Who ever said three's company?

By dear13dreamer

James Buchanan Barnes and Steve Rogers have been friends since the 40s. Everyone knows that. What they don't... More

ℂ𝕒𝕑π•₯π•’π•šπ•Ÿ π”Έπ•žπ•–π•£π•šπ•”π•’: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”½π•šπ•£π•€π•₯ π”Έπ•§π•–π•Ÿπ•˜π•–π•£
Rebecca (Becca) Carter
Goodbyes and Surprises
Wartime Efforts
Reunions and Death Threats
Star Spangled Man with a Plan
Escapees
A True Hero
Alcohol is no use for a Super Soldier
The End is just the Beginning
πŸ…ƒπŸ„·πŸ„΄ πŸ„°πŸ……πŸ„΄πŸ„½πŸ„ΆπŸ„΄πŸ…πŸ…‚
Alien Threats
A Team is formed
Catching Loki

Winnings and Losses

422 10 0
By dear13dreamer

🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃
"Fondue is just cheese and bread, my friend.", Howard says as he walks behind Steve through a door.

"Really? I didn't think..."

"Nor should you, pal. The moment you think you know what's going on in a woman's head is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked. Me, I concentrate on work, which at the moment is about making sure you and your men do not get killed.", Howard stops him.

"Carbon polymer. Should withstand your average German bayonet. Although Hydra's not going to attack you with a pocket knife. I hear you're kind of attached.", Howard says while walking around the room. He taps Steve's shield.

"It's handier than you might think."

"I took the liberty of coming up with some options.", Howard says.

He shows Steve several shields.

"This one's fun. She's been fitted with electrical relays that allow you to...", Howard is cut off by Steve.

"What about this one?", He picks it up.

"No, no, that's just a prototype."

"What's it made of?", Steve asks.

"Vibranium. It's stronger than steel and a third the weight. It's completely vibration absorbent."

"How come it's not standard issue?", Steve asks.

"That's the rarest metal on Earth. What you're holding there, that's all we've got."

"You quite finished, Mr. Stark? I'm sure the Captain has some unfinished business.", Rebecca walks into the room.

Steve is holding the shield in front of him.

Rebecca picks up a nearby gun. She starts shooting it at the shield as Steve protects himself.

He moves the shield down to look at her. Howard was shielding his face.

She sighs.

"Yes, I think it works."

She sets the gun down and walks past Steve, Howard stands by him as she walks off.

"I had some ideas about the uniform.", Steve hands Howard a piece of paper, never taking his eyes off Rebecca.

"Whatever you want, pal.", Howard says, also not looking away.

🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃
"That was amazing!", Peggy says.

"Thanks. That should knock some sense into him.", Rebecca smirks.

"Are you really mad at him?"

"No. I just really wanted to make him nervous. But don't worry, Bucky and I will talk to him before the mission. He'll be okay.", Rebecca answers.

Peggy nods with a slight smile.

"What's wrong?", Rebecca asks.

"How do you trust them so much?"

Rebecca smiles.

"I know Steve. He would never cheat, that's just not like him. And he's got two people that love him very much, no need. But, he also doesn't know how to deal with women. I'm afraid that would be why he couldn't get the woman off of him."

"And James?", Peggy pushes.

"He's flirty but he doesn't mean anything by it. I know them, Peg. I'll be okay.", Rebecca assures her sister.

Peggy sighs. She is still not convinced.

"Oh, and I also have these.", Rebecca shows off her engagement rings.

Peggy's eyes widen.

"Your engaged! That great news!", She hugs her sister.

"Wah!", Rebecca exclaims.

"Sorry."

Peggy let's her go.

"I trust them with my life, Peg. You should trust my judgment this time. Have I ever been wrong before?"

"No.", Peggy sighs.

"I'm just worried is all."

"I know."

Rebecca goes to walk off.

"Take care of yourself.", Peggy says.

"I got this."

"I know.", Peggy smiles before walking off.

🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃
"Steve!"

"Becca?"

"Sorry about earlier.", She says.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too."

"It's alright, you couldn't get her off. I understand, Baby. I was just scaring you earlier.", She adds.

"I know. Did you tell Buck?"

"You bet I did."

"What'd he say?"

"He laughed and said you deserved it.", She shrugged.

He laughed.

"Course he did. I did though. Deserve it, I mean."

"Steve.", She places her hand on his cheek.

He puts a hand over hers.

"You know I did. I could've done more. I can always do more. I just... I don't want to hurt you.", He whispers.

"You could never hurt me. And don't you say you can. Listen, I love you. Okay?"

"Okay. I love you too.", He smiles.

Rebecca leans forward, kissing him softly. Steve's hands are on her waist, slightly pulling her closer to him.

All of a sudden, there is a firm slap to her ass.

They pull away from each other.

She turns to see Bucky standing behind her with a mischievous look on his face.

"James!", She whisper tells.

"Love you too, Sweets.", He smirks and runs off.

She turns back to Steve, who is smirking down at her.

"Shut up."

🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃
Steve is loading guns and weapons into a car. He also puts the shield on his back.

Rebecca stands next to him, now clad in a skin tight suit.

They are storming several Hydra bases, with their team. Bucky is also with them.

Steve leads them, guns blazing.

🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃
SSR: London
Peggy grabs flags with Hydra symbols off the map as they are taken over.

🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃
Peggy and Colonel Phillips watch videos of Steve, Bucky, Rebecca and the team in action. Steve is giving orders and Peggy can see the compass he's holding has a picture of Rebecca and Bucky in it.

Steve closes it and puts it away.

Peggy smiles.

🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃
The team is on a mountain. It is a plain filled with mountains and snow.

Steve, Bucky and Rebecca are overlooking the landscape as an icy chill blows through.

"Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?", Bucky asks Steve.

"Yeah, and I threw up?"

"This isn't payback is it?", Bucky asks.

They are overlooking a railroad in the snow. There is a zip line right above them.

"Now why would I do that?", Steve smirks.

"We were right. Dr. Zola's on the train.", One of the men says from behind them.

All three of them turn around.

"Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle.", The man continued as the trio moved closer towards him.

"Wherever he's going, they must need him bad."

Steve looks at Bucky and Rebecca before putting his helmet on.

They walk away.

🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃
The train is about to go right underneath them.

Steve is setting up the zip line.

"We only got about a 10-second window. You miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield.", He says to the team.

Steve prepares to swing.

"Shit, I almost forgot. Rebecca!", Steve mutters.

"Yes?", She is standing by him now.

"Come ere'"

She moves closer. He picks her up and orders her to hold on. She latches onto him. She is holding both her arms around the back of his neck and her legs and clinging onto his hips.

"Better get moving, Bugs!", One of the men says.

Steve jumps off the cliff, causing Rebecca to hold him even tighter.

"STEVE! YOU COULDN'T HAVE WARNED ME FIRST!", She screams as they slide.

Steve merely chuckles.

The rest of the team does the same as Steve as the train appears underneath them.

Once close enough to the train, Steve drops down. Rebecca immediately gets off him and moves over to where Bucky landed.

She grabs his hand and they all run closer to the front of the train.

They reach a ladder and climb down into a room filled with cargo.

Steve, Rebecca and Bucky quietly make their way through the room into another that is empty.

Suddenly, behind Steve and Rebecca, Bucky shuts the door and starts shooting at someone.

But there is a robot in the room their in. Rebecca moves behind Steve as he shoots at it.

Steve eventually knocks the robot down with the shield.

It is powerless, so Steve uses its blaster to blast the door open.

He takes Rebecca's hand and drags her into the other room, then he orders her to stay in the corner.

She ignores him though, and starts fighting one of the hydra agents. What the boys didn't know, was she used to take fighting lessons. She is skillfully trained in hand to hand combat.

Steve throws Bucky another gun as he rushes into the room shoving some cargo at one of the enemy agents.

He is knocked out.

"I had him on the ropes.", Bucky says.

"I know you did.", Steve says.

Steve looks around and doesn't see Rebecca.

"Where's Bex?", Bucky asks.

"She was right here.."

"Rebecca!", Steve shouts.

With one last blow to the face, Rebecca successfully knocks the other agent unconscious.

"Over here, Stevie!", She calls.

Both men rush over to see her standing over an unconscious man.

"Wh-how?", Bucky asks.

"I'll explain later.", She kisses both of their foreheads before walking past them.

"Right.", Steve clears his throat.

Suddenly, the robot stands back up and shoots a blast at the door. Bucky hears the sound and pulls Rebecca into his chest, by her waist.

Steve shields them all as an explosion causes damage to the train.

Bucky starts shooting at the robot now after picking up Steve's shield. He is laying on the ground now. Rebecca stands next to Bucky.

The robot suddenly shoots a blast and they are both thrown out the hole in the train. Bucky grabs her hand and holds onto a piece of the exterior. He pulls her up, and she hangs on right next to him.

Steve knocks the robot down with his shield and leans out the side of the train.

"Bucky! Rebecca!", He shouts.

He climbs over to where they are dangling.

They both reach out as Steve makes his way towards them.

"Hang on!"

"Grab my hand!", He shouts over the howling wind.

But the bar they are hanging onto separates from the train.

The bar falls, as do the both of them.

"NOO!", Steve shouts as they fall down into the snowy mountains below.

Despite the fear of falling, Bucky grabs Rebecca and pulls her into his chest. But they still both fall.

Steve is hanging onto the train still, trying not to cry after losing them both.

🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃🌃
Author's Note: Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry for the sad ending.

It will all work out in the end. Keep reading to find out what happens next!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 4.8K 17
S.Rogers x B.Barnes x f!Stark!Reader After the events of the horrific past, y/n Stark, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes have finally admitted their feel...
33.7K 1K 36
In 1918 in Brooklyn, the twins Rosemary and Steven Grant Rogers are born. Together with their best friend James Buchanan Barnes they face life and it...
1.8M 46.3K 79
Steve Rogers x reader x Bucky Barnes Steve and Bucky get into a relationship with a childhood friend. It was an unnatural relationship it was someth...
4.5K 115 13
Peter Benjamin Barnes is the older twin to James Buchanan 'Bucky' Barnes. When he was born the doctors mixed up the paperwork saying he might not mak...