Forget-Me-Not (dreamxreader)

By red_fairy_lights

****Book 2 of the Blooms of War series**** C!Dreamwastaken X femreader She/Her pronouns Y/N wakes to find her... More

1|| Trapped
2|| A Dreadful Cage
3|| Enderian
4|| Undercover
5|| Wilbur?
6|| What I Remember
7|| They Were My Friends, Right?
8|| Fundy || Part 1
9|| Fundy || Part 2
10|| Ripples
11|| Waves
12|| Rainbow Feathers - Father's Day Special
13|| A Tale From Long Ago
14|| I love you truly || Part 1
14|| I love you truly || Part 2
15|| The Meeting
16|| Chess
17 || Escape
18 || Travellers
19 || Exile
20 || Execution || Part 1
20 || Execution || Part 2
21 || Cocoa and Compasses
|| Halloween special ||
22 || You're Not Real
23 || The Truth
24 || Solivagant
25 || An Ocean of White
26 || Mothers
27 || Clarity
28 || Old Friends
29 || Secrets
30 || Engagement
31 || The Antarctic Anarchist Commune
✧Christmas Special✧
32 || Michael
33 || Heros
34 || Mizpah
35 || Stories From Another Life
36 || Adjustment
37 || The Community House
38 || Loss
39 || Anger
40 || Worry
41 || Bargaining || Part 1
41 || Barganing || Part 2
42 || Lightning
43 || Moving Forward
44 || Getting Help
45 || Itsy Bitsy Spider
46 || Best Friends
47 || Great Responsibility
48 || Time Away
49 || New Recruits
51 || Return
52 || Always
53 || Only the Night Sky
54 || Great and Sudden Change || Part 1
54 || Great and Sudden Change || Part 2
54 || Great and Sudden Change || Part 3
55 || Action
56 || You Are My Everything
57 || Nostalgia
58 || War
59 || Silence
60 || Epilogue
Final Words From The Author :)

50 || East and West

213 18 0
By red_fairy_lights

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, FIRE, BLOOD, VIOLENCE

(I just love this armour I found for Y/N it looks like Netherite it's so perfect gaaahhh)

Just a short chapter for today guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking at the flames that engulfed most of the village buildings, I found myself glad we had evacuated this place long ago. Towns and villages on the front lines suffered the worst in the fighting. They were the first we evacuated, sending them to L'Manburg and then on boats to a faraway coast; away from Schlatt's influence. 

When the battlefield looks like this, I feel both big and small. Small next to the towering flames, booms from TNT in the distance. Big because I was untouchable, I was yet to meet an enemy that was a challenge to beat. In the beginning, I struggled, but then I realised Schlatt had trained them all to fight in the same way. I could exploit the same weaknesses over and over, we made it a part of the training for our soldiers. Look for weaknesses; patterns, anything that can be predicted and use it against them. 

I shift uncomfortably in my armour as the stink of blown sulfur burns my nostril hairs. Looking down I notice how the white fur trims at the bottom of my cloak had been muddied again. I sigh adjusting my grip on my axe and climb through the rubble back to Quackity. 

He waves to me as I approach. He always stood out like a sore thumb on the battlefield, nobody else wore a red tie or a beanie in the fighting. But it wasn't like he fought with me and the soldiers. Quackity is one of the many brains of our organisation. Between him and Fundy, I couldn't have asked for a better logistics team. 

"The prisoners are ready to move," he grins slinging his pickaxe over his shoulder triumphantly, his blind white eye gleaming. I don't understand why he fights with a pickaxe, but if it works it works. 

"Get them out of here Big Q, and say 'hi' to Sam for me," we grip hands with a mutual victorious grin before he stalks off back to the long train of prisoners. They were cuffed together by their hands and ankles in iron chains. He shouts something to the generals up the front and they start the slow march back to the prison. 

Since the prison had finished it was a real blessing for us. Sam, Bad and Antfrost are amazing at keeping everything in order. They only took the most specialised soldiers to become guards and the training process was extensive and well thought out. 

I sling my axe over my back and stretch my arms above my head. It had been a long morning and it was nearly noon now. I roll my eyes as my stomach growls causing the voices to whine at me. 

"I'm hungry too guys, relax," I say flopping my arms back down to my sides. 

I smile when I see Ranboo is already waiting for me by our horses. I almost giggle at the sight of Percy in armour, it was not something I could ever get used to. The giant draft horse who is sweet, lazy and loves food is now dressed for war in glittering Netherite and gold armour that matched my axe. Eret had it welded especially for me. 

"Ready to go when you are," Ranboo hands me Percy's reigns. 

"I'm starving," I state and swing myself into the saddle. 

"I could go for some chorus fruit," Ranboo looks at me cheekily. I laugh remembering the hell we had been through to try and get the damn plant to grow. I was thankful that Kritana had given me enough to work with so I could fail a few trials. 

The fruit was specialised to grow in the End, so trying to get it to grow in the overworld was a huge pain in the ass. Ranboo was there with Michael on the day I finally got it to take root in the fat pot that now sat in the shade of the back verandah. We had cheered so loud. It feels strange eating the fruit again, I hadn't eaten it since we lived in the city. But it was nice to have new memories of the fruit. Memories better than the 

"Yeah I'll have some chorus fruit," I say as we kick our horses to go a little faster. We laugh and chat as we ride enjoying the sun. 

A funny patch of shade on the ground catches my eye. I swivel in the saddle and spot a crow flying not too far above us. I start slowing down and the crow lands on my shoulder, I notice the letter immediately. 

Ranboo stops and watches as I unfold the letter. 

"There's been a major development at the castle, they need me immediately," I look at Ranboo worriedly. 

"Then let's go!" he says and I kick Percy into a gallop. 

****

We canter through the gates and straight into the stables sending the staff into a tizzy. I don't bother taking off my armour as Ranboo and I sprint inside and rush to the meeting room. We don't see Eret once. 

As soon as we reach the tall spruce doors I bust them open and freeze. There are people everywhere. Generals and mayors shouted at each other at the top of their lungs, not one person was sitting. Spit flew and people were pointing and pacing. Ranboo and I stride to the front of the room without being noticed. We reach Sapnap and George at the head of the table where they were struggling to control the room. 

"What's happening?" I demand immediately. 

"The Dark Army is making huge advances on all sides," George explains. 

"These guys didn't take it well," Sapnap adds. 

I look around trying to pick up pieces of what the generals are saying but it's all just noise. The voices start becoming restless around all the noise. I feel the pressure building. I look at the map in the centre of the table and notice now many black markers were on the front lines and how many white markers had been removed since our last meeting. 

"EVERYBODY ATTENTION PLEASE!" I shout at the top of my lungs but it's completely lost in the room. I look to Ranboo who's just as stressed as I am. I look around for anything that would help me. Roll my shoulders uncomfortably in my armour wishing that I had taken it off. 

Wait. 

That's it. 

I reach over my shoulder and grab my axe. I look and George and Sapnap who had gone wide-eyed at my new stance. 

With an almighty swing, I bring my axe down on the centre of the table. A massive crack sounds through the room as the table splits down the middle in a fine line right to its centre. Thankfully it doesn't break in half. Somehow, the map and markers stay in their places. 

Everybody looks at me now. 

"EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I scream at them. I must look mad, filthy and in my battle armour with my bloody axe stuck in the middle of the table. They're frozen in place like dears in headlights. 

I rip the axe out of the table and mentally wince knowing how pissed off Eret will be. George, Sapnap and Ranboo are silent. 

I swear I hear a pin drop. 

"Sit down and stop behaving like children!" I command straightening my crown and take out a hair tie to pull my hair out of my face. They listen and obey silent sitting in their seats again looking embarrassed. I wish Dream was here. 

I look to George and Sapnap again. 

"Relay the situation again," I tell them. Nervously, they point out how the Dark Army had been attempting a pincer move, coming in on both sides of our forces. They're trying to create a two-front war and stretch our recourses thinly. It had been working. I notice how the markers had shifted.

Schlatt had focused his attention on the oceans and come around behind us on our North West side. He has cut off our trade routes and our only route to the refugees. If we're not careful he'll get into the L'Manburg docks. 

"Explain the defences," I ask. 

"Punz and Purpled are on opposite sides of the map and Fundy and Jack have been deployed to watch battalions we've just sent out," Sapnap says. 

"And our numbers?" Ranboo asks, flicking an ear curiously. 

"We don't have enough troops on either side, we're stretched thin enough as it is," George says.

I eye the terrain marked on the map carefully and am hit with a flashback to Schlatt's meeting room. He was attacking that little town from all sides, even the sides he didn't need, to win. He likes to be sure and he's too much of an idiot to remember what I had explained to him. 

"How many are attacking?" I ask hoping for more context. 

"Reports have said five to six thousand on both sides," George says. 

"That's small for Schlatt," I frown knowing how many tens of thousands he's deployed in the past. 

"It's small for him but massive for us," a general pipes up from the table. I nod acknowledging the fact. The gears in my brain slowly churn as I reach my strategy. 

"Generals," I address the room. 

"Select your finest to fight in the east and the west," Now I turn to Sapnap and George. 

"Send out warriors to the north and south," George and Sapnap frown at me. 

"But there aren't any substantial attacks in the north and south," Sapanp points out. North of us was Snowchester and South was nothing of importance to Schlatt. But that was exactly what he wanted us to think. He would never attack Snowchester, he would know full well of Tubbo's technology and how strong Snowchester's defences were. It was a small town built to be a tank. They'd be dead before they left their boats. 

"Schlatt loves to attack from all angles, take it from somebody who lived with him," I feel questions in everybody's eyes but I don't have the time to mull over them.

"I suspect these small attacks are a distraction. They're big numbers to us but to Schlatt it's no problem. He's hoping that we get nervous and waste our energy trying to fight these 'big' problems. His real secrets will be hiding in the North and the South to catch us off guard," I smirk as everything starts falling into its proper place. 

"We're going to turn it around on him. He's smart, but also ignorant. He's not looking at the forces that he's tucked away because he thinks he's too smart to be found out. Always hit where the mark isn't looking," I finish my explanation successfully and the generals seem more at ease. 

We go through the regular business. I deliver orders and send a letter to our strategists in the SMP. Plans are made and the generals are dismissed but I keep George and Sapnap behind with me and Ranboo. I look at Ranboo and gesture to the window, he nods and opens it. 

"Ok boys, time to start writing letters," I say and then whistle loudly. It's not long before crows start flying in through the window and sitting in random places around the room. 

"Y/N, you know this attack you're planning is mad, we don't have enough strength to do it," Sapnap says tiredly. 

"Sapnap, have more faith in me than that," I chuckle and pull the long rope on the wall that rings a bell for castle staff. One opens the door straight away and startles at the sight of the crows. 

"Yes, my lady?" He asks nervously. 

"Please send for letter-writing materials, lots of them," I ask, they nod and run off again. I turn back to Sapnap. 

"If the Dark Army forces in the North and South think we have more forces than we actually do, they will simply retreat," I shrug nonchalantly and start pulling off pieces of my heavy armour. I watch Sapnap's face as the words tick through his mind, I smile when his eyes light up in realisation. 

"We attack under the cover of night!" he grins. 

"Exactly."

"When?"

"As soon as possible, we need our best fighters on the front lines ready for a stealth attack. They're the only ones who will be able to hide in the darkness. That's including us four," I look at all of them. 

Three staff members come into the room carrying stacks of papers, envelopes, wax, candles and quills. We start writing letters to our best fighters. Crows slowly drain from the room as they're sent around the country. Letters to Technoblade and Phil, Tubbo, Tommy, Quackity, Lian, Niki and so many other people. 

I roll my wrist out as I send another letter. We are nearly finished and the expression on Sapnap, George and Ranboo's face were enough to tell me that they felt as tired as I did.  

I nearly leap out of my seat as a bang sounds through the room. Puffy stands looking ragged and breathless between the open door, her captain's hat skew on her head and her red coat falling off one shoulder. 

"Puffy!" I exclaim and stand from my seat. The doors swing shut behind her as she comes straight for me and grips my shoulders. 

"Puffy what-"

"There's somebody in the SMP," her words only serve to confuse me. 

"What do you mean?" I watch her eyes searching desperately for some kind of answer. 

"S-she's heavily armoured and riding a black stallion," I shake my head not understanding her stress. I pull out and chair and sit Puffy down so she can catch her breath. George and Sapnap look equally confused as I feel. Ranboo looks nervous. 

"I'll send some people to see to the problem-" 

"No no no you don't understand!" Puffy cuts me off. Puffy never cuts anybody off. 

"She has Schlatt with her."

The room goes deathly silent. 

My blood turns cold. 

~~~~

HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CLIFFHANGER SUCKDIN Y'ALL. 

Yes I know this was quite short, I'm rather pressed for time at the moment. 

I HOPE YOU HAVE A POGGERS MORNING/DAY/EVENING/NIGHT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 27.1K 134
This is a technoblade x female reader she/her pronouns. If your sensitive to any of the following topics please do not read. •slight gore •blood •we...
606 39 13
book cover by hèath. @hessostrange in threads ________________________________ Only to those who wish to know the real ending of the runaway princess...
30 0 10
🛑This story isn't a romantic fanfic! All characters have a mutual relationship! No kissy kissy romance stuff! That's a no no here! So don't even ask...
23.8K 1.1K 36
• BOOK TWO OF THE KAIIDTH SERIES! ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ - ''You know, I'm kind of against planning things out.'' Dream said bluntly, leaning back to rest his...