The Devils Love

By nataleet3

"Now I know why they call you the devil" "I told you I was anything but good Angel" - Two people that could h... More

Chapter One - Tattoos
Chapter Two - Angel
Authors Note
Shots - Chapter Three
New Home - Chapter Four
Kian - Chapter Five
Car Ride - Chapter Six
Tasks - Chapter Seven
'The Devil'- Chapter Eight
'Please Me' - Chapter Nine
'Good Girl' - Chapter Ten
Scratches - Chapter Eleven
Scary Thoughts - Chapter Twelve
Shooting Range - Chapter Thirteen
'The Most Dangerous Drug' - Chapter Fourteen
Sleepless Nights - Chapter Fifteen
Giovanni - Chapter Sixteen
Risqué - Chapter Seventeen
Little Blade - Chapter Eighteen
My Girl - Chapter Nineteen
Captive - Chapter Twenty
Bath - Chapter Twenty•Two
Twisted Puzzle - Chapter Twenty•Three
Getting Away - Chapter Twenty•Four
Foreign Country - Chapter Twenty•Five
Steaming Shower - Chapter Twenty•Six
Beach Day - Chapter Twenty•Seven
A Night Out - Chapter Twenty•Eight
Beautiful Views - Chapter Twenty•Nine

Rescue - Chapter Twenty•One

1.6K 62 0
By nataleet3

Matteo Romano

It's now been three days since Giovanni took Davina.

He either wasn't smart enough to avoid the cameras of my building or he was just too cocky. Him and his guard were caught taking out my guard, entering my apartment, carrying Davina out, and then leaving out the back.

My connections with the NYPD were able to get me access to the street cameras around the city so I could follow the car they took to where they were keeping Davina.

I had people sitting on the building waiting for my call to make a move on it. Kian and I drew out a plan for everyone at the warehouse.

We had been unsure of just how many people Giovanni had with him, but after talking to the people watching the building we established it was somewhere around 30.

He could have 100 people with him in that building and I would still get in there to kill him myself.

Right now, everyone was at the warehouse getting prepared to make the move on the old abandoned facility Davina was at. I had about 35 people on this job, not including Kian and myself.

I was able to recruit some of the NYPD officers on this too considering they are all on my payroll anyway. I also had to make a deal with the commissioner so we could keep the surrounding areas clear of anyone who might cause me problems.

I ran over the plan with everyone one final time before it was time for us to go. Everyone was focused and on point. Checking surroundings, loading guns, going over entry ways with each other, pairing off on their own.

That was a rule I had. Too many things could go wrong if someone were to go off on their own, so everyone was to have at least one other person with them. I trusted no one else other than Kian to be the one to have my back.

Everyone loaded into the vans that were provided to us by the cops and I led them down to an ally a block away from the old facility in one of my own vehicles.

By the time we all got out of the vehicles, my men were either already wearing mask or were putting one on. They liked to keep their identity private just in case someone were to escape alive. I however never bothered to wear one.

My face will be the last thing Giovanni ever sees.

The streets around us had been discreetly blocked off and cleared so no one would get in our way. This made it easier for everyone to make their way to the facility.

We all had ear pieces so we could communicate better. Once it was clear that everyone was in position I gave the order.

"Everyone go. Now."

The shattering of glass windows and the bangs of doors being kicked in sounded all at once. Then it was rapid gunfire and the frantic yells from Giovanni's men that followed.

Me, Kian, and four other guys made our way in. The other two groups broke away from us the further in we went.

We made our way across the floors that looked like they may cave in at any second, under the ceiling that literally had holes in it, through the old rusted out doors that barley moved, and over bodies that were filled with bullet holes.

We had no way of knowing exactly where in the building Davina was, so we examined every hallway and corridor for where she could be.

Every man here was instructed to do the same. Take out the enemy's, search for Davina and or Giovanni, get to me through the ear piece if either of them were found. Other than that or an emergency, there was to be no communication through the ear pieces.

We cleared every room with guns drawn, not risking being caught off guard by another person.

We had cleared two long hallways alone, leaving a trail of bodies behind, before we turned into another one. A few of the doors were opened which made it easy for us to clear the rooms.

Kian was checking one of the rooms with a closed door when I came to one as well. The gun fire around us was starting to die down which allowed me to hear shuffling on the other side of the door.

"Kian." I called out for him and when he poked his head out of the room he was in I motioned to the door in front of me.

He approached the door and nodded to me. He pushed the door open while I drew my gun up.

It was dark in the room but the light pouring in from the hallway allowed me to see in.

Sitting in the middle of the room was Davina. She was tied to a chair with cuts and bruises covering her body. Her hair was knotted and tangled, she had heavy bags under her eyes, and her skin was extremely pale.

Some of the cuts were still bleeding while others looked like they had already closed. There were spots of dried blood on the floor along with the puddles of the fresh.

He's been torturing her for days.

Giovanni stood right behind the chair with his gun pressed to the left side of Davina's head. His finger was already on the trigger just waiting to pull it.

My own gun stayed aimed perfectly right between his eyes.

"Drop your fucking gun or it won't end good for your girl." Giovanni was trying to hang Davina over my head.

"You know damn well that's not gonna happen. You're all alone. Everyone is dying or already dead, so how about you drop it." I knew the gunfire wasn't slowing because my men were getting killed. I would have heard a lot more commotion through the ear piece if that were the case.

I had a perfectly clear shot, but if I were to take a shot on Giovanni right now, I ran the risk of him pulling the trigger and killing Davina. I would never miss the shot but if he tenses when he dies, Davina may die too. There's no way in hell I would be able to get him to drop his gun and surrender to me so that was out of the question too.

I need a way to get his gun off of her.

I had an idea but Davina may hate me for it. She would just have to trust me and I have to hope she'll understand what I'm doing.

I dropped my gun so it was no longer on Giovanni. Now it was down at the floor.

"Do you really think I did all this for a damn female?" I asked with a chuckle. "If you had any type of a brain, you would know that I don't grow attached to any woman."

I couldn't bare too look down at Davina. I didn't want to know what her reaction looked like. If she was pained at my words I didn't want to see it.

"So you really expect me to believe that you did all of this and you don't care about her? I do believe it was your bedroom she was walking out of when I found her." Giovanni seemed like he didn't believe me.

I have to play it out more.

"She's a good fuck." I had to shrug off the sting I felt knowing that Davina was hearing every word. 

But I'll do what I have to to get her out of here. 

"Actually, I did all of this to get to you. You don't know your boundaries. First you come to my city, then to my hotel, then to my club, then into my home. You know you belong under your daddy's protection in L.A." There had always been unspoken boundaries with me and Giovanni's father. I didn't go on his turf and he didn't come on mine.

"I figured I needed to show your father what happens when his dogs come into my backyard." Giovanni had always been fragile and easy to fuck with. One little insult and he was being pushed over the edge.

Calling him a dog did just that. You could see the anger boiling up inside of him, and just like that, his gun was off Davina on me.

I was quick with my movements. So quick he couldn't react fast enough.

I brought my gun back up and didn't even take the time to aim before I pulled the trigger three times. Giovanni dropped to the ground.

He was still breathing but barley. The blood he was choking on was starting to pour out of the corner of his mouth.

I bent down to be beside him and to tell him the last words he would ever hear.

"Oh, and this is for hurting my Angel."

Without a drop of sanity left in me, I pulled a dagger out of my pocket, Davina's dagger, and held it to his neck. I pressed the sharpened blade in deep and slid it right across. Blood poured out and pooled around his head.

The last sound was a strangled breath before his eyes closed shut. Finally he was dead.

"Now I know why they call you The Devil." Davina's voice was shallow and sounded as though she could break at any moment.

But none the less, I was happy to hear her speak again. "I told you I was anything but good Angel."

I would have loved to spend days, maybe even weeks, using different methods of torture against him. But I didn't want Davina to be here any longer than she already had been.

I quickly jumped to my feet and readjusted my grip on the blade. I started to cut all the ropes around Davina. The deep purple engraved on her skin told me they had probably been there for at least a full day.

I didn't even let her try to stand up on her own once the ropes were all gone. I picked her up so her legs could wrap around my waist, not caring about her blood soaking into my clothing. I carried her out of the building with Kian leading our way.

Cop cars, the unmarked vans, and a few paramedics were parked outside. The cops were detaining those who survived and the paramedics were tending to my people who got hurt.

It's amazing what money can do for criminals.

"Kian, go grab one of the medics and tell them to come look at Davina." I wanted her to have her wounds treated properly.

"Matteo." I probably wouldn't have heard her if she wasn't so close to my ear.

"Yes Angel?"

Her voice was barely above a whisper, I was only able to hear her because of her head being rested on my shoulder. "I just want to go home."

None of her cuts were deep enough to cause serious damage or need stitches. I would be able to treat them myself at home and if she wants to leave then we'll leave.

Kian was already walking back over with a medic behind him.

"Never mind. Just take us back to the apartment." The medic nodded at me and walked away. Kian walked over to my SUV and got in the drivers seat.

I saw the commissioner standing close by so I called out to him quickly. "Commissioner Blake, I'll be in contact soon. Thank you." He nodded in my direction and stuck up a hand to wave me off.

I got in the backseat of the SUV with Davina still on my lap. I didn't want to let her go. I want her to know that she's safe now and I will never let anything like that happen to her again.

I will make it a point to make it up to her soon but for now she needs to relax and let herself heal first. With everything she's had to deal with it's the absolute least I could do for her.

We didn't make it three blocks from the facility when Davina fell asleep on me. I doubt she slept much while being there. Even if she did, I can only imagine how mentally and physically drained she must feel.

For someone who isn't used to being in those situations, it takes a toll on you mentally. As much as I know it will effect Davina, there's a part of me that knows she's strong enough to not let it consume her.

I had barley slept myself while Davina was gone. Having her back in my presence relaxed me and the sleep I was missing caught up to me just like that.

Kian continued driving without a word while Davina and I slept in each others arms for the rest of the ride back to the apartment.

I physically and mentally cannot lose this girl again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

532K 19.1K 53
"The damage was done the moment our eyes collided." ~Xavier De Luca *** One life-altering night ignites a soul-scorching passion between a gangster...
The Arrangement By ☆

Mystery / Thriller

467K 10.3K 48
𝟏𝟖+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how much I've had to refrain myself from fuckin...
169K 4.6K 63
"That's a good girl, Isabella," he murmurs, his words dripping with satisfaction. "Let go. Give in to me." ------- BOOK 1 in the RUSSIAN MADE MAN SER...