I Still Do

By GOGYWHIP4000

Wilbur had it hard. He went from 18, to 25. Seven years without the love of his life with him, who lays in a... More

Introductions!
Prologue๏ฟผ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
A/N

Chapter 12

855 47 29
By GOGYWHIP4000

(Dusk Till Dawn By Zayn And Sia)

Daytona's Pov

I smiled as I looked up at the ceiling of the hospital room. It's been a week. Everyone has come by and seen me. Well not everyone. The one person that I have been waiting for, wanting to see, hasn't been here.

I don't understand why he was so intriguing to me. He had my mind captivated. Like I was locked away, pulled into a trance of some sorts.

On a happier note. I started physical therapy! I can walk on my own. Sometimes I need a little bit of help, but I can get to the bathroom and back into my bed without any problems. One of the goals I had for this week was to be able to walk on my own. Now I'm happy that I can.

There were three soft knocks that sounded out on my hospital door. The number three holds such significance and I have no idea why. I feel like something is screaming in my face to open my eyes, but I can't.

I feel like my eyes are being forced shut. I'm being forced into the darkness of not knowing a single thing.

"Come in..." I called out softly, masking my face with a smile.

The door stayed closed, and I started to think that the person left, but it opened. Once it opened, all of my worries washed away. It was confusing. It was really confusing how I could be so upset and one person I have no memory of could fix it all.

"Hello." He said softly as he sat down next to me on the chair.

I moved closer to him. He felt like an emotion that I just can't quite put into words. He felt like warmth, the friendliness was there. He looked hurt, but it didn't matter how hurt he looked, he still showed kindness to me.

"Hello mystery man." I smiled at him, and he chuckled.

The breath I was taking was ripped right from me when he laughed. I've never heard something quite as magical as that. It seemed anything didn't matter anymore. It was just him and I, living in this moment. No words needed to be spoken, the silence was comforting.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, cutting my thoughts short.

"Good! I can get up on my own now. I start therapy tomorrow, I started physical therapy a week ago. I'm doing great, I honestly can't wait to get out of here though. I'm tired of being in this room, and I've only been in it for a week- Sorry I'm rambling." I quieted down.

One thing that has happened that nobody understood why I did it now, I talked my fuckign head off. I couldn't stop. It was like, my mind has been asleep for so many years and I just can't keep track of all of my thoughts. Everything was like a puzzle now.

"One thing I wish you remembered is that I don't care when you ramble. I like hearing you talk." His accent was thick, and it sent shivers down my spine.

The butterflies- the entre fucking zoo was in my stomach.

"I like your necklace." I sat up and went towards him.

He flinched back and I stayed still, not wanting to scare him.

"Sorry." He muttered before he came closer to me.

I smiled and picked up my hand before grabbing the small wrench softly. It was pretty, I don't know how he had found something so perfect. It looks old though, but that added to its character charts.
I smiled at him before letting go of the necklace and leaning back into the bed.

"It's pretty." I said, with a smile still on my face.

"It's very pretty. But the meaning behind it is even better." He moved the chair closer to the bed and I sat back up.

I crossed my legs the best i could, he held his hand on my lower back, making sure that i didn't hurt myself. He didn't try to help, he was there if I needed it. But it was like he knew that I wanted to do this all by myself.

I wanted to fight my way against the odds. It's like he knew exactly how I worked, how my mind thought.

"Thank you." I spoke softly, and he nodded.

"You look so different." He mumbled, moving hair behind my ear.

I let him. I let him touch my hair, grab my hand. It was like he didn't believe that I was real. Sometimes I didn't believe that I was real. I was in a coma for seven years. I'm twenty four now. My life changed all in one hour, and now it's seven years later?

"I'm sure you look different now as well." I said quietly, scared that I could ruin this good moment that I have going for me.

"The hair got a little longer, and I've gotten taller."

"How tall were you when I knew you?"

"Six one."

"How tall are you now?" I asked as he smiled at me.

"Six five."

"Jesus. What have you been eating?"

He let out the most pure, raw emotion laugh that I have ever heard. It made me want to laugh, it made me want to scream.

"How old were we when we met?"

He seemed to be the only person that I was comfortable with. I never asked any questions to anyone besides him. He was the only person I was comfortable with right now. And i didnt know whether to love it, or be completely and utterly terrified.

"I was eighteen and you were seventeen."

The way he spoke to me. It was a tone that I have never heard in my entire life. It was so gentle yet, it wasn't him walking on eggshells around me.

"How did we meet?" I asked excitedly.

I wanted to hear this story, I wanted to see if I could relive the moment, because I knew it had to have been magical. There had to have been so many good things that had happened in the moment I met him. I know that because there are so many moments right now, where I'm actually having a conversation with him and I'm feeling all these magical feelings.

"You ran into me at college-"

"I went to college? I never wanted to go to college- wait. If I was seventeen, how was I in college?" I asked, my head tilting to the side.

Now this was just confusing to the max.

"Looks like I'm going to have to go through this again." He mumbled, taking his hand away from mine.

The second his touch left, I felt cold. Not just my body, but my mind ran cold. Everything was frozen.

"In the UK we have different school levels. Primary school, which is your elementary school, Secondary school, which is your highschool, and we have college, which is our highschool."

"So, I went to college?"

"Yes you did. We met- you ran into me." He smiled almost as if he was reliving the memory.

"How did I run into you?"

"You literally ran into me. Knocked all of my books out of my hands."

"That sounds like something that I would do. Was it on purpose?"

"I hope it wasn't! That would've been horrible."

He chuckled and I smiled again.

This is the most I've smiled all week. He brought out the best of me, and I think anyone and everyone could see that.

"Daytona! Ready to get up and walk- oh you have company!" The nurse walked in, doing her usual rounds.

She was a literal saint, her name is Angel and god, she is like one of the best people i have ever met.

"Sorry, I can leave if needed." He spoke quickly, before standing up.

"No, you're fine. You can actually walk with her if you would like." She offered up and I smiled.

Thank you Angel, because I was too scared to ask.

"I mean- if that's not a problem, I wouldn't mind."

"That's not a problem..."

"Wilbur." He stood up and held out his hand for her to shake.

"So youre the lucky guy everyone doesn't stop talking about when they bring up my wonderful Daytona." She shook his hand and laughed.

I looked at her with a confused expression before she helped me up.

"Stay on this floor though, that's all that we ask." Angel spoke to Wilbur, like I was some child.

"You act like I'm going to break the rules." I mumbled, holding my arm out so I could steady myself.

Wilburs arms went around my waist and held me up straight as I caught my balance.

"Thanks, again." I muttered and he smiled.

I got my footing and held onto my IV with my left hand and pushed it in front of me. I interlocked our fingers and we started to walk down the hallway.

The feeling of walking around a hospital with socks on was probably a strangely good feeling. I wanted to run down the hallway and just slide, but I knew I couldn't do that.

He held onto my hand lightly, it seemed that he didn't want to apply too much pressure because he was scared that he was going to hurt me.

"You do know that you won't hurt me right? I'm practically made of steel." I boatsed as he hid the smile on his face.

"I'm going to work at my own pace because I don't want to hurt you, even if you say I won't."

We walked slowly down the hallway and stopped at a window. I stared out of the window, because I have never looked out of this window. I've always just walked past it. I never found interest in it until now. He stood behind me, letting me stare off into the sky.

"Welcome back to Brighton, Jareds." He placed the necklace around my neck and clipped it on.

I fiddled with it with my fingers before turning around and facing him with a smile on my face.

"It's good to be back, nice hair guy."

"Good because it was hell without you."

"The loveliest angels make the cruelest demons."

"And my love, you were so kind and so beautiful until they dragged you to hell. Taking me, right with you. But as you said once before, I would let you drag me to hell if it meant that you could hold my hand."

1762 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 3.1K 27
หšเญจเญงโ‹†๏ฝกหš โ‹† โ”Š ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ ๐Ž๐ ๐“๐Ž๐”๐‘. โ—ฆ โช๐Ÿ“โซ โ I MISS HER, TOMMY! โž โ THIS ISN'T HIM. โž wilbur soot x oc mcyt - minecraft youtube started: 122222 ...
134K 5.5K 19
You've lived alone for years, until a certain pink-haired man changes your entire world. And also is an awkward mess. Minecraft au
358K 9.9K 56
โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐›๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ โž โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง โž ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช...
29.7K 1.3K 21
[Fundy x Dream x George] Dream tries to forget the pain of losing his husband and gets the chance when Fundy asks him out for a date. Now, after a ye...