Billionaires Don't Fall in Lo...

By badbitchblues

When Athena and Tobias' family arranged for the two to get married, nothing but hell broke loose. They knew n... More

Billionaires Don't Fall in Love: Prolouge
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
Billionaires Don't Fall in Love: Epilouge

EIGHTEEN

7.2K 323 93
By badbitchblues

The beautiful girl ran in front of me through the field of sunflowers. Her beautiful curls bounced as she laughed. That beautiful laugh sounded like a song.

Who was this beautiful girl? She had a long tattoo trailing down her back. I squinted trying to make out the words but she turned towards me. She grabbed me and pulled me closer.

"Athena." I smiled.

"Tobias. You caught me." She slightly grazed my face. "Those eyes."

She looked perfect, heaven-sent. The sun hit her perfectly, illuminating her body. Her curls were like a crown that moved freely.

"You have to catch me now." I smiled before turning around to run.

I began sprinting down the field. I stopped in my tracks turning back. Athena stood with a frown. The skies turned grey and water began to pour.

"Athena?"

"Tobias."

"Athena chase me."

"Tobias you don't appreciate me."

"I do Athena, I do."

"Then come get me."

I tried to run back towards her but my feet were stuck. I reached out for her hand but she broke down crying.

"Athena!"

"Excuse me?" I heard a voice shriek.

I quickly woke up while looking around. Lauren sat up while crossing her arms. Shit.

"Why the fuck are you yelling Athena's name?"

"I didn't."

"You did. Why are you dreaming about her?" She cut on the lamp. "Tobias, what's going on between you two? If you're cheating-"

"I'm not cheating on you Lauren. I didn't say her name, turn around and go back to sleep."

She nodded before placing a kiss on my cheek. She cut the light back off and tucked under the covers. I shook my head while staring at the wall.

I waited a couple of minutes before getting out of bed. I walked towards Athena's room and picked up the shredded journal pieces. I grabbed a bag before heading downstairs to pick up the remaining piece. I placed them in a bag and sat on the island.

~

"Tobias." Kaleb tapped me.

I woke up while shaking my head.

"Long night?" He questioned.

"Shit. I fell asleep." I sighed.

"You fixed her journal?"

"I tried my best." I looked down. "The pieces are intact but it's not the same. I know how much it means to her so hopefully, she'll still want it."

"That was nice of you."

"Is she here?"

"She texted me this morning. She stayed with Valeria last night."

"Good morning." Lauren yawned while walking in. "Croissant, lightly toasted with only egg whites on top and a drizzle of sriracha. Also, absolutely no
butter on my croissant and try to make the plate look clean. Make sure there are no eggshells as well."

"Coming right up." Kaleb sighed.

"You could be a little nicer to my chef. He's a friend."

"Also, I want the coffee imported from Columbia with no sugar and a dash of creamer."

"I have no coffee from Columbia."

"Then what was Athena drinking?"

"That's her coffee."

"So make it mine."

Kaleb looked at me and sighed.

"Please?"

"Actually scratch that. I've been invited to brunch with my mother. For dinner can we do lobster?" Lauren mumbled while looking at her phone. "Ciao baby. I'll be home later."

She walked out of the kitchen.

"I think I've outgrown her Kaleb." I sighed.

"You think?"

"But I love her. She was there at the start of my winery. She encouraged me and I can't let her go."

"You can't feel guilty about letting her go. When she's not acting like a good person, she needs to know." Kaleb sighed while pulling out a pan.

"I know. But it's years with her. She's just a little tense because of this arrangement, when it ends she'll be back to normal."

"Because of the arrangement?"

"Good morning. I left me-" Athena walked in but stopped when she saw me. "Never mind."

"Athena wait." I quickly stood up. "I fixed your journal."

She slowly grabbed it and began examining it.

"I taped it back together, I know it's not the same but-"

"It's not." She grabbed it before walking out of the kitchen.

"I fixed it. I thought that would've cheered her up."

"Fixing it doesn't fix things. You embarrassed her and she's uneasy about you. It's going to take a lot for you to make it up to her."

"How can I?"

"For starters, formally apologize to her. Athena's stubborn so she might not accept it. But next time Lauren tries to humiliate her, and there will be a next time, correct Lauren."

"But the thing is, I know Lauren was in the wrong and I know how how much the journal meant. Athena got so mad, I'd never seen her that mad before and it scared me. I just didn't want any conflict."

"Tell her that."

I nodded while walking outside the kitchen. Athena was sitting on the couch. She carefully flipped through the fashion book.

"Athena."

She stood up heading towards the stairs. I quickly blocked her.

"Tobias just let me go to my room."

"I'm sorry Athena. I truly am."

"Quite frankly, Tobias. I could care less about your apology."

"I'm being genuine."

"That's hard for me to believe."

"What are you trying to say? I'm always genuine with you?"

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Athena, I'm always genuine and there for you."

"No Tobias, you're hot then you cold. You sit and act as you care about me and you comfort me but you go and embarrass in front of your bitch of a girlfriend."

"Because she's my girlfriend. I owe more loyalty to her than I do to you. I don't know why you have this idea that we ate something more."

"Because you unexplainably kiss me! You pick me up at beaches and twirl me around. You pour your feelings out about how much care for me then next thing you know, you let Lauren bully me."

"Because this is an arrangement, Athena. I care for you, but when this ends, I go back to her."

"Then leave me alone Tobias. Stop kissing me, stop caring for me, stop comforting, just pretend like I don't exist."

"We can't go back to the old ways, Athena."

"I'd rather do that than continue to let you fool me."

"I'm not fooling you. I care about you, Athena. A lot."

"Then prove it!" She yelled. "Prove that you care about me. Show me that you care about me."

She had a look of hurt in her eyes. I stood in my place while searching for an answer. Truth be, I was scared.

Athena deserved everything. I knew I wouldn't be the one to give it to her. But God, how much I'm falling for her. It hurts. I don't want her to walk away. I care for her, more than care for myself. I didn't want to be another man in her life to hurt her. But while trying to avoid doing that, I ended up doing it.

"I rest my case." She mumbled before walking up the stairs.

~

"You fucked up bro." Jacob shook his head while sipping his whiskey.

"I know."

"You know. We all don't like Lauren, that's why when we thought you and Athena were actually getting married, we were here for it."

"We are actually getting married."

"That's not the point Jacob." Oliver shook his head.

"What's the point then?"

"Tobias loves Lauren. I don't know why, but he does. Why screw that up with something that's a PR stunt. Remember how your manager made you date Kelsey Mande?"

"Small world, that's Athena's best friend, who I think hates me," I said.

"Very small word. But yes Oliver, I remember that."

"It wasn't real. After the contract ended, y'all tried to date, but it didn't work out."

"But it's clear that Tobias cares for her. Come on now. He does things for her that he never does for Lauren."

"Does he?"

They both turned to me.

"What do I do for Athena that I don't do for Lauren?"

"First, you let us meet her." Oliver said.

"Pr stunt."

"You took her to business meetings. You never did that with Lauren." Jacob said.

"Pr stunt."

"Ah! You smoked weed with her! Tobias doesn't smoke at all." Oliver said.

"I was stressed."

"Bro." Jacob rubbed his head. "You are Tobias Landon. Anything that you don't want to do, you wouldn't do it."

"Right." Oliver nodded.

"So be honest."

Jacob paused before staring at me.

"Do you like Athena?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 7.4K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...
208K 13K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
9.5M 308K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
239K 14.5K 44
Adam is a billionaire, but he is also secretly a billionaire. Did I mention he's a billionaire? Also he's hiding a dark secret. And then there's Kie...