Postcards

By Maddie_Lo1D

Do you believe, that best friends can make it work, if they become a couple?" Alice have known Niall for age... More

Postcards
Chapter 1 - Just like the old days
Chapter 2 - The boy are back in town
Chapter 3 - Welcome to my world
Chapter 4 - This
Chapter 5 - Day to day - Dot to Dot
Chapter 6 - Good or bad?
Chapter 7 - 24/7
Chapter 8 - Babe
Chapter 9 - And all these little things
Chapter 10 - Leprechaun's London
Chapter 11 - Nandos for two
Chapter 12 - Remember the time
Chapter 13 - London Calling
Chapter 14 - The Pentagon and I
Chapter 15 - Spill the beans
Chapter 16 - Ego
Chapter 17 - One Day
Chapter 18 - The baby is crying
Chapter 19 - Drunken revelation
Chapter 20 - What if? ...
Chapter 21 - The thing about Alex
Chapter 22 - Clueless
Chapter 23 - Batman to the rescue
Chapter 24 - More surprises
Chapter 25 - One way or another
Chapter 26 - Maybe it'll help
Chapter 28 - Falling slowly
Chapter 29 - And let me kiss you
Chapter 30 - New situations
Chapter 31 - Back for good
Chapter 32 - Going public
Chapter 33 - Nialice
Chapter 34 - New beginnings
Chapter 35 - Irresistible
Chapter 36 - Right Direction
Chapter 37 - Nialler
Chapter 38 - So this is really it
Chapter 39 - The Journalist
Chapter 40 - Going back to Summer 09 ...and Ireland
Chapter 41 - We're on our way home
Chapter 42 - You're such a tease
Chapter 43 - The Case of Cara
Chapter 44 - The matchmaker
Chapter 45 - Secrets and smiles
Chapter 46 - Rock me
Chapter 47 - The Mullingar Crew
Chapter 48 - Getting old
Chapter 49 - Truly, madly, deeply
Chapter 50 - Last first kiss

Chapter 27 - Curly

920 15 1
By Maddie_Lo1D

Around ten the next morning I woke up and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. After that I went to take a pair of jeans and a jumper on and went to the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee. Around eleven Danielle and Liam joined me. 

"So, are you excided for your date tonight with curly?" Liam asked while he was pouring the boiled water into a teacup.

"Yeah, I am", I said. It wasn't a lie. I was excited of where Harry would take me and how he would be to go on a date with. I liked Harry, but he was just a friend and I knew that I would've never get with him for real. 

"Can I help you pick an outfit?" Danielle asked excited. She loved helping others finding perfect outfits. She loved fashion as much as I did, but she had ways to put together an outft, in ways I wouldn't have dared or thought about. 

"Of course", I said with a smile. 

None of us did much that day. It was raining again, and none of us bothered about going out, although there wasn't much food left in the fridge other than eggs, milk, butter, cheese and bread and some vegetables and juice. We watched some episodes of FRIENDS and before we knew it, it was already around six in the evening. 

"Shit, he's picking me up in an about an hour!", I said as I looked at my phone. 

"Well, then let's get you ready!" Dani said and dragged me op from the sofa, leaving Liam alone on the couch wathing TV, although he looked like he was sleeping. 

"Okay, let's see what we have", Dani said and opened my suitcase. First she took out a short, blue dress, studied it. looked at me, and then put it back down. Then she took a white dress up, but she also put that back in. 

"Come on, Dani, I must have something I can wear for tonight", I chuckled. 

"This!" Dani said and picked up a black/red dress which I had bought in Urban Outfitters a long time ago, but never had worn. 

"Really?", I asked and had never thought of wearing it for a date. 

"It's perfect! I have the perfect shoes to go with it!", she said and handed me the dress to put in on. 

//http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/sparkle+fade-textured-skater-dress/invt/5130439787433/&colour=Wine//

She was right about the shoes: Her black Christian Louboutin- shoes. God I was happy we had the same size feet. They fitted me perfectly and the dress too. 

After that she helped me do my makeup. I wanted it to be a simple and relaxed look, and she managed to make it look really casual, although she had used a whole lot of makeup. Sometimes I wonder why she's not a make-up artist/hairdresser/stylist - But she's a damn good dancer anyways. 

"You look amazing!" she exclaimed with a big smile on her face. 

"Only because of you", I said and looked at myself in the mirror. I hadn't done anything to my hair other than having washed it this morning and having it a bun all day, so it was all curly when I took the elastic out. 

"You look amazing, really, really good!" Liam said and looked up and down at me. I thanked him, just as the door bell buzzed and Danielle went to open it. 

"Harry's waiting downstairs, I said you were coming down", Danielle said and took me to one side. "Have fun, and...Ali, just use yer head, okay?" she asked and looked into my eyes. 

"I know what you mean...it'll just be a date and that's all", I said and hugged her. Liam handed me my jacket and gave me a hug. 

"Tell him I said hi, and that I think he's a dick for not coming up", Liam said with a chuckle as I went out of the front door and headed for the elevator. 

"I will", I said with a chuckle and went inside the elevator. 

Harry was standing outside the apartment builduing outside his big Range Rover waiting for me. As he saw me coming out, he smiled. "Wow!" he said and looked up and down me. "You look beautiful!" he said and kissed me on the cheek. 

"Thanks, you too", I said teasingly and he opened the car-door for me to enter. 

We drove to a restaurant in the Notting HIll area and parked almost outside the restaurant. A few passers-by noticed Harry and I could hear them whisper behind our back. We got into the restaurant and got a table in a remote corner. It was a nice restaurant specialised in Italian food. 

We talked about everything and nothing I and Harry. We were laughing and talking and had a really good time. Harry was so sweet and I couldn't do anything but smile everytime he said something. It wasn't at all like I was falling for him now, because I kept remembering that I was dating Harry, because I was going to get over Niall, but the fact was that I didn't want to get over Niall. As we finished eating and talking we paid and got out to the car. We drove of to Harry's place and got into the lift into his apartment. He too had a nice apartment: White walls, wooden floors, brown, fluffy carpets in the living room with white sofas and a flatscreen hanging on the walls. As Harry went into the kitchen to make us some tea I launched myself in the couch. 

I hadn't thought I was going to have such a good night as I had been having with Harry. Harry was sweet, funny, easy to talk with and as the date had got on, I was beginning to like him even more. Just....I was still thinking about Niall. My thoughts were interrupted when Harry came back into the livingroom with two cups of hot tea. He sat down next to me on the couch and rested his arm on the sofa. 

"So, did it live up to your expectations?" Harry asked with a cheeky smile. 

"It did, it was a very nice date", I said with a smile and looked into his green mesmerising eyes. 

"Well, it isn't over yet", he said kept my eyes linked with his.

"What do you have in mind?" I said and smiled.

"Well...ususally when I'm on date with a nice girl, I kiss her", Harry said still looking into my eyes.

"Oh, so that's your trick, eh?" I teased.

"Hey, it always works!" Harry chuckled and moved his face closer to mine.

"And what do you do after you've kissed?"

"It depends...", Harry said and moved his even closer to mind.

"I know where this is going", I said and could feel his breath on me.

"Where?" He chuckled and our noses were practically touching now.

"You're going to kiss me", I said.

I was right. His quickly placed his lips against mine and then pulled away smiling.

"Finish off where we started", he chuckled and I smiled. He took a lock of hair away from my face and then pulled me in for another kiss, but this was another kind. Our lips were linked perfectly and were moving in perfect synchronisation. I opened my mouth and he slid his tongue inside and they were playing a tango. It felt nice. Harry was a good kisser, probably always have been  - or I guess, from experience. He started unzipping the back of my dress and I didn't protest. We were both panting and he took of his shirt revealing a six pack. Someone had clearly been working out. We kissed again and we lay down on the couch with him on top. I ran my hands through his hair and it felt wonderful. It wasn't until he started to unhook my bra, that I felt something was terribly wrong. 

What the hell was I doing?  Kissing with Niall's best friend again and now I was going to have sex with him? I knew it the wrong thing to do, and I hestitated and Harry noticed it. 

"You alright?" he asked and look down at me. 

"Harry", I sighed "...I'm sorry, it doesn't feel right", I said and wanted to cry. Harry nodded understandably and sat back up. 

"Tell me...is it because of Niall?" He asked and looked at me with a wry smile, making me feel bad for using him. I nodded. 

"Yeah", I said while putting my dress back on. Harry put back on his t-shirt and looked at me. 

"You like him, don't you?" he asked and rested his head on the sofa back.

I sighed and nodded. "Is it that clear?" I asked and looked into his eyes.

"I don't know, but... I noticed you look differently at him nowadays...the kind of way he used to look at you when...you know"

"Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know if...him and Becca...are they like...getting serious?" I asked and was doubting if I even wanted to know the answer. 

"To be honest, I don't think the will ever get together....Becca seems like she doesn't have time for him...I'll tell you what I said to the other lads, not Niall of course.."

"What?" 

"I don't like her. I think she's a real bitch, mind the language...but, she's a bit too big headed for me and too reserved and... I don't know, she just have this attitude that I don't like...like, she feels smart, and...it's now only me who think's it, but we think that she's maybe using Niall to promote her new band..." Harry said. 

"Oh no, that's...terrible", I said 

"Oh don't lie, you want them to end it off", Harry chuckled and he was right. 

"Okay I do, but only because it sounds like she isn't right for Niall", I defended myself. 

"Ali...We all know you're the right one for Niall. We all know that Niall's the right one for you", Harry said and looked into my eyes. 

"Harry, I want Niall, I really do, but...how am I going to tell him? I feel like, you know 'Now that you can't have me, you suddenly want me' - kind of girl", I qouted. 

Harry chuckled. "Babe, you have to tell him before he gets over you"

"What do you mean?"

"What?"

"Hasn't he gotten over me? he said he was  over me..."

"it's obvious he isn't over you...but, he also fancies that Becca-girl...but Ali, you have the biggest place in his heart...I just wish we could push Becca out of the picture, so you two could get together already" Harry said a bit annoyed. He seemed to do that every time the mention of her name came up. 

"I don't want to push her out of the picture!"

"But you have to tell Niall! Please just tell him! He'll leave Becca right away, and then you two will get together and it'll be perfect", Harry said a bit excited. "Tell him before you leave on Tuesday", Harry said and he was probably right. 

I had to tell Niall how I was feeling and how I had felt in a long time. About him and me. I was going to take our friendship to a whole other level, and it scared me, that it could end as quickly as it had started. Harry drove me home and I went directly into the guestroom and fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 133 27
Liam and Ashlee were best friends growing up.. They always had feelings for each other but since he left for the x-factor, they decided to just not s...
2.7K 64 23
Four ordinary girls have just moved in together after highschool because they are all really close. One thing they didn't expect though was for one o...
68 0 7
Disclaimer: this is not my writing this is by goldenhazzalou on AO3 and I wanted to put it on here Harry and Louis have been friends since they were...
4.9K 106 19
Louis and Eleanor are perfectly happy, Liam and Danielle couldn't love life any more than it is, Zayn and Perrie are moving in with each other, Harry...