally home. To be honest, now that I think about it, Megumi and I had been living together under the same roof for almost 10 years now. So, in a way, Megumi was my home and I was his. I seriously couldn't imagine my life without Megumi or Gojo sensei even if that older man annoyed me to death sometimes.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He whispered, causing me to smile at this in response.

"You can't get rid of me so easily, you know." I giggled out and Megumi chuckled in response before we pulled away from the hug. "I heard you became the head of the Zenin clan. Congrats, Megumi."

Megumi groaned in annoyance and scoffed at my words.

"It's not like I wanted to become one. It's too much of a hassle." He stated, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Sorry, but I need you to do it." Maki senpai chimed in and we looked back at her. "Naobito said he would leave the entire Zenin fortune to you, Megumi. That means money and cursed tools... and you will receive information about the big three families and Jujutsu Headquarters. The way we operate from now on is gonna drastically change."

"Then you do it, Maki senpai. I'll step down." Megumi stated, almost sounding like a request while Maki senpai let out a heavy breath and looked away from us.

"No one would appreciate me or follow me the way I am now..." she mumbled out before looking back at Megumi with furrowed a scowl on her face. "You have inherited the family cursed technique! And learned a domain! And Satoru favored you, so it all stacks up to you being good enough! Barely!"

"But stuff like acceptance... what the people of the Zenin clan think doesn't matter, does it? You'll get all those benefits you mentioned just by becoming clan head." Megumi countered back to which Maki senpai shook her head.

"I'm still not good enough. I can't create a place where Mai would feel like she belongs." She responded back and Megumi's face softened at her words, finally realizing where she was coming from.

"Understood..." He muttered in a soft tone, not arguing any further.

"Besides, your father was the one who made this deal with Naobito-san years ago, Megumi..." I spoke up again and the two Zenins looked at me in confusion. "If something happens to Gojo sensei like death or mental instability, then you've to assume the role of the 27th head of the Zenin family after Naobito-san's death. And as Gojo sensei is locked away in the prison realm, meaning he's out of the picture, with Naobito being dead as well, there's no other option but for you to take the power. Besides..."

"Besides, what, Nana?" Maki senpai asked, narrowing her eyes at me.

"I met Naoya-san an hour ago... He was looking for Megumi and wanted to kill him because Megumi took away the clan head's position from him. And we all know what type of person Naoya-san is, so it's better Megumi is the clan head rather than him." I stated, causing their eyes to go wide open in shock.

"That bastard Naoya..." Maki senpai growled out, clenching her fists in fury before looking back at Megumi. "Megumi, you don't worry. I'll take care of Naoya to make sure that he doesn't do anything to you."

"Maki senpai, there's no need for that." Megumi protested, frowning at her while Maki senpai glared daggers at him.

"Yes, it's certainly needed Megumi." I countered back, furrowing my eyebrows at him. "You're now the head of the Zenin clan, so you need to stay alive and protected. Besides, we can't have you dead just yet cause we have a lot of things left to do. We still haven't saved Gojo sensei yet, remember...? And besides... I'll not let you die as long as I'm alive..."

With his cheeks starting to blush pink in color, Megumi's eyes went wide open a bit at my last statement while I quickly looked away from him in embarrassment before I started to walk away.

"I need to go and check up on Yuji..." I muttered and quickly walked out of the room.

When I returned to the basement, I noticed Yuta senpai already present there, sitting on some pile of bricks with Yuji just waking up from his unconsciousness before he sat on the ground.

"Yuji, you're awake. Thank God!" I sighed in relief before smiling at the two boys.

"Huh? I'm..." Yuji trailed off, looking around in confusion before his gaze fell on Yuta Senpai.

"What a relief!" Yuta senpai laughed heartedly which caused Yuji to give him a dumbfounded look. "I think it was around September. Gojo sensei came to see me. He asked me to watch over you, so I had to put on this act."

"Act?" Yuji asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Instead of allowing a different executioner or having all information about you hidden, I decided this workaround was best. But they aren't dumb, so in order to get jujitsu headquarters to approve me as executioner, I entered a binding vow to kill you. So I killed you. Sorry about that." Yuta senpai explained the situation, smiling at the pink-haired boy.

"Then why am I still alive?" Yuji questioned again in confusion.

"Because of reverse cursed technique. At the same time your heart stopped, I instantaneously healed you with the reverse cursed technique. Not many people know I can take positive energy as is and output it. I thought it might work based on what I have heard about you. Yeah... this is the second time your death has been staged. Given the circumstances, they may find out soon but for a time they will officially consider your death sentence complete." Yuta senpai replied, causing Yuji to narrow his eyes at the older boy.

"Why... are you doing this?" Yuji asked skeptically and Senpai smiled warmly at him.

"Because you're important to people who are important to me... I too once bore a power I couldn't handle. I thought it had been forced on me, but I had invited it upon myself. But not you... The power you bear isn't your own. You aren't to blame." Senpai reassured him and Yuji looked away from him with a frowning face.

"You don't understand." Yuji stated, looking down at his hands. "It isn't about whether it's my fault. But, I..."

"Itadori." A familiar masculine voice spoke up from behind us before the individual made his way forward and stood beside me.

"Fushiguro!" Yuji gasped in surprise and relief.

"What are you doing?" Megumi asked, furrowing his eyebrows a bit. "Let's head back to Jujutsu High. The barrier around the school is loosening. As long as no one directly sees your face, it should be no problem for you to go back. We will rejoin the older students and..."

"Stop!" Yuji exclaimed out in frustration through his gritted teeth, clenching his fists in anger. "Don't act like everything is normal! Don't act as if nothing happened! I killed people! Because of me, lots of people died!"

"It's our fault, Yuji. Don't be selfish and give up all alone." I chimed in, letting out a heavy sigh. "Listen, Yuji... We aren't heroes fighting for justice. We are jujutsu sorcerers. No one can ever truly judge us, so we must continually prove the worth of our existence. And we don't have the luxury of thinking about ourselves. We have just got to save people. I believe that was the original principle behind your actions."

"So start by saving us, Itadori. Noritoshi Kamo has made plans for those involved with Jujutsu to face off in a Culling Game." Megumi added before his face softened a bit. "And Tsumiki is ensnared in that. So, I'm begging you, Itadori. I need your strength."

Yuji's face softened as well at the mention of Tsumiki before he thought about this for a moment and then looked back at Yuta senpai once again with a determined look on his face.

"Okkotsu senpai... Sukuna is plotting something involving Fushiguro. He probably took over my body in Shibuya because I ate 10 fingers all at once. I have ingested 15 fingers so far. Even if I ate all remaining five in one go, I doubt he would be able to take control... But if I ever switch with Sukuna again, don't hesitate to kill me. I think you could do that." Yuji stated and Senpai nodded his head in response.

"Understood. I'll do what I can." Senpai responded back.

"Fushiguro, what should I do?" Yuji asked.

"First we'll go back to Jujustu High and contact Master Tengen. We need to find out how to remove the seal on the prison realm. Also, what are Noritoshi Kamo's concrete objectives and future moves... The Culling Game is Jujutsu terrorism like never before. To fix this mess, we need to find the answers to these questions and I think only Master Tengen knows." Megumi explained.

"Maybe Tsukumo knows?" Yuji wondered.

"I already spoke to her. This was her idea. She's hiding in Jujutsu High too." Megumi replied.

"Hiding?" Yuji asked in confusion.

"She wants to avoid the higher-ups..." I replied, crossing my arms over my chest.

"The problem is Master Tengen's concealing barrier. Over 1000 doors are continually shuffling, but only one leads to the tomb of the star corridor where Master Tengen resides." Yuta Senpai added.

"And we can't contact Master Tengen if we don't pick the right one?" Yuji questioned again before halting for a second and looking back at Megumi. "Sorry. Fushiguro, I have to ask... what happened to Kugisaki?"

As we all remained silent, not knowing what to say to this, Yuji got the answer to his question as he looked away from us and clenched his fists in anger and frustration.

"Oh, I get it... I get it!" he muttered to himself.

"About the barrier... there may be a way past it." a familiar voice suddenly spoke up, breaking the heavy tension and we all looked over to see Choso walking over to us from the darkness.

"Oh, you were listening?" Yuta Senpai asked with a smile.

"What do you mean, Choso?" Yuji asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Mahito once stole Sukuna's fingers and the death painting wombs, right? We can do the same thing." Choso stated and I nodded my head in response.

"What about Maki senpai? Where is she?" I asked, looking back at Megumi.

"She already went back to Jujustu High." Megumi replied before looking back at the others. "Let's go and meet up with her there."

And after that, the five of us went back to Jujutsu High where we found Maki Senpai and Yuki already there, waiting for us in a secret basement.

"Long time no see... but not really." Maki senpai greeted Yuta senpai and Yuji as we all walked into the room.

"Maki senpai?!" Yuji gasped in shock and concern at the sight of her burned face.

"Maki! Is it okay for you to move around?" Yuta senpai asked in concern, walking up to her.

"Yeah, no problem." Maki senpai replied nonchalantly, waving her hand to dismiss it.

"It can't be helped with burn scars. Even the reverse cursed technique leaves a mark. I would expect nothing less from someone physically gifted through heavenly restriction. It was her inborn physical toughness, not curse tolerance, that saved her life. It's too bad about the business with the head of the family." Yuki spoke up from the couch she was sitting on with a smile on her face.

"Well, I wasn't going for it." Maki senpai sighed before looking over at Megumi. "Megumi, what about Master Tengen's barrier...?"

"About that..." Megumi trailed off before Choso chimed in.

"I'll explain. Between the doors and the tomb lies the cursed warehouse where Jujutsu High stores cursed tools and objects. It holds the remains of my younger brothers, Noranso, Sho-oso, Tanso, Sanso, Kotsuso, and Shoso... Even if they are remains, with the six together, a side effect of my cursed technique should provide some guidance." Choso explained.

"Good!" Yuki smiled and quickly stood up from the couch.

"That's fine but... who's this guy?" Maki senpai asked in confusion, looking over at Choso.

"For now think of him as my 'Big Brother'..." Yuji replied and Choso gave him a shocked look while we all started to walk out of the room.

"Yuji!!!" Choso called out with lots of emotions finally Yuji called him a 'brother' which caused me and Megumi to give him a deadpan look.

"Let's go..." Yuji stated, ignoring Choso's call.

A few minutes later, down some hallways, we arrived at a place where we opened a set of doors that lead to a woodland area.

"There. Without a doubt, my brothers sleep beyond these doors. Let's go. Deep in, there is an elevator to the tomb." Choso explained.

Deep inside, we went to an elevator that went down to the tomb. Once at the bottom, we entered a large space and found bloodstains on the ground.

"Bloodstains? What happened here?" Yuji asked in confusion, looking down at the floor.

"It was 11 years ago. Now that I think about it... that's when everything began to get distorted." Yuki replied.

"Back when Gojo sensei was a 2nd-year Jujutsu High student, here, 11 years ago, my Mom, Gojo sensei, and Geto-san fought Toji Zenin who killed a girl named Riko Amanai, the Star Plasma Vessel. My Mom also died here. These are the blood of my mother and Riko-san." I explained further, causing everyone to look over at me in shock.

"What?!" Yuji gasped, his eyes widening like a dinner plate.

"How do you know this?" Megumi asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Who told you this, Nana-chan?" Yuki questioned as well.

"Gojo sensei told me everything a few days ago... About my Mom's death, Toji Zenin and all..." I replied with a shrug before giving them a reassuring smile. "It's okay, guys. Don't worry about me. I'm fine."

"Hope you are." Maki senpai sighed before smiling back at me. "You're a strong girl, Nana."

We then entered another corridor that led to the main shrine and arrived at a large, white space.

"All right everyone, the main shrine is true here..." Yuki stated before she looked around, but found nothing. "Damn it!"

"There's nothing here." Yuji pointed out in confusion.

"This is the main shrine?" Megumi asked, looking at Yuki.

"No, it's rejecting us. Tengen doesn't interfere with this world, but I thought the contact was possible now that the six eyes are sealed. I'm too optimistic." Yuki replied, letting out a small groan in frustration.

"Let's head back. Tsumiki doesn't have time." Yuta senpai chimed in.

"Leaving so soon?" an unfamiliar deep masculine voice spoke, causing us to halt on our spot and look around to see who it was. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Children of Zenin and Osaki, Michizane's descendant, Death Painting Womb and Sukuna's vessel..."

Standing right in front of us was a mysterious being who had four eyes with a cylinder-shaped head that featured no hair at all, but he did possess a bipedal humanoid body. They were also wearing a simple light-colored robes.

"Aren't you gonna say hello to me, Tengen?" Yuki stated to the mysterious being and the rest of us gasped out in surprise.

Holy shit!!! That's Master Tengen!!!

"This isn't the first time we've met, Yuki Tsukumo." Tengen smiled at her.

"Why did you close all the tombs of the Star Corridor?" Yuki asked in confusion.

"I was afraid you might be in alignment with Kenjaku. After all, I cannot see into the human heart." Tengen replied.

"Kenjaku?" Yuki asked, getting even more confused.

"The sorcerer who was once Noritoshi Kamo and is now inhabiting the body of Suguru Geto..." Tengen replied and I furrowed my eyebrows a bit.

"So, his original name is Kenjaku?" I asked and Tengen nodded his head in response.

"That name suggests compassion and salvation. Give me a break." Yuki scoffed.

"Master Tengen, why do you look like that?" Yuji asked him all of a sudden, causing Megumi and I to give him a deadpan look.

"He sure has the guts to cut in on an important discussion..." I mumbled to myself.

"I may be immortal but I'm not immune to aging. After 500 years, you would look like this too." Tengen chuckled in response.

"For real?!" Yuji gasped.

"11 years ago after failing to merge with a Star Plasma Vessel, my aging accelerated, and my self-awareness as an individual diminished. The very world became myself..." Tengen explained.

"So there wasn't another Star Plasma Vessel then?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"And that's why your voice doesn't proliferate." Yuki stated.

"Excuse me but..." Megumi chimed in, raising a hand.

"We came to ask about Kenjaku's objectives and how to open the prison realm. Will you tell us what you know?" Yuta Senpai asked.

"I wish I could simply say yes but there is one condition. Yuta Okkotsu. Yuki Tsukumo. And the Death Painting Womb... Two of you must remain here to serve as my guards." Tengen stated and I furrowed my eyebrows at this.

"Guards? Aren't you immortal?" Yuta Senpai asked.

"Are you worried about the seal?" Maki senpai questioned further.

"Not fair! You haven't even told us why or how far long we would have to do it!" Yuki scoffed in response.

"So, then shall I speak of Kenjaku? His objective is to force the evolution of all human beings throughout the land of Japan." Tengen stated.

"We heard that. But what exactly does he intend? Why didn't Kenjaku use your barrier that time and turn everyone in Japan into sorcerers via ideal transfiguration?" I asked in confusion.

"He lacks the cursed energy to do that. Cursed energy that has been refined through Uzumaki cannot return to the sorcerer. Triggering an evolution in each individual with a cursed technique is incredibly inefficient. The method of evaluation that Kenjaku has chosen is the merging of humankind and me." Tengen explained to us.

"Is that even possible?" Yuji asked in shock.

"Isn't that impossible for anyone but a Star Plasma Vessel?" Megumi questioned calmly.

"Yes, the way I was before. But now that I have evolved for the past 11 years, it would not be impossible for me to merge with someone other than a Star Plasma Vessel." Tengen replied.

"But you are one person, right? How could you merge with multiple people?" Choso asked.

"I am not what you see before you at this moment. My evolved soul exists all around us. As I said, my self is now the world itself. A human who merges with me transforms into something greater than a sorcerer... as a new being that is both there and not there. I possess barrier techniques so I'm able to maintain this form and self-control even after evolving. However, if mankind evolves and even if only one person rages out of control, the world will end..." Tengen explained the situation further.

"Why?" Yuki asked, furrowing her eyebrows a bit.

"There would be no boundaries between individuals, so evil would spread instantaneously. The impurity of 100 million people would flood the world. What just happened to Tokyo would happen to the entire world." Tengen replied.

"Why would Kenjaku do that?" Yuji asked.

"I do not know. As I said, I cannot read the human heart." Tengen shrugged.

"So why don't you just refuse to merge?" Maki senpai chimed in.

"This is the problem. Now that I have evolved, I am a more cursed spirit than a human being. That makes me a target for cursed spirit manipulation. Considering Kenjaku's ability as a sorcerer, He might be able to seize me the moment we encounter each other. That is why my main body is rejecting everything at the tombs of the Star Corridor." He replied.

"And the reason you want guards, right?" Yuta senpai concluded.

"Yes. Kenjaku is the second most powerful barrier user after me. I do not know when he will undo the seal of the tombs." Tengen went on.

"Why now? Kenjaku prevented a merging with a Star Plasma Vessel and forced your evolution and wants to consume and control you through cursed manipulation. Apparently, he was involved with Sukuna, so he has been a sorcerer for at least 1000 years, so why now?" I asked in confusion.

"I... the Star Plasma Vessel and the six eyes are all connected by fate. In the past, Kenjaku Has twice lost to sorcerers of the six eyes. The second time he took no chances and killed the star plasma vessel and six eyes less than one month after they were born. Nonetheless, on the day of merging, the six eyes and the start plasma vessels appeared. After that, Kenjaku switched to sealing Instead of eradicating the six eyes and began searching for the prison realm because two bearers of the six eyes cannot appear at the same time. But then the unexpected happened 11 years ago when Toji Zenin intervened... He was physically gifted through heavenly restriction and on top of that he was an anomaly who had escaped from cursed energy. As a human being who had escaped fate through the power of restriction, he destroyed our destinies... then came along a boy with cursed manipulation, Suguru Geto... suddenly all the pieces had come together except for the prison realm. Then even that fell into his hands six years ago." Tengen explained this even further causing Yuji and Choso to look over at me.

"Hey, Toji Zenin and Toji Fushiguro... they're the same person, right?" Yuji whispered into my ears, narrowing his eyes at me and I slowly nodded my head in response.

"Yeah, he's Megumi's father... but don't tell anything about this to Megumi... Gojo sensei's strict order." I whispered back to Yuji and Choso to which they simply nodded their heads back at me in response.

"So why is this Culling Game happening?" Megumi asked in annoyance, who fortunately didn't hear my small conservation with Yuji and Choso.

"It is like breaking in the body prior to merging. It's not impossible to merge with someone other than a Star Plasma vessel, but it is highly unlikely and would be incomplete at present. The Culling Game uses the players' cursed energy and the boundaries binding barriers in a ritual for conveying the human beings of this country to the other side. Through that custom, he will begin merging with me. However, in order to perform such a ritual, Kenjaku has undertaken certain binding vows. One stipulates that he is not the game master. However, this does not work in your favor because the culling game will not end even if you kill him. The game will continue until all the players are dead or all the players refuse participation and die. The clause mentioning long-lasting additions to the rule ensures that nothing can interrupt the ritual." Tengen replied.

"Which means..." Megumi trailed off, gritting his teeth in frustration.

"Uh-huh. We have no choice but to participate in the Culling game and add a rule whereby Tsumiki and other unwilling participants can get out. We should also free Gojo sensei. That guy could settle everything all on his own." I stated, giving Megumi a reassuring look.

"First decide who stays..." Tengen stated, crossing his arms over his chest and that was when Yuki and Choso stepped forward.

"I will stay." They spoke up in unison before Choso looked back at Yuji.

"Yuji, you absolutely need Okkotsu's or this woman's cooperation. Especially if Noritoshi Kamo... if Kenjaku comes here for Tengen. Ending his life means salvation for my little brothers..." he stated and Yuji nodded his head in response.

"And I'm not done talking to Tengen." Yuki stated, looking over at Yuta Senpai. "Is that all right, Okkotsu?"

"Yeah. I don't want to leave the others." Yuta Senpai replied with a warm smile.

"Thank you. This... is necessary." Tengen stated before pulling out a cubic box. "For freeing Satoru Gojo... This is the back of the prison realm."

"Back?!" Megumi asked in confusion.

"I have never heard of that." Yuki pointed out.

"You mean like a back gate?" Yuji asked.

"Yes, that's right. Before Kenjaku found it, the prison realm was outside my barrier. I believe it was overseas. By sealing this rare gate, I was hiding the existence of the front, but it was no use. Satoru Gojo is also sealed inside the rear gate." Tengen replied.

"Then if we open it, we can..." Yuji started but Tengen quickly cut him off.

"No. The authority to open the gate rests with Kenjaku as the bearer of the front. Breaking it open requires either the inverted spear of heaven that nullifies cursed techniques or the black rope that disrupts and cancels cursed technique effects. But Satoru Gojo sealed the Inverted Spear of Heaven overseas 11 years ago or destroyed it. And last year he got rid of all the black rope." Tengen explained.

"Why would you do that, sensei?!" Yuji yelled out in frustration.

"Why would that guy do that?!" Megumi growled out in fury.

"It's because, 11 years ago, Toji Zenin used this Inverted Spear of Heaven on Gojo sensei which canceled out his Limitless technique during their fight and literally killed him as well. Toji Zenin even used that weapon on my mother as well and that's the reason why she couldn't fight back against that Zenin man and died in the first place. Gojo sensei thought that it'd be better for him and everyone else if he threw that weapon away." I explained the real situation to them which helped Yuji and Megumi to calm down a bit.

"Actually I looked for the remaining black rope with Miguel in Africa." Yuta senpai chimed in.

"Oh, that's why you went overseas, huh?" I asked and he nodded his head at me.

"Yes, but it was a fruitless effort." Senpai sighed in response.

"But there is a way, right?" Yuki asked, looking back at Tengen.

"Yes. Among the players participating in the Culling Game is a sorcerer from a thousand years ago who calls herself an angel. Her cursed technique can extinguish any cursed technique." He replied.

"She can extinguish cursed techniques?" Megumi asked in surprise.

"Yes. The angel's cursed technique can open the back of the prison realm."

"Do you know where she is now?" I asked in a hopeful tone.

"The colony in the east side of Tokyo... The game barriers reject me, so I don't have any more information. I will begin my explanation there. There are 10 colonies around Japan. They are connected by barriers that form a line that sends humans in Japan to the other side."

"So this would end up like this...?" Yuji asked, imagining the scenario.

"Is Hokkaido not included because of the Jujutsu society's barrier?" I asked.

"Correct. It has already been established as a vast sacred area." Tengen replied.

"Well, that's the rugged lands for you..." Yuji commented.

"Conveyance to the other side may sound exaggerated... but a curse fell on everyone in Japan as preparation for a merger." Tengen added.

"How long will it take to complete the ritual?" Megumi asked.

"That depends on the game, but two months should suffice." Tengen replied before he started to show us the 8 rules of the Culling Game.

Rule No.1: Players must declare their participation at any given barrier within 19 days after awakening a cursed technique.

Rule No.2: Players who break the first rule could have their cursed technique removed.

"Right now it's 9:00 AM on November 9." Maki Senpai pointed out.

"The player sorcerers awakened at about midnight on October 31." Yuta Senpai added.

"So Tsumiki has roughly 10 days and 15 hours to declare her participation... Master Tengen, you said that refusing to participate results in death." I stated.

"That's correct." Tengen responded back, nodding his head at me and that's when I started to recall something that Shoko sensei told me and Maki senpai earlier today on the phone.

"Cursed technique removal? That rule also applies to sorcerers who join in, right? I think that suggests removal isn't achieved through idle transfiguration. It's not proscription, but removal, so there is no binding vow, which means something happens to your brain. And I think that means you die. Otherwise, everyone would refuse to participate."

"Shoko was right, but that means sorcerers like me who don't have a cursed technique aren't at risk. What about Panda? Does he even have a brain?" Maki senpai asked.

Rule No.3: Non-players who enter the barrier become players and are considered to have declared their participation.

"So what about the civilians who are already inside a barrier?" Yuji asked.

"They will be given at least one chance to exit." Tengen replied.

"For real? How generous." Yuta Senpai stated sarcastically.

"There is no rule about entering or existing colonies. From the start, players receive the clear objective of exiting the barriers. I suppose that is for stimulating the game. In order to confine the players the premise that they entered of their own free will is important." Tengen explained.

"So that's the increase or decrease of barrier effectiveness that Ino mentioned." Yuji concluded.

Rule No.4: Points are scored by killing other players.

Rule No.5: Points are determined by the game master, with sorcerers worth five points and non-sorcerers one point.

"As a general rule seems a bit vague, no? Fushiguro?" Yuji asked, furrowing his eyebrows a bit.

"It's nothing. What about this game master?" Megumi asked, looking back at Tengen.

"Each player will receive a shikigami called a kogane. But a kogane is less game master than the interface. You may think of the game master as the Culling Game's program." Tengen replied.

Rule No.6: Players may spend 100 points (excluding the value of their own life) with the game master to add one new rule.

"Add? We can't subtract rules that already exist? But maybe there are roundabout ways to counteract rules." I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest.

Rule No.7: The game master must accept any new rule except those that have a considerable and prolonged effect on the game.

"Is that fair?" Choso asked.

"Yeah. That gives the game master a lot of leeway." Maki senpai replied.

"Actually you may expect an equitable decision. The players are subject to strict rules. Sorcery-wise, Kenjaku is due no further bias." Tengen explained.

Rule No.8: Players could have their cursed technique removed if their score stays the same for 19 days.

"I have to... kill people again..." Yuji muttered in a disappointed tone.

"No. I have a few ideas." Megumi countered back, reassuring the pink-haired boy.

"Well, that's the info we've got. Now we each have a role to play." Maki senpai stated before looking over at us. "Yuki and Choso will remain here to guard Master Tengen. I'll return to the Zenin clan and collect cursed tools. Soon after Satoru was sealed, the Kamo and Zenin clans cleaned out Jujutsu High's cursed warehouse. But Megumi is now the Zenin clan's leader. Thanks to that, it's possible to search the Zenin warehouse at length. But first... Master Tengen...?"

Maki senpai then looked back at Tengen who nodded his head at her.

"Understood. Juzo Kumiya's workshop, right?" he asked.

"It would be appreciated." She replied before looking back at us. "Afterward, I will find Panda and help address the game. And you, Yuta?"

"I'm going to enter a colony right away to take part in the game. Before Tsumiki, Nana, Fushiguro, and the others participate, I want to gather information." Yuta senpai replied, causing Megumi to give him a grateful look.

"Thanks..." Megumi muttered softly to the Okkotsu boy.

"I will avoid nearby colonies so we don't end up killing each other and just in case something happens to Tsumiki. Barriers may block phone reception, so we may be out of touch for a while." Yuta senpai added before he and Yuji went into deep thought about how to keep Megumi safe from Sukuna.

They were thinking about how it would be safer for Megumi if Yuta Senpai were near Yuji, but it would be more efficient strategically for Senpai to operate alone.

"Don't think about it!" Megumi snapped and smacked Yuji on the back of the head in annoyance. "I'll be fine! If that happens and I die, just have him kill you."

"The point is to not let that happen, right?" Yuji asked worriedly, rubbing the back of his head.

"Senpai..." I then called out to Maki senpai, looking back at her.

"Yeah. You guys go to Kinji as planned." She instructed us.

"Kinji?" Yuji asked in confusion.

"Kinji Hakari, a suspended third year." Yuta Senpai replied.

"Anyway we are shorthanded, so we got a rope in whoever we can." Maki senpai pointed out.

"Is that guy tough?" Yuji asked and Yuta senpai nodded his head at him.

"Well he's moody, but when he gets worked up he's stronger than I am." Yuta senpai stated and I scoffed at him.

"That's not true." I stated to which Yuta senpai simply smile at me in response.

After our discussion came to an end, we got ready and decided to leave the place with Choso, Yuki, and Tengen obviously staying behind. As we were making our way out of the exit, Yuji turned around to look back at Choso one last time and smiled at the boy.

"Choso. Thanks. I appreciate it." Yuji stated, bidding his farewell and Choso smiled back at him in response.

"Don't die, okay?" Choso responded to which Yuji simply waved his hand at him and we finally walked out from there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 293 25
He hugged me from behind "You make loving me seem easy, Y/N" his voice a mere whisper. "Let go, Gumi" my voice faltered. Their marriage wasn't out of...
777K 22.1K 54
Book 1 of ใ€Then There Was Youใ€‘ ใ€ŽGojo Satoru was a man that brimmed of confidence, he knew he was the most powerful Jujutsu Sorcerer and nothing could...
40K 1.3K 13
"What makes you think I'll take you in?" "I'm not asking for you take me in...it's for her. She's the one that has a powerful curse technique. Could...
77.1K 4.4K 55
โ๐‘ฏ๐’† ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ, ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’ ๐’๐’๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’†๐’…โž It was the question he'd wanted to ask for nearly a decade...