Charm

By Midnight-life

Encanto is an amazing place where people are sweet and kind (well most of them) the place where you can live... More

NOTICE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Hi!
THANK U!?

Chapter 22

4.8K 121 24
By Midnight-life

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Lusia's emotions▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*María's POV*

The entire morning consisted of Camilo and I being teased. Dolores making kissy faces to me anytime I passed her, Isabela handing me a rose saying it was on Camilo's behalf, Mirabel just giggling her head off and asking a lot of flustering questions, Agustín and Felix gave me hell at the table this morning, Antonio was harmless but that didn't stop him from teasing me, Pepa and Julieta started to lecture Camilo about "breaking my heart he will suffer a painful death", Luisa was the most calm but she gave her wink of teasement.

I had to leave the breakfast table earlier as Abuela asked me specifically to go down to the market to pick up a big shop for today a we will have guests over for dinner. I gladly agreed and had to leave a whining Camilo with the others.

'MARÍA! MARÍA!' I quickly turn around at the sound of Mirabel's voice calling me. She hurries down the hill to my side panting. I chuckle.

'Need something Mira?' I ask. She has an unusual serious face on. My smile falters a bit.

'I need to tell you something....' she trails off obviously lost it thought. She snaps back to reality. 'Now' I nod. We both start to walk through the market close together as she tells me what she is thinking.

'So wait!' I abruptly stop in my place and she looks at me nervously. 'So the Miracle is dying, Lusia's eye was twitching all night according to Dolores and you think Luisa knows something about what is happening' I clarify. She nods and looks at the ground. 'And you are taking it apon yourself to figure this out?' I ask. She nods again her eyes still to the floor. I smile. 'Well let's go find Lusia' I state. She shoots her head up with furrowed brows.

'What?'

'Oh come on you thought I would let you do this all by yourself? Ha your funny Mira! Let's go!' She laughs at me and we start walking away from the market.

'Don't you need more stuff from the market?' She asks as she looks at my basket.

I shake my head. 'I don't need much, besides if I forget something I can always ask Camilo to get it for me' we both laugh.

'Ye are smitten for each other' she says. I feel my cheeks heat up so I turn my face away from her. She laughs at me.

We walked and walked around Encanto for what felt like hours until finally we found Luisa rounding up donkey's. Throwing them on top of her shoulders. The donkey's looked uncomfortable on top of each other.

'Luisa! Luisa!' I call out. She turns around and smiles at me but then she sees Mirabel next to me and I see the panic in her eyes and she trys to walk away but we follow close behind.

'Luisa! I know you know something about what's wrong with the magic!' Mirabel states as she stands in front of Luisa who is  trying to get around her. Luisa sighs in annoyance and just continues walking around picking up donkey's. Mirabel is persistent though. 'Dolores says your eye was twitching all night! Your eye never twitches! Only when your worried! So tell me! Is it about the magic?'

'Move! I might drop a donkey!' She says sarcastically. I giggle.

'But-' Mirabel and I start together but Luisa interrupts us.

'NOTHINGS WRONG!!' She shouts. I stand their startled a bit. 'S-sorry, that kinda just escaped their' she apologises then places all the donkey's on the ground and turning to face us with her hands on her hips. 'Nothings wrong, why would anything be wrong? Isa's fine, I'm fine, there's nothing wrong with the magic' she says and just then her eye twitched.

'Your eye-'

'Your eye is doing the thing-'

I'm the strong one, I'm not nervous~
I'm as tough as the crust of the earth is~
I move mountains, I move churches~
And I glow 'cause I know what my worth is~

I don't ask how hard the work is~
Got a rough indestructible surface~
Diamonds and platinum, I find 'em, I flatten 'em~
I take what I'm handed, I break what's demanding~

But!

Under the surface~
I feel berserk as a tightrope walker in a three-ring circus~
Under the surface~
Was Hercules ever like "Yo, I don't wanna fight Cerberus"?~
Under the surface~
I'm pretty sure I'm worthless if I can't be of service~

A flaw or a crack~
The straw in the stack~
That breaks the camel's back~
What breaks the camel's back it's~

Pressure like a drip, drip, drip that'll never stop,~

whoa

Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip 'till you just go pop,~

whoa

Give it to your sister, your sister's older~
Give her all the heavy things we can't shoulder~
Who am I if I can't run with the ball?~
If I fall to~

Pressure like a grip, grip, grip and it won't let go~,

whoa

Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'til it's ready to blow~

whoa

Give it to your sister, your sister's stronger~
See if she can hang on a little longer~
Who am I if I can't carry it all?~
If I falter~

Under the surface~
I hide my nerves, and it worsens, I worry something is gonna hurt us~
Under the surface~
The ship doesn't swerve as it heard how big the iceberg is~
Under the surface~
I think about my purpose, can I somehow preserve this?~

Line up the dominoes~
A light wind blows~
You try to stop it tumbling~
But on and on it goes~

But wait!

If I could shake the crushing weight of expectations~
Would that free some room up for joy~
Or relaxation, or simple pleasure?~
Instead we measure this growing pressure~
Keeps growing, keep going~
'Cause all we know is~

Pressure like a drip, drip, drip that'll never stop,~

whoa

Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip 'til you just go pop,~

whoa-oh-oh

Give it to your sister, it doesn't hurt~
And see if she can handle every family burden~
Watch as she buckles and bends but never breaks~
No mistakes just~

Pressure like a grip, grip, grip and it won't let go,~

whoa

Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'til it's ready to blow,~

whoa

Give it to your sister and never wonder~
If the same pressure would've pulled you under~
Who am I if I don't have what it takes?~
No cracks, no breaks~
No mistakes, no pressure~

We traveled through the ground and the sky while she sang that song. She stood in front of us panting. She had a few tears in the corner of her eyes but I knew she wouldn't let the fall. I lay my soft gaze on her.

'You carry way too m-' Mirabel starts. Mirabel and I both had the same idea as we both embraced her in a tight hug. She immediately squeezed us both back.

'Maybe I go a little overboard sometimes' she says. I nod slightly indicating her she was right. 'There was something that happened, just before you came in to tell us about the cracks in Casita, for a moment I felt...weak' she says desperately. I widen my eyes at Mirabel and she does the same to me.

'Tell us more Lui-' I start.

'Luisa! The donkey's!'

'On it!' Luisa shouts back. She lets us drop to the ground and turns away to collect the donkey's. 'If you want answers you might want to visit Bruno's tower' she says. 'They say before he disappeared he had this crazy vision about it'

'Bruno's tower?' I mumble.

'But be careful, that place is out of bounds for a reason' she states. Her face paling. She then continues to walk away to do her Madrigal chores. I look at Mirabel. We both had the same look. A determined look.

'Bruno's tower it is!!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 1.1K 37
To be fair you always had a crush on Luisa Madrigal, but you were always intimidated by her too. One day your best friend and also her sister, Mirabe...
66.3K 1.4K 25
Camilo madrigal x female!reader (Y/n) and her family moved with their grandparents in Encanto, in which our protagonist will face a lot of events whi...
48.5K 1.3K 38
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚♡ ⋆。˚ ❀ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫ ┊ ┊ ♫ ° ┊ ⊹ " 𝙉𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 " ✽ ⋆┊ . ˚. " 𝙀𝙭𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚 " ❆ . ˚ *...
5.6K 152 22
Bruno Madrigal had been living in the walls of Casita for 10 whole years. He lost a lot of time. Returning was very awkward for him at first, not bei...