Yellow Lights

By SilentDreams16

A beta with anger issues and the youngest Martin sister with extraordinary abilities. Life in Beacon Hills is... More

Cast
Mood Boards
Prologue part 1 Magic and the first encounter with a werewolf
The Summer Before Freshamn Year
Dead Birds and An Alpha Pack
I Still Don't Like him
Werewolfs On The Loose
Catching Werewolves
Cross-Country And Twin Alphas
Maybe This Was A Bad Idea
I Hate Motels
They Crossed The Line, Again
What Are We Even Doing?
The English Teacher Is The Darach And Hospital Visit's
Hospital Fights And Meeting Scott's Father
Finding The Nemeton
The Lunar Eclipse
Authors note!
Those Three Are Falling Apart And The Coyote Isn't A Coyote
More Bad Than Good
Galvanize
Illuminated/ Silverfinger
Riddled/ Letharia Vulpina

Prologue part 2: The Bite

575 15 4
By SilentDreams16

"Should we really be out here?" I asked Taylor.

"We'll be fine, besides I have training."

"Training?" I asked looking at her confused.

"I'll explain later. Now come on," she giggled grabbing my hand and pulling me with her.

We arrived at a more secluded area in the woods when she turned to me. "Promise you won't think any differently of me once I tell you."

"I promise." I nodded to her as we took a seat.

"My family the Argents, they're a family of hunters. Like supernatural hunters, they hunt werewolves. And they've done so for a very long time, they sent me away a few years ago to France to live with my grandfather. Taught me everything I know, but I don't, I don't want to hunt people down. I mean they're still people, but Gerard didn't agree."

"Werewolf hunters?" I asked looking at her.

"I promise I'm not making it up, and I'm not crazy."

"No, no I don't think you're making it up or that you're crazy. I believe you. It just, do you guys hunt anything else?"

"No. It's just werewolf's. Why?"

"Because I'm a witch. I have magic, just like my older sister Rory."

"No way."

"Holy crap you're serious, that's so cool!" She giggled.

"But you can't tell anyone okay? Promise me."

"I promise. I'll never tell another soul." She nodded.

Both of our attention was shifted when we heard rustling in the trees.

"Please tell me you have something to help us if we need it." I said as we both spun around looking.

"Unfortunately no I don't. I don't just carry guns around with me."

"Okay. If you see it let me know, I'll do my best."

"Right, right." She muttered as our backs were pressed together after a few seconds she spoke. "On your right."

I missed it by a few inches, as we kept looking around. I finally saw it and I hit it, knocking it flying a few feet from us.

"Holy fuck you hit it." Taylor said before she began walking towards it.

"Taylor come on, maybe we shouldn't go near it. Let's just get out of here while it's still down."

She ignored me and walked closer to it until she was right next to it. "Come look at it Bella."

"I don't think we should be that close to it, it's not dead probably just stunned. We should go," I tried to reason with her but it was no use.

Then it happened so fast I couldn't even track it, it jumped up and launched itself at Taylor. It's teeth sinking into her ribs, before it zeroed in on me. I felt it's teeth gos into my shoulder, before it ran off.

"Taylor, what the hell just happened?"

"It's an alpha, and if the bite doesn't kill us we'll become beta werewolves."

"Oh shit."

"Oh shit is right. My family if they find out, if they know.."

"Taylor look at me. We're going to figure this out okay? I'm going to keep you safe, your family will not find out. There might be someone who can help us."

"Who?"

"Derek Hale. An old friend of mine told me if Derek ever came back to Beacon Hills he could help me. So we're going to find Derek, before the next full moon."

"That gives us two weeks."

"That's plenty of time."

It took about a week to track down Derek.

"You know most people run from me and this house." He gestured to the burnt remains of the Hale house.

"I need help. The Alpha bit my friend and I," I told him. "And with the full moon approaching. Satomi gave you to me by name."

I watched his body language shift as I mentioned her. "Then you already know who I am. Seems you have an unfair advantage."

"I'm Bella Martin, my friend is Taylor Argent."

"An Argent?"

"You don't get to turn her away because of her family, that's not fair. She hasn't done anything wrong, she doesn't want to be like them."

"And what if I tell you, that I won't help her?"

"I'll kick your ass until you agree."

"There's no way you could....."

"What was that? I didn't quite hear you."

"Yeah okay. I'll teach both of you." He groaned before he managed to stand up.

"Do we meet here?"

"No. Do you know where the abandoned rail station is?"

"Yeah. I do."

"Good. Both of you meet me there, right after you two get out of school."

"Alright see you then." With that I turned around and left.

On the way back I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Taylor.

"Hey what's up?" She asked as she answered.

"We're all set for next week. We go after school, so tell your parents you're staying at mine."

"Alright cool. That works for me."

Soon enough the day of the full moon arrived, by the time school school was out I felt like my head was going to split open and I was one look away from punching someone in the face.

"Okay let's get you two out of here, now." Destiny said as she directed us away from the building and down the street.

By the time we reached the rail station Taylor was struggling to contain her anger.

"Des I got it from here. We'll meet you at my house in the morning."

"Alright, call me when you two make it there."

"It's about time you two got here."

"Yeah well we're 14 we don't drive." I snapped at him. 

"Obviously. The control shouldn't be as hard for you, with you having trained with Satomi for a few years on controlling your magic. Control for a werewolf and a witch are very similar, you might struggle a little under the moons influence but you shouldn't have too much problem as long as you have an anchor."

"Okay. I have an anchor, and it's worked for me so far."

"Good hold onto that and hold on tight."

"Hold up what in the hell are those?" Taylor asked pointing at the shackles.

"To keep you two from tearing each other apart and killing anyone else."

"Oh that makes sense."

"Now listen to me Taylor you need to find an anchor something to keep you human, keep you grounded. For me it's anger, but it can be anything as long as it's important enough."

"Something important." She repeated as Derek began chaining us up.

It didn't take long for the effects of the full moon to begin to effect both of us. A growl easily slid from my throat as I pulled harshly on the chains.

"Remember your anchor, Bella." He told me.

"The sun, the moon, the truth." I muttered quietly to myself over and over until I felt in more control of myself.

A loud growl ripped through the abandoned train car. My head whipped around to look at Taylor.

"You have to breathe, it's not going to be easy, but it doesn't have to be that hard." Derek told her. "Find an anchor and hold on tight."

I watched her pull at the restraints. "Anchor yourself Taylor." I told her making her whip her head around towards me. "Think about Allison."

It took awhile but she managed to regain control. Once the effect of the full moon had almost worn off Derek unchained us.

"Come on. I'll give you two a ride home."

"You can drop both of us off at my place." I told him.

I sent Destiny a text as soon as we were in the warm of my house.

"Let's sleep."

"Agreed."

Full moons got progressively easier with Derek's help. It didn't take long before we had control over our shift.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 116 21
She had always heard the rumors about Beacon Hills, but she never knew they were true..
1K 14 15
Stiles and Allison Argent just moved to Beacon Hills with their family from New York for a new start again, they both take making new friends easier...
4.3K 118 18
Beacon Hills is a town of mystery. I lived in Beacon Hills for as long as I remember, and lots of very strange things happen. Like the lizard-man or...
the beta By Lena

Fanfiction

2.2K 55 30
Avengers x tw Y/n just moved to Beacon Hills with her sister and her parents and likes the place immediately but when she meets a boy in the forest e...