epiphany ♕ | 𝗷𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗽𝗼�...

By ressins

UNDERGOING EDITING IN WHICH, JAMES POTTER SPILLS pumpkin juice on Siobhán Parten. or IN WHICH, SIOBHÁN PARTE... More

introduction
cast
epigraph
[001] - pumpkin juice incident
[002] - the jumper
[003] - rumor has it that
[004] - if the shoe fits
[005] - you evil puffskein spawn
[006] - elixir to enduce chaos
[007] - never a stranger
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
50
51
52
53
54
55
56

49

756 15 3
By ressins

JAMES POTTER STUMBLED ACROSS THE corridors, glancing around to see if anyone saw. He'd been doing his rounds, hoping Lily wasn't around. She was the type to boss people, yelling at them when they did something wrong. Being a head boy was difficult, tedious to be exact. James wasn't sure how he got the role, but it felt amazing. He liked being someone with power, taking off house points, and becoming a good role model. It was what his ego needed; a place in authority.

His seventh year was a whirlwind of emotions. James couldn't decipher the fact he was about to graduate. It seemed too soon, too fast even. There wasn't enough time to say what he wanted or express how he felt. Stakes were high, darkness brewing outside the stoned walls. He wasn't sure how his parents were doing, not hearing from them in a while. James wasn't worried, but a sinking feeling crept under his skin.

"Prongs?" Peter tapped him on the shoulder. James fixed his tie, loosening it a bit. "You seem tense." He glanced at the ground, deep in thought.

"In truth, I am," James confessed. "Have you heard about the rumors?" Peter furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head. "The rumors about the war brewing outside the castle walls?" Peter shook his head once again, arching an eyebrow in confusion.

"I haven't heard of them." Peter ran a hand through his hair. "You know me. I'm not the type to stay updated with the news that much." James nodded, putting his hands in the pockets of his robe.

"I'm scared," he admitted. "My parents haven't written back in a couple of weeks. I can't help but think something terrible has happened." Peter gave him a look of sympathy, reaching out for his hand.

"I don't think anything bad has happened to your parents," Peter reassured. "Maybe they're busy." James bit back a scoff, frantically walking back and forth.

"That's the thing!" James told. "They can't be busy because they're old. It's unlikely of them to leave me without a message for weeks."

"You're right." Peter trailed off, his left forearm burning. He stumbled onto the wall, hissing in pain. James took notice of his behavior, putting an arm around his waist.

"Are you alright?" James inquired, tone filled with worry. Peter felt the burning increase, tears welling on the brim of his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Peters's words came out breathy. "I'm just a bit rounded up from days prior, no worries." James narrowed his eyes, recalling what Peter did a couple of days ago.

"What did you do days prior?" James felt oblivious to Peter's words. He couldn't remember what the boy did. "As far as I recall, I don't remember you telling me about this."

"I forgot to tell you." Peter quickly put forth. "I fell while on a walk yesterday. My sleeves were above my elbows, the concrete underneath me. You can imagine what happened next."

James heaved out a sigh, letting go of Peter's waist. He trusted Peter, and if he said that happened, well—it happened.

"Did you trip on your feet?" James asked, biting back a laugh. Peter rolled his eyes, punching James on the side.

"Yeah," Peter conceded, getting bashful. James let out a much-needed laugh, putting his arm around Peter's shoulder. "See! That is why I don't tell you things. You always laugh and make me feel embarrassed."

"I'm sorry." James laughed through his words. "I couldn't help myself. You're too funny, Wormtail." Peter jokingly punched James on the rib, laughing with him as well.

"You're correct," Peter smirked. "I am naturally funny. Thinking about it, I bring humor to the group." James breathed in deeply, turning his head side to side.

"Depends."

Peter side-eyed him, pressing his lips into a thin line. "You know bloody well I am the funniest one." he crossed his arms. James put his arms up in defeat, finally letting in.

"Fine, fine," James muttered. "You're the funniest in the group." Peter smiled, satisfied, walking ahead of James. "Why are you going so ahead for?"

"I'm glad you took notice of me being the funniest." Peter asserted, not looking behind him. "But I've got to go. I have some errands to run, and I cannot keep them waiting."

"Them?" James implored, gazing around the corridor.

"As in them, I mean my errands," Peter explained, tone neutral. "Now, I'll be on my way. Don't think much about your parents!" Peter walked away, rubbing his left forearm. James thought the encounter was bizarre but didn't ponder on it. He knew how Peter acted, and it seemed like him.

James shook his head, snapping out of his trance. He didn't know what to think or do. All the boy wanted was a distraction. His eyes flickered, an idea projecting itself through his peripheral mind. Taking plain parchment out of his robe, he grabbed his wand. It was pages after pages of parchment, not one word in sight.

James positioned his wand towards the parchment, tapping it once.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," he whispered, the map revealing words. "Messers Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs Purveyors of Aids to Magical-Mischief Makers are proud to present "The Marauder's Map." James smiled, running his hands over the map.

"We're truly brilliant," he muttered. James opened the map, showing different parts of Hogwarts. His eyes trailed across the Gryffindor tower. The person he wanted to find wasn't there. His hands skimmed towards the courtyard, observing the fountain. James pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, closing the map. He tapped the parchment again.

"Mischief managed."

James placed the parchment back into his robes, running down the corridors. He took multiple lefts and rights, eventually leading up to the courtyard. A girl was perked on the edge of the fountain, wind whipping her hair. She had a book propped open in her hand, flipping page after page. James walked towards the fountain, quickly hugging her from behind.

"Loverboy." Siobhán smiled, placing her book on her lap. James buried his head into the crook of her neck, placing a kiss on her collarbone. Siobhán's hand quickly went to the back of his head, ruffling his hair.

"My love," he said, voice muffled. "I've missed you today." Siobhán shifted herself around, facing the boy next to her. James ran a hand through his hair, gazing at her with admiration.

"How did you find me?" Siobhán inquired. James glanced around the courtyard, the sun hitting his eyes. He placed a hand over his eyebrows, squinting slightly.

"I have a few tricks up my sleeve." James grinned, shifting his gaze back towards Siobhán. "Anyways, what book were you reading?"

"Anna Karenina." Siobhán showed him the cover of the book. James adjusted his glasses, inspecting the image. "It's a sad story. Anna cheats on her husband, causing her to end up dying." James set his full attention on the girl in front of him, placing his hands on his ankles.

"Vronsky's a pretty character." Siobhán thought of how he looked, biting down on her lip. "He has this type of charisma to him. I can't help but like it, you know?" James rolled his eyes, biting back a laugh.

"Yeah." James's eyes flickered from the ground to her. "Sounds familiar, doesn't it?" Siobhán realized, scoffing a bit.

"I suppose it does." 

"You suppose?" James teased, running his fingers over his lips. Siobhán followed his hands, finally stopping on his lips. James took notice, putting his hands down. "Why are you looking at my lips?"

Siobhán locked eyes with the boy, heaving out a sigh. "I can't help myself. Anything you do mesmerizes me." James placed his hands on the edge of the fountain, watching the water trickle down the stone.

"Don't look at me with those beautiful eyes of yours," James muttered. Siobhán stared at him confused, not catching what he said.

"Huh?"

"I said don't look at me with those beautiful eyes," James repeated, eyes locking with Siobhán. "Every time you gaze at me, I get lost. I find myself falling for you all over again, desperately trying not to kiss you."

"What if I don't want to stop looking?" she hesitantly asked. James clenched his jaw, his lips tugging into a smile.

"You'll get a kiss." his eyes flickered down to her lips. "Or a dozen more..." James trailed off, leaning closer towards the girl. Siobhán closed the gap between them, connecting their lips. Her hands were placed on his neck while his went near her jaw. James bit her lip slightly, finally departing from the kiss. Siobhán's breathing was heavy, fingers tracing over her mouth.

"I had to," Siobhán confessed. "You tease me too much; it drives me crazy." James shook his head, a chuckle escaping from his lips.

"You couldn't resist yourself?" James looked at her, surprised. "I guess I'm too tempting." Siobhán shoved him playfully, rolling her eyes. James grabbed onto her wrist, dragging her towards him. He wrapped his hands around her waist, setting Siobhán on his lap.

"Why, you bloody scoundrel!" Siobhán whisper-yelled, trying to get out of his grip. James didn't budge, placing his chin on her shoulder.

"You distracted me today," James whispered. Siobhán stopped fidgeting, placing her hands on top of James's.

"I did?" Siobhán queried, curiosity getting the best of her. James nodded, heaving out a sigh. He let go of Siobhán, glancing at the ground.

"I was thinking of my parents." he began. "It was getting to me. So, I went to you. I went to the person I love to comfort me." Siobhán got off his lap, shifting herself to face him. "With you, I feel safe. I feel warm—and fuzzy. I know it sounds strange, but it's the truth. I wouldn't pick anywhere else to be than with you."

"It's like you're confessing your feelings for me all over again." Siobhán smiled, putting strands of hair behind her ears. James remembered when he confessed that he loved her, blushing.

"Well, that was much more romantic," James added, running a hand through his hair. "I was a nervous wreck that day, praying so hard that you wouldn't think of me weirdly."

"How could I ever think of you weirdly?" Siobhán bit down on her lip, enlacing her hand in his. "I've always felt a strong connection with you."

"You always know what to say to me," James mentioned. "I guess you're taking notice of my tactics to charm you."

"James, I have always noticed your tactics." Siobhán put forth. "I've just figured them out, that's all." James nodded, squeezing her hand. His rings felt cold against her skin, goosebumps covering her body.

"You always fall for them, though." James's lips quirked into a smile. "At least I think you do." He added quickly, earning a giggle from the girl.

"I always do," Siobhán reassured, strands of hair falling onto her face. James glanced at the sky, horizons darkening over time. He heaved out a sigh, putting his feet on the ground.

"Walk with me back to the common?" James asked, standing up. Siobhán looked up at him, nodding. He yanked her up by the arm, catching her swiftly by the waist. Siobhán felt a squeal escape her lips, patting James on the chest.

"I'm not a princess who needs saving." Siobhán joked, walking towards the entrance of the castle. James skipped towards her like a deer, slyly putting his arm over her shoulder.

"No, you're the prince, and I'm the princess." James tugged onto his robe with his unoccupied hand. "I'm the one who needs saving." Siobhán laughed, sliding her hand around his waist.

"Alright, princess."

AUTHORS NOTE

hello everyone! i've finally finished this chapter, which took me a while. i've been distracted, but motivated myself to finish it. i don't hate this as much as i thought i would. the part where they kiss is so haggegeyeheh. i think the keyboard smash is a good interpretation of how i felt writing that. anyways, thank you all so much for reading. your comments brighten my day, so please drop some more! once again, thank you so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

644 40 4
To simply put it, Olivia Randaloff was sick and tired of the way James Potter treated her best friend, Lily Evans. After years of him refusing to lea...
Glimpse By Rose

Fanfiction

25.3K 1K 12
When someone knows at first glance that the person now holding their gaze is special, there are a lot of moments that can unfold. Laughter and love...
1.8K 61 57
✓COMPLETED✓ "Don't tell me it's a sin to love him instead of her. Seriously, I mean look at him!" Basically your traditional Wizarding World Marauder...
7.5K 126 21
Y/N Evans have always been inlove with her best friend James. So offcoarse she is broken when he started dating her sister Lily. A lot happens which...