The Daughter Of the Moon

By Hellosweetie12

This is the story of the High Priestess of Egypt, who was murdered in cold blood. left to die alone with a br... More

The Beginning
The Librarian and the Cartographer
The Discovery
Departing On a Journey
Five Camels
Juicy Mummies and Cursed Objects
The Dreams and the Awakening
The Curse of All Curses
Finally Free
Run or Stay?
Their Story
Dreams and Memories
The Sun and The Moon
Taken
This was My first Plane Ride
Stopping the Ritual

Saving the Prisoner

2.4K 55 0
By Hellosweetie12

Rosie was quick to react to that question, glaring at him hard. "Broads?" she asked back all the while Evy looked flabbergasted, "well I never!!". 

Jonathan casually smiled and patted their backs, "Oh no they are actually my sisters!". The scraggly-looking man looked unamused and kept looking at Rosie and Evelyn. but then he seemed to stop when he saw Rosie and finally looked at her properly. Rosie looked back at him and then her gaze finally broke and she looked away. 

"Well they aren't a total loss..." he muttered. The warden then excused himself to tend to some other matter. Leaving them all alone with the prisoner and his guards. Rosie was standing there looking at him with a curious gaze. He looked somewhat familiar to her but she could not be sure. Maybe she was just seeing things. The prisoner on the other hand fully knew who she was, he couldn't forget about a woman like her. But just because he was bored as hell he decided to play as he had never seen her before. He wanted to see if she had forgotten about him or simply decided to be a jerk about it and ignore him. Rosie huffed and walked closer to the bars, crouching down to get eye level with him. 

"Look we found your puzzle box and we have come here to ask you about it so could you please-" She was cut off by the prisoner. 

"No". he said and looked at her with a straight face. 

Evy put her hands on her hips and grumbled. "What do you mean no?" she said and then crossed her arms.

 "No...because you came to ask me about Hamunaptra". 

Rosie put her hands on the bars, "look buddy, keep it down. We don't want anyone hearing that". Evy moved near Rosie and looked at the prisoner coyly.

 "How do you know that the box pertains to Hamunaptra?" Her getting closer caused Rosie to scoot over slightly and give her sister a look for getting so close. 

"Um cuz I was there? And that's where I found it". He said and watched the two sisters crouch near him, one drenched in curiosity and the other annoyed by his attitude. 

"You were there? That's hilarious there is no way anyone could get there! My team tried and it was no good. We had to leave halfway through the bloody expedition," Rosie said and grumbled when her words fell on deaf ears. The prisoner then caught a good look at Jonathan and did a double-take. 

"Wait a minute...do I know you?" he pointed at john. John sputtered, putting his hands in his pockets nervously, "well you see uhm-" suddenly the Prisoner stood up, reached through the bars, and punched John straight in the face! Johnathan was out like a light, hitting the floor with a thud.

Rosie checked on him and looked at the welt on her brother's face. She sighed and shook her head. All the while the guards smacked the prisoner on the head hard causing him to get on his knees. He grunted and gave them a nasty look. Evy paid no mind to this and kept talking to the man who just hit her brother. 

"So you really know how to get there? To Hamunaptra?" she asked. The man looked a bit shocked at her reaction, "you know I just decked your brother right?" he asked and raised his right eyebrow. Evy shook her head and shrugged it off, "ah well...I know my brother..." That made him almost smile but he didn't. Not wanting to give away his dry attitude. He caved in a bit by the spark he saw in Evy. 

"Yeah, I was there". Evy smiled and got closer to the bars, "you swear?".  

"every damn day". The tension between the two was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. It made Rosie want to puke. She made a face and looked away, checking on Jonathan. 

"No I mean uh-" He cut her off, "I know what you mean. I was there, alright. Seti's place. The city of the Dead". Just the name of the place gave Rosie chills. Ever since she learned about it she had never liked it. It gave her a bad feeling in her gut. She had wanted to talk Evy out of this and just go back to normal things but seeing how excited this made her sister made her feel bad for wanting to stop this. So she went along to get the answers they needed from this guy. She looked at the two conversing about the City of the Dead and looked into his eyes. They were a beautiful shade of blue that she swore she had seen before. It was foggy but maybe she met the guy before. She sighed inwardly and decided to save it for another day.

The next thing she saw was the prisoner grabbing Evy through the bars and kissing her. "Then get me the hell out of here!" he yelled and was grabbed by the guards, he fought them and punched a few in the gut before he was hit and dragged out of the door. Evy stayed there stunned and her cheeks grew red from embarrassment. Jonathan finally came to but was quietly rubbing his new bump on his face. Rosie stood up and looked at the Warden who had just stepped in. 

"Where are they taking him?" she asked and he smiled, showing off his rotten teeth. 

"Ah well, he is to be hanged" Evy stood up and looked shocked. Their only way to Hamunaptra was to be killed! 

"Apparently he had a very good time," he said in a light tone and then laughed. Walking out of the visitor's area with the three siblings in tow. Evy squeezed through and walked next to the warden. 

"There are no women allowed here," He said. Evy scoffed at his words. 

"I am an English woman," she said and Rosie made a face. That made no sense at all but it was enough for the warden to let them stay. Evy looked nervous and clutched her purse, watching as they led the prisoner to a large deck and put a noose around his neck. There were dozens of men cheering as they prepared to hang him. Rosie poked Evy and whispered in her ear "Barter with him- do it!" she nudged her closer and she stumbled a bit, finally finding her words. 

"I... I will give you one hundred pounds to spare his life." she said and the warden chuckled "I would pay one hundred pounds just to see him hang!" he said and yelled at the hangman to proceed. "Two hundred pounds..." she added and he ignored her. "Three hundred!" she added again, not a glance her way.

The Hangman tightened the noose and grinned "any last words pig?" he asked, and Rick winced and replied "yeah loosen the knot and let me go" he grunted and looked very uncomfortable. The hangman looked confused and looked to the warden. Speaking in Arabic, the Warden and the hangman yell at each other. 

He then spoke in English "Of course, we do not let him go! Proceed!" he said and the hangman shrugged and grabbed the lever to the trap door. Evy looked scared "Five Hundred pounds!" she yelled and this caught the warden's attention. 

"And what else? I am a very lonely man." he trailed a meaty hand to Evy's leg and she smacked it with her purse. Causing all of the men to laugh. This made the Warden angry and he pulled away, calling for them to kill him. 

"No!" Evy yelled and they pulled the lever. Rosie closed her eyes not wanting to see him die. But then she heard a choir of cheers. 

"Ah! His neck did not break! Now we can watch him strangle to death!" he said like it was some sort of treat to watch. It made Rosie sick. Evy was horrified and then caved in. Rosie watched her lean into him and whisper in his ear. Rosie knew what she might have said and crossed her arms. The warden looked shocked. 

"You Lie!" She looked truly offended, "I would never!" she replied and looked to the prisoner occasionally in fear he might die.

 "Are you saying this Filthy godless son of a pig knows where to find The City of the Dead?" he asked and Evy nodded. 

"Yes Yes! And we will give you ten percent if you cut him down!!" she said and he scoffed "fifty percent." he shot back. They argued and then finally came to an agreement.

They cut the prisoner down just before he started to turn purple. Evy sighed in relief and watched him take hard deep breaths and coughing hard. She felt accomplished and proud of herself that she actually saved a man's life. All The poor prisoner could see was Evy Smiling down at him and waving. He groaned and turned over, catching his breath. All the while Rosie watched, glad that he actually did not die. The following hours consisted of them getting escorted out of the prison, Evy talked to the prisoner, learning that his name was Rick O'Connell. They made plans to meet the next day and both parted ways for the night.

While Rosie and her siblings prepared for the trip ahead there was a secret meeting being held at the dear Curators library. The fire flickering shadows across the room. The Curator sat in his study with another man clad in black, wearing a hook for a hand accompanied by two others in similar attire. Both looked incredibly stressed as they sat there. 

"They have to die.." The Curator spoke up. Hook shrugged and said, "They are like the others, they will perish in the desert". The curator shook his head, "No! They have seen too much! They know too much!" he had fear in his eyes as he stood up, pacing the room. 

"Not only do they have the map, but they also have the Key-" Hook looked up in alarm at that piece of information. "What!? They have the Lost key!?" The Curator nodded gravely. 

"Yes... no one has ever gotten this close. We must stop them before they kill us all". he said as he looked into the flames. 

"It will be done, we will find them and retrieve the key, burn the map..but what about the American Expedition?" Hook asked. The Curator rolled his eyes at the mention of them. 

"They do not have a map so they will end up like the others before them". With that, the group also prepared for the next day and what might lie ahead. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 245 8
Elizabeth Carnahan is returning for yet another adventure to fight a force trying to tear her family and love apart, but what will she choose, her fa...
74.9K 1.7K 22
My own personal version of The Mummy... all the characters will be the same plus my o.c .... enjoy (:
14.8K 766 12
Ray Jones had a pretty shit life, she wanted adventure and love but she got a dead end job and struggling to pay basic bills. she justed wished for a...
35.5K 1.1K 47
~Completed~ Leaving home had been easy. Finding herself in the deserts of Egypt, not so much. Follow Margaret Henderson as she tries to help save her...