Chapter 19: Gojo Sensei & Hokkaido

Nana's POV (A day in Hokkaido)

It was just after the maid cafe incident that I was appointed to go on a mission in Hokkaido all on my own. Usually, they would send us 1st years to the missions as a group, but this time around it was different. It was only me and no one else.

Or that was what I thought it would be.

"Nana-chan~, let's do a Hokkaido quiz!" Gojo sensei's cute yet obnoxious voice spoke from beside me as we both walked down the busy street of Hokkaido.

"Do that alone please." I stated in a bored-monotone voice, my eyebrows twitching in annoyance.

Why was he here again? Wasn't this supposed to be my solo mission? Not to mention my very first solo mission?!

Last night, I arrived at Hokkaido from Tokyo with peace in my mind that I would be completing this solo mission diligently all by myself, without any disruption. I didn't know what happened but the first thing I came face to face with after waking up this morning and walking out of my hotel room was this 28-year-old eccentric sensei of mine named Satoru Gojo.

"Okay! First question! What is the famous confectionery of my favorite Hokkaido sweet, Sanpo Roku?" he asked.

"This isn't a quiz." I deadpanned at him.

"Then let's do a baked potato with butter game!" he sang out in his usual cheery, loud tone which contrasted with my quiet, bored tone. "The person who loves baked potato with butter the most wins... and I won!! I'm the second man in Japan who loves baked potato with butter!"

"Who's the first?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Matsuyama Chiharu (Japanese folk singer and songwriter)..." he replied, now in a serious deep tone.

"You lie more than you breathe, don't you?" I grumbled out, narrowing my eyes at him.

"It reduces carbon dioxide..." Sensei grinned at me innocently, looking all amused at the same time. "It will completely solve global warming!"

To me, Gojo sensei's obsession with global warming was such a random but hilarious character trait though, to be honest.

"The carbon dioxide from my sighs makes it even..." I responded back before letting out a heavy sigh as we stopped walking for a moment, halting in our spots and I turned to look over at him, my arms crossing over my chest. "I came all the way to Hokkaido for a solo mission. What's sad is that my idiotic sensei has followed me all the way."

"It's fine! This is like a reality TV show." he tried to cheer me up.

"Where in the world does a boring reality show like this exists?" I scoffed, but sensei ignored me and pulled out his map.

"The townscape of Sapporo is near the fountain." he pointed out in a thoughtful voice. "Although this map doesn't cover everything. It's easy to set up a route to tour around the spots."

"What even is that map?" I asked skeptically.

"Oi, oi, Nana-chan, oi, oi, oi, oiiii~" Sensei started to wave his map in front of my face.

"That's very annoying!" I snapped, swatting his hands away.

"Get ahold of yourself, Nana-chan! What other map is there other than Satoru Gojo's sweet map?" he asked and I scoffed at him again.

"As I said, please do that alone..." I replied.

"It's not worth trying to be sensei-like around you, huh?" he questioned, letting out a disheartened heavy sigh.

"Unlike my friends, I respect you, sensei, but even so... The way you act and behave, sometimes I feel like you're not worthy of getting a sensei-like respect." I pointed out, causing him to pout at me like a child. "Why did you even come anyway? This case doesn't require two sorcerers. Not to mention-"